All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America
19 Allen St, Rutland, VT, 05701, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Under Construction"
I was concerned when I first walked in, the floors were in pieces as they laid new tile. Construction went into the night, with hammering old tiles going past midnight... The halls were dark -like something out of a slasher movie -but the room was actually quite nice, somewhat dated but very clean, with a high ceiling and lots of room.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Not their fault exactly"
The shower head was broken when I checked in, but it was replaced as soon as I mentioned it to the front desk. I happened to be there during renovations (which I didn't know about), so it should look spiffy for the next person who wants to stay there. The room was clean and totally standard. Never tried the food there.
2 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2014
"convenient hotel; good value for the price"
pleasant hotel in central Rutland. Good price, nice pool, comfortable bed
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
jk
"Centrally located"
The staff was outstanding and helpful with questions, directions, and anything that was needed. Thank you for the wonderful stay. Would recommend to anyone to stay here.
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Bed was in uncomfortable. A pillow case was dirty."
Overall good experience
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
"Renovated Rooms. Great deal for the price."
Our room at the Comfort Inn Rutland was recently renovated, updated, and clean. They were in the process of updating the lobby, so the breakfast area was on the third floor, but was still very good. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The pool area hasn't been updated, but I have no complaints about it. Pool and hot tub were both a great temperature. For the price, we were very pleased.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Ok for one night."
Property is old but in the process of being renovated, starting with the lobby. The hallways are dark. The room was clean, but very much in need of being updated. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom looked like the tub, toilet and sink were fairly new, but the floors and walls were in need of refurbishig. The air conditioner did not work, but someone came to fix it within 5 minutes of our reporting it. The room had an old, musty unpleasant smell. If necessary, I stay there again, but only as a last resort. Maybe in a couple of years when they get their renovations done, it will be a good choice.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Stayed overnight in between 2 tourist spots"
The staff were nice and polite. The room was clean overall, but somewhat crowded for 2 double beds. The window curtains did not close completely. One of the drawers was slightly broken. The bathroom shower curtains never closed fully on the shower head side despite a few attempts by me - they left a little gap which caused the shower water to drizzle on to the bathroom floor after getting deflected from my body. The breakfast was good, but again the place was too small for the number of people coming there. The price was on the higher side for that area.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
H
Time for some improvements. Showing its age.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Very comfortable bed
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
"barely ok"
Hotel publishes distorted pictures to make the rooms look large. They are very small and quite old. The lobby is old and dirty.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Felt duped"
Not very friendly at all when checking in. We booked 2 rooms on Expedia with 2 queen beds in each room. When we arrived we were told we had two rooms each with one queen bed and one sofa bed. They asked if we still wanted to stay there knowing we couldn't get our money back if we cancelled. We had no choice but to pay the $11 upgrade fee for each room for two queen beds. No cups in room. Never told us where our room was getting key. The staff at the breakfast buffet and front desk in the morning were surprisingly quite friendly.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Kara
"Visiting Vermont"
I enjoyed the stay at the Comfort Inn. The rooms were comfortable and the hotel was very convenient to get to. The server during breakfast was very friendly, and the hotel staff were helpful when needed but not over imposing.
Other trip May 17, 2014
Dean
"Rutland= Average OK"
We are two adults and had a large room and stayed three nights. Room included a king bed and double sleeper. This was an adequate accommodation. The carpet, though clean, was a bit lumpy in spots and should be restretched or replaced. There was a desk but no lamp on or near it, and very few convenient outlets for recharging stations, or even to move a lamp to the desk location. Though wi-fi was included, and was good, the room could stand some updating in terms of outlets for recharging, and even ethernet ports as a choice . The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the free breakfast was served in a large room with lots of choices two waffle stations, eggs, sausage, juices, yogurt and flat screen tv..about 10 tables, and an attentive and welcoming attendant. There was a single computer to share in the lobby, hooked up to a printer, which worked. Free coffee in the lobby, and free coffee and tea in the rooms There is an indoor pool and hot tub which looks clean, but in serious need of a resurfacing. Was a convenient location near downtown, (hard not to be in Rutland, a relatively small town) with plenty of parking. Also seemed safe.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Good hotel close to restaurants."
The bathroom was awkward,small the wallpaper was pieced together, after a new rod was put in for the shower.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Kathryn
"Below par hotel!"
