All hotels in Norfolk, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5701 Chambers St, Norfolk, VA, 23502, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.5
    2.7
    2.5
    2.2
"Close to city"
It's a budget hotel and shouldn't expect much. Very simple breakfast. I think the house keeper aren't honest. Because we forgot a small plastic package containing my wife's locket and bangles in our room (332). When I called the hotel next day the lady on the front desk told me that there is nothing in the room. That is what the house keeper told her and we are hundred percent sure we left there. We just had to give up. That was a very bad part in our stay in this hotel. Honesty is lacking in this hotel.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
B. Shrestha
"Absolutely disgusting"
This is absolutely one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in, and that says a lot (I have spent the last 12 years in the military and stayed in some CHEAP hotels). I was not expecting a very classy place, just a place we could sleep the night. Immediately upon walking through the staircase to our room, the stench of urine was HORRIBLE. There were bags of trash and the trash cans over flowing at the end of the balcony on the first AND second floor. Once I got in the room, I immediately noticed the lack of cleanliness. I step into the bathroom to investigate a noise and find that the bathtub water does not shut off. I'm not talking drips, I mean a steady stream of water. There was visible black mold in about 6 locations on the dingy walls of the bathroom. The toilet was not clean. There was sand on the floor. When I did get in to shower, there was dirt and sand on the bottom of the tub. The towels provided were literally the same size as bathmat. The mirror was dirty. The mattress was horrible and wouldn't be surprised if the sheets were still dirty. But hey at least the refrigerator worked. I paid roughly the same amount (within $15) when I stayed at a Marriott in San Diego that was waterfront. I doubt Ill ever stay at a days inn or one of their sister hotels again.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Josh
Very nasty ...when leaving the housekeepers didnt take the blankets on top of the bed..when I went to the office mag.said oh they wash them every two guest...that is nasty. I wont ever stay again
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Great for money"
Knowing its not a 4-5 star hotel, it was a pleasant stay, enjoyed the pool and had all we needed
4 night trip Jul 8, 2014
JC
Spent 3 nights. Although the area was quiet the hotel needs work. Air conditioner was very loud, hotel needs a total up grade, office and breakfast area located in a different building. Stairwell was very dirty with cobwebs and cigerette butts. Parking lot also dirty with cigerette butts and debris.
3 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
Spiders in room. Staff was watching TV while we were away. They need a landscaper bad.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Hotel Review"
Pleasant stay - lots of chlorine in the pool hurts your eyes. Noise from highway not too bad when your room door is closed. Nothing fancy about the room but comfortable. Enjoyed having a mini-refrigerator on a hot summer day.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!"
This was the worst place I have EVER stayed. Yes the rate was good but the room was filthy. Mold around the floor and on the ceiling in the bathroom. There was dirty hand prints on the bathroom walls and doors. The floors were so dirty that after showering my feet were black by the time i got n the bed. We found blood drops on one of the pillows and when I spoke to the desk clerk about this he just said he was sorry! The walkways and stairways were disgustingly dirty. This place should be shut down. And my car was broken into on the last night. HORRIBLE!!!!!!
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
Very Disgusted
I just needed a place to sleep so this did fine
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
perez
Checking in was ok. When we got to our room the staff was just finishing cleaning the room. We went in and the lights in the bathroom were burnt out. Maintenance came and fixed it right away. When we returned yo the room later at night, went to take a shower and the water would not drain out of the tub. So here is my question. If the staff cleaned the room then how did they do it with no lights and they didn't know the water didn't drain out of the tub. Went to the desk to change rooms, the girl was very unprofessional . They gave us another room. This time the water drained from the tub, but there were dirty underwear behind the toilet, and dirty pair of shorts lying on the floor. So please tell me did they really clean this room also ??????. I will never stay in one of your hotels again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
The desk clerks were very helpful but the woman tending to the breakfast was rude and did not want to be there
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Not so bad for what we paid for a night.... The beds weren't comfortable at all...they were hard as a rock woke up feeling like I had been fighting all night...asked room service for trash bags to put in trashcans she said they didn't have any....it was 3 ppl in the room she only gives us 1 hand towel 1 towel had to keep asking for more...remote to the TV didn't work went to front desk to get another one that didn't work so we call the front desk they said that maintenance will come the next morning never showed up
2 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
"Old and run down"
Leaves a lot to be desired
1 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2014
Nicholas
"Awful experience"
First room I received had mold all over the floor in the bedroom and in the refrigerator. Then I pulled down the blankets and discovered cigarette burns and hair all over. So I went to the front desk and the attendant who was very rude and after arguing with me gave me the room next door which was the same quality but included mold in the bathroom and tub this time. After going back to the desk they told me I had to take it up with expedia. The next morning our "continental breakfast" included a bag of corn flakes, a loaf of bread, and a toaster near by. Oh and warm milk to top it off.
