All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
180 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, V6B4P4, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

We had a big room with a large balcony on the 11th floor of corporate tower. Balcony had great views, no furniture whatsoever. Our room adjoined another room which was very loud-could hear every word. because the clock radio alarm seemed weird, we asked for a wake up call, which we never got. Good thing the alarm went off. This hotel is in a great location to walk to cruise terminal, Gastown and downtown.
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"its a so so place."
The front desk doesn't know that there is no shower head available. We called for extra soap and it was never delivered. The bathroom is way too small. Parking is convenient. Good location though.
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
"Nice Hotel Convenient to Events"
Nice hotel in the downtown area and is convenient to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and Rogers Arena.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Thurs night get away"
Nice hotel in great location. Plenty of nightlife opportunities and restaurants within walking distance. People of Vancouver are friendly and our hotel was very nice. All workers were helpful and professional.
1 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2015
"Disappointing"
The only good thing about our stay was how convenient it was to Rogers arena. I'm sorry but won't be staying here again.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Great for tourists"
-hop on hop off stop -delicious restaurant -friendly staff -convenient to Gastown -well updated, but an old building (small elevators)
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Ruth
"Great location, comfortable little hotel."
Great stay! We traveled to Vancouver for a concert at Rogers Arena. Sandman was located perfectly and we we walked to the concert. We found the hotel to be comfortable and reasonably priced, and also enjoyed the convenient hotel restaurant. Yes, we will stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Parking is challenging. Staff was very kind. Room service would never answer phone.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Birthday Weekend in Vancouver"
Stayed 2 nights to celebrate my husbands birthday while up from Seattle. We were very happy to be able to bring our dog along with us and only pay $10/night for the pet fee - very reasonable compared to most hotels. The front desk service was best when we first checked in - nice gentleman offered to comp our parking as a birthday gift to my husband - very nice considering the parking is $22/night+ tax. We had arrived later than planned due to poor weather and traffic and thought we might have missed our dinner reservation - he even offered to call the restaurant where we had reservations and ask them to hold our table - felt this was much nicer than your average check in experience. We were placed on a lower floor since we had a dog with us, but the room was fine. Nothing extraordinary, but it was fine. It was clean, it didn't seem like some stinky designated "pet" room or anything. Bed was comfortable. bathroom was updated and shower had great water pressure - just a little tight in space overall. If you look you can see some of the furniture and baseboards, etc are dinged up and showing age. Really loud A/C - Wish I would have noticed sooner that there was a window that opened so we could have just let fresh air in. Overall a positive experience and I would stay there again if in town since it was so reasonably priced. Walking distance to Granville St, Gastown, etc. Just a couple miles to Stanley Park.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Samantha
"Serves its purpose"
Rooms are small but comfy. Hotel is close to everything, so you don't need to drive. Be warned if you are from the US they will price gouge you if you need to exchange currency. Do it at a bank or before you go. Also they charge a lot for parking and, even with the parking permit displayed on the dash, will put a $100 ticket over it for more parking fees. That was frustrating. They did back it off.
2 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
Cary
"Convenient downtown location"
We've stayed here before when going to an event at Rogers Arena. Super convenient location to Rogers or BC Place. There's a Moxies and Shark Club in the hotel with good food and drinks. Our room was fine. Clean and comfortable. The only negative was the bathroom was very small but not a big deal.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Business Trip"
Room was small, cramped, but clean with nice bed. Hot water is slow to arrive in the AM. People were very nice and the restaurant food was outstanding. I will stay there again just for the Calamari.
3 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
Donald
"Mr. Sandman.."
i thought the room was comfortable and spacious for our needs. having a bar, restaurant, gym and pool in the building was really nice.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Sandman on Georgia"
Worked out well for me. I travel by train and the Via Rail station is a short taxi ride away. Location is good because of availability of shops, restaurants and public transit.
1 night trip Jan 22, 2015
DONALD
"good value and great location for what we needed!"