Very disappointed. The room was adequate, but needs to be updated. Bathroom set up was tight. The pillows on the bed were not full size - they were square, more like a decorative pillow size - strange!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Prefect value location right near the beast"
Perfect trip staff was Nice rooms were clean great value right near downtown and 25 min from the mountain been here 3 times since my first ski trip and plan on going back
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Jay
I was in the building across the way and there was not vending machine
2 night business trip Mar 12, 2014
"Nothing great"
Staff was not very friendly. Room was very dark. Breakfast wasn't that great even if it was free. Location was ok. Had a lot of fast food places around. Would likely look for another hotel if snowboarding in the area again.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Room was set on maximum heat but still only got up to 64f
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
"Room clean but smelled like sweaty tube socks!"
Had to significantly air the room out as it smelled like high school gym locker room when we entered! the smell of sweaty feet was overwhelming. Running the fan and having the windows open while we went to dinner helped. ut really they should have dealt with it. Other than that it was ok. Bed and bathroom were clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2014
ak
"Great location, only 15 minutes to Killington"
The beds and pillows were so comfortable. It was the best sleep i ever had in a hotel.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
"great hotel, great breakfast!!!!"
great hotel, loved the complimentary breakfast, will for sure go back to this hotel in the future
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"3 star hotel for 2 star price"
I did a last minute trip and there were no more 3 star hotels left, so I took this one. no difference to us at all. very clean, it had good parking , great breakfast, even a pool. we slept like babies. I would go back in a heartbeat. even the shower was pleasant with plenty of hot water. why this hotel is not a 3 star is beyond me.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
dan
Carpet need replacing, and siding needs to be pressure wash mildew on siding. Our was nice.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
M Sorrell
"HAPPY"
This place is fantastic, breakfast is much more than just toast.
8 night business trip Jan 31, 2014
Marlo
"Decent hotel"
Good friendly staff, good location, great continental breakfast. Room was nice though it was close to the rear exit and we could hear the door close every time someone walked through. High price for the quality but it was somewhat convenient to get to Okemo. The lady who stocked the breakfast was very friendly.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
shackraj
"Good bargain for a what you get"
This was my second time staying here rooms are nice and spacious decor is more modern than you would expect. If you are looking for an affordable decent place to stay near killington I would recommend. They also have a great spread for their continental breakfast.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Close to ski resorts"
Upon entering the room it was cold. Front desk was notified. A repairman responded immediately. He cleaned the heater coils, turned on the fan, a cloud of dust rose, and the heater was putting out good heat. I dusted the room. The rest of our stay was great. Friendly maintainence man, friendly hotel staff, comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, free breakfast.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
chompers
"economical"
if you are looking for basic, clean, room with a good price, then this is a great place to stay! we're a family of snowboarders and the mountains are just 20-30 minutes away (Pico, Killington and Okemo) breakfast is served as early as 630AM which is great since we try to be on the mountain for first tracks!
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Too much chlorine in the pool
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
Chas
"barely ok"
We were looking for a comfortable place to rest after a day of skiing. We didn´t want to spend too much money, but we didn´t want to stay in a dump either. We have come to like Comfort Inns but this one was nothing like the one we stayed in in Durham, NH. We give it a bare pass.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Rosemary
"descent hotel, unkempt facilities"
the room was big and descently clean and had a nice bathroom. the lobby we had to walk through to get to our room had two bathrooms, one of which was out of service and smelled up the whole lobby for the three days we were there. no one was working on it during that time.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"Front End Receptionist is a liar!"
I booked this motel due its indoor swimming pool. I called the day before our arrival to check to see if the pool was open. I was told it was. After arriving my sons and I went for a swim. The pool was very cold. I asked the reception if the pool heat could be turned up. I was told yes. This was after maintenance working hours which I later found out. So naturally maintenance never came because they were not even on site so the pool remained cold. The next day I found out that the pool was out of order for the last several days and they were awaiting a heating element. Front end Reception was dishonest and was abrasive and definitely not front end material. The rest of staff were friendly nice and professional. On our first night our room heater was not working properly. Initially it worked but later in the night it was only blowing cold air. It was fixed during the day of our second night. But what a way to spend our first night. Cold pool and a cold room. When I book a hotel for their pool, call day before to confirm it is in operation, I expect to get what I paid for. It is for these reasons I cannot recommend this hotel as I would not stay at it again.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
Picked the Comfort Inn because of it's proximity to Killington mountain and its low cost. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was better than I expected. Eggs and sausage were served. There is a small hot tub and a cold pool. I discovered that my bathroom toilet seat was not clean after I had unpacked all of my belongings and made myself comfortable in the room. I notified the front desk and asked if someone could clean the seat for me. The attendant offered to switch my room immediately, but he was unable to send anyone to the room to clean the seat. It was about 7 pm on a weeknight and I guess no maids were on duty. The attendant, a nice guy a the front desk, offered to clean the seat himself but said that he was the only one in the hotel and could not leave the front desk. I asked him for some cleaning supplies so that I could clean the seat myself. The gentleman was reluctant, but gave me some cleaner and a dirty rag to do the deed myself. I didn't want to switch rooms because I had already unpacked so much crap. The attendant told me that he put a note in the system for the manager to see if he could adjust my rate, but he was unsure if this could be done since I booked the room from expedia. I never received an adjustment. Life goes on!
