All hotels in Hampton, Virginia, United States of America

Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Uncomfortable
Room was not very clean. Crumbs all over the floor and "dust" all over the bathroom sink
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2016
Deanne
"I would use them again."
It was a good value. I enjoyed the included breakfast
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2016
It was good
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2016
4 night trip with friends Dec 2, 2015
barbara
A lot was wrong with this hotel our rooms door was so bad it was almost like we were braking in to our room almost every time. We didn't have a working safe. And the WiFi was so unreliable the only place we could use it was in the lobby. The only up side was that the room was good for what we needed it for and that was a place to crash.
3 night romance trip Nov 5, 2015
"Major Issue"
For the most part Mt stay was fine. The only major issue was that when I returned to my room for the second night, a used condom that wasn't there when I left was on my night stand, it goes without saying that I was infuriated.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
"if only the booking agent n hotel communicated"
It was fine however I had to settle for non smoking room because they had none altho hotels.com Saif it was for smoking and it was too late in night to even waste time and energy and gas to find another hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Rachael
Nice hotel and staff. In need of updates and outside cosmetic repairs. But overall would stay again. Be aware that the free breakfast ends a 9:00 am or shortly before that time.
4 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
I did like it at all the sheets were soiled they took over an hour before bringing new sheets
4 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Sidonie
"Ok for a stop over"
I was visiting a friend and so didn't need anything too fancy, but it was a little run down. The staff was really friendly though and very helpful, but the hotel needs an overhaul. The door didn't close that well, was dented and the room was really outdated and old. The room, however, was very clean and the staff was very attentive to our needs. The breakfast was adequate and the waffles were great.
1 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2015
Christine
"Below average"
Staff was very nice, hotel is old, nothing new but tv's.
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
"Average"
Basic.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2015
"Great place to stay!"
We stay here every time we go to Hampton! The rooms are clean and the staff are great!
4 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Heidi
"overnight"
very nice for the price
1 night trip Sep 17, 2015
Ricky D
"one of the worse experience"
I found the room out dated, the beds questionable and the atmosphere uncomfortable.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
karen
"bedroom furniture"
The bed was very raggedy. It squeaked every movement and made it hard to sleep. Any movement we both woke up.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
shanda
"Run down"
Hotel was very run down, to be expected from a discount hotel. On paper the area seems like it would be nice, its close to restaurants and the convention center but in actuality it is a very sketchy area. I was kept up all night by people banging on the door and running back and forth, admittedly this is not the fault of the hotel, but these did not seem to be people staying at the hotel because they kept coming and going in different vehicles throughout the night. If you are looking for a prostitute or drugs then this hotel would be a great place to stay.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
Jake
"Good Nights Sleep"
After having a bad experience at Inn Town Suites not to far away, the Days Inn Hampton was very accommodating. Even help to get us the Hotels.com rate at such short notice on a busy Labor Day weekend. Hotel service was excellent and the cleaning service people were very nice!!! Enjoyed
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Tyrone
"Good location."
Check in with an old food in fridge, broken toilet. Not very clean outside
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Lena
"Stinks all over the place"
This hotel at Hampton really stinks. At the hallways, stairs... Not sure why urine smell is all over the place. Was it a drainage issue or its just the hotel. Bed linens are old.. Please change it!
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Aristotle
Dissatisfied
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
ramon
"Would use this hotel again."
I was pleased with the service after housekeeping failed to clean the room one of the days. The manager was very helpful and gave me credit for the extra days. However one of the staff members was very unprofessional and wouldn't give her name.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"Dirty, Smelly, and Dirty"
The room smelled bad, but that was not the worst of it. The room was dirty and the sheets we had to sleep on were both dirty and stained. It was very late at night so we tried to put up with it for the night. We had checked in and got the key earlier, but we did not go in the room until we got back from visiting family. When we reported it in the morning the staff agreed that it was unacceptable and told us that we would receive a refund for the second night. We wound up having to pay twice as much at the other hotel, but at least it was clean. I guess you get what you pay for. The price we originally paid for the two nights was supposed to be a special deal. What is so special about a dirty, smelly room? I have not received the credit back on my credit card, but hopefully it will show up. Even if it does not, we could not have stayed in that filth another night. I have to wonder why they were so quick to cancel out our second night???? I would have thought they would show us a nice clean room we could move to. But maybe all of their rooms are like that. I hope not for the sake of others.
