All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
1605 S Dayton Ave, Ames, IA, 50010, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

2.8
The room was very clean! But I showed up at 6:15 pm with my toddler only to be told I could check in but couldn't get in my room yet because it hadn't been cleaned. I think that's a little ridiculous especially since there check in time is 2 pm!
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Alyssa
"Excellent Hotel"
It is a lovely hotel, much better than I excepted. The staff was helpful and breakfast lasted past 9 every day.
4 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Paula
"Large Room"
The tub needs to be replaced and the faucet dripped constantly. Otherwise the room was large and comfortable. Easy access from the interstate.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"June Stay"
We stayed Thursday-Sunday for a family wedding in Nevada. Pleasant check in service. Hotel was quiet which we appreciated. Rooms could use updating. Nice to have in-room wifi included at no extra cost. Might be coincidence, but my husband experienced spam on his business computer following our stay. I called the hotel to report the possibility their internet was compromised and the manager became very defensive.
Response by Baymont Inn & Suites Ames
Thank you so much for the kind words and your review of our Baymont Inn and Suites in Ames, IA. Our biggest priority is to provide our guests with exemplary service and I am glad that we were able to provide you with such a comfortable stay. I concur with your comments, we are proud of our team members, their friendliness and professionalism. We strive to really understand the needs of our guests and train our associates continuously to make sure they excel in our service culture training that focuses on professional and friendly guest service, housekeeping and maintenance of our property, cleanliness; We look forward to welcoming you back to Ames, IA soon and we hope you’ll stay with us at the Baymont Inn and Suites Ames IA.
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
"Great value for the money."
Very pleasant stay,room and bath very clean.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Very nice beds. Still redoing the rooms but very quiet. Would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2015
"Not the greatest"
when we looked on hotels.com it showed the hotel a lot nicer than it was. I mean a lot nicer. We got there and it was kinda run down. The reason we chose that hotel was because it looked nice in the pictures and because the pool area looked great and had a hot tub. The pool area was small. Cracked everywhere. The hot tub was out of aervice because they said they were putting in a fitness room. Rooms were clean but the beds were super uncomfortable. Which most hotel beds are. The staff was friendly. i feel hotels.com let us down more that the actual hotel did.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Overnight stop"
Very friendly staff.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Randy
"Not enough for the $."
Comfortable bed and clean room, but overpriced.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Not bad for price rooms were great lobby and hallway could use updates
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Not recommended for stay! Needs upgrade!"
This hotel is not a place I would recommend for a stay if heading into Ames. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but this place was still disappointing. This is a $45/night hotel, not a penny more. I will say the beds were very comfortable, and the room itself was fairly clean. The bathroom was tiny and the door wasn't able to be opened all the way without wedging it under the shower curtain rod. The hotel also had a distinct odor emanating from the lobby that wasn't pleasant, but thankfully didn't linger into the rooms. The orange juice/apple juice machine needs to be cleaned ASAP! The taste of the dirty hose was prevalent in both juices. Also, the pool was not something I would swim in. If you are a college student in town for a football game, this is a fine place. If you are looking for anything above that, stay somewhere else!
DelFuego
"Hotel needs attention to details."
When I arrived the bathroom sink was dirty. When I ran water, the water did not drain in the sink. The bathtub faucet dripped all night. The tissues in the tissue holder were completely soaked with liquid. There was no heat and did not see any way to adjust the heat.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"OK if you are looking for a cheap room."
Room was great, newly remodeled and smelled surprisingly better than I expected (like new carpet, etc). They are in the process of renovating because there was a lot of furniture outside the outside access door we used. Rocks in the "landscaping" were big and hard to walk on, very odd, nothing stopping them from rolling all over the parking lot and it was a little hill to walk up/down as you left your car to get to the sidewalk to walk inside. Pool area left A LOT to be desired. The hot tub is out of order and a sign at the front desk says it will be replaced with an exercise room. I was not about to get in the pool after seeing it, however my boys did and they were fine with it. If you stay in your room, you'll be pleasantly surprised with how nice it seems the hotel is! At breakfast, I had to ask them to wipe off two of the three tables so we could eat. Not much selection, but it was enough to get us through until lunch: waffle iron, bananas, yogurt, cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, coffee, milk and juice.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Don't stay!!!"