See below. Experience was pleasant. We will return.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Toni
Nice place to stay when you are off to the canucks game
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Value hotel has lost its appeal"
We used to really enjoy this hotel but management has really let this property go downhill. From getting attitude from the shift manager for asking for courtesy toothpaste, to twice-broken hairdryers to broken furniture, to failing to deal with loud guests at 3am, it just seems that management doesn't care any more.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Could have been better"
The Sandman was OK...nothing spectacular. The staff are decent, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. But the wifi worked for about 5 minutes, they let you connect and then it seems you get kicked off and reconnected any other time you try and use it. We asked for ice and when we went to ALL of the ice machines in the entire hotel we found they had zero ice. When we asked about it no other solution was offered to us and the staff just said that sometimes they unplug the machines because they are loud, but they were all running. It was great to be within walking distance of everything but not sure if we would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Reasonable price, walking distance to Convention Center, no complaints. It's also near the sports arena, if that is of interest to you. I had a nice view out my window. It might be drafty in winter, as those windows seem to have some gaps, but on the upside, I could open them and get some fresh air.
5 night business trip Oct 18, 2014
Christopher
I was on a three day holiday in Vancouver, and opted to stay at the Sandman Hotel.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
This was my third stay. A very pleasant hotel that is close to many great shopping and dining venues. The rooms are a little small but up to date and clean. The stay is friendly. I'll stay here each time I come to gorgeous Vancouver.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Roysco
Overall a nice place. I would stay again and recommend simply for the location. Easy walking to Rogers Arena for concerts or hockey. Lots of places within walking distance for eating.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Corena
Very nice, great price, awesome location, clean, convenient
josh
Location is great in the downtown area. convenient public transportation. The room is small. there is no fridge in the room. Luckily we only stayed a night to catch a cruise ship.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Vivian
"Great night life comes with expensive parking"
Very good location for nightlife and beautiful views but the room wasn't perfectly clean and the elevator is extremely hard to get onto atound check out time, about a ten minite wait. Also parking is $25 per day, not included with the room.
2 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Convenient to downtown, 1 mile to convention ctr"
Corridor noise very noticeable, drunken wedding guest once and teenagers for WE recognition but all quiet by 10pm so acceptable. Sirens outside noticeable late. Very clean and comfortable. Wireless worked well.
5 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Nice hotel near the stadium"
All in all, a great stay for the room rate. The staff was friendly and attentive even though the venue was very busy. The room itself could use a little TLC. The hotel is an older building and this is apparent, especially in the bathrooms.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
small room, clean, VERY comfortable bed and clean comforter!
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
"probably not again"
We were looking for an inexpensive hotel near Rogers Arena for a Canucks game. If that's all you're looking for this fit the bill. But the hotel was not in good condition. The elevator was scary and did not look like it had been updated since the 70's. Our room was "clean enough" The thermostat on the wall did not work. The sign on the furnace said "use wall thermostat". No controlling the temperature in the room was not easy. Some of the outlets in our room did not work. The hallway in our floor reeked of weed! The also charge $25 extra for parking that is not included in the room rate. For my experience, it was just a buddy and I looking for a cheap place to crash after a hockey game. So it served that purpose.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Josh
"Good hotel for the money..."
My experience at Sandman started on the right foot. The front desk agent was pleasant and gave me a nice room after inquiring if there was a good vantage point to be placed in the hotel. I've found that if you book with expedia (as opposed to booking through the hotel directly), they are less likely to reward you with a better room or location. Overall I thought it was a good hotel for the money. Great location, on site restaurants and bar.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Will
"Great location."
Walking distance to Robson shops, hockey stadium, Yaletown, and Gaslamp. Caddy corner to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Go to the Christmas market if you're there in late November or December. The exterior could use a power washing but inside all is nice. Could not ask for a better mid priced hotel.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Mario
"Nice and Clean"
The hotel looks like one of the rather fancy hotels. Of course it can't compare to the fancy at Pacific or Fairmont, but it is definitely an awesome place to stay during promotion. It is located in downtown Vancouver and it is just a short walk(couple of blocks) from shopping and the pacific center. If you like walking then it's a breeze ! Room is very clean and tidy, good standard size and well maintained. There is parking with stay, but I don't remember if we had to pay for it, or how much. Front desk lady was really friendly. Overall I had a really good experience at this hotel!
