All hotels in Norfolk, Virginia, United States of America

2.4
    2.1
    2.8
"Days inn"
Nothing wrong with the actual hotel really. Not in good condition but nothing too awful as to be unlivable. The area however was the main downside- not so good and didnt feel very safe.
Response by Days Inn Norfolk-Military Circle
We apologize about your recent stay. We hope you can join us once the hotel has been completely renovated. Thank you
2 night business trip May 16, 2015
There was constant commotion outside, the bed felt like a board, the only vending machine was sold out of everything, but the cleaning lady and check in people were very nice, friendly and efficient.
Thanks for your stay.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"poor service."
Ice machines don't work on 2nd-5th floor. Not allowed to stand outside unless your in front of your door. Banana's had mold on them from breakfast. Customers pied down the steps. And I wouldn't suggest this hotel to anyone.
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
Eboni
"A cheap place to stay"
I was traveling and need to sleep. The motel it was adequate for what I need it for nothing special needs a facelift inside and out
Other trip May 14, 2015
keith
"Not Bad for a night or two..."
Days Inn is under renovation, so there is a lot of noise from that. The staff were friendly and accomodating. The lady at the front desk was able to get me a room before 3p, as I had arrived around 1p.But,the pool will not open until Memorial Day, which was disappointing, as it was 84 degrees. Didn't know that before I booked. Tip, be sure to inquire about that next time. One of the reasons I booked, in the first place. Sink faucet was broken and water went everywhere. Informed Housekeeping but no one came to fix it. The sheets were stained and had to get them changed. Housekeeping handled that. Didn't have enough bath linens due to the leaky faucet. Good continental breakfast though. The Inn is off of N. Military Hwy, so there are stores and restaurants everywhere.
Response by Days Inn Norfolk-Military Circle
Thank you for your recent stay. The pool is open and about the renovation.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
wanda r
"I wouldn't go back."
Hotel was dirty and loud inside and out. I would think one could do better for $85 a night.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"horrible stay"
This was the worst hotel experience ever. The room was smelly and horrible. The television wasn't operable. There wasn't a iron in the room. The hallway smelled like urine and there were guest stand outside loudly talking for almost four hours. This room wasn't worth my $90. I really want a refund.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Tina
"place has bugs..."
Sent a couple of my people to training and booked them here. They reported that the place had bugs...
Response by Days Inn Norfolk-Military Circle
We currently do no have bugs. The reports is not true. Thank for your recent stay.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
FE4
"Never again"
Breakfast was horrible you show one room it don't looks like what was showed the only thing hospitable is the the people no TV worth watching it was terrible
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
Doris
"DIRTY, UNSAFE, DISCUSTING"
Will NEVER stay here again....this hotel was filthy, the tub in the bathroom had a hole in it, and instead of it being repaired it was covered with TAPE. This was supposed to be a non-smoking room and it smelled like a carton of cigarettes not to mention the non stop party that was going outside until about 5 am, people hanging all over the banisters, spitting and yelling down as you walk by...The list of complaints goes on and on. I was traveling with two small children and was afraid to go to sleep , there was toooo much heavy traficking outside my room door. Had it not been so late i would've just checked out and went somewhere else.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Decent for the money"
Computer desk chairs are a lawsuit waiting to happen, as they are extremely shaky, and loose. Possible upgrade to HD, TV in the rooms to allow kids with game systems to play. Toilet kept breaking. Not a good thing when children are in the room. Blankets had burns and need to be replaced. For the money overall, it's not a bad spot for an overnight stay.
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Calvin
"Norfolk Days Inn"
Good value. However, minuscule breakfast.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"work buddies"
We had to stay for work due to the snow. Everyone was very nice. Went above and beyond to make our stay awesone!
1 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2015
"Marines and truckers"
Good if youre on a tight budget, but I wouldn't let my mom stay there.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Ernie
"Days Inn Norfolk Military Highway get it together"
it was horrendousthe hotel staff was rude unhelpful unbothered and when I call down to the front desk to ask a question or get an answer to why my room was in the shape it was I got no response and when I checked out the staff was supposed to been bring in a luggage cart to the room but after 20 minutes I got tired of waiting and went and got it myself if I had known that he was going to be that uncomfortable I would have booked another hotel but because I was traveling I was tired and didn't feel like dealing with it
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
Dajuan
"not a good part of town"
The hotel itself was ok for a short stay but not in the best part of town. I am on long stay..I switched hotels. :-(
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Internet Sucked"
Internet Sucked
Response by Days Inn Norfolk-Military Circle
Thank you for your stay.
2 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Non smoking room was not smoke free. We smelt like ashtrays when we left.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Thank God no roaches"
It was a good over all experience, hotel needed work
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
Daryon
"you pay for what you get"
the breakfast could be more desirable, bread, cereal, 'days old' bananas, apples.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
traveler
"Cheap and dirty"
The linen was dirty upon check-in. There was a long strand or hair on one of the pillow cases. The carpet was unclean. The toilet had a "sanitary tape" around it, yet the toilet rim had urine stains and hair on it. I had to clean the toilet myself as housekeeping staff did not arrive until 9am. There were no full bath towels in the room either, I had to dry off with handtowels after showering. I stayed for two nights and the room was not cleaned at all after my first night's stay. You get what you pay for and management is obviously trying to maximize profit by providing a low quality living space. I would neither stay here again at any location anywhere in the country nor recommend it to anyone.
Response by Days Inn Norfolk-Military Circle
Thanks for your stay. We are working to improve with a new touch of renovations currently going on.
