All hotels in Sunrise, Florida, United States of America
13600 Nw 2nd St, Sunrise, FL, 33325, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"Stay away from smoking room floor!"
I stayed at this hotel several times this year and this stay was very uncomfortable. I was given a room close to some smoking rooms and the sent of cigarette smoke was very high at nights and this made the stay very uncomfortble
2 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Navin
"It's all about the shopping"
Clean hotel, located reasonably close to the Sawgrass Mills area (you still need a car.) Reasonable rates, decent room and facilities. The hotel didn't want to accept packages on my behalf (reason why the staff only got a 4 rating) but otherwise the staff are pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast is included and will get you going, but the variety is sparse. The room doesn't have a safe so you'll need to make other arrangements. Otherwise, a decent hotel for the price. Note that there is another La Quinta across the road so you need to be sure which one you're actually staying at!
Other trip May 11, 2015
Carl
"Review"
The room is always nice at this location, the elevator is slow and there was a crew working on polishing the floor for several hours, it was slippery although they did have fans running. I would have suggested doing this over night instead of during checkin time at the front desk area. I also do not like that the only ice machine is on the first floor.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"clean and friendly hotel"
Our family stayed one night just stopping through the area for a one night rest. The hotel and staff met our needs and I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Greg
"Perfect location"
This is our 5th year staying at this hotel. Each year it gets better!! The hotel service is always nice and friendly!! Plenty of parking, close to coffee shop and food, walking distance!! Will stay again and again!!
6 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
"Good Place to Sleep"
It's a nice hotel. The beds are very soft. The room is a bit cramped for 4 people but one or two would be perfect/
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"An option close to SAWGRASS MILLS MALL Sunrise FLA"
I chose the hotel considering the rate and location close to Sawgrass Mills and Pembroke Pines. This trip purpose was just shopping and the hotel location was perfect to move near considering Florida's good highway facilities. Renting a car is a must, otherwise you're not able to go anywhere!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Rosie
"Good stay"
Very nice newer facility. I arrived very late Saturday night and there was no parking. However, front desk made arrangements for me. The area is outstanding and very safe but not close to the beach or anything. Highly recommend. This is my second stay here.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2015
"Perfect nights stay"
Everything was better than expected. Staff were great, the room was spotless. The bed was more comfortable than home. I am a very fussy customer and I was surprised. The breakfast was nothing great but it was a nice bonus. It's about $50 each way the airport, but worth it.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Grahame
"Bad hotel"
Didn't stay!!! Room smelled horrible, very old.
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"weekend fun"
Very comfortable bed. Nice staff. Breakfast options should be available up to closing though.
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Good hotel close to the BB&T center."
Good service, pleasant room, air conditionning good. The hotel should get rid of carpets in the near future, creating some allergies to guests.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Ray.
Did not meet my expectations especially a closet for a bathroom
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"The best in a long time."
It was quiet just how I needed it. And the bed most of all of course you can tell is been slept in I stayed at the Hilton at 300+ a night and it's the same way.. but I have to say this bed was way more comfortable than the Hilton and I stay in the suites. Check out was 12 which usually at other hotels they want to kick you out early and to me that's such bad hospitality especially when you pay so much for a night. But not LA Quinta. I enjoyed it and definitely will go back very soon
2 night trip Mar 6, 2015
Christy Lynn
"Our stay was fine."
Great for its category.
1 night family trip Mar 3, 2015
"Decent room, close to the BB&T Center."
