All hotels in Hampton, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1918 Coliseum Dr, Hampton, VA, 23666, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.8
"Hampton stay Days Inn"
This was a nice place to stay, close to shopping and food. Nice morning breakfast, newspaper and fast internet.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Deno
"What I expected"
I have stayed in worse hotels. This one could be maintained better and maid could have left fresh towels but did not however, what does one really expect for under 50 bucks?
2 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
THE RUGS NEED TO BE CHANGED AND A BETTER SHOWER HEAD.I WAS EXPECING LARGER BEDS. BUT AS ANOTHER PERSON SAID YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. IS GOOD LOCATION TO GET TO SIGHTS.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
MARTHA
"OK for price"
Day Inn Hampton: Location is very close to the Convention Center and Coliseum. Bed was reasonably comfortable though linens and towels were a bit rough. Room was small but adequate if you just want a night's sleep. Shower worked ok. Problem with door lock was fixed immediately. Staff were friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Glenn
"Great for the Price"
The room was a little small for two people, and the electrical outlets were way too few. However, it was clean, well maintained, and I recommend it for someone one a budget.
4 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2014
John Zimmerman
Great stay looking forward to staying again
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
eric
Very average basic accomodations.Nice staff,but older facility!
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
the pictures online looked nothing like the rooms.i will never stay there again.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
amp
"ok"
Need more security on premises. Some unruly young people were present in parking lot.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Carlton
"just fair..."
When we opened the door for room #203, we smell something oddly from the room when we opened the door. The room is fairly cleaned. I didn't like the blanket under the comforter.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
"Non-Smoking Rooms are Non-existent"
The front desk accidentally assigned us to someone else's room. I realized this because the key card didn't work and the lights were already on inside the room. We were reassigned to another room, which wreaked of cigarette smoke even though it was designated as a "non-smoking" room. We were told that there were no other rooms available. We felt nauseous throughout the night inhaling the horrendous stench of the room.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Very good overall
2 night trip Sep 3, 2014
eric
"Good. But barely."
Breakfast was great. Neighborhood and location were good for traveling. Rooms were old and dirty. Not good for kids who can't stay off floor!
3 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"Days Inn Hampton, VA"
The hotel was NOTHING like the pictures online! I was unaware that all of the doors were outside, it did not feel safe, was not lit well, free breakfast was less than okay. Would not recommend.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Absolutely horrible!"
We arrived at 1:00 am, room was filthy. Hair in the drain of the shower and in the sink. Maids never took the garbage out. We left a coffee cup in our room on the second day and it was never thrown away. Very musty and moldy smelling. Supposed to be non smoking and yet two doors down people were smoking. You could push on our door from the outside (even though it was locked) and have an inch gap. Worst mistake staying in this hotel.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Good stay"
Nice room very quiet
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Shawn
"Horrible! Overrated."
I didn't feel like driving home the same day after a beach trip so I figured booking a cheap hotel for the night. There was a lot of "people" hanging out at the parking lot, cursing and yelling, I had to cover my child's ears. The building setting looks like a motel. The stairs smell like urine and are very dirty. the air conditioning system smells moldy, I woke up with pressure headache. I found a huge tick between the sheets as I was getting to go to sleep, so I had to drag my child out of bed, terrified and infuriated at midnight to go complain at the reception, I took the tick with me. They were "kind enough" to change my room but who could take away the paranoia? The night was noisy with a lot of commotion outside and someone came to our door shaking it, I was so scared! Towels were dirty with all kinds of hair on them( even though they were changed daily they still had "lint" on them) , blankets look like they have never been washed so I never used them. bathroom is outdated but with pretty good water pressure. Breakfast area is tiny with limited options. The beach is about 15-20mns away. Pool pretty clean, reception area is neat with friendly staff but hotel management needs some serious improvement as far as cleanliness and security. Overall, I will never stay at DaysInn in Hampton again. It should be rated as a Motel by the hotel rating system.
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
Novamom
"Very disappointed. Trash can on bed."
The room was barely tolerable. This particular location does not represent this Hotel chain well. Never again!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Pat
"Okay For One Night"
The accommodations were okay for a night. Some of the other guests look like bad news. I wasn't sure so I kept my mouth shut.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Visiting Parent
"My stay"
Well let me start by saying the overall experience was not what I was expecting, they didn't have internet like they offered so I couldn't really get anything done. Second the breakfast was very mediocre on account that they only served eggs and sausage. The size of the room wasn't that large, it made me think of a jail cell.
2 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
Najee
"Extremely hpset"
I found this to be one of the dirtiest and nastiest hotels I have ever stayed in. Actually I didn't even stay there. I walked in and went looking for another hotel.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Sue
"Noisy party around midnight"
There was a party around midnight on Saturday in the balcony and they made noises for hours.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Michael Chen
They had happy and helpful people at the desk our room was very clean and the pool was very clean will stay there again
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
James Roark
"Do not stay here!!!!"
