All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
99 Durgin Ln, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Nice!!"
Very clean and comfortable.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
Maureen
"Weekend getaway!!"
Nice location, beds were very uncomfortable!! Staff was friendly, was a little pricey!!
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Dear Traveler, I'm sorry that our beds were not to your liking and that you did not find us to be a good value. It was kind of you to note our good location and friendly service. Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. Your feedback, which highlights strengths and areas of improvement, serve as encouragement to our associates who strive to provide a pleasant stay. Best, Cathi Tingley General Manager
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"Lovely."
My wife and I love Portsmouth, and this is a great spot for a night. It's out of the downtown, which keeps the prices down a bit. Positives of this specific place are a lovely managers reception with complimentary wine, a hot appetizer, and two distinct local craft beers. Also a complimentary shuttle to and from downtown. Facilities are clean and kept up well, nice and quiet, staff is terrific. Always where we stay in Portsmouth. Great spot.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Ian
Odd location, but not difficult to find. Hotel was clean, comfortable, and in close proximity to everything we needed. Impressed by the acoustics. The hotel appeared to be almost completely full, but construction was done in such a way that we never heard other guests in other rooms, in the hallway, etc. Hot breakfast and availability of coffee at all hours was a plus.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Andrea
"Would recommend any day."
Great indoor pool. Great outdoor area.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Datmalem
Had a handicapped assessable room. Worked out fine
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Kathleen
"I'd stay there again- without my pet."
Last minute stay due to a funeral. Least expensive option that took pets, that wasn't a dive. Bed was great, room 4/5 clean, managers reception ( although microwave popcorn) was sweet, and bfast was ok. Overall, would stay there again, although $50 pet fee for a tiny9 lb dog was outrageous. Hotel fee alone was$175.00
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
SUZANNE
"Yawn for the money"
Perfectly nice chain hotel - easy check in, clean, large & quiet room, decent hot/ cold breakfast buffet, plenty of parking. But the aesthetics, indoor and out, were wanting (eg dark room that stayed dark since the window opened to mini -acres of cement; location was ver commercial). Indoor pool - my driver - was small but adequate & full of natural light,
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future! Sincerely, Cathi Tingely, General Manager
1 night trip Jul 21, 2015
Tessa
Our room seemed musty, which I found very surprising for a hotel at this level. I don't expect it was characteristic of the hotel as a whole, but the carpet seemed almost damp against my bare feet. Other than that, the room was spacious and well-appointed, the bathroom lovely with high quality surfaces, and the linens clean and crisp.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of our hotel. Please know that we value and take all feedback very seriously as it helps us reach our goal of delivering exceptional service. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I look forward to your return visit with us so you can experience the true level of service and accommodations we have to offer. Best Regards, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Nathaniel
"needs a little more thought"
Just a night.Close to everything. Nice time. The breakfast was awful though and the appetizers weren't really appetizers. Popcorn and corn chowder..really? Cheese and crackers would be much mpre inviting.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Great Find!"
Everything from the reception to the shuttle was perfect.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
John Mark
"Clean and comfortable."
Clean environment nice hotel. The hotel was very friendly and welcomed our pets.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Alton
My boyfriend and I stayed overnight as part of a birthday getaway. The hotel is in an odd neighborhood on the outskirts of town, so you definitely need a car. We didn't spend much time in the hotel and were only there to sleep. Our room was huge, particularly the bathroom, and everything was new and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Ask about the times they plan to put out free stuff - we kept missing out, and there was apparently an evening snack and cookies at some point. The breakfast was decent, but there were tons of people (and way too many kids).
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Nikki
"Regretted our choice for this overnight stay."
