All hotels in Hampton, Virginia, United States of America
1918 Coliseum Dr, Hampton, VA, 23666, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

2.8
"You get what you pay for"
We got a non-smoking room and it smelled like smoke, my suitcase still smells like smoke just from being in the room. The room wasn't completely cleaned, there were old/used wash cloths hanging on the shower rod and the trash cans weren't emptied. I didn't expect a 5-star hotel room, but I at least expected it to be clean and presentable. I will pay the extra money to stay somewhere else next time for sure.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"You get wht you pay for."
The heat did not work in the room. The nights were cold and the unit did not work properly. The shower had types of hair on the walls and shower curtain. In addition, the bed linens had hair present as well. Overall, if my time at the hotel was more involved than I would have complained to the front desk and having to move rooms could have lowered my safety standards, because our party was grouped together.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Jamie
The stay was pleasant but the quality of the hotel was disappointing.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Cleanliness"
We find trash under the bed The stairs had smell of urine
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"My time"
Ok needs updating
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
"Love the City of Hampton but the Hotel Not So Much"
We arrived late, and the supervisor for the evening was checking us in. The good thing he was very delightful and nice! He placed in the back portion of the hotel. You do not want to stay in the back!!! As we were unloading our items, gunshots rang out near the hotel. There are some people that live in the hotel. It was weird, there was someone hiding behind the bushes picking up something that someone dropped off. We went to the front office and they changed our rooms immediately to their "upgraded room", which wasn't much of an upgrade but it eased our stay. The rooms in the back are not safe, and the knob and door was slightly adjured to bad repair..I guess. If you do stay at this hotel, I would recommend asking for a room in the front a much safer experience.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Courtney
"Will return year after year! A++"
I stayed at this hotel for the second time for Basslights, first in 2012 and chose to book at this hotel again this passed year for these very simple reasons: hotel service was on point, extremely friendly and very helpful. the rooms are cozy, include the essentials like fridge with freezer. But my main reason I will continue to go back to the Days Inn each year is because they are so welcoming! "Welcome Bassheads" out front is one thing, but dealing with a sold out hotel all for one weekend event in such a calm and collective manner is why I give you guys an A++. All the hotel service workers deserve a bonus after that weekend! (December 27-29, 2014)
2 night trip Dec 27, 2014
Danielle
"Average"
Room was sorta clean, there was beach sand on the bathroom floor...its was January. Wi-fi was good as well as the breakfast. Plenty of dinner options nearby.
2 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
"Not bad for the price"
Breakfast was a bit weak but ok for the price.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Jon
"Hampton Days Inn need to do better"
The first room the toilet wouldnt flush.Manitance responded quickly. But it took all day before they could move me to another room. And them the room they move me to the heat did not work and the door had a big open gap at the bottom of the door i had to pack the gap with a towel.
3 night trip Jan 2, 2015
"Walking distance from the Hampton colesium"
The hotel was very close to the Hampton colesium, which allowed for a great weekend. The beds were comfortable and the hotel staff was nice, but the bathroom was outdated and the shower was leaky. Overall I had a good experience
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
lindsey
"Great hotel close to Hampton Coliseum and Shopping"
We always choose Days Inn when we visit Hampton, VA. The room was very clean and comfortable. They have a great breakfast too. On top of that, the cost is very reasonable.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Portia
"Good Value"
Nice hotel with very reasonable rates. Nothing fancy, just a clean place to sleep while visiting friends and family. Worth what you pay for it.
3 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Anthony
"I've been in worse...And much better"
The ongoing exterior noise was disturbing. The bed was uncomfortable.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Derrick
"Close to Hampton Colisium"
The young lady who checked me in was very thoughtful and caring.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Good Stay"
Pleasant Stay. No need to complain.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2014
"decent but could be better"
Overall it was fine for the money. The continental breakfast was just the basics and they were not prepared for the rush they had for neko con. We waited 20 min for fresh food to be put out. Our non smoking room smelled like cigarettes.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Not the worst place to stay but..."
This hotel is a good choice if no other decent hotel is available. Staff was great, although you have to go to the front desk (which happens to be in a seperate building) if you need anything. The room was not too bad, however the beds were terrible. Very noisy and old. As I said, this hotel is good for a last minute resort. Other than that, I do not plan on staying again. This Hotel is in need of a major renovation.
"Nov 2014"
Hotel needs a through cleaning! There was mildew in the bathroom shower area. The bedding is dated and worn. The staff was excellent, very polite and helpful.
3 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Hotel was extremely outdated. Carpet, bathroom, TV, Bed, Linen, Mattress, Furniture all outdated and needs replacements.
2 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
joyce
"Convenient stay."
Very convenient to what I intended to do. Desk staff was very nice. Hotel is a little dated but good for the price.
Audrey
"My thoughts"
It provided us with a place to lay our heads but the overall experience wasn't very pleasant. It has a bit of a run down appearance. People were running by the room half the night; loud talking. On a positive note, the staff were VERY friendly.
Deborah
"Lavon4321"
location was great for where the hotel was I need some updating and also for the front desk people they need to find better looking staff because one of the staff members look like she was having a bad day and she look disheveled and she was very rude to me only thing that is is that it was a great place to be quick to get to everything the price was good they just need to update everything everything was old fashioned and that's really was it
3 night trip Oct 30, 2014
strong
"Too Old To Stay!"