We arrived at check in and directly outside was a man and woman arguing. Got to the room and there were about 10 people outside smoking, drinking and yelling on the balcony. Loud music playing at 11pm. Hotel looked very run down and dirty. We immediately turned in our key and stayed across the street at the Marriott. The only good thing was that the girl at the front desk was very nice.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Rachael
"You get what you pay for"
It's a good location because of the shops and restaurants. But it's not a place to bring your girlfriend. She will not be impressed. Even though you saved a bunch a money to take her out.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
"Awful"
The place is not a place to stay at all.. Not very good rooms and so dirty .. We will never stay again in Days Inn.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
too noisy at midnight. People talked too aloud. worn bed coverlet.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Horrible Rooms"
Very, very smelly! Cigarettes + urine smell, it smells like a bathroom in the hallway and some rooms! We had one of our rooms exchanged and it was worst than the others because the bed smelled like wet dog! Worst hotel in my life! We had our reservation canceled and got another hotel
7 night trip Jul 18, 2014
It was good. They were very accomodating when we got there late, although we did call ahead. They had a nice breakfast for us the next morning and the entire staff was very pleasant.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"disappointed and disgusted"
it wasnt worth 30 bucks let alone 80! my money wasnt refundable.., the only reason i stayed
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
What a dump. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford a decent place.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Randy
"Not a pleasant experience"
I was not impressed at all with this hotel. The staff was wonderful and very friendly but it just wasn't a nice hotel. It's supposed to be nonsmoking and the room reeked of cigarettes. The stairwell smelled horrific; like a porta-potty and was filthy. The carpet in the room was stained, the towels never smelled very clean and had hair stuck on them. The door didn't have a tight seal on it and the AC didn't work very well. To get a lower rate I had to opt for the nonrefundable option so we were stuck there. Otherwise I would have left the hotel at the first glance. The parking lot was full of potholes and the back of the hotel had a chain length fence around it with barbwire on top of it. I did not feel very safe there either. Other guests were very loud late in the night/early morning hours, music blaring, and talking/yelling. Needless to say we spent as little time there as possible. We attempted the breakfast on the first morning and it was awful and never went back. The ice machines didn't work most of the time either. The only bright side was the staff being so nice and it was in a very good location with lots of shopping and restaurants in walking distance.
5 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Angela
Check out time was a little early..and did not have enough time to enjoy the pool area
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"Not a good hotel or neighborhood"
Upon arrival we had to change rooms as they stuck us beside a hotel party and we arrived with 4 kids! we moved rooms and the curtains were ripped floors dirty just disgusting! We asked to be refunded and was told we would have to talk to the manager the next morning plus contact hotels.com. I would NOT recommend staying here as this is the worse hotel I have ever been too!!!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Crack hotel"
This was one or the worst hotels I have ever stayed at before. It first started with the front desk clerk apologizing the that elevator was broke and our room was on the second floor LOL. After opening the door I thought the door was going to fall off. Once I got past the door the room smelled completely like smoke and the water in the bathroom never stopped running. I had a frig in my room which was great for the first night. That thing stopped working the next morning. The only thing I liked was that the AC worked like a champ however, I will never ever stay at this hotel again. I would rather sleep in a tent under the hightway.
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Mister
The price was reasonable.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"Adequate accomodations"
The third star is only because the staff was very nice. The place is old and less than spotless but you get what you pay for. The "breakfast" really needs some attention - I would call it "Breakfast Jump Up" (watch Club Paradise). Again, you get what you pay for so if you just need a room this will do but don't expect much more than that.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Bim
"Loved our stay! Close to Buck Roe Beach"
My adult daughter and I flew with my three grandsons (ages 8,8,& 10) to Va from Ohio for a 3 day mini vacation. I feared that with the low cost of the room we would find it to be in a bad neighborhood with nasty rooms..... But just the opposite, we were pleasantly surprised. The free breakfast was very good, the beds were awesomely comfortable, and so were the pillows! The property was very tidy. The pool was clean and inviting with very nice pool furniture. The room was very clean and supplied well. Yes the furnishings were older and not top of the line, with older style TV. But not everything in my house is brand new either...... The staff were amazingly friendly. Our flight home wasn't until late in the afternoon and they gladly allowed us to extend our stay at no extra charge. There are all kind of stores and restaurants very close by. We felt very safe and comfortable. We would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Disatisfied"
I was truly disappointed for the nightly rate we paid I feel as though I was robbed base on what I was told over the phone.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Eric Baber
"Won't be staying here again!!!"