"Used" Oreo on the floor under the desk. Heavy comforters or a sheet for cover. One too hot, the other not warm enough. Breakfast greasy. Nothing really tasty. Saved by a Protein bar sold in the lobby. Near shopping and restaurants, but nothing but a Christmas Store and Bed, Bath, and Beyond in safe walking distance. Did walk to restaurant, but no sidewalks and lots of car traffic.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Rainey, Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback is important to us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends when you were to return to the area. Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Rainey
"Terrible breakfast"
Room was clean but very disappointed with the free breakfast. The room that had the food was way too small. Only about 5 people at a time could comfortably get their food. Eggs were runny. There was one waffle maker. We ended up going out for breakfast somewhere else. It was that bad!!!!
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Dear Traveler, Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback is important to us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends when you were to return to the area. Sincerely, Cathi Tingely, General Manager
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"OK Visit... Not Great."
Not an easy location to locate and commute from. Breakfast service was good, however the lack of a restaurant is inconvenient.
2 night trip Jun 26, 2015
"Decent but slightly awkward"
Not visible from the road, it is somewhat awkwardly located down a driveway that seems to start in the parking lot of another hotel, winding behind it, past some sort of large retail store. It is also conveniently close to a big box store shopping center, which turned out to be helpful when we realized we forgot to pack a few things. The lobby is a little small, and became a little crowded in the morning. Unfortunately there is one complaint worth noting. Key card access is required at the main entrance after 11pm. This was not mentioned during check-in, so it was a little irritating to discover I was locked out after running outside since my spouse was inside with the key. Having the night clerk just stare at me when I pressed the intercom button was dumbfounding. Luckily the remainder of the stay was decent.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Christine
"Comfortable enviroment"
We stay here often. It is comfortable, clean and the staff is friendly. We enjoy the convenience of the location. The pool and bbq area is a nice way to relax. Would like to see them warm the pool up a little more. The kids get blue lips rather quickly which makes it so they have less time to enjoy the pool. But overall a nice place to rest your head while traveling.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Great for family and for groups"
The staff was friendly and helpful. We were staying for a soccer tournament and they worked with us to be able to host a family pizza party with the team after our first day of games. Kids loved the pool, parents loved the back patio with a fire pit to socialize and unwind. Shuttle into town was great and allowed us to avoid having to drive multiple cars and find parking. Morning breakfast buffet had decent variety and the kids loved being able to make waffles fresh. Coffee was even good. Thanks for a great trip - hope to be back next year.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
Ethan
"Rooms were great, friendly and helpful service."
UNH graduation
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Elaine P.
"disappointed"
We had to ask at 3:30/4:00 in the afternoon to have the room cleaned and to get clean towels. I think this is unacceptable. Since we left our room at 8:00 in the morning. Came back at 2:00 in the afternoon and the room was never cleaned and no clean towels. Before going out again at 3:30/4:00 in the afternoon we had to tell the front desk that no one cane and cleaned our room. I find this unacceptable!!
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
carol, Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet our high standards. Please know that we value all feedback. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with us in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review. Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
carol
"JOPA"
Excellent place to stay Great staff very friendly and hardworking people I would definitely stay there again Thank You
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"light at the end of the rainbow."
Friendly staff. Great breakfast.clean rooms.I ALWAYS LOOK FOR A HAMPTON INN WHEN I'M TRAVELING
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Mary Ann
"Sold out weekend"
Breakfast area overcrowded with dance competition families and only one person to replenish , clean and reheat. Off highest so quiet except for hundreds of kids.
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
adele
"Very Happy"
We only stayed 1 night but really liked everything about the hotel! They go out of their way to make you Comfortable and Happy.We plan on going back soon!!!
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Kenneth
"Good Bang for Your Buck."
Room was spacious and clean (we had a king size bed and a small couch). The front desk was accommodating, when we forgot to get a cork screw at the liquor store they opened our bottle of wine. (We did have to bring it down to them, as they were unwilling to entrust guests with the safe return of their tool.) We did not have time to use the pool, and the hot tub was full of froth so we were very glad for the large Jacuzzi in the room. Breakfast was hot and on par with comparable hotels.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Fantastic place to stay.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Karl
We always stay here when we visit Portsmouth, NH. Great hotel.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Stay here!"