Disappointed
"Housekeeping theft"
It's was not bad at first. I have stayed in many days inn hotels before without issue. For the cost of $50 for the night I did not have luxurious expectations. The main issue was my daughters iPod was stollen by housekeeping. Staff and management made no effort to assist and just dismissed the issue. They seemed as if this was common and nothing they could do. Just unacceptable!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Colin
"Very dirty!"
Room with a hole in the wall. There were black molding and lots of hair in the tub. Checked in at 11:30PM. Were very tired. All rooms were booked so can't get room replaced. Terrible experience. Will never stay here again!
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
LN
"needs work"
I have stayed here before. but this time my room was not clean, found empty water bottles and some dirty underwear. The room was not even dusted. I had to clean the room myself. But for the price it was not that bad. Also I stayed there a few days and had to get my room key redone each day. They keep putting one day on the key instead of 3 days. It was a little pain but I could over look it.
3 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Tony
The rooms were fine, of course I bought my own cleaning supplies but didn't need much. The guest services rep was efficient. Elevator was slow. But overall for what I got out of it, it was decent. I'll stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
"Bathroom didn't look clean at all .."
Horrible..I'll never stay here again at all. Bed was super hard, t.v. out dated bathroom didn't even look like it was clean
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
cole
"Not pleased at all."
Room appearance and condition was as if it was the 1980s. Beds were about one foot of the floor and the size of a twin sized bed. Old bed spreads and flat pillows.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
charles
"The Cleanliness of the room is a turn off."
First off, we arrived got the keys before even signing anything. So that was odd. The stairway to the next floors were all dirty, that should have been my first clue. the room, look alright until you took your shoes off. the floor had a grimy feel to it. the sheets in the bed weren't clean. in fact it was as if they took the previous guest and left the room as it was just like they had clean it....i couldnt recommend this hotel to any body....i may just have too book another hotel for the remainder of my stay.
3 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
Jonathan
We went to the beach for the weekend, couldn't find a room near the beach so stayed here. The price reflects the overall condition of the hotel. The beds were hard as rocks...the rooms needs updating badly! The staff were pleasant, but did not clean the room after first night. Simply put new towels...on the back of the toilet....It was fairly clean, but will not go back, will pay more for better accommodations next time.
2 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
"Was not happy with my stay."
My room was changed twice room door did not lock. Second room was dirty.no ice in the ice machine. Continental breakfast was nothing left.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Bed bugs issues"
Not good. See title. Staff not corporative, torn shower curtains and shower head. Sticky carpet
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Bele
"Tired, run-down property"
Hard to tell if room was really clean or not; too old and worn. Bath towel the size of a large face towel and scratchy, thin. Breakfast was as bare-bones as you could get; coffee maker in room but no cups. No ice in ice machine and no container in room for the ice! Will never stay there again.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
traveler
"Felt uncomfortable"
I would not recommend anyone to this hotel. It was cheap, but you get exactly what you pay for!! I came back to my room after my room was serviced and the housekeeping staff left their food in my microwave. When I went to speak to a manager no one could give me any information nor was I accommodated. It made me feel uncomfortable and like staff couldn't be trusted.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Horrible. Ruined our vacation."
Awful. Unruly people all hours of the night. Dirty rooms. My children were terrified to be there.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
jim
"pretty basic but have everything"
good service, not fancy at all but has all the necessary items to feel comfortable
4 night trip Jul 8, 2014
"bare necessities"
it's not the taj mahal and it reeks of cigarette smoke (even in a non smoking room) but for a one or two night stay it was doable.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Hana
"good location"
good hotel for the value. ac worked. close to Virginia Beach area. easy to find. seemed a little rundown but generally ok.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Smells cigarette everywhere. The elevator stinks and the stairs smell like somebody urinated there.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Lana
"Too scared to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I thought I booked the Days Inn hotel right on Military Hwy., but I booked the one off Military.....Everything was horrible. people were slamming doors all nite long. smelled Marajuania a couple of times. I called the next morning and got another hotel..I'm glad I did.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Debbie
"Not that bad"
We stayed during 4th of july. Check in was easy and fast. Our room was on the 5th floor. We were given 2 towels each day. which sucked for 3 people.The tv was snowy on channels , no biggie there. Housekeeping fixed our beds daily and emptied trash but no garbage liners in the trash cans ?? That's the extent to what they did .. Didn't vaccum nor clean sinks. The bed was hard and pillows were not that great.. Otherwise it was centrally located and not far from walmart or the mall,etc. The pool was small but was did fine .. not a bad place
3 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Jasmine
"Not bad"
So so, for value it is not bad. Breakfast was not that impressive. Though you can still survive. Overall I think stay was good.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Alok
"You get what you pay for"
Staff was exceptionally pleasant. Room was clean. For the rate it was a good deal.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Upon arrriving we asked to see our rooms since the outside of the facility was in poor shape. After seeing the rooms, we decided that we could NOT stay at this facility. Furniture soiled, windows dirty, elevator looked more like a dirty freight elevator than a passenger elevator. We never checked-in and informed hotel front desk of our decision. We also contacted Expedia and are awaitung a complete refund. Please remove this facility from your system- no one should be sent there. Joe Davis-
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
I did like this place. The area doesn't look secure. I would not recommend.
