All hotels in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
  • Value
    Delicious food
"Great for family and for groups"
The staff was friendly and helpful. We were staying for a soccer tournament and they worked with us to be able to host a family pizza party with the team after our first day of games. Kids loved the pool, parents loved the back patio with a fire pit to socialize and unwind. Shuttle into town was great and allowed us to avoid having to drive multiple cars and find parking. Morning breakfast buffet had decent variety and the kids loved being able to make waffles fresh. Coffee was even good. Thanks for a great trip - hope to be back next year.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
Ethan
"Rooms were great, friendly and helpful service."
UNH graduation
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Elaine P.
"disappointed"
We had to ask at 3:30/4:00 in the afternoon to have the room cleaned and to get clean towels. I think this is unacceptable. Since we left our room at 8:00 in the morning. Came back at 2:00 in the afternoon and the room was never cleaned and no clean towels. Before going out again at 3:30/4:00 in the afternoon we had to tell the front desk that no one cane and cleaned our room. I find this unacceptable!!
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
carol, Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet our high standards. Please know that we value all feedback. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with us in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review. Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
carol
"JOPA"
Excellent place to stay Great staff very friendly and hardworking people I would definitely stay there again Thank You
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"light at the end of the rainbow."
Friendly staff. Great breakfast.clean rooms.I ALWAYS LOOK FOR A HAMPTON INN WHEN I'M TRAVELING
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
Mary Ann
"Sold out weekend"
Breakfast area overcrowded with dance competition families and only one person to replenish , clean and reheat. Off highest so quiet except for hundreds of kids.
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
adele
"Very Happy"
We only stayed 1 night but really liked everything about the hotel! They go out of their way to make you Comfortable and Happy.We plan on going back soon!!!
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Kenneth
"Good Bang for Your Buck."
Room was spacious and clean (we had a king size bed and a small couch). The front desk was accommodating, when we forgot to get a cork screw at the liquor store they opened our bottle of wine. (We did have to bring it down to them, as they were unwilling to entrust guests with the safe return of their tool.) We did not have time to use the pool, and the hot tub was full of froth so we were very glad for the large Jacuzzi in the room. Breakfast was hot and on par with comparable hotels.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Fantastic place to stay.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Karl
We always stay here when we visit Portsmouth, NH. Great hotel.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
"Stay here!"
Comfortable, reasonable and friendly.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2015
Jerice
It Was Great! Friendly staff, comfortable room. Nice place to stay, and the complementary breakfast was outstanding.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
Karl
"long weekend"
Great hotel! Well located close to shopping malls and grocery stores. Quiet. Nice pool. Good breakfast! My only complaint was that our room never got cleaned, even though we were out all day. The housekeeping staff seemed harried. I would have liked the beds made and vacuumed. It's one of the benefits of staying in a hotel!
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Erica
"Unknown gem"
Hotel 4 miles off regular travel path but well worth it. Clean , well kept , and quiet. Right beside a Christmas tree store. Enjoyed our stay
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
sue
"Good Trip"
Great Stay
1 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Hotel exceeded all expectations."
Hotel staff were extremely accommodating. Facilities were clean and update, fabulous that the duvet covers are washed every time!! Breakfast and Happy Hour were a hit and the Shuttle was a bonus! Would stay again and would recommend to anyone who was looking to stay.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Stormy
Great shuttle service. Rooms clean and great breakfast and happy hour
"great, loved it!"
Hotel was great, feels almost home like free beer wine soda and snacks for a couple hours in the evening "local beer". Clean, great staff nice pool I only wish there was a weight machine in the fitness center.. but it was so nice in there it was not a big deal also hh member so the shuttle to downtown etc. loved it. also there were many families there with kids and the staff seemed good with them as well.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
mike
"down hot tub...("
very upset at pool and hot tub, hot tub was not hot at all and pool was freezing.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Melinda
"Exceeded current experiences around the country."
Short stay overnight got in at 1:30 AM well received. Thanks for your service.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Quality of service, Cleanliness and comfort of rooms were great.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great Weekend Getaway"
My husband and I wanted to spend a relaxing weekend away for his birthday. That is exactly what we got! When we arrive we were able to easily find a parking spot. Once we walked in we were informed that there was complimentary Happy Hour from 4:30-6:30 offering beer, wine, and snacks. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. At one point I needed some aspirin and band-aids. They were very happy to find the items and provide them to me free of charge. All hotel spaces were very clean. The hotel was also conveniently located near a lot of shopping, restaurants, and close to downtown Portsmouth. They even offered a complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Anne
"great"
Very nice pleasantly suprised! Great transportation good breakfast pet friendly but was never bothered by them
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Front desk staff could have been better. I waited for service while the desk person was,out smoking
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
G
"Overnight"
It was just an overnight but the free breakfast in the morning was outstanding.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2015
Raymond
"Nice hotel close to lots of shopping and dining."
I stayed here for two nights with my 13 and 11 year old sons. Every morning we enjoyed a free breakfast and in the evening free drinks and appetizers from 4:30-6:30! The pool and hot tub were the highlight for my kids, which was all really great! I really enjoyed my stay here and more importantly my kids can't wait to come back!
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Rhi
"Excellent Quality"
Excellent choice in hotels! We enjoyed free comp.breakfast. Hotel was very clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Feb 17, 2015
"Absolutely Wonderful!"
I was in a pinch and at the last minute got a room at The Hampton Inn. The staff was wonderful and the room was fabulous! Nice and clean with extra towels even! I highly recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"wonderful night away"
Booked a night and wanted to run away with my boyfriend and this hotel made our night perfect plenty of restraunts and stores around beautiful pool and delishous breakfast in the morning !