Comfortable, reasonable and friendly.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Jerice
It Was Great! Friendly staff, comfortable room. Nice place to stay, and the complementary breakfast was outstanding.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Karl
"long weekend"
Great hotel! Well located close to shopping malls and grocery stores. Quiet. Nice pool. Good breakfast! My only complaint was that our room never got cleaned, even though we were out all day. The housekeeping staff seemed harried. I would have liked the beds made and vacuumed. It's one of the benefits of staying in a hotel!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Erica
"Unknown gem"
Hotel 4 miles off regular travel path but well worth it. Clean , well kept , and quiet. Right beside a Christmas tree store. Enjoyed our stay
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
sue
"Good Trip"
Great Stay
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Hotel exceeded all expectations."
Hotel staff were extremely accommodating. Facilities were clean and update, fabulous that the duvet covers are washed every time!! Breakfast and Happy Hour were a hit and the Shuttle was a bonus! Would stay again and would recommend to anyone who was looking to stay.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Stormy
Great shuttle service. Rooms clean and great breakfast and happy hour
"great, loved it!"
Hotel was great, feels almost home like free beer wine soda and snacks for a couple hours in the evening "local beer". Clean, great staff nice pool I only wish there was a weight machine in the fitness center.. but it was so nice in there it was not a big deal also hh member so the shuttle to downtown etc. loved it. also there were many families there with kids and the staff seemed good with them as well.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
mike
"down hot tub...("
very upset at pool and hot tub, hot tub was not hot at all and pool was freezing.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Melinda
"Exceeded current experiences around the country."
Short stay overnight got in at 1:30 AM well received. Thanks for your service.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Quality of service, Cleanliness and comfort of rooms were great.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great Weekend Getaway"
My husband and I wanted to spend a relaxing weekend away for his birthday. That is exactly what we got! When we arrive we were able to easily find a parking spot. Once we walked in we were informed that there was complimentary Happy Hour from 4:30-6:30 offering beer, wine, and snacks. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. At one point I needed some aspirin and band-aids. They were very happy to find the items and provide them to me free of charge. All hotel spaces were very clean. The hotel was also conveniently located near a lot of shopping, restaurants, and close to downtown Portsmouth. They even offered a complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Anne
"great"
Very nice pleasantly suprised! Great transportation good breakfast pet friendly but was never bothered by them
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Front desk staff could have been better. I waited for service while the desk person was,out smoking
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
G
"Overnight"
It was just an overnight but the free breakfast in the morning was outstanding.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Raymond
"Nice hotel close to lots of shopping and dining."
I stayed here for two nights with my 13 and 11 year old sons. Every morning we enjoyed a free breakfast and in the evening free drinks and appetizers from 4:30-6:30! The pool and hot tub were the highlight for my kids, which was all really great! I really enjoyed my stay here and more importantly my kids can't wait to come back!
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Rhi
"Excellent Quality"
Excellent choice in hotels! We enjoyed free comp.breakfast. Hotel was very clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
"Absolutely Wonderful!"
I was in a pinch and at the last minute got a room at The Hampton Inn. The staff was wonderful and the room was fabulous! Nice and clean with extra towels even! I highly recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"wonderful night away"
Booked a night and wanted to run away with my boyfriend and this hotel made our night perfect plenty of restraunts and stores around beautiful pool and delishous breakfast in the morning !
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
Samantha
"rating"
Everything was good.Noticed a crumb when sitting on edge of bed that apparently got left behind by the vacuum? Other than that there was an extremely loud group of teen agers in pool. Wasn't relaxing for 3 adults looking for a quiet soak.
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
"Excellent value!"
This was my second stay at the Hampton in Portsmouth. John at the front desk was very amiable as usual. The pool and hot tub are well-maintained....very welcoming and pleasant atmosphere!
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014