All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
65 28th St Sw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49548, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.5
"great business hotel"
awesome
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2016
kyle
Hotel was well located for event at arena but would have been uncomfortable in the area if I was alone or just with the girls Room was basic but clean good choice if you are just planning an overnight
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
The interior looked like it wasn't updated in the last 25yrs but it was clean and quiet. We only stayed one night, arrived late and left early. We didn't eat breakfast or had a chance to look around much. Regarding our room we had no complaints considering the low price. You get what you pay for.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
"Enjoyed my stay"
The staff was very nice and the room was clean.
4 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Selene
"Crack Hotel"
Terrible. Hair in sink and shower. The bathroom ceiling was totally covered by black mold. The staff acted like they were doing us a favor just being present. We sat on porch area and watched successful drug transactions, and ones gone bad. Stay away from this place unless that's your thing.
1 night business trip Nov 5, 2015
Shawn
"Fine for the night"
Good place to stay for the price. He neighborhood wasn't great and the hotel could use a little sprucing up. For the price and the proximity to downtown Grand Rapids (5 minute Uber) it worked out very well.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
erik
The fire alarms went off the times during the night and the staff couldn't figure out way, or how to sit it off! Sleep was minimum!
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Brittany
"Loved the inn and love grand rapids"
Fun downtown, quiet stay
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Le-Lane
"Will never stay here again"
The room was gross, reeked of chemicals, the tray where the cups were kept was dirty, the bathroom tub was so gross I stood on a towel to shower, the "breakfast" area was dirty in the lobby, the safe was broken in the room and they never helped us to fix it or give us a new one, and the neighborhood was AWFUL. The hotel sits behind a liquor store and is not a place I'd be out after dark. The walls are so thin I could hear EVERYTHING the room next to us was doing and every tv that was on all around us, we slept with ours on to drown out the noise. It's extremely over priced for the location and not worth it.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
It was nice
1 night trip Sep 18, 2015
sharon
"Bad bad hotel"
The inside of the hotel was much nicer than the outside, however, the outside looks completely dirty and ghetto. The hotel next to this hotel looked like it was full of druggies and I did not feel safe parking my car even in the parking lot. I had to take out my portable dvd players and hide them in the trunk because i felt as if they would get stolen if I didnt. The sheets had some type of bug crawling in them and management did nothing about it after they were notified.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Kayla
"Old worn out hotel"
I didn't stay at this hotel it is old and worn out and the rooms and furnishing in no way resemble the photos. Plus it was set way back from the road with no street lights. I didn't feel safe with my grandson so we left and had to find another hotel. I feel Expedia totally misled me
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"Okay."
Continental breakfast was not good. And we had a very poor patio area.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Easy access"
the hotel was close to the place I needed to be on the next day.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
"Run down and Dirty"
Just a run down and dirty hotel. Marihuana blunts stubbed out on the walkways, staff was rude. Place needs a complete overhaul. Yuk!
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Janet
The service was very good. It was very clean and the beds were big and comfortable. The hotel itself needs a redo in some places like the bathroom.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Jan
We would stay here again. After reading some of the other reviews we had visions of a really bad neighborhood. It wasnt that bad. The motel was very nice/clean/friendly staff. We liked that the rooms on the lower level had outside and inside doors!
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
tammi
"Grand Rapids Trip"
An overnight stay with family following business meeting. Room seemed clean, and kids enjoyed the pool.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
"Clean and comfortable."
Room was clean and comfortable. Would have liked two pillows. Met our needs while we were traveling. Desk staff was pleasant and polite. My only complaint was that even though it was a non smoking room, the smell of old tobacco lingered.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
JOANN
"Prime location"
If you are looking for a hotel in that vicinity several blocks from the nearest interstate highway, this is a good choice. It is less than a block from Division Avenue, the main thoroughfare connecting Wyoming and Grand Rapids and is tucked in behind a Chinese restaurant and another hotel enough that any noise from the city street can't be heard. All the basic amenities were more than adequate. We had a comfortable stay there for 2 nights.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Brent
"a grand stay in grand rapids"
Got in late Sunday evening. Had a good nights sleep each day. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each morning: waffles, bagels, cereal, PB&J, whole wheat bread/toast. only five miles from downtown. appreciated the public computer in lobby.
5 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
Hotel was clean and in a convenient location for us. Swimming pool was nice.
14 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"Watch out in Grand Rapids"
Very 'iffy' neighborhood, low income housing next to hotel. overpriced for the room. really dont like hotels with individual doors from the outside. like lobbies were you can enter you room from inside. Will not stay at this hotel again unless i feel like I want to get mugged.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
"Basic but clean, quiet, and comfortable"
We were staying overnight for a weekend wedding, and needed someplace that was close to the event, clean, comfortable, and inexpensive. The Travelodge met all of the criteria, with the bonus of having breakfast thrown in for free. The room was basic, but clean. A little cramped (we had a king bed), and the bathroom was also a little small. However, the bed was comfy enough, there was a small sofa & coffee table available, the TV worked fine. The hotel was quiet, and while we didn't have enough time to enjoy the pool, it looked nice enough. Breakfast was also pretty basic (cereals, juice, milk, coffee, bagels, and make-your-own waffles) but good. There was a small fridge and coffee-maker in the room which we did not use; I do wish, however, that there was more than caffeinated coffee available in the room as I would have liked to have brewed some herbal tea or even some decaf for the evening. Still, I would say that all of our basic needs were met. It was a fine place to spend the night and I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Adina
"Decent for the price"
Clean hotel with clean room. Sits in a quiet decent area. Only thing I didn't like was the fact that it sat a ways for the road. Would visit again.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Derek
"Great stay for the price!"