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Alan
"OK Hotel"
rooms where clean; location was very convenient to my destination; breakfast was not worth waking up for;
1 night trip Aug 22, 2015
Anthony
The beds looks like regular instead of queen . the microwave did not work at all. and the breakfast in the morning not enough and not a good quality .
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Deborah
"Didn't have doors to the bathroom to small. Room"
No doors to bathroom .to small room had a old smell had to buy airfresher.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"ok place to stay."
Rooms were clean, and the staff friendly. Breakfast was nice, although, the coffee was a bit weak! For the price, I would stay there again. Really found nothing wrong with the place.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Dirty Rooms"
We had to change rooms twice before we got a room that was clean. They first booked us in a room where someone was already in the room. Had to go back and request another room. The second room had not been cleaned, and the bed was unmade. Again had to go back to registration to request another room. This time we insisted that a manager double check and so got a clean room. Never again in a Days inn. It was very pricey too!
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Dileep
"Not bad for the price.."
days inn was accommodating to my boyfriend and I at the last minute. The breakfast consisted of toaster waffles, sausage,oatmeal,cereal and fruit, not bad for what we paid. The room was pretty clean, a dbl queen room was a little tight on space but we were used to that from living in a 1 bed apt. The beds were..eh..but we slept well. We didn't spend much time in the room so it was acceptable for us.Would recommend for a quick 1-2 night stay.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Courtney
"Poorly organized, no continental breakfast"
When I arrived, there was a family interested in looking at rooms in person. Our room was book, a room number was assigned but they had already let the family into the very same room to inspect and look around to see if it was acceptable. Shortly later, that family attempted to get into our room. Also, when we arrived at continental breakfast an hour before it was to be over and there was no food left. Lastly, the lightweight blanket in between the comforter and sheet was dry rotted. We purchased a blanket at the local Target.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Toviah
"Need improve installations"
I was in this hotel about 5 years ago and it's the same condition. Another thing, breakfast time is 6 to 9 but info into the rooms says 6 to 9:30. I went to 9 am and guess what: nothing, yes nothing to breakfast... please, update all of your promos and flyers.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Ozz
"too small, bathroom too tiny"
the beds were not comfortable, needed some updating. The entrance door didn't shut properly. anyone could break in. did not feel safe.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Don't try to save a few bucks on a cheaper hotel!"
I arrived at 11pm with my kids on our to the Outerbanks. Despite a few bad reviews I booked this hotel to save a few bucks. I will NEVER do that again. Hotel was disgusting and a non smoking room smelled like an ashtray. My daughter and I had to use our inhaler. We left 30 mins later without any help from the staff on duty and drove another 2 hours to our final destination.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Monica
"Beware of No free Cancelation hotels"
I was very dissatisfied with the accommodations and service at this hotel. I was staying there with 4 children and the housekeeper refused from giving extra towels. One night we returned to an unclean room with only one bed made. It was a non smoking room that smelled like smoke. After our 3rd day there I asked for toilet paper and was told by housekeeping that wasn't anymore in the hotel building. The maintenance manager was kind enough to dig up a roll from somewhere. The washing machine did not work after I deposited $1.25. When I reported the incident to the front desk the woman treated me as if she didn't believe me and wanted to send me through too much in order to refund the money which I never got back. This place was horrible. If it weren't for the NO Free CANCELATION policy I would have left on day one. Worst hotel experience ever!
7 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Petrina
"OK, but only at the discount rate"
I do have to say that the highlight of the time in this hotel was the staff. They did their best to help with whatever request I made and were always friendly and courteous. The room was fairly clean, but the AC unit left a lot to be desired. If I tried to adjust it even a couple of degrees either I was freezing or had sweat dripping off of me. Another negative is it seemed as if "Spring Break" had moved to the beginning of August with the number of young kids about college age or slightly older who insisted on being loud and obnoxious through the early hours of the morning. Additionally the breakfast left a bit to be desired. It seemed that they were always running out of coffee, juice, milk, etc.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Dirty room-AC did not work-TV sucked-holes in the carpet-holes in the curtains--breakfast was poor!! Told house staff and reply was poor. I am sad that Expedia offers such poor service. Asked for partial refund but got nothing!!!
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Bin to better places!"
