All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
65 28th St Sw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49548, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.7
"Okay."
Continental breakfast was not good. And we had a very poor patio area.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
The service was very good. It was very clean and the beds were big and comfortable. The hotel itself needs a redo in some places like the bathroom.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Jan
We would stay here again. After reading some of the other reviews we had visions of a really bad neighborhood. It wasnt that bad. The motel was very nice/clean/friendly staff. We liked that the rooms on the lower level had outside and inside doors!
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
tammi
"Grand Rapids Trip"
An overnight stay with family following business meeting. Room seemed clean, and kids enjoyed the pool.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
"Clean and comfortable."
Room was clean and comfortable. Would have liked two pillows. Met our needs while we were traveling. Desk staff was pleasant and polite. My only complaint was that even though it was a non smoking room, the smell of old tobacco lingered.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
JOANN
"a grand stay in grand rapids"
Got in late Sunday evening. Had a good nights sleep each day. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning: waffles, bagels, cereal, PB&J, whole wheat bread/toast. only five miles from downtown. appreciated the public computer in lobby.
5 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Hotel was clean and in a convenient location for us. Swimming pool was nice.
14 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Watch out in Grand Rapids"
Very 'iffy' neighborhood, low income housing next to hotel. overpriced for the room. really dont like hotels with individual doors from the outside. like lobbies were you can enter you room from inside. Will not stay at this hotel again unless i feel like I want to get mugged.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
"Basic but clean, quiet, and comfortable"
We were staying overnight for a weekend wedding, and needed someplace that was close to the event, clean, comfortable, and inexpensive. The Travelodge met all of the criteria, with the bonus of having breakfast thrown in for free. The room was basic, but clean. A little cramped (we had a king bed), and the bathroom was also a little small. However, the bed was comfy enough, there was a small sofa & coffee table available, the TV worked fine. The hotel was quiet, and while we didn't have enough time to enjoy the pool, it looked nice enough. Breakfast was also pretty basic (cereals, juice, milk, coffee, bagels, and make-your-own waffles) but good. There was a small fridge and coffee-maker in the room which we did not use; I do wish, however, that there was more than caffeinated coffee available in the room as I would have liked to have brewed some herbal tea or even some decaf for the evening. Still, I would say that all of our basic needs were met. It was a fine place to spend the night and I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Adina
"Great stay for the price!"
My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for a softball tournament. I was concerned about other reviews regarding the area that hotel is in, but the reviews of the hotel were good, so I decided to take a chance. The hotel seemed as if it were recently remodeled. Has all new carpet throughout, some new fixtures, overall it seems well taken care of. Our room and bathroom were very clean, and I'm picky. The continental breakfast was the normal continental breakfast you would expect, but they kept it stocked and clean. Also had some extras with fresh strawberries, watermelon and bananas. Hotel staff was very friendly.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Susan L
"GR Fishing Show."
id the job. No complaints, ok for the cost.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2015
"Clean, comfortable; breakfast a joke."
Overall, the hotel was quite satisfactory. I stayed one night and had no issues. I however comment that claiming to provide "free breakfast" is a far stretch. The coffee sucked and you have a choice of cold cereal or make your own waffle. Since one of my main criteria for choosing a hotel is a decent breakfast, I won't be staying at Travelodge again.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2015
"Great service, decent priced hotel."
We came to Grand Rapids for a 1 night stay to attend a concert at Van Andel Arena.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Lee
"Grand Rapids is a winner- regardless!"
I love Grand Rapids. Any chance to be there and catch a concert is a great time. I will definitely stay again- and see UV Hippo or PEMG anytime.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Brigitte
"Not good"
Bad neighborhood. Door to room was open when we arrived. Bathtub paint coming off. Not worth what we paid.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Russell
"comfort"
Overall a nice place.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
Darnell
"out dated"
The phones didn't work. I had to get ahold of my husband and they couldn't connect me to his room. couldn't get a wake up call either.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"Travelodge Grand Rapids"
The hotel facilities were reasonable for the price of $75(incl taxes). The breakfast options were good. Overall, a budget hotel for our trip.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Subramaniyam
"Fine for a cheaper option"
I was surprised by the condition and location of this hotel for the price I paid. It was okay - comfortable bed and friendly staff, but it was a bit old and dingy. Free breakfast was a plus but it was so crowded I ended up just grabbing a banana and getting out of there. Please note that this was a last minute hotel purchase on a busy weekend, this is probably why I had to spend $100 on a room that should have cost no more than $80.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Great for an overnight trip!"
