All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

"very god."
The only probles it is that they have only twi elevatores,and it so much people.
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"did not have resevation"
When we arrived at the Sandman there was no record of our reservation. They had to contact Hotel.com and get it. We stored our bags at hotel and where gone taking in the sites. when we returned they had retrieved our reservation and we where then able to get our room. The Hotel was very nice and we where located very nicely to walk the area with ease. over all a very good stay and Vancouver was great, we spent two days sight seeing and the weather was great. We had a great time before our Alaskan Cruise.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Wayne & Carol
"Great value right downtown"
Can't beat the location. Less than a 5 min walk from the train to the airport. Just a couple blocks from the trail around false creek too. I do wish they had free breakfast like the hampton next door
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"pleasant stay"
Very happy with my stay and would recommend the hotel. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. The only thing I would say is that it was difficult to get an elevator.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Luke
There were a couple of things in mild disrepair, a broken drawer handle and the toilet tended to run on. The room temp was okay, but the hallway was roasting during my stay. I was a little annoyed that the price for parking was higher than the rate I was quoted in an email a few days prior. Also, one small elevator accessing the parking garage was a hassle during busy times.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Jim Singletary
"A nice downtown hotel"
Reasonably priced, centrally located hotel. Make sure you do not get a room on a floor with an ice vendor. Those machines make a lot of noise. Staff were nice (our room was changed in a couple of minutes after we complained about the noise), internet was slow, Vancouver was great!
Disappointed
"Just ok for a night or two"
Good check . Hotel was full, but they let us keep bags there for an hour or two. Nice front desk staff
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
randy
"Reasonable"
Had a nice stay. Had a great view and was central to the areas we wanted to explore. Pool, hot tub, and gym were a plus. Didn't expect parking to be an extra $20.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Had a lovely experience"
The hotel is a walking distance to most bars, restaurants, pubs and the sky train station. Lovely place, very convenient but wifi was kinda slow The service was quite great
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
brigitte
"Won't return"
I stayed at the Sandman downtown for three nights in early July 2014. Positives: My reception was pleasant, the desk arranged for a room switch to accomodate my early arrival as my assigned room was not yet ready. I did not eat at the restaurant, but the bar was nice, was always empty, and the bartenders were attentive. Internet service in room was easy to connect to and was plenty fast enough for my to do everything i needed, including video calls. Negatives: One stands out: Besides the pool towels not being stocked (if you don't count the massive pile of used towels toppling over in the corner of the pool area.) ... my room was not clean. Tissue on the floor near the bed and hairs in the bathtub were what greeted me. A call down to the desk and I was assured it would be taken care of in short order. Two hours later, nothing. I went out and reminded the desk on my way through the lobby. Returned an hour later, still nothing. Another call down, another “we’ll get right on it”. Then, moments later, a call back from the desk to tell me it had been discussed with cleaning staff and they said they had already done the work (hairs still in tub plain for anyone to see at that point). I assured him it hadn’t been and finally a staff member arrived minutes later. As the woman, apparently as grumpy as I was at this point, stomped through the three-minute clean-up job and huffed out of the room, I had firmly decided this would be my last (and only) stay at the Sandman
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Great hotel, location, small but clean rooms"
Great hotel, room was clean. Room was a bit small though, but it was ok for 2 nights. Location is great, right next to stadium and within walking distance to major shops and Yaletown. 7 min to skyline, which was good as well. Overall, happy with my stay.
2 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
Isabel
"Convinient location"
Small room; stayed in side wing 2nd floor with no view.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
The hotel is at the edge of downtown although it is walking distance to the Vancouver City Center station.
4 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Em
"Close to BC Place"
Although we couldn't see BC Place from our room, we had a nice view. The best part is that it's only about half a block to the stadium. The restaurant was very helpful in loaning us some silverware for the food that we had brought with us. This is the second year in a row that we have stayed at this hotel. We'll be coming back.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Laurie
I had a two night stay, check in was quick and painless, The desk staff was very efficient and professional.
"Nice hotel and center location."
Walking distance to the train station and other points of interest. Close to the water fronts, sea bus and restaurants. Staff very cooperative and guided for my three day stay at Vancouver.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
GP
"Great Business Hotel"
Corporate tower had nice rooms and the location was perfect. Nothing super fancy but for the money a great value.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Location is good"
Did not have a good experience. We had two rooms and stayed for three nights. The TV was not working properly in one of the rooms and the maintenance person could not fix it. The manager did not give us another room so for three days we could not watch world cup soccer in one of our rooms inspite of the maintenance person also asking the front desk to change our room. There was really loud noise in the street every day a 7:30am --I think it was road maintenance related but very close to the hotel-- could not sleep post 7:30am!! The hotel location is very good but our experience was not good!
