All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America
99 Durgin Ln, Portsmouth, NH, 03801, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Fair price for average hotel"
Stay was ok, no particular issues. Fridge froze our bottled water the room was a bit small. We didn't realize the hotel allowed dogs and were subjected to three dogs being in the breakfast area while we were trying to eat.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues you experienced. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future! Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Visit to the North"
Actually I was very excited about the visit and all was looking great until we discovered that there was no shower curtain. I did go down to the front desk and the situation was remedied right away. When I got there I realized that it was a pet-friendly hotel. Although I saw several pets when I checked in, we didn't hear any barking at all. The breakfast was what I expect at the Hampton Inn The location was near some great shopping.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Wendy
"Large comfortable room"
Great room at a good price. Large, well maintained, and very comfortable. The only downside here is that there isn't much to choose from in terms of food in the area.
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
Will
"Excellent get away!"
Excellent stay. Hotel staff was friendly, room was clean & comfortable. Heated pool & hot tub were inviting. Complimentary Wi-Fi, breakfast, & newspapers a plus. The room could have used a dresser with more than 2 small draws. Other than that, can't complain. I would go back. Close to the Christmas Tree Shoppe if you are a shopper!
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Diana
"Clean rooms and a great breakfast"
We loved it! It was our second time here. The breakfast was fantastic: waffles, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, and bagels. Our only wish was that there was a place to eat dinner within walking distance.
1 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2014
Nicki
Free beer and wine. Excellent service. Breakfast. Awesome.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Ok"
I checked in and the front desk was very busy. I had to go back to the desk to ask about my roll away bed that I had requested. Once the bed arrived it was an actual bed that did not fit in the room. We had to remove the mattress and place on the floor. The toilet ran throughout the night which made it very annoying.
2 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
"An oasis in the midst of a wintry storm"
We were driving home during the winter storm that hit the day before Thanksgiving. After driving 30 mph on the Interstate, I thought it was time to seek shelter so I searched for a hotel using my cell phone and found this Portsmouth Hampton Inn. The lobby was warm and cozy. The hotel was having a social hour to which the staff graciously invited us to join. We enjoyed some pasta, chicken wraps and fried chicken chunks that were a little too salty and spicey for me. My husband and I also enjoyed complimentary red wine and beer. The beds were comfortable, the oversize bathroom was well-stocked, the refrigerator and microwave were clean and functioning. We had a little trouble with the hi-tech TV in the room, but we eventually figured it out. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good: light and crispy waffle and a choice of greek or regular yogurt stood out for me. Omelets had good texture, but a little salty. By the way, lots of hot coffee all day long. We stayed at two other hotels during this trip and neither one were as good as this Portsmouth Hampton Inn. I highly recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Love the Happy Hour!
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Ambrose
"Great stay in Portsmouth NH!"
Sisters weekend out and we chose this property because it had 2 queen beds AND a whirlpool. Hotel staff were fabulous, breakfast was excellent, with people paying attention to refills on the hot menu items. Shuttle into Portsmouth was very convenient. One tiny concern: the hotel is on a quiet street away from the busy area surrounding it and needs better signage to find it, as it is hidden away behind the Motel6. HIGHLY recommend this property.
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
Harriet
"Excellent Weekend Hotel Getaway!!"
Jon at the front desk was amazing! He was absolutely wonderful! The room was great- Bed was super comfy!! Would def stay again!!!
"Great place for shopper's trip."
Very convenient hotel located close to interstate and stores. Nice front desk personnel and hotel is beautiful. Good breakfast. Very quiet room.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014
"Highly Recommended"
My wife and I stayed over on Saturday night. We were pleasantly surprised to find a large two person jacuzzi tub in an oversize bathroom with a nice granite countertop and tile floors. The room was very nice, it was clean, and there was a fridge and microwave in our room which were also unexpected. We enjoyed our stay very much, both of the hotel clerks that we spoke with were friendly and helpful. The free hot breakfast was very good. We will definitely choose this hotel in the future.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
CARL
"Quiet nights in Portsmouth"
A comfortable and quiet room. Loved the pool and spa and also enjoyed having a whirlpool bath in the room.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Great time on a wicked rainy night..."
I think the shuttle into the heart of Portmouth was key, though I wish it ran later on the weekends.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Chad
"A home away from home"
Excellent//will go back
2 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
"Overnight getaway"
Great service, friendly staff, clean and good breakfast. Reasonable cost and good location.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
MOB
Friendly, helpful staff. Rooms were very clean and had comfortable beds. Fireplace sitting area in lobby and the outside patio and fire pit were an unexpected bonus. The shuttle service was a great feature and most helpful with a large group. Would highly recommend
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Wendy
"Great hotel, great location, great staff."
