All hotels in Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America
187 Monroe Ave Nw, Grand Rapids, MI, 49503, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"May 2015"
Small dent in car from valet parking, but that can happen everywhere...
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
Lars
Great place to stay, we loved it except for one issue. Our shower drain was slow and backing up with water. After a request for maintenance to fix this we still had the same problem. Great stay with a small issue that wasn't resolved.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Classic looks"
Fun, old timey hotel. There were 4 weddings going on that weekend!
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Fun overnight stay in luxury"
It was a treat to stay at the Amway! Had a one night stay with a friend, we were celebrating her birthday. It was so convenient to stay right downtown. The room was very comfortable.
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"Not worth the money"
Very late check in at 4PM. Cleaning ladies hung out for next two hours next to our room. Not restful at all. Not worth money you pay for location.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
robert
"Good review"
Very Good
3 night family trip May 8, 2015
Guillermo
"Beautiful Hotel with too few amenities"
The room and hotel were really nice. Despite being dated, the room was very clean and comfortable during our stay. I was a little disappointed by the lack of INCLUDED amenities that are wrapped into the price of the room (i.e. coffee in the lobby, valet parking, etc.). An additional charge of $40 came as a surprise, compared to various Hotel/Casinos in Detroit that provided complimentary valet service.
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
Alex
"4 girls on a mission"
An Easter get away Grandma, Daughter and 2 granddaughters Visited art museum, and G.R. Ford and public museum. Every thing was lovely at hotel. Water could have been a little warmer in pool. Very chilly. all around excellant,
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
sandra
"great"
Everyone that worked there was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.
1 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Exceellent in every way."
Excellent accommodations; outstanding staff members.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Cssius E
"Made graduation worth it !!!"
I was here just for one night with my family for my nursing school graduation. We checked in very quickly even with the very busy atmosphere due to the tons of graduations, weddings, and other events. When we got to the room it was in the process of being cleaned. Our bell hop who showed us to our room was very helpful and said he would call someone to see if they could help us either with a new room or something to compensate for the time we had to wait for it to be done. We only waited 5 min for the room to be cleaned and not 10 min after that someone called our room to say our parking for the night had been comped ! During our short stay every thing was fantastic. Our beds were comfy and they even had turned down service. The shower was warm and clean with great shampoo and soaps. The room had lots of plugs for our electronics. We ordered room service for the next morning which was timely and warm. At the end of our Stay I was able to ask for later check out and they were very accommodating. The only not so great thing I can say is that it is very expensive so be prepared for that. Also we stayed in the older part of the hotel which is beautiful but I didn't see any refrigerator so we had no where to put snacks. All in all we were very happy with the service and the room and I was sad I ran out of cash to tip all the helpers lol
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Skye
"High quality with great location."
It was a great stay. The cost for parking was high in my opinion at $29 a night. It's in a great location right by the arena and we had a view of the river. A continental breakfast would have been nice for the cost.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Sheryl
"Nice room, bad service"
After booking a single king on Hotels.com, I immediately called the hotel asking if I could change it to a double queen. Otherwise I was going to cancel and look elsewhere. The lady at the front desk said it would be no problem. Fast forward to the week before my trip, I decided to call the hotel to verify and see if we could get early check in. Turns out that my request for a room change was basically ignored. At first she claimed that I only ever had a king since that's what I booked, but after bringing up my call to the hotel, she noticed that there was a note suggesting I get a double if there was one available. Well that would have been fine if they told me as such but they led me the believe that it was a done deal. The best they could do for me was to provide a tiny little twin sized role up bed. The hotel is nice but the service is terrible.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Christopher
"Great night in GR"
Everything was great and the people,made us feel welcome.
1 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Beautiful facility."
Great accommodations. Will be using again!
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
"Best Hotel!"
The staff was extremely friendly and willing to help you with whatever you needed. Very stylish hotel. The newly remodeled tower has beautiful rooms. There is a greats restaurant on the 27th floor that everyone needs to try out when you stay there!
