All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
180 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, V6B4P4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good downtown Vancouver Location"
This was a very nice hotel. We got off the train at the station and it was about a $10 cab ride to the hotel. Then we walked the city center.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
jgerdma
"Cruising"
We stayed here after a cruise. It was recommended by our travel agent. The staff was wonderful and most helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. We were tired and rested immediately. The bed was so comfortable and the room smelled wonderful. Very quite and restful. We highly recommend staying here. It is very convenient to cruise ships, union station, and walking distance from wonderful restaurants.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"smaller than small"
Only good thing i can say is the parking was included and it was conveniently located close to Rogers Arena.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Sandman met the critieria"
The Sandman met the criteria as clean and safe accommodations. I found the staff limited in their desire to assist an out-of-towner there for an overnight following my cruise. I enjoyed to access to downtown Vancouver by cab and on foot. The location was convenient. This met my needs.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
dkh
"Sandman"
Stairwell was filthy Getting around within the hotel was confusing. Front desk did not tell us to use card in elevator
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Cindy
"Sadly disappointed"
Arrived at hotel could not find my reservation even with the printed confirmation booked well in advance. We're not allowed to check in early even 1 hour! We're staying there with several other family & friends some had the parking fee waived well others didn't no consistency in guest treatment. Front desk staff were not very helpful when asked for assistance with taxi or directions. Room was not very clean tub was heavily stained & it looked as if the cleaning had been interrupted. Cleaning staff asked me 3 times if they could clean my room early I was just getting morning coffee not checking out! Will not be staying at this hotel again the only plus was its location.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Sandman hotel is the heart of Vancouver"
Kevin Elliot deserves all the recognition for this review. He was at the counter when we came to check in 4 hours early. He not only gave us our room early, but also upgraded us to a suite for our honeymoon. Exceptional customer service and all around great guy. Thanks so much Kevin. The Suite was fantastic and our visit to your beautiful city was so much fun. Thanks again, Scott and Stephanie
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Perfect for Soccer Fans"
The Hotel is across the street from BC Place. It is convenient to many bars and restaurants. Nice location overall and we were treated very well by the staff.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Convenient"
The hotel is located close to a few sights and easy access to public transportation. The staff I dealt with were all very friendly and helpful. The bed was soft and our backs were killing us (we prefer a firm mattress...so this is really preference). I have a hang-up about hair (again just my own thing) and there were at least 4 hairs in the bathroom that did not belong to us. We had a room (no view) that faced the west so our room was very warm upon check-in. We could not adjust the thermostat past a locked in setting so the room remained very warm even after we went to bed much later that evening. All in all, it was fine. On our next stay though I think we'll look for another hotel. Three stars is a fair rating for this hotel in my opinion.
1 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
Martha
"Family vacation"
Clean, slow checking/out, no bellman
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
Kristi
"very small sad tired looking room"
Heard that their nice restaurant is very good. The hallways and elevators seriously needed refurbishing. Too old and used to really keep clean. Also heard that their other hotel in Vancouver is nicer. Had "constant " fan for the air conditioner so the room was very quiet. Sheets were nice.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
J
no hot water in shower. I do not mean that it ran out after a minute. I mean zero hot water. Checked in at midnight the check in clerk was not friendly. My room had a monster ac generator on the balcony outside my room (not the ac itself but the huge mother unit) Extremely loud. No answer when we called the front desk. I don't mean that they answered after 20 rings. I mean no answer.
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Great Business Travel Location"
I had a rigorous 4 day business trip to Vancouver and found the Sandman to be an excellent stay. Close to all and very quiet, they are a busy place with a lot of cruse passengers coming and going but that didn't seem to phase them.. the Bar and Grill downstairs was solid, good food and drink, friendly and attentive service everywhere...coffee and breakfast places close by...I would recommend this place !
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
John Lawrence
"very god."
The only probles it is that they have only twi elevatores,and it so much people.
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"did not have resevation"
When we arrived at the Sandman there was no record of our reservation. They had to contact Hotel.com and get it. We stored our bags at hotel and where gone taking in the sites. when we returned they had retrieved our reservation and we where then able to get our room. The Hotel was very nice and we where located very nicely to walk the area with ease. over all a very good stay and Vancouver was great, we spent two days sight seeing and the weather was great. We had a great time before our Alaskan Cruise.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Wayne & Carol
"Great value right downtown"
Can't beat the location. Less than a 5 min walk from the train to the airport. Just a couple blocks from the trail around false creek too. I do wish they had free breakfast like the hampton next door
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"pleasant stay"
Very happy with my stay and would recommend the hotel. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. The only thing I would say is that it was difficult to get an elevator.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Luke
There were a couple of things in mild disrepair, a broken drawer handle and the toilet tended to run on. The room temp was okay, but the hallway was roasting during my stay. I was a little annoyed that the price for parking was higher than the rate I was quoted in an email a few days prior. Also, one small elevator accessing the parking garage was a hassle during busy times.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Jim Singletary
"A nice downtown hotel"
Reasonably priced, centrally located hotel. Make sure you do not get a room on a floor with an ice vendor. Those machines make a lot of noise. Staff were nice (our room was changed in a couple of minutes after we complained about the noise), internet was slow, Vancouver was great!