Let me start out by saying I was very disappointed in the condition of the Hotel. POOR, is an understatement, blankets had holes in them, the phone cord would not stay in the receiver, no bathroom tissue room smelled of dirty carpeting, the A/C did not keep the room a consistent temp, either to cold or humid. The double room was so cluttered with furniture you could barely move around, desk & chair, two arm chairs, TV/dresser w/ a too small TV, small refrigerator w/microwave on top, and off course the two double beds. Nothing like the photos on the when I registered. We stayed with two children and thank goodness for our active schedule and the pool. The complimentary breakfast was barely that, microwaved sausage patties, frozen bread and lack of coffee made for a less than desirable morning meal. Positives, refrigerator, microwave and pool. As for the staff, ALL of them had poor attitudes, NO one smiled or offered a kind word.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
VA Family of 4
"Extremely unsatisfied"
The bathroom smelled of sewer. The room in general smelled as though the staff were trying to cover up another smell. It was a non-smoking room, but as soon as you stepped out the door there was a tremendous smell of cigar and cigarette. The room was too small for the furniture. I am average size and I could barely walk between the bed and the desk/wardrobe areas. The Breakfast was mediocre at best. Eggs were microwaved frozen, the milk was warm and the bread was stale. For the exact same rate at a Days Inn less than 10 minutes away EVERYTHING was MUCH better. This hotel should be demolished and rebuilt.
2 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
"Hotel was very nice"
we enjoyed our stay (except the air conditioner was on the fritz and took forever to cool off and kept sounding like it was going to jump out of the wall). It finally did cool off enough to sleep. i reported the AC the next morning and they said they'd get someone to look at it. nice, clean, room, very comfortable bed. forgot to take my pillow from home, so was not comfortable with the choice of the six pillows on the bed, as they were all too firm. (i did see the next morning that they have other pillows i could've asked for) other than that, it is a very nice hotel and close to the outlet stores and anything else you want to see/do in Williamsburg
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Fran Sanchez
"Not the place for an extended stay."
Some ratings deserve half a star, unfortunately that's not an option. Customer service upon check in was stoic, at best. Registration was speedy but there were no smiles or warmth from the front desk staff. Upon entering the area where the rooms are located, I was greeted by the ominous stench of urine and lots of grime. The grime extended into the actual room as the carpet clearly appeared eons old. My son was immediately instructed to keep his flips on at all times unless getting on the bed. The bed itself, once turned down revealed visibly dirty sheets. I promptly stripped the sheets off and walked toward the bathroom only to find the floor covered with hair. At that point I cleaned the floor with one of the wash cloths given. The floor turned out to be dirtier that I thought. I deposited the dirty sheets and wash cloths in a basket I had with me took them to the front desk. Avoid if possible, there are several other hotels in the immediate vicinity.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Jenn
"Hampton Jazz June 2014"
This was my second time staying at this hotel for the Hampton Jazz I only stay one night the cost was great for the type of hotel, I like staying at this hotel when I come down to the Hampton Jazz the hotel is located walking distance to the Shows and every year they hold a after party outdoor pool party I love it....I look forward to next year.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Stay Every Year Hampton Jazz
air condition leaked and didn't realize it was soaking floor room 207 until next morning when items were wet. Informed front desk at checkout
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
room smelled terribly, old disgusting hotel
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
I did not like this facility and I would not recommend it to anyone.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Room was a non smoking room but smelled like cigarettes. Had to go to Target and get air freshener. I had a 2 day stay and after the first day they deactivated my room key, thankfully they fixed it right away. I did like that it was near shopping and food. For the price I paid it was OK
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Tammy
"Great hotel but just ok."
I thought that the room was ok, but carpet needed cleaning and windows needed to be washed. The desk staff was helpful and courteous. The breakfast was not very good, but with so many eateries in area no problem. I just needed some place to rest my head and this hotel provided that and a little more. Let me give kudos to the desk staff. Always courteous and willing to help with recommendations and computer (Ms. Brianna). Dynamite with computer.
4 night romance trip Jun 26, 2014
"Unexpected entertainment"
This Days Inn is what I would consider a low average site. The location is close to the coliseum and quite convenient to food and other options. The room was adequate, but not great. It was clean and the staff was friendly. First 2 nights were fine, but at 4 Fri. afternoon loud music and a DJ started blaring from the pool area. Our room overlooked the pool. We left at 6 and returned after 10, thinking that since the pool closed at 10, the music would stop as well. IT DIDN'T!! We called the front desk and was told it would go on until midnight! We had an early morning trip scheduled. We checked with the police and found that the decibel level needed to be lowered at 10, so called the front desk about 11:15 and mentioned that. The word police got their attention and the music was turned down from blaring to simply loud. Long story short, it finally ended at 2 am!! We made several more calls to the desk complaining, but to no avail. Sat. afternoon when we returned from our excursion, we went to the front desk to complain. (The music was apparently about to start up again!) Their excuse was that they had this "party" every year about this time (local Jazz Festival at the coliseum). I pointed out that there was nothing in their on line information or posted in their lobby concerning this. We asked for a refund for Fri. night and opted to check out. We were not satisfied with the refund options they offered, but were not about to stay another night there.
5 night trip Jun 25, 2014