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
Krista
"Weekend retreat"
Lovely restored hotel in the city. Was in walking distance to many areas of interest.
3 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Ann
"upscale downtown hotel"
We came in town Friday evening. It was busy when we arrived, but all of the staff that we encountered were very professional and friendly. Our room was in the tower section. It was a corner room so we magnificent views of the city and the river. The room was beautiful.
Brenda
"In the heart of Grand Rapids"
Stayed at the Amway Grand Plaza to see a concert. The hotel was connected to the arena by a indoor walk way. Awesome!!! Restaurants were within walking distance. The bell hops and valets were very helpful and courteous.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"This is the place to stay when you are in GR!"
I love amway grand! Great service, amazing location, good food and clean. If you stay in gr, stay here!
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Caitlin
"Great Hotel with access to Van Andel Arena."
We were there for a concert, very nice, quite and clean. Only after the concert everything is closed to get a late night bite to eat. Tried room service with limited menu and the wait time was an hour! This was the only disappointment. You would think they would be more prepared when there are events going on. This is not the first time tis has happened.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Beautiful"
Very comfortable and pleasant. The hotel staff is the nicest out of anywhere I've ever stayed!
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Renee
Great staff and rooms! Was able to check in fast. The bed were very comfy and clean.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Close to the breweries"
Location and facility was first class even though it was not brand new . . . we were there for the beer festival so the location was very convenient for that as well as the attached covered walkway that allowed us to get around at night without bundling up too much.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Beautiful!"
The staff is exquisite..the best and friendliest I've ever encountered anywhere.
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Renee
"Right Downtown"
From the time I pulled into valet parking until I left all of the staff made me feel like a princess.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Monica
"Weekend Stay"
Stayed before. This room was a lot smaller than the last time we stayed, but it was the same "level." The hotel was having problems with the fire alarm on one night and issues with the power in the lobby so the lights kept going on and off. The staff was friendly. Room service was slow, but good. Will most likely stay somewhere else next time.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Lucas
"Wonderful"
The Amway is always our favorite. We stayed in the Towers on the 20th floor in a corner room. The views were unbelievable. I would definitely recommend the Amway Grand.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Top Notch, as expected!"
Fantastic stay. This hotel is always up to my expectations. It is always clean and bright, the staff is helpful and professional. But what makes this hotel special is the history and experience!!!
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Jamison
This was my 3rd time to stay w u for a concert event. my stay is always good & I love the walk way u have to the van andeal!!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Definitely stay here"
Best hotel I've stayed at in a long time and the value is amazing. All else equal, I've never had a bad stay at any of the downtown GR hotels but the facilities and staff make me want to return.
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
"Beautifully Restored Historic Hotel in Downtown GR"
My wife and I spent the night at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. The hotel is located close to DeVos Performance Hall and DeVos Place, the conference center in downtown Grand Rapids. Our room was in the historic portion of the hotel, which has been beautifully renovated. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The service was excellent! We enjoyed dinner at Cygnus 27, a restaurant in the hotel on the top floor of the new tower. There are several restaurants in the hotel, and many more within walking distance in the downtown area. We enjoyed our stay very much and plan to stay at the Amway Grand again.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Edmund
"No Sleep for you!"
We were guests at the hotel for a beer tasting event at a nearby venue. The hotel is old and I am sure that lead to some of the issues, but you can literally hear every conversation of the people in the rooms on either side of or above you. Asomeone was going door to door at 2am pounding looking for their friend and took the hotel 10 minutes to respond and get this person under control. We just wanted to get some sleep, instead we stayed up most of the night because of thin walls and a lack of hotel surveillance. They could not tell us if we could have early check in until we checking in (early) and in order to have late check out you need to wake up and request it, which defeats the purpose. I just got an overall snobby feel for the place. They could also update their decor and the room we were in was very tiny no where to put your suitcase. I just wasn't happy with what it was for what I paid which was $189.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
teresa
"Fine hotel, horrible guests"
We had the unfortunate luck of staying while Beerfest was happening and were treated to several late-night hours of drunken, loud people wandering the halls. The real highlight was the arguing couple cursing and yelling until 2am. The real disappointment was the staff's reaction to my complain "Beerfest is a heck of an event." No apology was offered, just a shrug. I will not be staying here again.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Jamie
"Weekend Getaway"
Excellent experience from check in to check out. Loved being in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Perfect downtown hotel!!"