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
Tina
Good experience. Hotel close to lots of great amenities downtown. It was strongly advised that I choose to park in the secure underground at $20 per night as there was a high incidence of break-ins on street.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Good downtown Vancouver Location"
This was a very nice hotel. We got off the train at the station and it was about a $10 cab ride to the hotel. Then we walked the city center.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
jgerdma
"Cruising"
We stayed here after a cruise. It was recommended by our travel agent. The staff was wonderful and most helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. We were tired and rested immediately. The bed was so comfortable and the room smelled wonderful. Very quite and restful. We highly recommend staying here. It is very convenient to cruise ships, union station, and walking distance from wonderful restaurants.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"smaller than small"
Only good thing i can say is the parking was included and it was conveniently located close to Rogers Arena.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Sandman met the critieria"
The Sandman met the criteria as clean and safe accommodations. I found the staff limited in their desire to assist an out-of-towner there for an overnight following my cruise. I enjoyed to access to downtown Vancouver by cab and on foot. The location was convenient. This met my needs.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
dkh
"Sandman"
Stairwell was filthy Getting around within the hotel was confusing. Front desk did not tell us to use card in elevator
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Cindy
"Sadly disappointed"
Arrived at hotel could not find my reservation even with the printed confirmation booked well in advance. We're not allowed to check in early even 1 hour! We're staying there with several other family & friends some had the parking fee waived well others didn't no consistency in guest treatment. Front desk staff were not very helpful when asked for assistance with taxi or directions. Room was not very clean tub was heavily stained & it looked as if the cleaning had been interrupted. Cleaning staff asked me 3 times if they could clean my room early I was just getting morning coffee not checking out! Will not be staying at this hotel again the only plus was its location.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Sandman hotel is the heart of Vancouver"
Kevin Elliot deserves all the recognition for this review. He was at the counter when we came to check in 4 hours early. He not only gave us our room early, but also upgraded us to a suite for our honeymoon. Exceptional customer service and all around great guy. Thanks so much Kevin. The Suite was fantastic and our visit to your beautiful city was so much fun. Thanks again, Scott and Stephanie
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
"Perfect for Soccer Fans"
The Hotel is across the street from BC Place. It is convenient to many bars and restaurants. Nice location overall and we were treated very well by the staff.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Convenient"
The hotel is located close to a few sights and easy access to public transportation. The staff I dealt with were all very friendly and helpful. The bed was soft and our backs were killing us (we prefer a firm mattress...so this is really preference). I have a hang-up about hair (again just my own thing) and there were at least 4 hairs in the bathroom that did not belong to us. We had a room (no view) that faced the west so our room was very warm upon check-in. We could not adjust the thermostat past a locked in setting so the room remained very warm even after we went to bed much later that evening. All in all, it was fine. On our next stay though I think we'll look for another hotel. Three stars is a fair rating for this hotel in my opinion.
1 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
Martha
"Family vacation"
Clean, slow checking/out, no bellman
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
Kristi
"very small sad tired looking room"
Heard that their nice restaurant is very good. The hallways and elevators seriously needed refurbishing. Too old and used to really keep clean. Also heard that their other hotel in Vancouver is nicer. Had "constant " fan for the air conditioner so the room was very quiet. Sheets were nice.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
J
no hot water in shower. I do not mean that it ran out after a minute. I mean zero hot water. Checked in at midnight the check in clerk was not friendly. My room had a monster ac generator on the balcony outside my room (not the ac itself but the huge mother unit) Extremely loud. No answer when we called the front desk. I don't mean that they answered after 20 rings. I mean no answer.
3 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Great Business Travel Location"
I had a rigorous 4 day business trip to Vancouver and found the Sandman to be an excellent stay. Close to all and very quiet, they are a busy place with a lot of cruse passengers coming and going but that didn't seem to phase them.. the Bar and Grill downstairs was solid, good food and drink, friendly and attentive service everywhere...coffee and breakfast places close by...I would recommend this place !
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
John Lawrence
"very god."
The only probles it is that they have only twi elevatores,and it so much people.
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"did not have resevation"
When we arrived at the Sandman there was no record of our reservation. They had to contact Hotel.com and get it. We stored our bags at hotel and where gone taking in the sites. when we returned they had retrieved our reservation and we where then able to get our room. The Hotel was very nice and we where located very nicely to walk the area with ease. over all a very good stay and Vancouver was great, we spent two days sight seeing and the weather was great. We had a great time before our Alaskan Cruise.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Wayne & Carol
"Great value right downtown"
Can't beat the location. Less than a 5 min walk from the train to the airport. Just a couple blocks from the trail around false creek too. I do wish they had free breakfast like the hampton next door
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"pleasant stay"
Very happy with my stay and would recommend the hotel. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. The only thing I would say is that it was difficult to get an elevator.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014