All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
871 Seventh Ave, New York, NY, 10019, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Location, location, location!"
The most, best, superbe thing about the Wellington is its LOCATION! It makes up for everything else. After reading a lot of 3 and 2 star ratings I almost regretted making my reservation at the Wellington. Surprise, surprise, I was delighted with my stay. Except for the stairs to the East Wing, which made my room hard to find in the beginning. I found the 50's atmosphere quite relaxing. Service was fine, except for lack of WI-FI. Fortunately Starbucks and Tisserie were just across the street. The staff was friendly and helpful.
6 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
Lindy
"City charm"
Had not been in the city since 1989. The Wellington has the city charm. All the staff was friendly and Helpful. The room was great and the bed was a dream. We averaged 7 miles each day walking. I needed the great sleep. I was up early with A walk in the park. Perfect location.
3 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
lawrence
"Medicore hotel at a reasonable price"
Very brief
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Just Right"
Business trip so hotel was just right.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
"Dining"
The hotel was very good. Did not care for the breakfast at the Cafe
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
Louis
"Is ok"
Well they first set me up in like the back rooms like a dumb had to argue with then that i wanted to change the room and they insisted on what was wrong should the fact i dont like it be enough
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Marvin
"Great room"
The room was wonderful, spacious, clean, great TV. The best I have had in New York. There is a great cafe where I had delicious pancakes at 11 PM.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Naomi
"Wellington Review"
We had a fantastic time at the Wellington! I arrived earlier than the 3pm check-in time, but the worker at the desk very nicely checked us in and let us know that we can store our bags until check-in time, but arranged for the bellman to take us to our room instead. The room was very clean and we had a great view of 7th Avenue. All of the workers were very helpful and very easy to approach and to strike up a conversation with. They were very knowledgeable, also. The location of the hotel was very ideal! A few blocks and a short walk away from Central Park, from Times Square, from Radio City, from the subway...it was a very great location! I loved being within walking distance of all of the theaters and great food! All in all, I would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip May 28, 2015
"First trip to NYC"
The location is convenient to the Theater District and Central Park.
4 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
The location is great. But the hotel is very old and doesn't provide internet service in your room or in the lobby. You have to pay additional money to use their service which is ridiculous after paying so much money just for a room.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Good hotel for price and location"
mom and I had a great time in NYC and enjoyed the location of the Wellington. while rooms are small, housekeeping and Bellmen are very nice and helpful. Would stay here again on our next trip to NYC.
3 night family trip May 20, 2015
Pamela
"Great place"
One of the best places to stay in NYC
5 night trip May 21, 2015
Marion
"There was no coffee maker in the room ."
No coffee maker in the room and no chairs. Small room but clean and beds were comfortable.
Pam
"clcse to central park"
Small and no viewed. Just a tiny room. sorry! Don't want to comment much!
Alex
"Great space! Convenient location!"
We come the NYC at least once a year. Always stay in different places due to our regular place closing. I think we found a new regular. We had a suite. Clean, roomy and affordable. Only wish there were two bathrooms or that the bathroom was between the two sleeping areas. We will be back!
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
Timothy
"Condition of room, noise level, overall stay"
Upon arrival window air conditioning unit was out. Shower head needed to be replaced. I had asked for one of the renovated rooms several months ago when I booked. Didn't get one. Due to noise of traffic, I would highly recommend that you provide earplugs upon request. Other than those things, our stay was a good experience.
donna
"Nice hotel in the city, valet parking"
Nice courteous staff, free room upgrade because out of my booked room type. Valet parking convenient and price comparable to other garages in the area.
Tony
"Wonderful hotel and great location!"
This is an older hotel that has recently been updated. It has a lot of character and is in a great location. We got an upgraded room which was a nice surprise. The room was very spacious and the beds were comfy. The only issue we had was a stopped up toilet and that was fixed immediately. For the price you really can't beat this hotel in NYC.
Pam
It's a good one and near to Times Square and near to Central Park
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Nice location, mediocre facilities"
The main advantage of this place is the location, heart of Times square, do I even, need to tell you how good it is to be on this place? The facilities could have been better. TV remote didn't work, bath room lights and shower were awful. The keys they provided on check-in didnt get activated as we entered the room, had to call them back for another pair of keys. The staff charged 20$ more as upgrade fee, for having 1 additional person on double room that too without an additional bed :-( I do understand that Manhattan is one of the most expensive places to stay and I cannot complain on the rates but overall experience is not positive and staffs are not too friendly either. I wouldn't stay here in this hotel again!
"Excellent Customer Service"
We came in for a night for my daughter's graduation from NYU Law. It was a quicky. When we checked in we received a free upgrade to a suite which was very clean and comfortable and much bigger than we thought!! The staff was very accommodating and helped us get taxis on several occasions since we are not as Taxi Savy as others. It was a great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you again!!
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
"OK for the price and location"
The hotel is conveniently located. Near Times Square, Central Park, subway stations and food. the hotel is old, the room was small without amenities in the room. Basically a bed and a bathroom. There is a restaurant on site I didn't eat in it. The staff was nice. The room was clean. The soap and lotions they provide stinks to me. Overall not bad for a New York hotel. I would recommend it. Probably a good value hotel for New York City. I am a single woman traveling solo and I felt safe there.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Willow
"Centric but needs renovation"
Old Rooms need renovation. A bit pricy for the quality of the hotel.
Other trip May 25, 2015
Silver
"Good location, not so comfortable."
