All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
720 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL, 60605, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9397

Great pool
    Clean
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
"Perfect place to stay near the lake in Chicago."
Other than parking our car for a large sum of money at the hotel, everything else about the hotel was first rate.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for any disappointment you experienced with our added charges. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. We work hard to maintain one of the most competitive pricing for a large downtown area hotel on our products and services such as parking. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael H. Hotel Manager
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"Good venue but old looks dirty."
Carpet color is fading and dark looks filthy. Shower curtain getting yellow. Furniture are antique and ugly. Internet connection are not free. Parking ticket even thought is already paid in desk, the machine at the parking exit doesn't recognize it and have to call them gladly know one is waiting to me at the back. TV Cable in the room is low signal sometimes nothing at all. There is no working exhaust fan at the restroom very moistly at hot shower.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for any disappointment you experienced during your stay. I hope you had an opportunity to speak to our manager on duty while you were still here regarding your concerns and allowed us the opportunity to address and correct your issues and to make it right. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. Later this year we will embark on our 3rd and final phase of renovations and all of our guestrooms will be completed by spring of 2016. These renovations brought updated amenities such as in-room safes and refrigerators so please be sure to visit us again and stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2015
Andy Bonn
"Not as happy as first visit"
My room this time wasn't as nice. Felt like I was at a cheap hotel.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. Please allow me to inform you, later this year we will embark on our 3rd and final phase of renovations and all of our guestrooms will be completed by spring of 2016. These renovations brought updated amenities such as in-room safes and refrigerators so please visit us again and come enjoy one of our newly remodeled rooms. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
Teresa
"Nice hotel close to the museum campus!"
We have had an issue with the shower curtain that was dirty and we had to ask twice to have it changed. Some towels were also overused and damaged. Otherwise the room was comfortable but we taught for Hilton those two things should have been addressed.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
Ramona
Overall it was a pleasant stay. The Hotel was hosting a medical convention and the attendees were congregating in large numbers in the lobby. It was at times a maze just to get to the elevator. The Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
3 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Chad
"Hilton Stay for Bear's game"
The stay was wonderful. We had two bathrooms in our room. The staff was very courteous. The swimming pool and hot tubs were just what we needed. The hotel was walking distance (about 1 mile) to Soldier Field. The parking attendants (especially Danny) were so friendly and funny.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Valerie
"LOVE CHI-TOWN!"
This was a very enjoyable stay. Only stayed the weekend, but enjoyed all we could! Would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
"Big but cosy"
Had a great stay
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel. I was pleased to hear you had a great stay. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night business trip Oct 16, 2015
Marsel Arie
Beautiful hotel. Spacious accommodations and excellent staff. Can't beat the location.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our beautiful hotel, location and with the quality of service you received from our staff. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your spacious room accommodations. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Louis
"Girls Getaway"
This hotel and staff were nice enough but it was just a little out of the way for us. Magnificient Mile, rather than cultural mile would've been better since we planned on walking everywhere but we ended up taking a cab most places since this was so far South.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel and with the quality of service you received from our staff. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. Please accept my sincere apology for any disappointment with our location. I hope it was not too big of an inconvenience for you. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night trip with friends Oct 15, 2015
"Chicago Marathon A-Plus!"
Stayed here for the Chicago Marathon on 10.11.15. Executive level amenities were well worth the additional price. Kind staff and solid offering of F & B options makes this hotel a great choice.
5 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Great stay!
3 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
The bed is good, room little bit small. However, there is no phone singnal in the room.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Yi-Ru
"History and comfort in one place."
Located in a privileged location this hotel has every amenity. Service is excellent and for the price I believe its unbeatable considering its location. The rooms are quiet and comfortable as well as the bathroom. Definitely will comeback.
3 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Gerardo
"Weekend in Chicago"
My family joined me for a weekend stay following a conference. I have stayed at the Hilton before on business and it is always reliably good. The room was plenty big for the three of us and the beds were comfortable. There were lots of football fans staying at the hotel, as well as a small medical conference and everyone co-mingled nicely. The doormen are terrific, one of whom protected us from an overly aggressive taxi driver. The hotel is clean and has been kept up well, while retaining its historic charm. Our room had been renovated within the last few years. We did not use the fitness center or pool. The location is top notch - we walked to Millenium Park and lots of restaurants.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"close to concert"
stayed for concert nearby. Great visit
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
david
"order rooms through hilton"
2 rooms reserved on line were not the same as ordered. Mgr.explained it was because of the online company used. My only repley was, why use that online company for pre-pad bookings. Hotels.com
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"mr"
Doormen should assist when needed
1 night business trip Sep 26, 2015
olufemi
My only criticism is no free wifi, which is a worthy feature for families with children.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
The Location is great and the hotel is pretty but old. Staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't get to use the gym or pool but they looked fantastic. The only bad thing about our room is that it had a very musty/old smell that really never went away. At first we thought we had been booked into a smoking room but it wasn't a smoke smell just an old smell. But still a very enjoyable trip and stay.