A little overpriced ( I booked waaay late so I took what I got). I saw a review that said 150 bucks for a 75 dollar room. yeah that about covers it. It was clean, close to the BB&T center and the staff at the front desk ( daniel I think...manager??) He was very personal and deserves a raise:)
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Don't stay here unless the rate is $50 or less"
Smoke- First room we were given smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. This is after 1) booking a non-smoking room 2) adding a note to the reservation requesting non-smoking and 3) after I reiterated to the woman at the front desk it was important. I returned to the front desk and was reassigned a different room. Thank you, it doesn't smell of smoke. Bathroom. The non-slip peice they installed has a black line around it where the adhesive has collected dirt grime etc. Disgusting! The shower head has been installed so it comes down to about 5'8". I'm only 5'7" so it was ok, not great if you're taller... Warning your water temperature will go from scalding hot to freezing cold depending on the water uses outside your room. Only positive about the bathroom, good water pressure. Beds pillows and comforter were less than expected at a La Quinta (I've stayed at 3 different La Quintas) in the past 6 months. The reviews about the neighborhood being sketchy are correct. I wouldn't have been comfortable stayig there by myself (my husband was with me). Overall I wouldn't stay here again. I also would recommend to travel further or spend more. We paid $170. About $120 overpriced.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
Jane
"Okay, not as bad as I thought it would be"
I was reluctant at first to stay at this hotel because of previous reviews, but I needed to stay close to my conference location near Sawgrass Mills so I booked it. First it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it could have been better. On the outside the hotel looks good. The neighborhood is great. I am a woman and didn't feel scared at all. The check in staff was very friendly and the checkin process was great as I booked through Hotels.com. Now the cons: The hotel is in need of an upgrade. The hallway and room carpets needed to be professionally cleaned or removed. The mattress had a dent in the middle and you literally feel like you were rolling into the center. I did sleep ok but I could not sit on the edge of the bed. There really is a smoking smell when you get off the elevator on the 4th floor, but admittedly I did not smell any smoke in the room. Lastly, I think they need more cleaning staff. I left at 8am to go to my conference and returned at 5pm and my room still had not been cleaned. Again the cleaning staff were pleasant, just not fast. Not sure if I was expecting too much since I usually stay at more classier hotels (really I am not trying to sound stuck up, just being honest). Also the breakfast was the usual continental breakfast. Overall I was ok with the stay, I didn't expect much so I was not overly disappointed. I was gone most of the day at the conference and only slept in my room.
4 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Joelle
"Exactly what I needed"
Perfect. After staying in a less than pleasant location in North Miami Beach, this was a very welcomed reprieve!
2 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Zachary
"Came for the concert, got a good night sleep"
Very clean, but most important to us, it was very close to the bb&t center. Had a fridge, and microwave in the room. Breakfast was good. Beds very comfortable too.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Jane
"A plus. The taxi driver was above and beyond"
Just one night to go to bbt stadium for concert
1 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
Belinda
"Average stay"
Drove over with a friend for shopping & a birthday celebration. Just average place for the money. Did not have a blanket in the room in case one likes it cooler than the other. There also was no condiments in case you want to make coffee in the room.
1 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015
"House hunting"
Great Hotel. I read a lot of bad reviews of this hotel. I tried it and I loved this hotel. The staff were very kind, professional, courteous, and helpful. I stayed at this hotel because my wife and I are re-locating and were house hunting in the neighborhood. We stayed there 3 days. The breakfast is all carbs, my wife and I are meat and potatoes people. We went out to eat breakfast.
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"HOME AWAY FROM HOME"
excellent this is stay #3 at this hotel so ca safely say its becoming our home away from home in fort Lauderdale. :) , excellent location nice friendly staff great accommodation.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice hotel at a very reasonable price"
Appreciated the staff and their interest in helping me with all my needs.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Jared
"Staff was awesome"
Hotel staff was great . Had to print something but no business center so the manager let me go into the office to print. Hotel was nice for price.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
mike
"Very Nice"
We stayed here 2 nights before a cruise and would recommend it. The hotel was very nice with big rooms. We enjoyed the breakfast and it was fairly close to shopping and other food options.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Good Deal"
Comfortable stay with everything I needed in place....clean room, quick and adequate breakfast, responsive staff, quick and easy check-in and check-out.
2 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"Ok hotel hallways rundown rooms ok at best"
Not impressed dirty hallways run down rooms just ok.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Close to The mall, but poor cofeebrake and old."