We were not told it was under construction, old rolls of carpet in hallways, dressers in stairwell, place was dirty, hot tub out of order, pool area dirty! Room was clean. Help was not friendly and breakfast was a joke!!! The juice was spoiled!!!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
g
Recently remodeled, nice rooms, would stay again.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Perfect One Night Stay"
Hotel was nice for a one night stay. Could see that renovations were taking place. Check-in was fast and painless. Staff was friendly. Upon entering room, room was clean and room was comfortable. Beds were comfortable and were new. Shower was amazing with hot water. Once again, you could tell renovations were occurring which was evident with missing trim boards and a few outlets not working. Breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast but it was stocked and areas were clean. Maybe could have used a few more tables. Overall, this hotel was a good stay for what we needed.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Meh."
everything about this hotel was mediocre at best. A girlfriend and I went to relax and hang out in the hot tub--which was no functioning and being turned into a fitness room. The breakfast was sparse and unimpressive. The staff were nice enough and the rooms were fine, but nothing special.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Don't go there."
Everything in the lobby was dirty - the furniture and floor and the gentleman behind the counter even had on dirty clothing. I knew immediately there was no way I would spend the night in any of their rooms.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Shirley
"disappointed"
Our toilet wasn't flushing and the water in the tank wouldn't refill and there was no on on staff available to fix it. Since the hotel was booked, there was no room available to switch to either. We booked a room with 2 queen beds, but they were the size of double beds. The hot tub was being taken out and turned into something else.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Lori
"pleasant surprise"
The hotel is under renovation but waste than comfortable. The staff was friendly and courteous. We would definitely stay again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2015
"Horrible"
This hotel is apparently under new ownership and is going through some major growing pains. Upon my arrival, I first noticed windows with ripped screens and yellow stained curtains. Through some of the windows I could see piles of mattresses stacked and other windows with torn curtains. I made my way in only to be overcome with running and screaming kids throughout the entire filthy lobby as well as the smell of vomit and disinfectant. I turned around and walked back out to my car. I couldn't even imagine staying at this location. I thought it was very dirty and there was no order in the lobby whatsoever. Never made it to my reserved room.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
chelsea
"New owner not worth it"
Hotel was being remodeled so room was missing basic amenities. Other basics like the spa pool were not open. Overall fairly disappointed.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Week At the Ames Baymont Inn"
I was very disappointed after checking in and walking to our room. The hotel was under constructions and the smell of new paint was overpowering. I was planning to look for another place the next day. However, after finding breakfast acceptable and the smell of paint dissipating, I decided to give it another day. I am glad we did stay another day. The hotel staff was particularly helpful in printing out documents we needed, parking was good and, with the paint smell almost gone, we were happy with our stay. I would stay again.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"ISU"
Will look for another site next time
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
garland
"Not a pleasant place to stay"
I checked in late at night, the desk person was on the phone clearly not interested in helping the person on the phone find the hotel, Once she hung up she was mildly interested in checking me in, The hotel at first appearance was a major disappointment, very small, very rough conditions, made me regret my online choice immediately This should be a one star property Old, finishes in the hotel were sloppy, trim paint carpet, the breakfast area had no seperation from the lobby and entryway and was very cold feeling, (Not temperature but atmosphere was cold). The room was extremely basic, it was a bed and a bathroom thats about it.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
JP
"Rebranded Comfort Inn. Not a Baymont experience."
This is not a typical Baymont, nor is it the Baymont that used to be in Ames. Rusty fixtures. Wallpaper stripped from hallways, no microwave or refrigerator, and Comfort Inn furnishings (cups, towels, etc.). Feels like a bait and switch, considering how good the original Baymont used to be (different location).
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
lionvoice
"Not as expected."
The hotel was under renovation. Smell smoke in the hall. Paint fumes! One of the beds mattress sagged in the middle and the room refrigerator made so much noice we had to turn it off. The fan in the bathroom ran but did not seem to work. Breakfast selection limited. Hard Boiled eggs wer peeled in the refrigerator. Staff at front desk pleasant.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
michele
"Great value"
Good value for the price. Very comfortable beds with new bedding and very clean room. Breakfast was good and area was very clean.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
susan
"Nice for the price"
Needs some updating but clean and comfortable for the night. Pool and hottub worked and were acceptable.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"A pleasant stay in Ames, Iowa"
Very helpful desk people in the lobby, a good clean room with a comfortable bed. Breakfast did not measure up, in choices or quality, to that of the personnel or the room.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Stanley G
"Bad Experience"
The room and beds were clean and comfy, but the front desk person was rude and we didn't receive a very warm welcome. The pool looked terrible, so we didn't even go in it. We were only staying over night for a college tour in the morning, so it served it's purpose of a place to sleep, but if I would have had to spend more time there than I did, it would have been terrible. My daughter and I walked the night we got there and the girl at the front desk snapped at my daughter, who was only looking for a bathroom. We had just driven a long way from MN, so that turned us off right away.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Tee
The room was very clean, however, the hotel needs some updating.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Convenient hotel location close to highway"
This is a nice quiet hotel with a fair level of cleanliness and decent accomodations. It has the hot breakfast which is a great bonus. The pool was small and cleanliness of pool area was questionable; but it was overall far better than lesser priced hotels we have recently stayed at. We would stay here again.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
family of 4
Very clean and fresh looking. Nothing fancy but exactly what we were looking for. Excellent price. Nice breakfast. Polite staff. Very happy.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Needs a good scrubbing"
Surely not worth the current rate. Moldy tile in the bathroom, rooms need a major up dating, pool area was very small and a ton of extra stuff floating in the pool. The hot tub was big enough for 4. Paint was peeling and sand in the hot tub. Do not be fooled by the pictures.