3 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2015
"Great Trip"
The bell men and the employees at the desk were very welcoming. The bell men that helped us think a lot about Hilton and care about their jobs and making the guest feel welcome. That is hard to find in this world today. I hope Hilton rewards these fine employees, well deserved compliments their way.
2 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
"Good Location"
Very nice hotel. Very secure and close to Miracle Mile and museums. Across the street from Grant Park. Bed not very comfortable and room was quite small. But housekeeping kept it clean. Could be noisy at times and had people knocking on the door at 4 AM twice.
3 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Extended weekend getaway
3 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
It would be nice if you did not have to pay additional for parking while staying at the hotel.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
The hotel was outdated. We also were not very happy when we checked out they did not tell us it was 70 bucks to park there when there self park was closed.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Not Provided
"Held Hostage"
The hotel charged me a nights stay because I needed to cut my stay short. I was not aware of this policy and only noticed after I had been charged. Spoke with rude hotel manager who could not or would not produce the policy, stating I should look for it online. If you stay here don't decide to leave early.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Hotel Hostage
"Hair here and there."
too much hair other than that it was better than ok.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
mehrdad
"too big to give a *#%@"
a drunk was rampaging outside our room in the middle of the night threatening murder and smashing up foyer furniture. staff slowly responded, put him back in his room, then said we might have to put up with some noise. within 5 minutes he was back, and they this time acted like we were being boring complainers- evetually they offered to move us, told us to be ready in 5 min. we sat waiting for 25min . at 2.30 am they finally changed our room- but still acted like we were drama queens, even as the drunk was escorted from the hotel by police, covered in blood. not great service at all.
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Halloran
We were attending a wedding in Chicago and this hotel was just down the street! Perfect location right on Michigan Avenue!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Better places for expense"
Bathroom door broken. Front desk doesn't answer phones. Long lines at front desk. Dated room. Gave me handicap room and shower leaks all over.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
Glenn
"Hilton Chicago"
We spent a night , the hotel is huge & very active, great location! We didn't have enough time to spend in the hotel but we had a great nights sleep! Overall if you like big old hotels, with lots of action, you will enjoy this hotel!
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Amazing stay at the Chicago Hilton! Can't wait to stay again :)
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Georgia, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and can’t wait to return. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
GEORGIA
"Gorgeous hotel"
Hotel was classy and comfortable. Great location across from Grant park. The history of this hotel made our stay interesting
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel and great location. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your comfortable stay. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2015
"Dirty, filthy stealing"
Room was dirty - cob webs from ceiling, dusty and makeup smudges on one of the pillows. Staff stole a bottle of perfume and ate half of some items we left in the restaurant refrigerator. I will never stay again!
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
Leslie
"Terrible customer service!!"
We had an awful experience! We came for the opening Packer Vs Bears game. The king standard room we reserved had been booked out so they gave us a 2 double bed standard. The beds were so small my boyfriend and I slept in separate beds for the weekend. They offered us free WiFi and a better view for the trouble but the view was of another building and the WiFi didn't stay connected. It wasn't made clear that there would be a 100$ hold on my card until I saw that I had overdrafted my account which put a damper on our stay. Hotel staff were rude and uninterested in guests who were not diamond status business patrons. I have stayed at plenty of other Hiltons and had high expectations. We will never come back and would not recommend!
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Megan, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for any disappointments you experienced during your stay especially, with your room accommodations and the level of service you received from our staff. Your experience is not the normal high level of service we provide or are known for. I have personally spoken to the Director of Front Office to ensure any necessary re-training takes place. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to focus improvements and any necessary re-training. We truly hope you will allow us future opportunity to serve you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Megan
We decided to visit the city on a whim. The location and history of the hotel were great. However, I never really felt I was in a hotel that was worthy of the price being charged (and I got a deal). The room was small, lacking a refrigerator, and nothing special. After waiting forever, though I was fourth in line, the person checking me in seemed to lose all interest in my having a pleasant stay once he learned I was not interested in joining their rewards program or upgrading my room. The bathroom looked nothing like the pictures on the website. I have enjoyed bigger, more inviting rooms in cheaper hotels that offer more free ammenities including breakfast, wifi, and a workout room.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Shannon
Overnight stay for the Bears game on Sunday. Did not use any of the restaurants or facilities, but this Hotel had it all.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Beautiful place to stay in nice area of Chicago. Room was very clean, staff very helpful. Only thing to note is that we traveled with young children and there is really nothing to do there for kids, pool is a only lap pool etc.In searching for a hotel I had wanted a safe, non-smoking hotel is a nice area, which this was, but there was nothing for my kids to do except watch TV.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Rebecca, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel, location and with the quality of service you received from our staff. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. Please allow me to inform you, our pool does reserve two lap lanes however; we do have a designated recreational area for others to enjoy. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Rebecca
"Nice Hotel for one night and low price."