3 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Excellent Location"
Hotel itself is a bit old, but excellent location, 10 ~ 20 minutes walking to Canada Place, Downtown Chinatown, etc. McDonald and all food and shopping are around the corner. The Hop-on-hop-off bus is in front of door, Queen Elizabeth Plaza is cross the street. And the neighborhood, very good for me. I staid 2.5 days, bought a 2 days Hop-on-hop-off bus ticket (based on 48 hours, not calendar days), I can go to almost all the good places in Vancouver, highly recommend it. The driver on the bus will introduce the city. Remember, the Stanley Park is the No.1 in the world.
3 night romance trip Jun 4, 2014
Over priced. They charged more that night I stayed as alot of hotels were booked. Definitely wasn't worth that price. They tried to charge me for parking when I didn't have a car. When I told them I didn't have my car they were good about it though and didn't charge me. I think the girl was confused when I checked in. Tub in bathroom was not that clean. Fridge didn't work.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
RJ
"UNDERSTAFFED"
Hotel was actuallly very nice, however due to managements horrible job of staffing the front desk, customer service was the worst I've ever experienced. You couldn't get any one to answer a room phone, and the lines were so long at check in they needed triple staff to manage. NEVER stay there again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Downtown Vancouver Hotel - Whatch out for key card"
The Sandman Hotel deserves an overall rating of 3. Its facilities are modern and very functional, and though the room is a little small, the hotel has a great location in the downtown part of Vancouver. However, the electronic key card system that they use is poor. You need to use the key card often besides entering your room (elevator, garage entry), but the system is very finicky. Right after we checked in we had to go back to the front desk to get new key cards since both of those that we were initially given didn’t work.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
south of the border man
"Great hotel almost in the heart of Vancouver"
We stayed here because a friend recommendation and I don't regret. It's really near to the "main" downtown. And has a sky train stop really near, and outside the hotel, it has a stop for the hop-on hop-off bus. From the check in to the check out, a great service from the front desk. The rooms are comfortable and clean. And the view to downtown it's beautiful! The restaurant has a good menu and tasty food. For what I payed, I'm pleased!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Magdalena
"Terrarium"
A generous sized room on a 6th floor corner with the mountains in distant view, but with a large array of windows on two walls, something of a hothouse, and with climate controls not up to the demand in early June. I have to wonder about mid-summer. Generally, a dark and cramped feeling building. Not dirty per se, but it has a dingy mood. The room fridge is useful, a white splatter stain in carpet (bleach?) seems to be accepted as "yours to enjoy". Patience for wifi to kick in is required. It starts up about the time you start to seek help. There are 3 Sandman Hotels in Vancouver. Expedia's pop up "last minute savings" icon changed me to this one without my noticing. There were some upsides and downsides to that switch,( probably more ups ) but my itinerary surprised me when I printed it.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
The Norm
Great location, very large room, clean and friendly staff. Would stay there again...
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Great spot downtown! Stay here"
We booked this for 3 nights after our cruise using some hotels.com reward points. I highly recommend this hotel. It is within walking distance if the heart of downtown, 5min to Granville at. All the tour busses/trolleys stop right in front. Free wifi, pool, hot tub, excellent restaurant with decent night time atmosphere. 10-15min walk to Gastown, 20min to Canada Place. Taxi ride was $10USD from either cruise port. 2 rental car companies in the lobby. Rooms were good, queen bed may have been a full. Business feel. Seemed 1 elevator worked a lot, other rarely. Lots of cruise passengers waiting in chairs in lobby. The hotel did hold our luggage at no cost.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2014
"Good location, poor with details"
The people and food at the Sandman were great, however we specifically requested (and paid more for) a king room and were given a room with two full beds. It was the last night my fiance and I were spending together for a month and we could not even sleep in the same bed (he is well over 6 feet tall).
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Busy Bee
"Family Weekend in Vancouver"
Overall, this hotel served it's purpose for our trip. We were basically looking for a good value in a hotel. Good location. Clean rooms. Both of these expecations were met. However we did notice several homeless people near the hotel. In fact on our check out as I was loading up our vehicle at the hotel's main entrance, there was a homeless man picking through the trash bins in front of the hotel and even found a salad still in it's plastic container. There as also a few person's of questionable appearance loitering near the hotel in the evening. That being said, if you are looking for a clean affordable hotel in downtown Vancouver BC and you are traveling with your friends, then this hotel will suit your needs. However if you are traveling with your family espeically young children, I would look elsewhere. In addition, I found the hallways very cramped and the doors to the rooms rather close together. If you decide to stay at this hotel you will see what I mean.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Located in a quiet part of downtown"
It's okay for the price paid. The location was good - it was quiet at night, and I didn't see too many homeless people outside. But the WiFi is not so good - I kept getting disconnected around every 10 minutes - which is a nightmare if you are planning to do some work.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Gem
"Wonderfull location"
Good hotel, clean, in center City of Vancouver, good price. I'm stay there 2 time.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Yoly
my first night was awful in Rm 822; the sink was plugged; alarm clock was not working, the keys of my room couldn't get in easily; coffee pot was out of order and the housekeeper hang me with a dirty electric kettle and left. i requested to change room on the next day on the 10th floor. i was fine.