Visiting our son for family weekend at UNH. This hotel was in a great location, mall and shopping all around, 10 mins to the school and a free hotel shuttle to take us to and from downtown Portsmouth. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with advice on restaurants. Room was good size, comfortable and clean, bathroom was a nice size with large counter. Breakfast was one of the best all included breakfasts I have had recently (and we have been traveling a lot in the last few months). Breakfast included eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh made oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, cold cereal bagels, bread and muffins, juice and coffee/tea. The hotel lobby has a gas fireplace which was a nice late evening hangout.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Denise
"Satisfied"
I made reservations ahead of time for a room with a King size bed for my boyfriend and I. Check in time is at 3pm, we arrived at 5 and our room still wasn't ready. They were prepared to offer us a room with 2 Queens, but obviously that's not what we had reserved. That was slightly annoying but all we had to do was wait about 20 minutes for the room we reserved and we had the opportunity to enjoy the free happy hour they offer, while waiting. Other than that, we had a great experience and the room was super clean. I would stay here again. Oh, and the free shuttle ride to town is a bonus as well. Great service.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Good for an overnight stay. Good for families. Free breakfast is a nice idea but the self-service area is so small it's almost not worth bothering. Free coffee, tea & ice water always available in the lobby, very nice.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Hotel was filthy, musty smell, not clean."
We were sent to our room by front desk, room was not clean, so we asked if we could stay in a different room, looked at 2 more rooms, each one was not clean and had a musty smell. The hotel staff was nice about it and offered to help us find another room elsewhere, and they let us out of our reservation. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Exeter, NH, about 20 miles south of Portsmouth and it was great. Very clean, much different.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for writing. I am very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback is important to us and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends when you were to return to the Portsmouth area. Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
peggy
Everything was good. Breakfast was excellent. Transportation great
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
from florida
"Great mattresses, breakfast and pool!"
Stayed one night while visiting Portsmouth on our annual fall foliage tour. The hotel was conveniently located right off 95 but, it is in a shopping plaza so don't expect quaint surroundings. That is why I gave it a 3 for neighborhood. Everything else was great. The hotel was clean, comfortable and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helped us with directions to local attractions and parking. My husband is a big guy and we both thought the mattress was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good with hot food choices like waffles, omelets and sausage. Lastly, the indoor pool was actually heated to a comfortable temperature. I would definitely stay here again and actually plan to make it an annual stop. I would recommend this hotel to others.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
"All good!"
all good...we enjoyed our stay very much. I have always had a positive experience at the Hampton.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Cynthia
"Didn't have my reservation"
We got there late. They didn't have my reservation even though I had a confirmation from hotels.com. Hotel was full. I can only speculate from there.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
It is obvious that we fell short of that promise and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make amends if you were to return to the area. Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Just a couple of things...first of all, the hotel itself was in great shape. My concerns were on two levels. First of all the "title" of the hotel...it repudiates that it "central" to Portsmouth when in fact it is 2 - 2.5 miles away from the center of the city and there is a Hampton Inn and Suites right in the center...we went there first because of the reported "title" of the hotel...I would challenge its validity. Secondly, the hotel was full which for the hotel owners sake we were thrilled...however the upshot of that was that the hotel appeared to be understaffed in that our room was never cleaned...to their credit they came after seven or eight o'clock and offered to clean it...we did get fresh towels and that was a relief. The staff was cordial, the breakfasts were terrific and our grandkids had a ball in the pool that was well maintained.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is through comments and feedback such as yours that enable us to truly make a difference. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Comfortable but odd location"
Well maintained but in an odd location in the back of a shopping center. Hard to find.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Had a great time and definitely would stay there again. We were all very satisfied.
3 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Great find along the way"
Wow! Very nice hotel! Extremely nice but a little hard to get to. The room was excellent!
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"Love Hamptons"
Great stay on our way to Niagra
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Three nights stay"
It was a popular place. Many people coming and going daily. Yet clean and well maintained . The pool was a hit for my two boys. Breakfast changed every day so we didn't get bored. Ambiance was refreshing and up today. Rooms were well maintained clean and accommodating . Free laundry machines. We turned off the room air and left the window open since it was so beautiful outside. At any time they have a free shuttle to anywhere in a 5 mile radius. Very close to every modern convenience you could want. We enjoyed our stay and would defiantly go back.
