All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here65 28th St Sw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49548, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.7
"would stay again"
would stay here again. clean comfortable rooms. surprisingly expanded cable tv. decent standard continental breakfast. courteous staff. safe place to park. near plenty of strip mall america amenities.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Travelodge Hotel stay"
While we all enjoyed the Travelodge Hotel with its clean rooms & very courteous staff, we were afraid to go out in the evening for dinner as we did nor feel safe traveling around. We opted to order in & Jets Pizza service was great. We would have preferred having plain corn flakes or Cheerios or Special K as none of us each sugared cereals. Otherwise, we were pleased.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Nice stay. No issues. Hotel staff was friendly. Shady area.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"another good one"
again a very good stay
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"good"
i have been pleased with my recent stay
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Exactly what you need for a comfortable night"
A friend and I went up to Grand Rapids for an event at Founders Brewery. We'd stayed here before...nice, clean and totally decent hotel. Good basic hotel!
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Madan
"Weekend Out!"
We had a pleasant stay!
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"A good place to hang my hat for a night"
I was a little nervous after reading some earlier reviews but did not have any issues. I would not schedule a vacation there if I planned to spend time in the room but, for a decent place to sleep one night, it was fine. I was in town for work but had wanted a place near where a family member is in college and it was great for that. It seems to be an older motel in the process of renovation--the room was small but clean and had newer furnishings, fast Wifi, a nice TV and working coffee pot. The staff at both checkin and checkout were very friendly and efficient.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Over Night Guest"
Just went for an over-night to visit friends, and needed a place to sleep, this worked out well, good price and conveniently located
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
"nickel and dimed"
Wanted to print a page out on the lobby computer. Manager wanted to charge $2 for 1 sheet of paper.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Used Condom on Floor of Room! Dirty!"
I was not sure what to think after reading the reviews because they were very mixed. The hotel location was fine and safe. The hotel seemed to be recently updated and therefore looked clean at first glance. When we got to the room, the TV would not turn on and we noticed it was not plugged in. We tried to get it plugged in and the metal was so badly bent it was impossible. I called the front desk and the clerk was very nice and worked hard to solve the problem. While waiting for the clerk to return, we found a slice of bread on the floor. How does a cleaning lady miss a whole piece of bread on the floor? The clerk brought a new power cord and fixed the TV. She was great! She returned to the room 10 minutes later to get the bread and sprayed the carpet with a disinfectant to the area. The following morning when the room was brighter, I noticed between the bed and the night stand was a used condom! This was so unacceptable and disgusting I did not even know what to do. At this point, I just wanted to get out of the room as quickly as possible and didn't even bother contacting the front desk. Clearly all of the renovations and good customer service from the staff do not make this a clean enough hotel for anyone!
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Maria
"Rude Night Time Staff"
Night time staff was rude. Couldn't even have a conversation in our room at night without being threatened with the cops! He was ridiculous.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Kristin
"Couldn't ask for more for the price!"
Not sure what all the negative reviews are for on here. Right on the main stretch in Wyoming/GR. Not that bad of a neighborhood. Staff was very friendly and accommodating to anything we needed. Clean room and comfortable. Not sure how many hotels you can pay this price and get a locking safe, microwave, refrigerator, 40" TV with HD, free WiFi, pool and fitness, breakfast and courtesy late check out. Would definitely stay here again if I had to. Worth the 70.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
Austin
"Strange driveway."
I wasn't totally comfortable.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Cindy Lou
"Convenient"
The hotel was very nice, easy on/off from 131. Also very close to downtown for events. Clean, good breakfast, nice pool - very good for the price! Will go again.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Dee Dee
"Road Trip"
We came down for a concert and wanted something simple and reasonably priced for a one night stay, First impression was wow is this place going to be worth staying, we checked in Staff was very pleasant and informative, We got to our room and it was clean, and nice, maybe some updates could be done, but overall, comfortable and cozy for what we needed it for. Definitely would stay again, location was excellent close to everything you could need or want in Grand rapids. Shopping, Restaurants and gas stations and not far off the express way
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Christina
"Ok"
No hot water breakfast was good
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Amber
"Good stay for the price. Close to bus stop to G.R."
I've stayed here before and will stay here again. It's clearly not the Four Seasons, but for the price, it's a nice stay. I was surprised that they upgraded to DirecTV and had a bazillion channels to choose from on a nice flatscreen. The room itself is just kind of meh. The worst part for me was that there is no shelf in the shower, so you have to continually bend down to get your soap/shampoo, but the showerhead is up quite high (even though I'm not tall, I know some people look for that), and the water was nice and hot. I've never used the pool, but it looks pretty nice and will try to remember to bring a suit one of these times. If you need, you can catch the Silver Line just across the street, which will take you into downtown Grand Rapids in less than 15 minutes for $1.50. A cab ride back to the hotel was $10 + tip. Great place for those on a budget and aren't super picky. I'll definitely stay here again for the good price and location.