The room was a throw back to 1970 and was awful. Furniture and fixtures worn and dated! Location needs facelift badly!I definitely won't be staying during my University Home Coming stay next year!
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
CHARLES
"ok room.not great not nasty."
Non smoking room was oviously a smoking room due to the smell and cig burns.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Ronald
"Good Location, Good service staff. Needs Remodelin"
The staff was very friendly and patient. The hotel/motel itself needs some serious upgrades, considering the location is very good for business especially during weekends, and events.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Samuel
"Not Bad"
The stay was not bad. I think the breakfast could have better products. Microwave eggs that took almost 10 minutes to cook. Something is not right with that. Maybe sausage without pork. The room was great besides the LOUD bed. It was horrible to roll over and hear the bed squeak so loudly in your ear. You may want to change the springs or something. But the stay was fine. Besides those 2 things. Thanks a bunch for everything.
2 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"You get what you pay for..."
If staying at the Days Inn Hampton you are not looking for quality and you are not going to get it. Its fairly clean although the rooms show age. Its in a central location which benifits those that stay there.The staff is pretty friendly and helpful. The cleaning staff did not clean my room one day during my last stay and left a note saying that I never answered the door. I could not answer the door because I left the room at 8am not to return until 10pm.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Weekly Travel
"Repairs needed"
Repairs needed - Ice machine on 2nd floor was broken; sink basin was cracked; tile was pulling away from the wall where the curtain rods fasten to the wall making the shower rod loose; room safe was without key and therefore inoperable; one lamp was inoperable (broken at the switch); bed springs squeaked; room serve missed my room after my first days stay (I had to call front desk for clean towels, soap and shampoo when I returned at 6 PM - this was addressed promptly).
2 night trip Oct 16, 2014
"No lights"
First room no lights working. Than the second room rugs dirty, door bend at top and bottom. I've been there two years ago and they haven't up grade their hotel. Thsy need to upgrade very bad..
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
shep
"DID NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL / COULD NOT GET A REFUN"
The rooms are run down, mildewy smell, holes in window treatments, dirty windows, missing door handles, TV missing buttons, and bad people element hang out in parking lot. I did not stay at the hotel. I ended up going to another hotel in Newport News.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Shannon
"A good stay"
Good stay
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Pernell
"good place to stay"
Over all the hotel and the staff are great. My only complaint is that we have stayed here several times over the past few months and they serve the same thing for breakfast, all the time. It never changes.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Decent night sleep"
Staff was friendly, room smelled like smoke but was clean... kind of dingy but not dirty. For 50 bucks per night though, works for me. If i had my kid or girlfriend along, would have preferred something a little more bright/fresh.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
"Hampton Parent Quick Stay"
I just this hotel twice within 30 days, she's a freshman at Hampton. I knew I wouldn't spend much time in my room so it was perfect. No noise, full breakfast and pool but didn't have time to use. Clean sheets and towels. It is right down the street from a great mall. I have no complaints it served it purpose and the staff were really nice and cordial. Definitely will be staying here again to help spend more money on her.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Deniece
"Enjoyed Our Stay"
We stayed four nights and we were very comfortable. It's not fancy but for the price, we didn't expect it to be. The rooms were old but they were clean and in good condition. The hotel is located within walking distance to shopping and restaurants.
4 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Disgusting"
Yellow sheets and curly black hairs in the bed - nasty!
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"mall, restaurants, and clubs in walking distance"
I had a pleasant stay. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly and accommodating.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2014
Harold Buford-Clark
"Hampton stay Days Inn"
This was a nice place to stay, close to shopping and food. Nice morning breakfast, newspaper and fast internet.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Deno
"What I expected"
I have stayed in worse hotels. This one could be maintained better and maid could have left fresh towels but did not however, what does one really expect for under 50 bucks?
2 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
THE RUGS NEED TO BE CHANGED AND A BETTER SHOWER HEAD.I WAS EXPECING LARGER BEDS. BUT AS ANOTHER PERSON SAID YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. IS GOOD LOCATION TO GET TO SIGHTS.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
MARTHA
"OK for price"
Day Inn Hampton: Location is very close to the Convention Center and Coliseum. Bed was reasonably comfortable though linens and towels were a bit rough. Room was small but adequate if you just want a night's sleep. Shower worked ok. Problem with door lock was fixed immediately. Staff were friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
Glenn
"Great for the Price"
The room was a little small for two people, and the electrical outlets were way too few. However, it was clean, well maintained, and I recommend it for someone one a budget.
4 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2014
John Zimmerman
Great stay looking forward to staying again
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
eric
Very average basic accomodations.Nice staff,but older facility!
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
the pictures online looked nothing like the rooms.i will never stay there again.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
amp
"ok"
Need more security on premises. Some unruly young people were present in parking lot.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Carlton
"just fair..."
When we opened the door for room #203, we smell something oddly from the room when we opened the door. The room is fairly cleaned. I didn't like the blanket under the comforter.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
"Non-Smoking Rooms are Non-existent"
The front desk accidentally assigned us to someone else's room. I realized this because the key card didn't work and the lights were already on inside the room. We were reassigned to another room, which wreaked of cigarette smoke even though it was designated as a "non-smoking" room. We were told that there were no other rooms available. We felt nauseous throughout the night inhaling the horrendous stench of the room.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014