Disappointed
"Just ok for a night or two"
Good check . Hotel was full, but they let us keep bags there for an hour or two. Nice front desk staff
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
randy
"Reasonable"
Had a nice stay. Had a great view and was central to the areas we wanted to explore. Pool, hot tub, and gym were a plus. Didn't expect parking to be an extra $20.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Had a lovely experience"
The hotel is a walking distance to most bars, restaurants, pubs and the sky train station. Lovely place, very convenient but wifi was kinda slow The service was quite great
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
brigitte
"Won't return"
I stayed at the Sandman downtown for three nights in early July 2014. Positives: My reception was pleasant, the desk arranged for a room switch to accomodate my early arrival as my assigned room was not yet ready. I did not eat at the restaurant, but the bar was nice, was always empty, and the bartenders were attentive. Internet service in room was easy to connect to and was plenty fast enough for my to do everything i needed, including video calls. Negatives: One stands out: Besides the pool towels not being stocked (if you don't count the massive pile of used towels toppling over in the corner of the pool area.) ... my room was not clean. Tissue on the floor near the bed and hairs in the bathtub were what greeted me. A call down to the desk and I was assured it would be taken care of in short order. Two hours later, nothing. I went out and reminded the desk on my way through the lobby. Returned an hour later, still nothing. Another call down, another “we’ll get right on it”. Then, moments later, a call back from the desk to tell me it had been discussed with cleaning staff and they said they had already done the work (hairs still in tub plain for anyone to see at that point). I assured him it hadn’t been and finally a staff member arrived minutes later. As the woman, apparently as grumpy as I was at this point, stomped through the three-minute clean-up job and huffed out of the room, I had firmly decided this would be my last (and only) stay at the Sandman
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Great hotel, location, small but clean rooms"
Great hotel, room was clean. Room was a bit small though, but it was ok for 2 nights. Location is great, right next to stadium and within walking distance to major shops and Yaletown. 7 min to skyline, which was good as well. Overall, happy with my stay.
2 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
Isabel
"Convinient location"
Small room; stayed in side wing 2nd floor with no view.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
The hotel is at the edge of downtown although it is walking distance to the Vancouver City Center station.
4 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Em
"Close to BC Place"
Although we couldn't see BC Place from our room, we had a nice view. The best part is that it's only about half a block to the stadium. The restaurant was very helpful in loaning us some silverware for the food that we had brought with us. This is the second year in a row that we have stayed at this hotel. We'll be coming back.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Laurie
I had a two night stay, check in was quick and painless, The desk staff was very efficient and professional.
"Nice hotel and center location."
Walking distance to the train station and other points of interest. Close to the water fronts, sea bus and restaurants. Staff very cooperative and guided for my three day stay at Vancouver.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
GP
"Great Business Hotel"
Corporate tower had nice rooms and the location was perfect. Nothing super fancy but for the money a great value.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Location is good"
Did not have a good experience. We had two rooms and stayed for three nights. The TV was not working properly in one of the rooms and the maintenance person could not fix it. The manager did not give us another room so for three days we could not watch world cup soccer in one of our rooms inspite of the maintenance person also asking the front desk to change our room. There was really loud noise in the street every day a 7:30am --I think it was road maintenance related but very close to the hotel-- could not sleep post 7:30am!! The hotel location is very good but our experience was not good!
3 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Excellent Location"
Hotel itself is a bit old, but excellent location, 10 ~ 20 minutes walking to Canada Place, Downtown Chinatown, etc. McDonald and all food and shopping are around the corner. The Hop-on-hop-off bus is in front of door, Queen Elizabeth Plaza is cross the street. And the neighborhood, very good for me. I staid 2.5 days, bought a 2 days Hop-on-hop-off bus ticket (based on 48 hours, not calendar days), I can go to almost all the good places in Vancouver, highly recommend it. The driver on the bus will introduce the city. Remember, the Stanley Park is the No.1 in the world.