1 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Ana
"Smelled bad, a/c sounded like a Diesel engine"
Pretty horrible, even for the money. I wouldn't recommend staying here even to my mother in law. Room was barely cleaned: pubes in the bathtub, mold and mildew in the bathroom throughout, trash in various places in the room. This place doesn't need a renovation; it needs to be burned to the ground and started over from scratch.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
ben
Bad service.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
"Do not stay here!"
This room was disgusting! There were stains on both of the chairs and on the sheets... The sheets not only had stains but chunks of dirt on it. There was a used rag hanging from the shower and don't even get me started on the bathroom. It was so bad it went out an bought sheets from Walmart. This place gives days inn a bad name
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Not impressed"
The hotel was clean, but the overall service was horrible. The staff was not friendly or welcoming. The hotel location very close to the main highway, but the surrounding areas were creepy and scarry! I did not feel comfortable at all, specifically because I had kids with me. It didn't feel safe at all.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"You've been warned."
Spider right when I walked in. Fire Detector my last morning was low on battery and beeped and woke me up early. Front desk guy was clueless on how to react to my situation.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
jd
Older hotel, but relatively well maintained. Beds hard as boards, but I've seen much worse.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Don't book here"
A/C didn't work, toilet didn't flush, inch of dust on the non working television, mold on the bathroom ceiling, make up stains on the pillow cases. Smelt horrible. Hotel staff sucked. Didn't even end up staying more then 15 minutes.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Good Deal"
Not a bad stay for the price ($45/night) Took about 10mins to get to VA Beach where family was camping. Neighborhood not exactly "family friendly", but it served it's purpose for us.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
"Disgusting"
Ghetto hotel. Never thought that was possible I've traveled all over staying at cheap hotels and this was the first one where I had looked out the window every 10 minutes making sure my car wasn't getting broken into. There was hair all over the sink/toilet and I'm sure the bed and floor. No trash bag in the cans. And the non smoking smelt worse than an ash tray. Would I stay here again if I needed to, yeah. Would I look around more and possibly pay just a little more. Definetly.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
military male
"Yellow"
Dispite what the picture shows, the entire hotel is yellow; the outside, the rooms, and the bathroom (though that might just be stained from cigarette smoke). I knew this hotel wasn't going to be the best when I booked it, I just needed something cheap for 2 nights. I stayed in a non smoking room, but when you walked in it reeked like stale cigarettes, the bathroom smelled the worst. The bed sheets are another story, they had holes in them! From the comfitter to the basic sheets all had holes, a few were burn holes. I was honestly afraid to sleep in them. But that wouldn't have mattered, the walls were so thin it was hard to sleep anyway. They're weren't many people checked in when we stayed, so we didn't have noise from neighboring rooms, but rather if anyone was on the balcony you could hear every word they were saying. The only way to drown it out was to put he AC on, but that liked to run for 5 minutes and then turn off, which is anything but cooling in summertime in VA. Overall, I knew I was only staying here a short amount of time so I put up with the situation, but if I could have I would have went somewhere else.
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Not bad"
It was ok. There were a lot of people stomping around really late getting their rooms and bs'ing outside and it really aggravated me and my wife but we got stuck in a room next to the stairwell. It was clean enough I guess but they didn't put trash bags in the cans so we had to just dump a bunch of junk straight in. It's older too.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
The ladie at the front desk was pleasant. Rooms were very old and smelled really bad. We ask for a non smoking room but it smelled freshly somken in. AC didn't work very well. Was very noisy at the facility.
1 night business trip May 25, 2014
"Worst ever!!!!!!"
The room was nasty and there was only one working elevator. The facet had toothpaste residue on it, the hair dryer had some waxy substance on it with hair, the mirror was noticeable dirty, the sheets was not changed, there was obvious signs of makeup on the pillow cases, hair was under the liner and the sheets.The room smelled like a dog lived there. That hit you when you opened the door. I tried to switch to another room but the place was fully booked. WOW!!! Like I siad the room was nasty!!! Never again!
1 night trip May 3, 2014