My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for a softball tournament. I was concerned about other reviews regarding the area that hotel is in, but the reviews of the hotel were good, so I decided to take a chance. The hotel seemed as if it were recently remodeled. Has all new carpet throughout, some new fixtures, overall it seems well taken care of. Our room and bathroom were very clean, and I'm picky. The continental breakfast was the normal continental breakfast you would expect, but they kept it stocked and clean. Also had some extras with fresh strawberries, watermelon and bananas. Hotel staff was very friendly.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Susan L
"GR Fishing Show."
id the job. No complaints, ok for the cost.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2015
"It was OK"
It wasn't a terrible stay. The hotel was nothing fancy, but the rooms were comfortable. It was a pretty warm day, and the air/fan was on in the room when we got there. Good - beds were comfortable, there is a separate door in the room that goes outside to the parking lot and one that goes into the hotel (convenient), the pool room was heated and the pool was alright (but no hot tub), there was a mini fridge, flat screen with all channels, breakfast was alright Bad - The staff really were not friendly at all, we asked for extra towels for in the bathroom and they told us we need to put our dirty ones outside of the room before she would give us anymore, like they need to count them or something. The bathroom was really small. Wifi wasn't working. The fitness room was hot and in need of updated equipment ASAP
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Farrah
Nice stay, affordable. Anoying survey to follow you in email.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Clean, comfortable; breakfast a joke."
Overall, the hotel was quite satisfactory. I stayed one night and had no issues. I however comment that claiming to provide "free breakfast" is a far stretch. The coffee sucked and you have a choice of cold cereal or make your own waffle. Since one of my main criteria for choosing a hotel is a decent breakfast, I won't be staying at Travelodge again.
1 night trip Jun 13, 2015
"Great service, decent priced hotel."
We came to Grand Rapids for a 1 night stay to attend a concert at Van Andel Arena.
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Lee
"Grand Rapids is a winner- regardless!"
I love Grand Rapids. Any chance to be there and catch a concert is a great time. I will definitely stay again- and see UV Hippo or PEMG anytime.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Brigitte
"Not good"
Bad neighborhood. Door to room was open when we arrived. Bathtub paint coming off. Not worth what we paid.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Russell
"comfort"
Overall a nice place.
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
Darnell
"out dated"
The phones didn't work. I had to get ahold of my husband and they couldn't connect me to his room. couldn't get a wake up call either.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
"Travelodge Grand Rapids"
The hotel facilities were reasonable for the price of $75(incl taxes). The breakfast options were good. Overall, a budget hotel for our trip.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Subramaniyam
"Fine for a cheaper option"
I was surprised by the condition and location of this hotel for the price I paid. It was okay - comfortable bed and friendly staff, but it was a bit old and dingy. Free breakfast was a plus but it was so crowded I ended up just grabbing a banana and getting out of there. Please note that this was a last minute hotel purchase on a busy weekend, this is probably why I had to spend $100 on a room that should have cost no more than $80.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Great for an overnight trip!"
I needed somewhere to stay for a night and this place was great! Even though I had a very late night check in, the staff was very friendly! Halls and rooms were clean and tidy but haven't been updated in awhile. Room was cozy and nice. Bed was soft. Parking was easy. Breakfast was included. Can't really complain at all except for maybe thin walls? In the morning I heard people having a conversation really loud outside my door for a good 15 minutes....other than that, it was great!
Other trip May 4, 2015
Becca
"Great Place to Crash for Cheap"
I wasn't planning on being in my room much, so I just wanted a cheap place to stay for a night in Grand Rapids. I was pleasantly surprised by the Travelodge. The room was clean and rather large for the price, and the beds were comfy. Free internet and breakfast were great perks. It's obviously not a huge, luxury hotel, but you shouldn't expect that from a Travelodge. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Paige
Not in nice area appearance there was an toliet sitting outside
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"would stay again"
would stay here again. clean comfortable rooms. surprisingly expanded cable tv. decent standard continental breakfast. courteous staff. safe place to park. near plenty of strip mall america amenities.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Travelodge Hotel stay"
While we all enjoyed the Travelodge Hotel with its clean rooms & very courteous staff, we were afraid to go out in the evening for dinner as we did nor feel safe traveling around. We opted to order in & Jets Pizza service was great. We would have preferred having plain corn flakes or Cheerios or Special K as none of us each sugared cereals. Otherwise, we were pleased.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Nice stay. No issues. Hotel staff was friendly. Shady area.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"another good one"
again a very good stay
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"good"
i have been pleased with my recent stay
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Exactly what you need for a comfortable night"
A friend and I went up to Grand Rapids for an event at Founders Brewery. We'd stayed here before...nice, clean and totally decent hotel. Good basic hotel!
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
"Weekend Out!"
We had a pleasant stay!
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Grand Rapids visit"
The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, I appreciate that after a long drive and a late night arrival.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
G
"A good place to hang my hat for a night"
I was a little nervous after reading some earlier reviews but did not have any issues. I would not schedule a vacation there if I planned to spend time in the room but, for a decent place to sleep one night, it was fine. I was in town for work but had wanted a place near where a family member is in college and it was great for that. It seems to be an older motel in the process of renovation--the room was small but clean and had newer furnishings, fast Wifi, a nice TV and working coffee pot. The staff at both checkin and checkout were very friendly and efficient.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015