Perfect place to stay in a downtown setting. The skywalk takes you to restaurants and venues galore. The helpfulness of the hotel staff was appreciated as I have never been to Gr. Rapids before.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"Lovely stay at Amway Grand Plaza!"
Loved our stay for one night at the Amway Grand Plaza. It was easy to park across the street in the ramp and at check-in they stamped my ticket for free parking! Our rooms were beautiful, clean and new with a gorgeous view of the river and the city! We wanted to have a drink up in the 27th floor restaurant/bar but they had no seats left so we just went to the bar on the lobby floor which was perfect as they had a nice grouping of chairs and couches for the 7 of us. Loved our stay and I was proud to show my family members the beautiful city of Grand Rapids!
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Marianne
"Wonderful Amway Grand"
Exceptional room and service. Great location.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Josh
"worth the trip"
Amazing place. Stayed in rooms on the front side of the hotel. Good view of the buildings downtown. Bentham's restaurant on the river for breakfast, good view good food.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"WOW"
We were booked in an amazing corner room! Extremely friendly staff, even the poor valets in the freezing cold!! :)
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Kimberly
"Luxury in Grand Rapids for the Weekend"
Came for an event at Grnad Valley State and needed a place to stay in Grand Rapids. Compared to the price of other hotels in the area, it was quite luxurious while only slightly more expensive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Only complaint was that our room was pretty small. Not bad for a weekend, but had we been staying longer, it would have been a bit cramped.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"Outstanding!"
The Hotel was Fabulous, the staff is outstanding. I am planning another trip soon to visit the the newer Tower side of the Hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
wilma
"Great place!"
Wonderful stay at the Amway Grand. The weather was awful so we booked an additional night. We were warm & cozy - no need to step outside at all. Plenty to do with 5 restaurants, great fitness facilities, shopping & the DeVos Center for the Golf Show.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Thanks for a great stay."
This hotel is one of the best that I've been at. All the hotel staff was very hospitable to us and made are stay very enjoyable. The skywalk was also a big plus since we had to go to the Van Andel Arena for a concert. Everything you needed was right at the hotel. Thanks again Amway Hotel.
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
Ryan
"Lovely hotel"
Always enjoy staying here. Classy and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
Adam
"Beautiful hotel!"
Nicely updated clear rooms! Rooms must have just been remodeled, very contemporary Hotel is upscale.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
Very nice hotel in a great city. The people are nice the streets are clean. After arriving at the hotel we checked into our room took showers and left the room a bit of a mess . Came back and the hotel staff had cleaned up our mess took our dirty towels , turned down the sheets in our bed and left chocolates for us :) The room was clean and the sheets smelled fresh. My only complaint was it seemed like the air was coming on in our room all night and I was freezing. Would have liked a warmer blanket . All in all it's a beautiful interesting hotel .
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Cheryl
"Great Birthday Weekend"
Very professional staff from the valet parking to the desk attendant who checked us in. Because it was my birthday and my first time at the hotel, they gave us a free upgrade to a better room with a great view off the balcony. Stayed in the new section of the hotel that was recently renovated. Very nice room and nice accommodations.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Stacey
"Great Grand Rapids getaway"
This was a weekend to visit our college kids. Great place to relax and catch up with each other.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
shawn
"Great downtown hotel"
Always an excellent experience. Fitness center is world class for a hotel.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015