3 night romance trip Jun 4, 2014
Over priced. They charged more that night I stayed as alot of hotels were booked. Definitely wasn't worth that price. They tried to charge me for parking when I didn't have a car. When I told them I didn't have my car they were good about it though and didn't charge me. I think the girl was confused when I checked in. Tub in bathroom was not that clean. Fridge didn't work.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
RJ
"UNDERSTAFFED"
Hotel was actuallly very nice, however due to managements horrible job of staffing the front desk, customer service was the worst I've ever experienced. You couldn't get any one to answer a room phone, and the lines were so long at check in they needed triple staff to manage. NEVER stay there again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Downtown Vancouver Hotel - Whatch out for key card"
The Sandman Hotel deserves an overall rating of 3. Its facilities are modern and very functional, and though the room is a little small, the hotel has a great location in the downtown part of Vancouver. However, the electronic key card system that they use is poor. You need to use the key card often besides entering your room (elevator, garage entry), but the system is very finicky. Right after we checked in we had to go back to the front desk to get new key cards since both of those that we were initially given didn’t work.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
south of the border man
"Great hotel almost in the heart of Vancouver"
We stayed here because a friend recommendation and I don't regret. It's really near to the "main" downtown. And has a sky train stop really near, and outside the hotel, it has a stop for the hop-on hop-off bus. From the check in to the check out, a great service from the front desk. The rooms are comfortable and clean. And the view to downtown it's beautiful! The restaurant has a good menu and tasty food. For what I payed, I'm pleased!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Magdalena
"Terrarium"
A generous sized room on a 6th floor corner with the mountains in distant view, but with a large array of windows on two walls, something of a hothouse, and with climate controls not up to the demand in early June. I have to wonder about mid-summer. Generally, a dark and cramped feeling building. Not dirty per se, but it has a dingy mood. The room fridge is useful, a white splatter stain in carpet (bleach?) seems to be accepted as "yours to enjoy". Patience for wifi to kick in is required. It starts up about the time you start to seek help. There are 3 Sandman Hotels in Vancouver. Expedia's pop up "last minute savings" icon changed me to this one without my noticing. There were some upsides and downsides to that switch,( probably more ups ) but my itinerary surprised me when I printed it.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
The Norm
Great location, very large room, clean and friendly staff. Would stay there again...
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Great spot downtown! Stay here"
We booked this for 3 nights after our cruise using some hotels.com reward points. I highly recommend this hotel. It is within walking distance if the heart of downtown, 5min to Granville at. All the tour busses/trolleys stop right in front. Free wifi, pool, hot tub, excellent restaurant with decent night time atmosphere. 10-15min walk to Gastown, 20min to Canada Place. Taxi ride was $10USD from either cruise port. 2 rental car companies in the lobby. Rooms were good, queen bed may have been a full. Business feel. Seemed 1 elevator worked a lot, other rarely. Lots of cruise passengers waiting in chairs in lobby. The hotel did hold our luggage at no cost.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2014
"Good location, poor with details"
The people and food at the Sandman were great, however we specifically requested (and paid more for) a king room and were given a room with two full beds. It was the last night my fiance and I were spending together for a month and we could not even sleep in the same bed (he is well over 6 feet tall).
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Busy Bee
"Family Weekend in Vancouver"
Overall, this hotel served it's purpose for our trip. We were basically looking for a good value in a hotel. Good location. Clean rooms. Both of these expecations were met. However we did notice several homeless people near the hotel. In fact on our check out as I was loading up our vehicle at the hotel's main entrance, there was a homeless man picking through the trash bins in front of the hotel and even found a salad still in it's plastic container. There as also a few person's of questionable appearance loitering near the hotel in the evening. That being said, if you are looking for a clean affordable hotel in downtown Vancouver BC and you are traveling with your friends, then this hotel will suit your needs. However if you are traveling with your family espeically young children, I would look elsewhere. In addition, I found the hallways very cramped and the doors to the rooms rather close together. If you decide to stay at this hotel you will see what I mean.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Located in a quiet part of downtown"
It's okay for the price paid. The location was good - it was quiet at night, and I didn't see too many homeless people outside. But the WiFi is not so good - I kept getting disconnected around every 10 minutes - which is a nightmare if you are planning to do some work.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Gem
"Wonderfull location"
Good hotel, clean, in center City of Vancouver, good price. I'm stay there 2 time.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Yoly
my first night was awful in Rm 822; the sink was plugged; alarm clock was not working, the keys of my room couldn't get in easily; coffee pot was out of order and the housekeeper hang me with a dirty electric kettle and left. i requested to change room on the next day on the 10th floor. i was fine.
2 night trip Apr 27, 2014
ivy
Very enjoyable went for Sun Run really busy but expected
Other trip May 2, 2014
Great Location; Excellent for the price; no hastles; cheapest parking I've paid in a downtown hotel ever. Make sure you try the breakfast truck about a block away on Beatty.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Mani
Very nice. Quick check in. Hotel staff helpful. Bed comfortable. Nice view. Within walking distance of downtown. A good experience.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"okay hotel that shows it's age"
okay hotel for business stay in Vancouver. Easy walk to the ChinaTown Sky Train station, which made travel convenient. Room was very small but moderately comfortable and clean. The whole place had a 80's feel and seemed dated. Fixtures in the room (towel racks, switches) were broken but functional. Terrible view of an alley from my window. In room internet worked, but business center charged by the minute for printing. Staff was minimally helpful but not polite. Overall a disappointment and I would not stay again, given the better options in the area.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"No Power"
We had no power in our room in the morning. Alarm did not go off, so we missed our ferry home. Also had cold showers. Front desk looked at the breaker and it looked fine so they left us in the dark thinking we had power.
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2014
"My experienced at Vancouver, BC Canada"
I loved this hotel, great location, great staff members, everything really clean.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014