Shawn
"was diosappointed"
the staff was soso but the room had a smell to it got a candle to help but if your just staying overnight and need a place to sleep it was ok
jerry
"Nice, reasonable hotel."
Quick one-night business trip. Very pleasant stay.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
paul
"disappointed"
The neighborhood around the hotel was not safe and this being my first time to the area unknown to me until my arrival. Some guest had been loud during the evening and did not become quite until about 3am. I would never bring my family to such a location and stay the night ... to dangerous.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Great place & price"
This was a lovely little hotel. The staff were wonderful - very polite, welcoming, and informative about things to do in the area. Our standard room was clean and well maintained, and it even had a microwave and mini fridge. The pool and hot tub were fun/relaxing. Breakfast was delicious. It was also nice to see the cook coming in and out to refill hot food and check on guests.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Lindy
"Disappointing"
We booked this for the price and got what we paid for. We purposely checked in almost two hours after 2pm check-in and our room wasn't ready. Door left open, but not yet cleaned. While it was offered to change our rooms, it's like...you had one job. Be ready for us with over a week notice. Room wasn't cleaned well (bathroom was gross) and DirecTV is an absolute joke. We had 200 channels and absolutely none of them came in without glitching out. Walls are also paper thin, so the mom screaming at her crying infants was a nice touch. Also, if it is a non-smoking hotel, why did Expedia ask us if we wanted a smoking room? They pushed me to upgrade from a queen to King mattress but didn't know the option for a suite was even a choice. Would have done that if you offered. Oh well.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Never again."
Priced way too much for condition. There were spiders everywhere outside in walkway. They could easily clean out webs!!! Bathroom barely big enough for one person. No comforter on bed. Only two pillows. We paid for quen bed, they put us in two double bed room!
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
Kristen
"I enjoyed my stay."
I was in town on business for one night only. I was a little wary when we pulled up to the motel. It looked kind of run down on the outside, but I could tell they were in the process of renovating. The staff was very nice and helpful at check-in. My room was very clean and I could tell that it had recently been updated. The room smelled nice. The bed was a little hard, but not extremely so. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
Andrea Wasson
"Location"
This was a very nice hotel for the price. The room was dated but comfortable. The pool was well maintained, comfortable temperature and very clean. Unfortunately the surrounding neighborhood was unnerving for a single mother traveling with a small child, but if you are looking for cheap, clean with a nice indoor pool this might be your affordable choice.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
This was the scariest, Nastiest Hotel I have ever ever stayed in! I was afraid to go to sleep, I was afraid to park my car.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
Konni
"Doesn't look like the pictures"
Check in time was 2pm and we arrived at 5:30. Our room hadn't been cleaned from the last visitor, the man at the front desk was rude to us. Probably won't be back. There's a nice best western right down the road and we'll definitely check into staying there next time
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
stephanie
"We were told not to leave our room after dark ."
The staff were unresponsive and rude. The only employee who seemed to care about our comfort or security was a maintenance man named Shaun. We were locked out of the lobby after 10 pm. When I questioned the manager about our safety, he threw a fit and said he was calling the police. I called the police to try to spare my fiancé, who is very ill, any drama. As it turned out it was a veil threat. The dispatcher said no call had been received.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
neighborhood is not the greatest---kind of industrial, behind a liquor store. But this hotel was very clean and comfortable. First thing I did was inspect the bed & bathroom.....spotless! nice flatscreen TV with good reception. Did not use the pool, but it also looked very nice. Breakfast OK.....not many hot foods. Staff was doing their best on a busy Sunday morning to keep the coffee flowing.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Barb
"Location to downtown a big plus!"
Room was adequate, but not the quality of the Ritz. Price should be less than the $75 charged. Surrounding area is a busy thoroughfare, but minutes from the downtown museums and breweries. Compared to prices of hotels directly in the downtown area, the trade off is worth it.
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Great! We had a good time staying there, and we were appreciated with the safety.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Sara
"Meh"
Not in a sweet area, room was super dark. Hotel staff was nice and friendly though. The view from the room was an industrial facility surrounded by barbed wire.
2 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
"Great experience"
The hotel was clean and updated. The price was reasonable and room was very comfortable. I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast but everything looked good. My coffeemaker did not work but that was minor and the hotel staff was very apologetic. I checked in at 2 AM and was greeted by helpful night staff. I checked out at noon with more helpful and kind staff. Thank you!
1 night trip May 19, 2014
TLC
"convenient place for approaching Grand Rapids"
The staff were very courteous and helpful. The free breakfast was above average, the bed and shower were all one could want. You get here for much less the same you would pay a lot more for elsewhere.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
JTS
was alright, not in great area. Won't stay there with famliy
Other trip May 13, 2014
"$70 + tax for a sleepless night - crazy!"