I needed somewhere to stay for a night and this place was great! Even though I had a very late night check in, the staff was very friendly! Halls and rooms were clean and tidy but haven't been updated in awhile. Room was cozy and nice. Bed was soft. Parking was easy. Breakfast was included. Can't really complain at all except for maybe thin walls? In the morning I heard people having a conversation really loud outside my door for a good 15 minutes....other than that, it was great!
Other trip May 4, 2015
Becca
"Great Place to Crash for Cheap"
I wasn't planning on being in my room much, so I just wanted a cheap place to stay for a night in Grand Rapids. I was pleasantly surprised by the Travelodge. The room was clean and rather large for the price, and the beds were comfy. Free internet and breakfast were great perks. It's obviously not a huge, luxury hotel, but you shouldn't expect that from a Travelodge. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Paige
Not in nice area appearance there was an toliet sitting outside
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"would stay again"
would stay here again. clean comfortable rooms. surprisingly expanded cable tv. decent standard continental breakfast. courteous staff. safe place to park. near plenty of strip mall america amenities.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Travelodge Hotel stay"
While we all enjoyed the Travelodge Hotel with its clean rooms & very courteous staff, we were afraid to go out in the evening for dinner as we did nor feel safe traveling around. We opted to order in & Jets Pizza service was great. We would have preferred having plain corn flakes or Cheerios or Special K as none of us each sugared cereals. Otherwise, we were pleased.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Nice stay. No issues. Hotel staff was friendly. Shady area.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"another good one"
again a very good stay
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"good"
i have been pleased with my recent stay
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Exactly what you need for a comfortable night"
A friend and I went up to Grand Rapids for an event at Founders Brewery. We'd stayed here before...nice, clean and totally decent hotel. Good basic hotel!
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
"Weekend Out!"
We had a pleasant stay!
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Grand Rapids visit"
The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, I appreciate that after a long drive and a late night arrival.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
G
"A good place to hang my hat for a night"
I was a little nervous after reading some earlier reviews but did not have any issues. I would not schedule a vacation there if I planned to spend time in the room but, for a decent place to sleep one night, it was fine. I was in town for work but had wanted a place near where a family member is in college and it was great for that. It seems to be an older motel in the process of renovation--the room was small but clean and had newer furnishings, fast Wifi, a nice TV and working coffee pot. The staff at both checkin and checkout were very friendly and efficient.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Dirty hotel, towels dirty, it smelled in there."
Terrible experience would never recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Anna
"Over Night Guest"
Just went for an over-night to visit friends, and needed a place to sleep, this worked out well, good price and conveniently located
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Good toilet ran constantly , needed more for breakfast but other then that very nice stay.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
kat
"Off the highway"
Basic service. had to wait a while to get checked in and out.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"nickel and dimed"
Wanted to print a page out on the lobby computer. Manager wanted to charge $2 for 1 sheet of paper.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Used Condom on Floor of Room! Dirty!"
I was not sure what to think after reading the reviews because they were very mixed. The hotel location was fine and safe. The hotel seemed to be recently updated and therefore looked clean at first glance. When we got to the room, the TV would not turn on and we noticed it was not plugged in. We tried to get it plugged in and the metal was so badly bent it was impossible. I called the front desk and the clerk was very nice and worked hard to solve the problem. While waiting for the clerk to return, we found a slice of bread on the floor. How does a cleaning lady miss a whole piece of bread on the floor? The clerk brought a new power cord and fixed the TV. She was great! She returned to the room 10 minutes later to get the bread and sprayed the carpet with a disinfectant to the area. The following morning when the room was brighter, I noticed between the bed and the night stand was a used condom! This was so unacceptable and disgusting I did not even know what to do. At this point, I just wanted to get out of the room as quickly as possible and didn't even bother contacting the front desk. Clearly all of the renovations and good customer service from the staff do not make this a clean enough hotel for anyone!
