All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here871 Seventh Ave, New York, NY, 10019, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Get Away"
had a great stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Small but great location"
Great location! Close to everywhere. Small but okay room. What I do not like is "New York standard" when I checked in for a small full size room. I reserved the two beds room, and it becames "preference" instead. Very annoying but kind of understandable for the location.
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Jianqiu
"Great stay and location."
I thought the room was small but perfect for me and my 15 yr. Had everything we needed with an awesome view. Clean and the staff was very friendly and nice. Walking distance to everything. Just wish it was warmer in Nyc. We had an amazing time seeing a Broadway show. Also subway right outside door for a quick trip to China Town and Little Italy for lunch. Great time. Gladly go back and stay at the Wellington. :-)
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Kristin
"best location in NYC!"
Upgraded to king room, nice hotel. But got randomly charged $10 not sure what for. But will definitely stay here whenever in NYC!
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"very satisfied"
This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. I have stayed at several in NYC, but never even considered the Wellington. We were up graded because they didn't have the room we had reserved. Beautiful suite.
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"Centrally located hotel"
Hotel Front Desk staff is not very friendly, seems the young woman that checked us in is not happy with her life. Housekeeping is understaffed on weekends so we arrived to rest before going out to dinner our room was not made up and it was 6pm. Not housekeeping fault it seems the hotel wants to save on salaries and is understaffed on weekends. We went and looked for the housekeeper and she immediately cleaned our room (it wasn´t her fault) and she was very friendly and did a good job the nine nights we were there. My advise is to always tip housekeeping, they really do have a hard job. Our room was very, very small and weren´t able to entirely unpack. Heating is very old so it was difficult to control (either to hot or too cold). On what was to be our last day there our flight home was cancelled due to the snow storm of February 15th. We were told we had to check out since they were sold out and that we could search for another room on the internet. We had to go to the front desk and speak to the manager to stay another night. They weren´t pleased we stayed an extra night but we weren´t about to go out during a snow storm to look for a room. The only thing going for the place is the location but we won´t be staying there again.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Claus
"Wellington hotel"
It was reasonable room with service It as good to have nice restaurants in the hotel. Because it was too cold and snowy to go out. I stayed 3nights in last Nov and three nights in Feb by hotel.com. Do you think you can count before assighntment.six nights all together Michiko Forrest
2 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"upgrade"
I was in NYC with friends. We booked two rooms with 2 bed each. When we got there the room were in different parts of the hotel. Different elevator. So the Wellington gave us two king suites to make up for that. Walking distance to time square. Definitely would stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"The Wellington during the Storm"
In general the stay was good. The staff is good, but not friendly.... the do their work well, but they don't smile never!!!! Lack of free wi-fi its a con, and to "paid" it was not smooth. hello!!! Actually, the staff send me to the close Starbucks!!!
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Humberto
"Really was a 2.5 stars"
Small rooms and bathrooms certainly dated, temp. in room hot and hard to adjust, hot water scolded then was cold in shower, pillow crummy, yet rooms were clean and staff nice and helpful, price OK, location good, next to subway stops but a bit far to walk to time square, close to central park and 5th ave.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
questions were answered well and courteously. dropping the car off with valet parking is really convenient. Our room was really small, but had everything that we needed and in good condition.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"great location, great staff"
all was great except mattresses was not that comfortable
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
ted
"Toy Fair"
Good stay as we attended the Toy Fair. Close to everything we wanted.
4 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"Wellington stay"
It was great aside from it being too hot from the floors below
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
jessica
"Wellington is worth it"
was upgraded to a suite and really loved it!
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Alicia
"Oldie but a Goodie"
Great location for the MOMA, Central Park,theater district & subway stations. The lobby always seemed like a waiting room, people with their luggage. But we didn't have any problems checking in/out, or getting a cab. The restaurant was very good and convenient with the freezing winter weather. Our suite with a king size bed was very spacious. The room service for breakfast was very prompt and satisfying.
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Nice hotel right in front of Carnegie Hall!"
Perfect location and great price! You can easily walk from here to any shows or concerts in the area. Perfect for musicians or fans of live shows / classical music.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Cathy
"Decent old charm."