I can recomend for a 2 day stop by to shopping at The sawgrass.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Good value proposition"
Excellent location for those visiting the sawgrass outlets. Hotel has good functionality and easy access. Breakfast was not a good experience. The hotel was packed (Christmas Holiday) and there were too many people for a small area. Also, the stools were flimsy almost dangerous. The price was acceptable making it a good value proposition.
4 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Henry
"Good hotel for one night."
Good hotel to stay for one night. Breakfast good. WIFI very slow.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Ray
"Pleasure"
Needed two beds room. Couldnt change because room wouldnt be available one of the tree nights we stayed, i asked at least for two nights change but they denied it.
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
maria
"great hotel"
everything great, Recommended to everyone. room very clean!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
orlando
"Mediocre"
When you first walk up the water fountain smells bad. The front door stays partially open, it's extremely hard to open the door. There is an odor when you walk in. The hallways smell probably because of the rugs. The room smells terrible, the ac was off in our room. When we walked in we were accosted by the heat. The room was fairly decent. There were no liners in the trash cans and we had to go downstairs to get toilet paper. There were 4 of us staying there but only enough towels for three. The waffle bar was a mess and there was no spray for a he waffle irons so the waffles stuck. When I asked about the spray I was told the company didn't send any and it would be next week before they received any more.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Poor Experience"
I reserved a non smoking room and the room we received smelled terribly of cigarette smoke. The carpeting had cigarette burns. When I brought this matter to the attention of the front desk attendant, he denied that this could be possible.
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2014
Howard
"not as expected"
Although front desk was very friendly our room was a big disappointment. Carpet was dirty, beds not comfortable, had to listen to a barking dog for an hour until they located the owners who left dog in room unattended.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Perfect for sawgrass shoppers"
Perfect location for shopper (sawgrass mall). Staff is incredible kind and helpful
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great place"
Absolutely great. Staff was friendly and courteous. Will stay here again.
2 night family trip Dec 8, 2014
Frederick
Hotel located near the Sawgrass Mills, which is very good (-10min). Room is clean. Breakfast is very simple, better stay without including breakfast.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Francisco
"Comfortable & safe place to stay for a few days..."
Good & safe hotel with a clean, roomy & comfortable room, with a nice king bed, good a/c, small refrigerator, a microwave, a coffe brewer, a bathroom with reasonable space, good shower with hot water, toiletries, a sofa bed and a 36" LCD flat panel TV, with a continental breakfast included.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Rafael F.
"just what you should expect"
I stay in this La Quinta when I plan to go shopping at Sawgrass Mills, its just what I need for sleep over, clean, easy access.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Mauricio
"Fast and easy"
this hotel fills the basic needs when Im staying overnight, but it does it in a pleasant way
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Mauricio
"Quiet, pleasant location."
Room was comfortable and clean, fridge worked, beds great, thermostat worked, I was a happy camper.
"My first choice when staying in the west Sunrise a"
The hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. The staff is friendly, and the breakfast is quite adequate. This was my third stay - they're 3 for 3.
"Close to BBT Center, perfectly fine hotel"
If you're attending an event at the BBT Center and need a hotel room that's nearby, this is the place. On the same road as BBT, and only a few minutes away. Perfectly fine hotel, no complaints.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"My stay"
Nice, clean, convenient.
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
Rafael
"Good stay :-)"
We were very pleased with our stay. The room was very clean and comfortable; staff was friendly and helpful; location was close to major highways and Sawgrass Mall. The negative was the breakfast, it was limited in items and it was not diabetic friendly. Also our room location was in front of the elevator and we frequently smelled the cigarette smoke.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Kimberly
"Housekeeping needs to improve"
Improvement needed (Housekeeping)
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"One night stay"
Not very good. Smell of cigarette in the lobby and in our floor. A woman screaming hysterically in another room in our floor, and police coming very late at night to control that situation didn't help our sleep.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014