2 night trip Apr 27, 2014
ivy
Very enjoyable went for Sun Run really busy but expected
Other trip May 2, 2014
Great Location; Excellent for the price; no hastles; cheapest parking I've paid in a downtown hotel ever. Make sure you try the breakfast truck about a block away on Beatty.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
Mani
Very nice. Quick check in. Hotel staff helpful. Bed comfortable. Nice view. Within walking distance of downtown. A good experience.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"okay hotel that shows it's age"
okay hotel for business stay in Vancouver. Easy walk to the ChinaTown Sky Train station, which made travel convenient. Room was very small but moderately comfortable and clean. The whole place had a 80's feel and seemed dated. Fixtures in the room (towel racks, switches) were broken but functional. Terrible view of an alley from my window. In room internet worked, but business center charged by the minute for printing. Staff was minimally helpful but not polite. Overall a disappointment and I would not stay again, given the better options in the area.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"No Power"
We had no power in our room in the morning. Alarm did not go off, so we missed our ferry home. Also had cold showers. Front desk looked at the breaker and it looked fine so they left us in the dark thinking we had power.
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2014
"My experienced at Vancouver, BC Canada"
I loved this hotel, great location, great staff members, everything really clean.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Carolina
"Great Home Base for Exploring the City"
Stayed on a Monday night and wish we would have had more time to spend downtown. Our room was upgraded when we checked in and we were given a corner room on the 11th floor with spectacular views. Quite a treat for my school age sons! The pool was clean and warm, also a big bonus for the kids. Great location for walking over around downtown with easy access to the Aquabus on False Creek. Will definitely stay again if given the chance!
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2014
Kate
Was perfect for downtown events. They have the worlds slowest elevators. We waited 5 minutes for the first one and walked the stairs the rest of the stay. The parking was confusing as well with no clear thoughts for efficiency.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
hockey fan
"very convenient to everywhere"
enjoyable
4 night trip Mar 22, 2014
ivy wong
"STAY AWAY!!!!!!!"
This hotel (although located in a good spot) is the worst place to stay. 1. The cleanliness of the bathrooms was appalling. Mold and mildew infested the tub tiles. 2. Housekeeping staff barges in on you with no knock, at all different hours 3. No Schedule for cleaning at all, could be at 8 am could be at 4 pm 4. 3 AP's located in the worst spot for the poorest coverage passible 5. the prices for the hotel food are outrageous (15 bucks for a bagel coffee and juice) 6. The most uncomfortable beds ever 7. No included amenities (they charge for the gym and everything else) 8. Constant noise in room starting at 4 AM every day
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Greg
"Close for Canucks or BC Lions games"
Check in was slow, but staff was polite. Had some issues with room key not working, but was easily resolved. All in all it was a good experience. Went to see the Canucks play, and this is an easy walk to the rink.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
JS
"Very nice hotel"
This hotel was very nice with modern furnishing. The look and flow of the hotel is great and the rooms are beautiful (the beds are quite comfy too). Only problem with the room was that there was no fridge in the room, would be nice when in staying for 4 nights
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Travis I.
"EXCELLENT location (but very noisy plumbing)"
i chose this hotel for its location and was not disappointed - if you are going to show at the queen elizabeth theater it's right across the street and the bc place is right down the block. the room was ok and it was clean - but the internet service was spotty and the plumbing was really loud. not the room itself's plumbing but from other rooms (it actually startled me awake in the middle of the night). so nothing awful but enough of an annoyance, mainly the internet, for me to just give them an "ok" instead of a "pleasing" - but not enough of an annoyance that i wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
randy
"Helpful courteous staff for and fo any occassion"
We will be happy to stay on future trips.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Hockey Heritage Classic"
We came up the night before the game and picked this hotel because it was walking distance to the hotel. The hotel was ok. The room was small and very noisy. You could hear any person outside in the hallway. The elevator was right next to our room so we could hear it, not terribly loud but I was ask for a room away from traffic.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
M
I was upset upon check in to see that the pool and hot tub were closed during our stay. This should have been posted and said on the website. One of the reasons I choose that hotel was fir the pool. The desk clerk didn't offer any compensation for this . When we went to our room our view was of a wall and the back side of another hotel.
2 night trip Feb 17, 2014
"Had everything we wanted"
Great. Loved the history, the convenience of location and friendliness of the staff. We only wish we could have had the warmer weather Vancouver is so proud of Nice vacation overall..
2 night trip Feb 3, 2014
"Close to Rogers Arena"
The room was tiny, but okay. No complimentary breakfast. Polite staff.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
Howie
"good value"
for less than $100 in winter on a game night this is a good deal. the rooms are basic but fairly modern and clean.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014