Not a modern hotel by far, but a nice throwback to the 1960's of hotel's in NYC, the bare essentials, but your there for the city not the hotel. Big Negative and it's pretty much anywhere in NYC, is the WiFi which should be free, is overpriced, and slower than old AOL dialup connection in the 80's...
5 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Hotel near Carnegie Hall"
I stayed here on a personal trip to NYC. I consider this hotel to be a good value for the money. The hotel is old and not the most luxurious hotel I've stayed in but I didn't want to pay premium prices. Close to Carnegie Hall so if you have plans in that area its a great deal, especially if only one person in the room. The rooms were small and basic but were very clean. The elevators are old and very noisy, so if you have a room near the elevators you will hear the clanging of the elevator cables. My first room was near the elevator and the wifi signal was weak so I asked to be moved. The front desk staff person I dealt with was very professional, polite and responsive. She found me a room away from the elevators and for some reason the wifi signal in my new room was very strong. I could hear street noises through the window but hearing NYC traffic added some personality to my stay. I felt safe and comfortable here and all the staff I interacted with were highly professional - among the best I have seen in any hotel. This hotel is convenient to the NYC subway.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
NYCMerf
"Quality Hotel near the life of the city"
The hotel management and employees were very welcoming and helpful. Even during a pending blizzard, enough help was available to insure fresh towels, an open restaurant, and an open gift shop. When the airline cancelled my flight home, the hotel was willing to extend my stay.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Everett
"Stay again"
Excelent place to stay, near of everything. Fantastic staff ang very good neighbor. The rooms was good and clean.
Dora
Perfect location. Nice staff. Overall great experience. :-)
Cathy
"Do NOT stay here"
Walls are paper thin, surprising as older hotel. Heat could not be controlled - measured at over 80. Was able to open windows to get room cooler. While room was clean, it's marked down here due to the presence of a waterbug. Of the cockroach family, this one bites. This was brought to the attention of the night manager and she dismissed concerns. The hotel does offer a good location and double beds which is why it was chosen despite previous poor reviews. Never again.
7 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Marguerite
"Walking distance to times square and madison ave"
The location is really good! The room is really teeny and the hotel is a bit rundown. Could use abiy of modernity. Overall accessible to tourists sport in Manhattan area.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
krissee
"hotel is well located but old."
Good value for the location but plumbing and heating system noisy and outdated
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
My sister and I shared a bedroom and it was nice and clean it looked like it had just been remodeled. The only down side is that the restroom is small. We got lucky because my friends stayed on the non- remodeled room and it was pretty ugly and old. They should remodel all rooms. Other than that our stay was great!!
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"convenient location.. terrible temperature cont"
I had a hard time with the temperature control in the room. I had 3 different staff come to the room and none of them could get the temperature at a constant temp. I roasted whent he heat was on and froze when they turned it off. It caused loss of sleep at night and was very uncomfortable.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
6-day stay in excellent location. Convenient to Central Park, reasonable restaurants, Lincoln Center.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Anonymous
"Wellington best deal in midtown Manhattan!"
For midtown Manhattan, the Wellington can't be beat! Great price, just a few blocks from Times Square, and all the amenities of a more expensive hotel and a fraction of the cost! I will definitely be back!!
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Rachel
"NYC"
Good value for the location but the hotel hasent been renovated in 30 years
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Jefferson
This hotel is in a great location if all you are going to do is sleep. Rooms were clean, and room service was very good, but there was a lot of construction inside of the building. The staff was great.
"Bare necessities"
My experience with the Wellington Hotel was mostly fine. They certainly do not have modern amenities like a fridge or free WiFi, but I honestly was not fussed because you get what you pay for (and I admittedly did not want to pay for much!). However, my one issue was that the tub did not drain. Even in a 5-10 minute shower, the water would rise up to at least past my ankles. It was very slow to drain after the shower as well, leaving soap scum in the tub.
Anisha
"Great hotel Great location"
We were there for "girls" weekend. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful, the room was small but very nice. The only negative it was very hot and there wasn't any way to lower the heat. Overall it was great and we would stay there again!