Prime location, but an older hotel with small spaces. Bathroom smelt like feet and shower periodically scalded us with hot water. Leon needed a deep cleaning and dusting. For New York it was fine because we didn't spend much time in the hotel room and it was cheaper then other hotels in the area. Right next to the yellow subway line which takes you into downtown, was also a plus. Have to pay for wifi though and ice had to be retrieved by the staff. Not sure if we would stay here again, but would recommend because of the location.
2 night family trip May 19, 2015
Arrived early and they stored our luggage before check in. Once we arrived back to hotel took forever for someone to get us our luggage. We entered our room to find the bed unmade and room not cleaned. They moved us to new room and gave us a free breakfast. Front desk very apologetic. Room/hotel not clean and bathrooms need to be updated. Would not stay again. Great location, but not inviting hotel.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"great location visit new york."
When I ask them at the morning they told me, I can check in by 3pm. They Take us to the room 10 mins after 3pm. However, the room is no finish clean up. The house keeper ask me come back in 30mins. Beside that everything else is OK. The price is kinda expensive, but it is reasonable. Because the location is really convenient. Left is time square, right is central park. And the subway entrance just right outside the hotel.
Other trip May 23, 2015
krisy
"Great Hotel!"
I love staying at the Wellington. Overall, great hotel. If I were to change anything it would be to remodel the elevators to match the period look of the hotel.
2 night family trip May 14, 2015
"Very dated to room."
The room looked like it was last renovated in the 80's.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Wellington good night sleep"
Very nice room, friendly and helpful doormen, welcoming check-in personnel. Blinds would not stay down but i rigged it with my shoes....:-) Relatively quiet hotel, except for the guest room doors which slam loudly. When will hotels figure this one out...
2 night business trip May 17, 2015
Marc
"Great hotel next between time squ and central park"
Overall great hotel to spend the night and spend most of your time out and about. Our stay was typically out by 8am and back in around 11pm and midnight. Rooms seemed some what small but we are coming from Texas and use to everything being big. :). This is typical of a crowded city Space is a luxury. Staff was very nice and of great service. Rooms were very clean and serviced everyday.
carlos
"Close to Times Square, older hotel"
Great location. Rooms are very small and it is definately an older hotel.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Great location very close to Times Square"
The rooms were small but nice and clean. I paid for the breakfast option and we were never able to get a table to use the vouchers, so don't waste your money. There are tons of shops and food right outside.
Catherine
"Good location for business meetings"
Hotel was fine, standard accomodations for NYC. Avoid the elevators, they are slooow and small.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"I would definitely rebook!"
was very pleased with the two room layout. nice to have the bedrooms separated. the outlets did not work they were too loose. also all the light switches were dirty. BUT, it was a great location, it was quiet, the check in and check out was pleasant. We were very happy.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"A Great Stay in New York"
Excellent and helpful staff, the door man was the best ever!
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Lizabeth
Good location Staff with no emotion but does thier job
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Amazing place & Perfect location"
Such a great place to stay... perfect location!! Close to everything that's iconic. Reasonable rates! Great friendly staff. Even upgraded our room to a beautiful suite, since our room wasn't ready when we arrived 2 hrs earlier than checking time. Above and beyond!!! I will definitely stay here next time I visit nyc!
Nichole
"Good location but not so comfortable"
The hotel is well located and it's easy to get everywhere from there. Good options for food and shopping. BUT the room is really small. And the bathroom is even smaller! The shower was not working properly as well.
ana
"No free wifi they wanted charged me extra hate"
No good at first when i check in On the front desk was ok. But when I seatle in I try no wifi I call the front desk to find out how to get the signal the stuff was transfer me two times no body seems to know anything and the last one was rude. And say that I have to pay extra to get wifi I said no I booked online and every time I look the hotel ammenities like free wifi and I m not going to pay extra for this for that I'm going to rate this hotel one star to be in middle Nyc and no wifi
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
Marcia
"Nice hotel close to Central Park"
We really enjoyed our stay, the staff was very friendly and hotel was clean
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Old no frills hotel in good location."
Very very basic hotel with smallish rooms, but in a great central location.
"Out dated"
The shower did not work we've asked hotel staff to fix it we were told that it was fixed and it was not for two days in a row our shower did not work properly and we had to take ice cold showers with the water turning on and off on us the entire time. We were also told that this was a newly renovated hotel and it absolutely was not at all!
Other trip May 17, 2015
This hotel is very close to everything that is happening.
Debbie
"Wellington stay"
It was okay nothing special but the internet rates are very expensive
Great location Good room rate
5 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Charming Hotel Near Central Park"
The pictures of the hotel are very accurate. We thought the hotel was very charming. It has old world character, yes, the room and bathroom was small; but, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. We could not hear any noise in our room which made for a perfect night's sleep. We would definitely stay there again. If you are looking for a hotel with modern amenities you would probably need to look somewhere else.
Other trip May 14, 2015
Deborah/Don
Not the most friendliest staff. Took almost five minutes for shower water to heat up.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Henry
"Best value to service"
Hotel located at the best area. We stayed there 5days with my wife.Service was fine, room was clean, water always hot.
5 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
nick
"Great location nice enough hotel."
I got a nice room near the top with a view of Times Square. Very handy location. No exercise room. How hard would it be to put that in? I stayed here before and gut a poor room. This time I mentioned expedia elite and got the nicer room.
Other trip May 11, 2015
mike
"Excellent location"
We really enjoyed our stay at the Wellington. It is an older hotel which can do with a few modern touches, but the location is excellent and the price is good. Better window insulation and aircon would have made our stay even better.
Other trip May 10, 2015