Nothing extra,but a bad view of brink building out of the only two windows. the staff in the hotel is very nice and makes you feel welcome.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Dick, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel and with the quality of service you received from our staff. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
Dick
"Holiday escape"
Very nice & extremely convenient. Within walking distance to a ton of restaurants
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Randy, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our nice hotel and convenient location. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Randy
"Noisy hotel"
The people next door was very noisy for two nights. I barely slept.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Aurelia, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for any noise your experienced and that your sleep with interrupted. Your experience is not the normal high level of service we provide or are known for. I hope you had an opportunity to speak to your manager on duty while you were still here regarding your concerns and allowed us the opportunity to correct you issue and to make it right. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2015
Aurelia
We had lake view room on 18th floor. Very nice view of Navy Pier and lake. Room was clean. Carts rolling down hallway at 6am kind of annoying.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations with the nice view of Navy Pier. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. Please accept my sincere apology for any disappointment you experienced with noise. I hope it was not too big of an inconvenience. Your experience is not the normal high level of service we provide or are known for. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
1 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
melissa
"Love Chicago!"
Bachelorette party weekend. Stayed in 3 rooms each with 2 double beds and 2, yes 2, full bathrooms. Perfect for 4 ladies per room getting ready for a night out on the town. Was not thrilled with the coffee brand in the room, but nice setup. Beds were great; not so comfy pillows in my opinion. Would stay here again. If you can get the deal with parking for an extra $30, do it. Was able to find lots close by for same price.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Lisa, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your two bathrooms room accommodations with the great beds. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
"GREAT STAY"
A +++++++
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to see your appreciation of our hotel. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Great location!"
It was a great stay and would go back. It was nice being right across from the parks. Clean and great service at the front desk. Only negative, called for housekeeping for an extra blanket and pillow, waited an hour. Called again, waited another hour, called and canceled.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Angela, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel, great location and with the quality of service you received from our Front Office staff. I was pleased to hear you had a great stay! It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. Please accept my sincere apology for any disappointment you received with your attempts in trying to get extra blanket and pillow. Your experience is not the normal high level of service we provide or are known for. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
angela
The room had a few spider webs up in the ceiling above the beds. It was to late at night to change room. Told the front desk in the morning. Could not give us a discount because we did not book it through them. They did give us breakfast.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apology for any disappointment you experienced with spider webs above your bed. Your experience is not the normal high level of service we provide or are known for. Our goal is to always provide the best possible service our guests come to expect and deserve. I have spoken the Director of Housekeeping to ensure any additional re-training of the housekeeping staff tales place. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to focus on improvements and any necessary re-training. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Great experience"
Had a great time. Very nice hotel.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel. I was pleased to hear you had a great experience. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
II RESERVED FOR 2 ROOMS AND ONE WAS THE UPDATED ROOM FOR ME AND MY HUSBAND WHILE MY KIDS GOT THE DOUBLE ROOM THAT WAS MUCH SMALLER AND OUTDATED. THERE WAS A CONVENTION THAT SAME HOLIDAY WEEKEND WITH MANY YOUNG ADULTS THAT HAD BEEN SMOKING WEED ON THE FLOOR MY KIDS WERE ON. AFTER FIRST ATTEMPT TO TALK TO THE MANAGER WHO SAID SHE WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT AND NOTHING WAS DONE I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER THE NEXT NIGHT AND FINALY MOVED MY KIDS TO THE SAME FLOOR I WAS ON WHICH WAS UPDATED. UNFORTUNATELY, THEY WERE NOT VERY RECEPTIVE TO THE COMPLAINT AND THEY GROUP OF YOUNG ADULTS CONTINUED TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANTED. NOT A GREAT STAY AT THE HOTEL BUT CHICAGO IS ALWAYS A FAVORITE DESTINTATION, BUT I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK TO THE CHICAGO HILTON AGAIN. THIS WAS MY SECOND TIME THERE
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Lobna
"Spiritual renewal"
Sharing family time.
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Patricia, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I hope your family time was a great experience for you all. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
I love Chicago and wanted to spend Labor Day weekend with my daughter and granddaughter , couldn't think of a better place to go. First time I stayed at this Hilton Hotel and it was better than expected. Love the rooms, great service at the restaurant, very friendly employees and great location
Response by Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
Dear Ricardo, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It was a pleasure to receive your comments and to learn of your appreciation of our hotel, great location and with the quality of service you received from our staff. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your room accommodations and dining experience. It’s always good to hear we are meeting the expectations our guests come to expect and deserve. We look forward to many more years of serving you in the true spirit of hospitality for which Hilton Hotels are known. Sincerely, Michael F. Hooper Hotel Manager
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015