Rita
"Clean rooms"
Very clean older hotel but well mantained One problem that others talk about is the heat It was like a sauna when I was taken to the room Bellman (they will not let you go to room by yourself) turned it down but hour later still Hot I got an engineer who came up and turned if off completely and was great rest of the night
roger
"WONDERFUL NIGHT AT THE WELLINGTON HOTEL"
IT WAS WONDERFUL FROM THE FRONT DESK TO YOUR FRIENDLY EMPLOYEES TO A LOVELY CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE ROOM WITH A QUEENS SIZE BED WITH A GREAT MATTRESS A SOFT PILLOWS
Stephen J.
"Wellington"
Staff was very polite and upgraded my room without me asking. The room was very spacious (except bathroom) and had a walkout balcony.
2 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Room was very out dated, bathroom was not clean, shower curtain had mold and front desk service www not courteous at all . Glad it was only for 1 night on a work project .
DENEEN
"Great New York Hotel"
We had five in our group. We had never been to New York before. We found the hotel to be a great place for our group . We loved the trip even though it was very very cold. If we come back we will try to get a room at The Wellington. (even the name sounds elegant).
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Sondra
"nice location"
next to 57th&7th station, clean, room is realy small, heater noises during night
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Jade
The room was very dated. Beds were full size. Some of the group was fortunate to get nicer rooms but the one we stayed in was old and did not look clean.
5 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
"Hotel near Times Square and Central Park"
I really enjoyed my visit at the Wellington Hotel. It is a few blocks north of Times Square but I liked that. I was able to eat at Carnegie Deli across the street. And walk up to Central Park as easily as down to Times Square. Plus the subway entrance was right out the door. All the staff was very nice and I was very comfortable.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Wellington Hotel NYC"
I have been to New York once before in the summertime. This was my first time staying in the winter. When we booked the Wellington, it was all about the location that interested us. The Wellington is right in the heart of Manhattan. Up the street is Central Park, and down a few blocks is Time Square. You really can't go wrong with the location. The front desk was so helpful, all of the staff was friendly, and it was a very refreshing stay. The great thing they offer is to hold and lock up your bags the day you leave so you get the chance to explore. I can't say one bad experience I had. The walls are a bit thin, but nothing that your headphones can't drown out. When I visit again next year, I will be booking my stay at The Wellington.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Natalie
"Great Location, comfortable room"
Highly recommend this hotel. The staff are very friendly.
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"Mostly a good experience"
The internet wifi is not free with your room. The process for obtaining the service is irritating at best. Otherwise the room is just fine for a business trip. I've stayed here 10+ times and for the price and location, this hotel can't be beat.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
Jeannette
"I did not regret my choice"
Originally booked for 2 nights but had to extend the stay due to flight cancellations. So I booked the same hotel, they gave me a nicer room with a view, I had everything I needed and the price was great..I would stay there again, it is so convenient! A small tea/ coffee maker in the room would be nice, but I do understand the price for extra amenities...
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Fiddle player
"Great location, good value"
Good, inexpensive place to spend the night when in town for business. Location is great in the middle of Midtown. No frills but clean and convenient.
3 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Nice stay at the Wellington"
Very nice overnight stay in small suite at the wellington.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
david
"Hotel is old but clean and has a great location"
i didn't do a lot of research when booked this hotel, but once I arrived I had a pleasent surprise, the hotel is old, for sure, but it is well maintained and the room I stayed was clean and had no issues, the only issue was with the air heater, stopped working for a while, I had to call maintenance and 3 minutes visit from a guy fixed the problem. Beds where clean, same as towels, no problems at all, is nothing fancy but it is nice, then, location is excellent. Will stay again here if a visit New York again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
jose
Very good location near time square, There was little bit of water in the shower ,no idea why but everything was pretty nice!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Lovely stay"
My husband and I had a lovely stay at Hotel Wellington. We had a king room looking out on 7th Ave and could see the street lights of Times Square at night. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean, the service friendly, and we were able to open the window a bit when the room got too hot. We slept well, and the location is wonderful for Museum going, shopping, theater going, etc.
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015