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
Samantha
"rating"
Everything was good.Noticed a crumb when sitting on edge of bed that apparently got left behind by the vacuum? Other than that there was an extremely loud group of teen agers in pool. Wasn't relaxing for 3 adults looking for a quiet soak.
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
"Excellent value!"
This was my second stay at the Hampton in Portsmouth. John at the front desk was very amiable as usual. The pool and hot tub are well-maintained....very welcoming and pleasant atmosphere!
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Ambigay
"Must Stay Here"
Great
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Jeffrey
"A+ stay"
Nice and clean. Helpful friendly staff. Convenient shuttle service.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Liz
"Pleasant Stay in Portsmouth NH"
Stayed for business in the nearby area. Clean rooms with very friendly staff. Free simple buffet style breakfast and Wi-Fi. Quietly tucked away but still only blocks away from a shopping mall, movie theater, restaurants, grocery store and other comforts.
3 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"The rooms were awesome"
This place was everything i could want and more, The people were amazing and willing to help us out in anyway. The hotel is so close to everything and the price was right , We can't wait to go back.
2 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Robin
"New Year's Eve getaway"
Wonderful New Year's Eve getaway! Hotel booked to the max. Staff kept up with all requests for the guests. Breakfast was VERY busy! We were impressed with the attendant replenishing all the food. There is a very small service area with breakfast selection. Long line of folks all were very patient waiting in the line. Absolutely WILL go here again !
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
DIANE
"Great shuttle service, cold showers."
We loved using the hotel shuttle service into downtown Portsmouth on New Year's Eve. It was a great part of our stay! Breakfast was really busy, due to the holiday I'm sure. And unfortunately the shower I took in the morning had no hot water. Not fun! But overall, it was a great hotel choice for what we needed.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the issue you had with the shower - thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future! Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"New Year's Eve comfort"
Nice comfortable stay, perfect respite after New Year's Eve activities.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Fair price for average hotel"
Stay was ok, no particular issues. Fridge froze our bottled water the room was a bit small. We didn't realize the hotel allowed dogs and were subjected to three dogs being in the breakfast area while we were trying to eat.
Response by Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues you experienced. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future! Sincerely, Cathi Tingley, General Manager
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Visit to the North"
Actually I was very excited about the visit and all was looking great until we discovered that there was no shower curtain. I did go down to the front desk and the situation was remedied right away. When I got there I realized that it was a pet-friendly hotel. Although I saw several pets when I checked in, we didn't hear any barking at all. The breakfast was what I expect at the Hampton Inn The location was near some great shopping.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Wendy
"Large comfortable room"
Great room at a good price. Large, well maintained, and very comfortable. The only downside here is that there isn't much to choose from in terms of food in the area.
1 night family trip Sep 30, 2014
Will
"Excellent get away!"
Excellent stay. Hotel staff was friendly, room was clean & comfortable. Heated pool & hot tub were inviting. Complimentary Wi-Fi, breakfast, & newspapers a plus. The room could have used a dresser with more than 2 small draws. Other than that, can't complain. I would go back. Close to the Christmas Tree Shoppe if you are a shopper!
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Diana
"Clean rooms and a great breakfast"
We loved it! It was our second time here. The breakfast was fantastic: waffles, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, and bagels. Our only wish was that there was a place to eat dinner within walking distance.
1 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2014
Nicki
Free beer and wine. Excellent service. Breakfast. Awesome.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Ok"
I checked in and the front desk was very busy. I had to go back to the desk to ask about my roll away bed that I had requested. Once the bed arrived it was an actual bed that did not fit in the room. We had to remove the mattress and place on the floor. The toilet ran throughout the night which made it very annoying.
2 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
"An oasis in the midst of a wintry storm"
We were driving home during the winter storm that hit the day before Thanksgiving. After driving 30 mph on the Interstate, I thought it was time to seek shelter so I searched for a hotel using my cell phone and found this Portsmouth Hampton Inn. The lobby was warm and cozy. The hotel was having a social hour to which the staff graciously invited us to join. We enjoyed some pasta, chicken wraps and fried chicken chunks that were a little too salty and spicey for me. My husband and I also enjoyed complimentary red wine and beer. The beds were comfortable, the oversize bathroom was well-stocked, the refrigerator and microwave were clean and functioning. We had a little trouble with the hi-tech TV in the room, but we eventually figured it out. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good: light and crispy waffle and a choice of greek or regular yogurt stood out for me. Omelets had good texture, but a little salty. By the way, lots of hot coffee all day long. We stayed at two other hotels during this trip and neither one were as good as this Portsmouth Hampton Inn. I highly recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Love the Happy Hour!
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Ambrose
"Great stay in Portsmouth NH!"
Sisters weekend out and we chose this property because it had 2 queen beds AND a whirlpool. Hotel staff were fabulous, breakfast was excellent, with people paying attention to refills on the hot menu items. Shuttle into Portsmouth was very convenient. One tiny concern: the hotel is on a quiet street away from the busy area surrounding it and needs better signage to find it, as it is hidden away behind the Motel6. HIGHLY recommend this property.
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
Harriet
"Excellent Weekend Hotel Getaway!!"
Jon at the front desk was amazing! He was absolutely wonderful! The room was great- Bed was super comfy!! Would def stay again!!!
"Great place for shopper's trip."
Very convenient hotel located close to interstate and stores. Nice front desk personnel and hotel is beautiful. Good breakfast. Very quiet room.
1 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2014