Adam
"cheap without any service"
No room service at all, beds not made, sinks not cleaned, trash not emptied. Service consisted of the cleaning lady asking outside if we need anything, like towels.
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Not recommended for families."
Non smoking rooms stink with smoking odor. Infotmed the manager about the odor and reply was that we r trying to fix it ??? Beds pillows not clean. ..no towels were provided in my room...Not recommended for families.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2014
"Grungy old hotel, needs to be redone."
Old hotel, likely was nice years ago, now it is grungy with that distinctive old hotel smell. Or real more like old motel smell.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"better this time"
This stay was better than the last. Room was nice and the only thing that did not work was the romote control, but that did not create a problem.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
"not great"
The rooms had a nasty smell, the towels were very rough, the beds were not comfortable at all and it was not in the nicest of areas. Everything was very run down.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
"Hotel could be better maintained"
Our stay was fine but the hotel need to be maintained in a better manner. The room was clean but needed to be painted & it has many stains that should be removed or the tile & carpeting should be replaced.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"Poor Condition"
Extreme filth and items not working.
4 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Roomates"
Family stayed there and we ended up finding them a different hotel. Thru had roaches in their room. Wont be staying there again.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
"stay was bad"
My rooms air conditioning unit kept running forever. Took me hours to finally get it shut off because the area where the controls were in a disray. I have stayed there a couple times and this was the worse stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Decent motel"
Decent motel. Only paid $40 a night so you get what you pay for. Room was clean and location was close to alot of stores
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
Byron
"GOOD PLACE TO STAY FOR THE FISH BOWL FOOTBALL GAME"
A great place to stay close to Norfolk State College.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Winfred
The bed was so hard that my back hurt all next day.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Nasty"
I experienced fruit flies badly. The advertising picture of the hotel is nothing like what I saw. I wasn't happy
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Vallery
"Ratched"
It was horrible. We had to purchase cleaning supplies to clean the room with. Sheets had stains on them. Close it down and give me my money back.
3 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
tonya
"Terrible"
Toilet didn't work properly, cockroaches in the bathroom, stains on the wall, didn't feel safe.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
elizabeth
"I would stay again"
The hotel location was excellent, neighborhood excellent, stores and restaurants all around. Good selection for breakfast, coffee served all day. What I did not like was the first room we were given the door did not lock but they immediately gave us another room without any fuss. So I have to give them kudos for that!!!!
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
Stephanie Pittman
"Not Bad"
If You are looking to book online for low rates. This is a good location. Its next to the mall, public transportation, Gas stations, restaurants, gym, Night club for the grown & sexy R&B crowd. On Friday night's its turns into a Hood zone. I was there for a week I felt comfortable. Did not like the fact that they would not give me a room on 5th Floor do to the season. They can step it up a little more on the continental breakfast. Over all its was an okay stay for the its star level. I feel that it has potential of being great.
6 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
Chet R
"Not Good"
Cleanliness is what matters most.... it was far below in it. I regret that I booked it.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Raj
"OK if you want a cheap room"
Room was run down and not clean. I opted to stay here because of the price, expecting as much. Continental breakfast was a joke (Coffee, bananas, and instant oatmeal packets).
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Jeremy
"Dispont"
No com back ,no clean ,nn cfbbcchb chn chn dhncdbvcfbxxgb chvchbcfhbxg
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"A Place to Sleep"
This place is might be good as just a spot to spend the night, but that's about it. Even the, the rooms smell like cigarette smoke and the toilet leaked. When I went to ask about the toilet, the office was closed! Website said that it had a roll away crib, but it didn't. We survived as a place to sleep, but you wouldn't want to spend any real time in there.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Sharon G
Was put in a smoking room, flies everywhere told staff after stay, one is ok , but There were small fruit flies everywhere and for a smoking room it was not very clean.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Our experience was ok. The hotel was not great, it was not bad either. It was a bed and a shower. The bed was harder than I like, but it worked. The hotel was farther from the beach than I thought, so that was a slight issue. I think next time I will get a hotel on the beach.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
denise
I think the hotel was fine. We personally were not trying to move in there so I think for my family we were satisfied.I will book there again.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
DEANA ALLEN
"can be better"
Breakfast was to early, need to get better, when cleaning rooms ,need to put clean towels after the suite attend clean the rooms other than that it's okay
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Amy H.
"Great for the price"
We were just looking for an inexpensive place to sleep within decent distance to the beach. This place worked wonderfully -- not perfect, but certainly well worth what we paid.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Not good!"
Landscape look like everything was dead you had to go to the bottom floor for ice though soda machine not operating properly
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"Great price great location"
We arrived 3 hours early thinking to just check in and wait until 3or4pm they allowed us a room immediately which after a 9 hour drive was awesome ! The hotel staff was kind and friendly we were 5 minutes away from Romanos Mac Grill Cheesecake Factory Gordon Biersch Ruth Chris and yes it was 10 to 15 minutes from beach which can be for some a inconvenience but our convenience was paying 185 dollar for three nights including Fri. Sat. We got the deal through Hotels . Com best price I'm sure I researched thoroughly for a better deal found none My wife and I love thrift shopping and we have two children so not only did we save on our hotel we saved on clothes we had a huge thrift store within 2 minutes. The breakfast was adequate . The main point was it was within a few minutes from everything and it may not be the newest it sure was cheap and adequate. We loved our stay!
3 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Brandon
"Good for the price"
Only complaint was that the ice machines didn't work. I tried 3 different floors. It wasn't until the 4th machine that did work.
3 night romance trip Aug 20, 2014