Room 214’s looking into commercial backyard-quiet on Friday night.I got alarmed to see adjacent door, checked it out-decided not to worry about-seemingly was empty.We're pleased to see updated carpet, flat TV, bathroom fixtures, and fresh/white towels-actually didn't smell Clorox. Coffeemaker needs to be upgraded-one pocket of coffee for two coffee lovers-joke.Linens were nice, only 3 pillows, but I like one being hard for seating up. We’re along from all sides- peacefully felt asleep.Our cozy room becomes news-room at 1AM-arrived neighbor smashed the door and turned up TV.Our patience was tested for two hours until my husband got up and said: let’s pack&go.Our party was 30 min. away, but not until noon.Second option-3 hour drive home.I like neither-decided to knock on neighbor's door-no response, but stinky smell’s coming from under the door.Loud as ever, 3 AM news began, we're up as teenagers, but not for a good reason.I called front desk stating our problem-was promised to get help.Telephone was ringing on neighbor’s side-nobody pick it up.Two more calls didn't help ‘til knock on the door. Jump, couple of words, smashed door. Oh!haven-TV shot off.We wake up before 8 AM, tired and still angry.Bad coffee didn't help-we left in one hour.While checking out, I mentioned awful night to new front desk lady-she raised her shoulders with almost whispering Sorry.We did too!
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Luda
For the price, it was more than reasonable, it could have had flat screen TVs, but at least it had TVs and HBO.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
Gabe
You can tell this is an older hotel in a soon to be run-down part of town. Kind of tells you something that the driveway to the place has you going around a liquor store. Site said check-in at arrived an hour after and had to wait for room to be cleaned. Bed had an older worn down mattress. Not the worst hotel I've stayed in. By far not the best either. Staff was friendly. Didn't try pool.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Jeremy
"Will not return"
Room not ready upon arrival (30 min wait) and room smelled like smoke. Super rude cleaning lady and morning front desk staff.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
"iffy"
barely worth the $50. but all the chairs in my room were broken, the breakfast was pretty weak, and someone who seemed to be an owner monopolized the desk staff's time for like 15 minutes before i could check in. should have just slept in my car.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2014
"Solid crash pad"
Stayed at the Travel Lodge for a night, just needed 4 walls, a roof and a shower, and it was more than satisfactory for this need. Hot breakfast in the morning was much appreciated, and the location was decent. Don't expect anything upscale and you'll be quite happy.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"Will use the next time in Grand Rapids."
I came in later in the evening (ca. 9:30 pm.) I was quickly checked in and retired to my room which was quite comfortable. Nothing fancy but quite adequate. The room was very quiet. I enjoyed a good night's sleep. Would definitely consider it again the next time in town.
1 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
"Decent hotel in a declining part of town."
I arrived late at night and the staff person was friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was adequate, but needed updating. Sink had little cracks and the shower drain backed up. The room was very clean, though. Heater was noisy, but that was good since the walls were paper thin and you could hear everything next door, including snoring. Still has the old style cathode-ray tube tv, and the remote didn't work. The front desk did take care of that immediately. The breakfast was wonderful; good variety and fresh. Glad I stayed one more night just for the breakfast!
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
In dire need of a renovation. The rooms were very outdated and felt unclean. You could see where there had been large holes in the walls and the wallpaper was peeling off. All the cars in the parking lot near my room were very banged up which made me feel unsafe about parking there for one night. They also tried to rush me to check out when I had plenty of time left of my stay.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Was pleasantly surprised"
The one single complaint was the chairs in my room were uncomfortable, and one smelled. Very nice stay for the rate though.
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2014
Doug
"Not all it's cracked up to be"
We were taking our boys on a mini trip to GR and wanted a hotel with a pool and hot tub to enjoy. Their website says they have a hot tub; they don't. They also have a channel card for the tv in the room, but half of them didn't work and another quarter were blurry. On the bright side, the staff was terrific, breakfast was great and the rooms were very nice, but our stay was ruined by inaccurate advertising...
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Overall this was a $60 hotel room and I think the value matches the price. The checkin was easy and quick, the room wasn't too far away and the pool looked small but excellent for kids. The room was as described, and looked clean. The walls had stains and the bathroom had several chips out of surfaces, but the bed was extremely comfortable. We slept in and wound up completely missing the continental breakfast when getting downstairs at 10, so if you want the food mentioned be sure to get up earlier. Would book again if I had to do another budget trip.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2014
"The stay was so-so"
We arrived early so we could swim. The pool was too cold and there were no towels poolside. We did use the exercise room. The room was too cold, even with the heater on. We stayed because we were attending a retirement party at the Brann's Steak House, right down the road. It was convenient for this purpose. We just attended the party, slept the night and went home. The stay was just so-so.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014