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
Lrmfarm
Rooms were fine but beds were horrible! First bad experience at a Hampton Inn!
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to receive feedback and I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity. Please plan to visit us again in the future. Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
The room was very comfortable. We all got a great nights sleep. The bed and pillows were wonderful.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Good landing after a weary car journey"
Pleasant experience for two creaky seniors plus their dependent daughter in a room with two queen beds. We all slept well. Daughter enjoyed the pool. We found the staff to be patient and attentive. Breakfast was adequate; the only downside was the tremendous amount of unrecycled plasic and paper our stay produced. We usually stay at Hampton Inn and would greatly appreciate reusable dishes and cutlery for our sakes and that of the planet.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"One night stay was ok"
Honestly, the hotel was fine, but the location was kinda strange. Hidden between a Motel 6 and a Home Depot. Was happy we had GPS! And the only reason I gave the room a 4 for cleanliness is because I found a plastic grocery bag under the bed and it came from Brooklyn, NY. Not really under the bed, but under the Duvet. The temp of the room was not the greatest either, but that could have been our particular room..the AC wasn't working that great. Overall? It was just fine. Easy check in and out and an ok breakfast in the morning.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
Perry
"Portsmouth - The Gateway To Comfort"
This hotel was perfect for our passing through Portsmouth. It was comfortable and clean/updated. The only downside was the location. It was not near the downtown area, and you had to drive through a maze to get there...but that wasn't a problem for us. Thanks for a great stay!
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Hampton inn Portsmouth nah superb"
Nice room, friendly staff, good location
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"nice"
It was a nice hotel. It was very clean and staff was very friendly. We will stay again.
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
rita
"Good hotel, but not int he most convenient locaton"
This certainly isn't CENTRAL Portsmouth. It might be the center of the geographical area known as Portsmouth, people who have things to do even further from the actual center might consider it central. But if you need to be in walking distance of the center of the city then this isn't it... unless you are a decent runner. The surroundings are big box stores. It is very conveniently located for the main roads if, like most people, you are a driver. The room was good, better than cheap hotels but not top notch comfort. Our room had a jetted tub that two or more could share. The TV was OK. The WiFi worked well enough. There is adequate parking. But it isn't somewhere you'd take a walk from, or around, though I would be very surprised if there was significant crime in the area. It is not unsafe, just not pedestrian friendly.
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2014
"nice gem"
extended our stay 3 additional days.that should say how please we were
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"IHotel near downtown Portsmouth NH with shuttle."
we enjoyed our stay here very much...Shuttle service was fantastic..so we were able hop on go to dinner and a walk around downtown..then called and was picked up where we ended in less than 15 min....The entire staff was friendly , helpful and knowledgeable about the area....We enjoyed the afternoon reception held each day with snacks and drinks,,,,
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
EVa
Hotel was fine. Needs updating. Staff is very Nice
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Wilhelm
"Great as always"
Never been disappointed there. Super comfy, clean and great service. Will definitely go back
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Had A Great Stay"
We had a great stay. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. The breakfast was excellent. The pool was nice and clean with plenty of seating. The only downside of this hotel is its location and dealing with a bridge being out (making GPS navigation confusing) + summer traffic in/out of Portsmouth area.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Great hitel/good location"
We have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times in the past few years. Always good service/clean & we'll appointed. The shuttle service to town makes visit to Portsmouth even more enjoyable!
1 night trip with friends Aug 18, 2014
"Comfortable hotel"
Nice stay. Hotel a little more dated than other Hamptons I've used and public areas not quite as well kept but I would stay again for an overnighter.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
Lotty77
"Great!"
great, great, great location! close to all needed!
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Dennisse
We recently stayed for five nights. The room was clean upon our arrival. After that, housekeeping emptied the trash & made the beds only, never vacuumed or cleaned the bathroom. We left a note to please vacuum the room, & when we complained & showed pictures to the front desk on the fourth night, there was an attempt to clean the room the next morning. (vacuumed & wiped off the sink faucet). On the second day with four people in the room, housekeeping left us three towels. Staff at the front desk was very nice, complimentary breakfast buffet was also good. Was told they would comp. 1 night for the room, they did not.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel, I sincerely apologize for all of the above. All feedback is valuable to us so that we can perfect our guests’ experiences and again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share yours. Sincerely, Cathi TIngley, General Manager
Other trip Aug 19, 2014