Stay was fine they shouldn't spray that nasty spray and try to make believe they changed the bed sheets when in fact they did not. Also breakfast should last later for those who sleep in.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
victoria
People who worked there were noce, but it was definitely nothing special.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Lindsey
"Close to coliseum, mall and restaurants"
Hotel was ok. Breakfast was decent, pool was clean. Rooms are small with few electrical outlets. Did have mini fridge and microwave.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"The Experience"
The hotel room was nice. It was pretty clean for the most part. It didn't really make sense how the hotel room slept four but there was only 1 bath towel and 3 face towels in the room. The breakfast was okay. I kind of expected better food. The service was great and the staff was more than helpful.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Room was nasty. Booked room for three children and two adults and had requested roll away bed. When we got to hotel no roll away bed was available and front desk did nothing. AC hardly worked and the room smelled horrible. Would of went someplace else but it was already late and not going to drag our three young kids around to find a different room.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Brent
"Dirty hotel but close to area i had to go"
this hotel needs to be cleaned up the room was in desperate need of a overhaul the rug was dirty and the walls the bathroom door was broken the walk to the room smelled like urine and it needs to be REPAIRED! !!!
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Eddie
"Our Vacation"
At first glance the Days Inn looked typical of what you would expect on the outside. Check in was fine. We are a family of five with luggage. The main office does not connect to the hotel rooms (not fun getting to office when raining). There are no elevators (only two floors). Felt unsafe walking luggage up inside an enclosed outside staircase (like a garage staircase). All walkways are open and outside the building. The bottom 12" of our room door looked like it was rusted under the paint and like it was kicked in and it was very weak. Rooms looked outdated and small. Air conditioning was a small residential style and could not keep up with the hot temperatures. We used the buddy system when outside the room for safety. We booked three nights but left after the first night.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Room was really dirty
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
helen
"Needs updating."
Nice location, Sand in both of the "made-up" beds. You can hear every noise from neighbors and breeze-way. Nice fridge and tv. Great front desk staff. Overall...6 out of 10!
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"My horrible stay"
Roach in bathroom. Coffee left in coffee pot overnight bathroom fan sounded like a motor boat
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Moldy Smelly Room"
This was our most awful hotel experience. During our stay we were moved 3 times. Our first room was moldy and had an awful smell. My pregnant wife was completely miserable and had to go out and buy Claritin due to her allergy to the mold. We arrived on a Friday late evening. The hotel was at full capacity so on Sunday around check out time we asked to be moved into a different room because of the conditions. We were informed we would be moved to the room next door and in approx. 15 min we would be able to move our things . When we move our things into the next room the lady who was doing the cleaning assured us that the bed sheets were in the wash but, would be ready for us when we arrived in the evening from the beach. We spent our day at the beached arrived 10 pm back to the hotel to find the beds completely unmade and the room a mess. Our toddler had fallen asleep in the car and we had nowehere to lay him down. My wife was tired and not feeling well. We were highly upset. The young lady from the front desk came to our room to discuss our options and apologized profusely. There was no one to help us with the beds at that time of night so, we were switched yet again. So we were transferring all of our belongings and a sleeping baby at 11pm. We checked out the next morning and were compensated for our troubles. Still, it was a very bad experience for the family.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Juan
"Decent hotel room and size"
Perfect for what we needed, sleep and breakfast! The king room was decent but it was listed as non-smoking and someone had clearly smoked in there. Also a light switch would not work at first. With a little wiggling, we got it to work.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Ashley
Not a safe area! Couldnt even come out of the room!
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Does not deserve the rates it commands"
Where to begin on this one...if you enjoy sleeping in a hoodie on top of the sheets then this is your place. The pictures presented do not begin to accurately portray this Days Inn as it exists. The pictures show a nice, albeit dated hotel, but nonetheless a place where you'd feel comfortable spending a night. This place is not that place... They fail to mention the doors barely providing any semblance of protection as they were previously kicked in by other patrons. The first room, which we had to be moved out of, had a door that had its outer shell riveted back on and only made contact at the point of the handle. Room two was not much better as you could see that the door had been kicked in as well. It flexed and did not make contact with the frame near the bottom. The carpet also had plenty of cigarette burn holes. We generally don't spend our time writing reviews but this place warrants it and hopefully it will serve to warn others.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015