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Arnold
"convenience to killington"
average but clean
3 night trip Nov 27, 2013
skiier
"great for college visits"
The staff at Comfort Inn were some of the friendliest people I've had the pleasure of dealing with. They were helpful in recommending a nice family type of restaurant for us to eat at. There were a few things wrong with the room...clock radio provided did not work, some wall paper was starting to peel, little things like that, but the whole facility was very clean. The location right in Rutland and right off Route 4 was very convenient.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2013
This place has ridiculously comfortable beds, and that's coming from a guy who's spent a lot of time in hotel beds. The place isn't particularly modern, but don't count that against it: it's quiet, pleasant, the staff is absolutely awesome, and did I mention the beds are ridiculously comfy? Nice shower, too!
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
"Overall good value for price"
The bed was comfortable and, if I hadn't noticed some hairs on the bathroom floor that could not have belonged to either my husband or myself as soon as I arrived, I probably would have rated it higher. The rug in the room didn't feel clean either so I was glad we both brought slippers. The "scrambled eggs" in the comp breakfast were from a microwave. We don't eat flour or sugar so the waffles were not an option though they looked delicious. Would probably try a different hotel the next time we are in the area.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
Madalyn Hillis-Dineen
"Nice room!"
Very nice room,clean but could use bigger pillows. They had teeny tiny pillows,luckily we travel with our own.
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2013
Staff was helpful, room relatively clean, free breakfast was very good, short drive to Killington, plenty of dining options around for every appetite. Would definitely stay again.
2 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
Don
Not all that clean. Room was a mess. Supposed to be non-smoking. Definitely not. Bathroom dirty. Would not stay there again
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Rodd
"Convenient to our site seeing trips"
Advised by staff Inn going to be renovated. Staff made up by their friendliness and care any deficiencies in structure. Breakfast much better than stay at another chain previous nights. Room size larger, towels even thicker and rate was lower. Pool looked good too.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"Paper thin walls and chronic door slammers"
Second and last time I will stay at this hotel. The first time, horrible. Noisy with door slammings until early morning-finally quieted down around 1am. Vowed never again. Attended weekend wedding and wanted to stay with relatives in same hotel. Warned the relatives, but they wanted to stay. Same issues, kids running & yelling in halls, doors slamming constantly-it was like a Scooby Doo cartoon! Called front desk and manager did come up and speak to 'guests.' Did quiet down. Too bad, the hotel was clean inside and out, nice breakfast and nice staff. I usually like the Comfort Inn chain and generally feel the hotels are a good value. Will never stay in Rutland Comfort Inn again. Fool me twice...
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Pete
"Decent & clean facility, friendly & helpful staff"
We had a good stay here. Although this is a budget hotel on a busy road, it is clean, comfortable, and offers friendly staff and a very good breakfast. I would stay here again. It's well located, right on Rt. 7 and near some pretty towns. We enjoyed visiting Brandon, an attractive small town not far away. Lovely countryside. There is a road north that runs parallel to RT. 7 and between it and Lake Champlain; it is a lovely ride.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
the hotel had mold on the ceiling and the bed cover was dirty. I went to look out the window and there was a large spider and web in it...I stuck my head in the web without noticing it at first.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
Because we came by motorcycle and saturday night was a wash out we were able to have our dinner with friends up in an area near where they serve continental breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2013
Overall the hotel was okay, very clean, needed updating though, especially in the hot tub and indoor pool. The continental breakfast was great and the staff were very accommodating.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"close to the Rutland Fair"
very pleased, breakfast good