1 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2014
we had a very relaxing stay which was great. we will come again in the future.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great place for quick trip"
Only needed basic accommodations for one night while traveling through. Arrived late and left early but this one suited our needs for this trip.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Convenient acces to our event"
The air conditioner in our room was not working properly, had it turned down to the max and it was still warm and humid in our room. It was so humid the carpeting was damp. The location was fine, breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast, but the time spent in my room was horrible.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Adequate for a night's stay"
Having stayed at most of the hotels on S. 16th St. in Ames a time or two, this one certainly ranks nearer the bottom of the stack. It's just a bit older and outdated. Small eating area up front, terrifically slow WiFi, and loud A/C units, but it's a clean place to stay for a night.
"Not so much"
Not worth the $95.00 per night they charged me!
3 night trip Jun 2, 2014
Patrick
"Worked for us"
Our stay was enjoyable for the most part but there are a few things that didn't live up to up to expectations. The mattresses were very uncomfortable and there was a strong smell in the lobby/hallways. Our room was clean but the bathroom was VERY small (door almost hits the stool). Room was updated and well taken care of. Though the staff was pretty friendly I am not sure we would stay again. It was also VEISHA weekend so we took what we could get.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
nice, clean rooms big comforters on the beds
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Average hotel, below average hot tub"
The hot tub was very small only holding three adults. The paint was peeling and chipped around it, there was a strong chemical smell, and it was the perfect size that should be in each room. My son and I filled the tub with little room to spare. I booked this hotel because they had a hot tub but I had no idea it was this small. The pool looked nice but we did not use it. The paint on the door going out of the pool area was peeling and looked rusted out. The hotel is dated. The walls need some paint and some wall paper was peeling. The bathroom was small and took some effort to maneuver around inside of it. The room was clean, though, and I thought the beds were comfortable. The alarm clock was the easiest hotel alarm clock I have ever used. The breakfast is fantastic. I had just started a wheat-free diet and they had eggs and sausage. They also had cereals, toast, pastries, and waffles. My son and I both found plenty to eat. This hotel is about 10 minutes from the school.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"yes, right off the hwy."
very comfortable.
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2014
Jeanette Koester
"Near Interstate Highway"
While most attributes were at least tolerable, it is far from a two star experience. The Hot Tub was not work during our three day stay! The staff was notified numerous times, never did see any type of maintenance crew. I have stayed at much better sites, at the same or lower rates. MANY other hotels are located within walking distance of this facility. Our next trip will utilize one of those.
3 night trip Jan 23, 2014
Robert F. Iske, Sr.
"Hotel for visit to ISU"
The room was fine. It was clean. The staff was helpful.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Alarm clock was on at 12am!"
The room was nice and clean, the service was fine and breakfast was decent but the alarm clock was on at 12am and that really put a damper on our night experience! I would also make one remark concerning the coffee machine in the room. At a time when we are becoming increasingly aware of the SERIOUS need to reduce our waste, each room in this hotel is equiped with a coffee machine that includes a disposable plastic tray for each cup of coffee! This is insane and unnecessary!
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Convenient but not wonderful"
The location was great as we were going to visit Thomas the Train. However, their were spider webs above our shower in one room and the other room's shower didn't drain well. The hot tub smelled like B.O. rather than chlorine and there wasn't an elevator which made it very difficult to get all of our luggage to the second floor. Tables in the breakfast area were nice. Breakfast was good and organized well. Overall, an okay stay, but could've been better, especially for the price.
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2013
"Ugh!"
Our first room was right next to the pool and we could hear everythign through the wall. I was traveling with an infant so napping wouldn't have been easy. When I asked to move the clerk was not helpful at all and very begrudgingly moved us. The second room was much small, had no fridge, and reeked of smoke. I'm used to hotel beds not being very comfortable, but this one was so awful. I woke up all night with an aching back. The pillows were super lumpy. There was no place to sit at breakfast. Overall, I was VERY disappointed in my stay.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Christy
"Decent Hotel"
The kids enjoyed the pool, but it was freezing cold. The hot tub was small but nice. The continental breakfast was a very good one. The price was a little high. The room looked nice.
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2013