Response by Travelodge Grand Rapids
Dear Maria, Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for your bad experience with us. I will be sure to take appropriate actions to make sure no such thing happens again. I hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay a lot better. Thank you
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Maria
"Rude Night Time Staff"
Night time staff was rude. Couldn't even have a conversation in our room at night without being threatened with the cops! He was ridiculous.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Kristin
"Couldn't ask for more for the price!"
Not sure what all the negative reviews are for on here. Right on the main stretch in Wyoming/GR. Not that bad of a neighborhood. Staff was very friendly and accommodating to anything we needed. Clean room and comfortable. Not sure how many hotels you can pay this price and get a locking safe, microwave, refrigerator, 40" TV with HD, free WiFi, pool and fitness, breakfast and courtesy late check out. Would definitely stay here again if I had to. Worth the 70.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
Austin
"Strange driveway."
I wasn't totally comfortable.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Cindy Lou
"Convenient"
The hotel was very nice, easy on/off from 131. Also very close to downtown for events. Clean, good breakfast, nice pool - very good for the price! Will go again.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Dee Dee
"Road Trip"
We came down for a concert and wanted something simple and reasonably priced for a one night stay, First impression was wow is this place going to be worth staying, we checked in Staff was very pleasant and informative, We got to our room and it was clean, and nice, maybe some updates could be done, but overall, comfortable and cozy for what we needed it for. Definitely would stay again, location was excellent close to everything you could need or want in Grand rapids. Shopping, Restaurants and gas stations and not far off the express way
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Christina
"Ok"
No hot water breakfast was good
1 night romance trip Dec 7, 2014
Amber
"Good stay for the price. Close to bus stop to G.R."
I've stayed here before and will stay here again. It's clearly not the Four Seasons, but for the price, it's a nice stay. I was surprised that they upgraded to DirecTV and had a bazillion channels to choose from on a nice flatscreen. The room itself is just kind of meh. The worst part for me was that there is no shelf in the shower, so you have to continually bend down to get your soap/shampoo, but the showerhead is up quite high (even though I'm not tall, I know some people look for that), and the water was nice and hot. I've never used the pool, but it looks pretty nice and will try to remember to bring a suit one of these times. If you need, you can catch the Silver Line just across the street, which will take you into downtown Grand Rapids in less than 15 minutes for $1.50. A cab ride back to the hotel was $10 + tip. Great place for those on a budget and aren't super picky. I'll definitely stay here again for the good price and location.
Shawn
"was diosappointed"
the staff was soso but the room had a smell to it got a candle to help but if your just staying overnight and need a place to sleep it was ok
jerry
"Nice, reasonable hotel."
Quick one-night business trip. Very pleasant stay.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2014
paul
"disappointed"
The neighborhood around the hotel was not safe and this being my first time to the area unknown to me until my arrival. Some guest had been loud during the evening and did not become quite until about 3am. I would never bring my family to such a location and stay the night ... to dangerous.
Response by Travelodge Grand Rapids
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. The safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. We do have someone on site 24hours a day to handle any noise or troublesome behavior. We do also have many cameras and a lot of lighting for surveillance. We strive to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property.
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Great place & price"
This was a lovely little hotel. The staff were wonderful - very polite, welcoming, and informative about things to do in the area. Our standard room was clean and well maintained, and it even had a microwave and mini fridge. The pool and hot tub were fun/relaxing. Breakfast was delicious. It was also nice to see the cook coming in and out to refill hot food and check on guests.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Lindy
"Disappointing"
We booked this for the price and got what we paid for. We purposely checked in almost two hours after 2pm check-in and our room wasn't ready. Door left open, but not yet cleaned. While it was offered to change our rooms, it's like...you had one job. Be ready for us with over a week notice. Room wasn't cleaned well (bathroom was gross) and DirecTV is an absolute joke. We had 200 channels and absolutely none of them came in without glitching out. Walls are also paper thin, so the mom screaming at her crying infants was a nice touch. Also, if it is a non-smoking hotel, why did Expedia ask us if we wanted a smoking room? They pushed me to upgrade from a queen to King mattress but didn't know the option for a suite was even a choice. Would have done that if you offered. Oh well.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014