All hotels in Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
149 Union Ave, Memphis, TN, 38103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Class hotel"
Great old hotel. So much charm. Excellent staff
2 night trip May 1, 2015
"Not as good as it should be!"
The wait for service was long. They did not have a room (it was 4:00 p.m.) ready and wound up giving me a different set up then the one I had asked for (no king or queen, just two full). I found the hotel, book as four stars, to be a bit disappointing,
1 night business trip May 9, 2015
Aaron J
"Fun Stay!!"
We stayed for graduation and it was a perfect location for everything we were doing. The ducks were additional fun for us!
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
"Beautiful Lobby -- Poor room location"
We attended the Round 2 NBA playoff game on a Saturday night. We decided to stay downtown instead of driving 30 miles after the game. I feel like the Hotels rate somehow bumped us to a room that was next to the service elevator. It was noisy till midnight and started back up around 5 am. We checked out at 6:00am because we couldn't sleep with all the noise.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
connie
"High on Class, Low on Practicality"
The Peabody is an absolutely beautiful hotel, and the service is everything it should be. My biggest gripe was that the walls are paper thin. I cannot emphasize this enough. The people in the room next to me were talking at a perfectly acceptable level, but I heard every single word of what they said. This resulted in the worst night's sleep I have probably ever had at a hotel. As much as I adored the purple room I stayed in, the great desk I had to work at and the ducks parading in and out of the hotel, I will not stay here again.
4 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
"PEABODY A MUST"
The atmosphere is great, service wonderful and great location.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
Cindy
"The greatest stay you can have"
Probably the best experience I've ever had in a hotel. The staff was so accomodating and the room was beautiful. Can't wait to stay here again. Would recommend it to everyone.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
jeff
"Beautiful Hotel"
The people were excellent, very helpful & nice. My only real complaints are about the room; small, was an adjoining room so 1 night got very loud with the other occupants talking/laughing until quite late. TV didn't work when trying to load a movie. The room had a motion sensor light under the nightstand which was nice but malfunctioned in the middle of the night, blinking off & on so again, not a good nights sleep. I am sure they had bigger rooms & rooms that do not adjoin, which I definitely will ask for next time.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Judith
"Too Expensive"
The price of the room was too high & room was very small but the Ducks were cute.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Suzy Harrison
"THE PEABODY"
The Peabody is a totally awesome hotel. The architecture is fabulous with a rich history in Memphis. I had stayed at the Peabody when I was a child and it was just as I recalled it to be only with modern updates in the rooms. The ducks are, of course, famous. Everyone was very efficient and courteous. I could not have asked for a better stay in Memphis.
Other trip May 2, 2015
Andrea
"The best in Memphis!"
The Peabody Hotel is like a charming oasis in the heart of Memphis. The service is always top-notch. The hotel is always a comfort spot with a vibrant, thriving lobby area.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Annie
"forget the ducks"
The Peabody is a famous hotel, well known for its duck ritual. The hotel itself was fabulous, comfortable, spacious, elegant. The duck thing is just weird--more so because they turn it into a gestapo-style rules-and-regulations situation. Just ignore it, you'll have a great time.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Nice historic hotel but expensive"
Beautiful hotel and we loved Anthony the Duckmaster. The room amenities are lacking for the price of a room. No coffee in the room - you had to dress and go downstairs for coffee which is free until 9 am. We had reservations for a king room but told none were available. The commode ran off and on all night and we could hear loud music until 11 on a Thursday night. We were moved to a king room the next day which was better. most everyone was friendly except for the registration desk. They were very indifferent and did not seem to care about any room issues or problems with confirmed reservations for a king room.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Christy
The lobby and restaurants were lovely but the valet took well over 20minutes to retrieve our car every day
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"The best in Memphis"
As always, the Peabody is the standard by which all other hotels are judged in Memphis.
1 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2015
Donald
"Very classy hotel in the heart of downtown Memphis"
The Peabody is a throwback to an era when hotel owners and guests prided themselves on the elegance and service of the hotel. The lobby and public spaces are beautiful, and a bit old-fashioned. The ducks are a fun decor gimmick, but you don't notice the live ducks much, except when they are marching in or out of the lobby bar fountain, two times a day. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a little small (again, a throw back) compared to some recent hotels, but well furnished and very clean. I was awakened by people coming home late and leaving their rooms early -- they weren't especially loud, but I could hear their quiet conversation and the doors to their rooms from my bed. I recommend taking ear plugs, at least if you get a standard room.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"Beautiful hotel bathroom to small w"
Had a great time... Ducks are very beautiful !!!! Staff was so nice
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Excellent hotel. The best!"
Luxury and being part of history is too fun. The hotel is as fun and special as ever. Easy walk to Beale St.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
judy
"Beautiful Peabody A Bit Disappointing"
Check-in took quite a while as there were many checking in at the same time. We chose to upgrade our room but the fee was not explained clearly and resulted in charges much higher than anticipated. Room was spacious but decor tired. Bathroom so small you could barely turn around. Lack of attention to detail, for example, very dusty furniture and no clean glasses daily, we had to wash the ones we had used! Lobby is lovely and ducks adorable but overall the stay was a disappointment.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Mimi
"spring break"
great
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
No coffee available in the room and charged $4.00 for bottle water in room. Desk clerk tried t o sell us a better room and I had p a id for room we wanted. I asked if we could che c k in earlier since we arrived early and that is when she offered higher price (90.00) room. When I declined she came up with reserved room. Shame on her!!!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Retired
"Memphis Trip"
Bathroom too small---felt like a closet
2 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
"Close to Beale street"
We stayed here visiting Beale street it's expensive but if you're looking for something nice and money isn't an issue stay here it's very nice no fridge in the room made me a little sad but it is a more up class hotel so I wasn't too surprised.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Ash
"A great hotel"
Everything -- the lobby, the ducks, the piano players, the staff, was fabulous.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Andy
Very pleasant stay. Hotel is in a very good location. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Ron
Vibrant, cheerful and elegant. Lobby bar and the ducks create a special ambiance.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Wonderful hotel located in the heart of Memphis!"
Everyone at the hotel was great! The March of the Ducks as so much fun! It is a very family friendly hotel and close to all sorts of sights in Memphis!
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Great hotel, wonderful staff!"
Just had a short stay, but had a very nice experience. Helpful staff, beautifully appointed rooms. Sad to say we missed the ducks.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Way to noisy for the amount if money I paid. We were by the elevators but that wasn't the problem...the problem was the screams coming from the room next door. Won't be staying there again.
"Grizz Game"
Check in and Check Out were a nightmare. Poor planning, disorganized.
linda
"Beale st visit"
Nothing short of amazing. A visit to the rooftop at night is a must. Only complaint was the light from bathroom window (guess I should have shut the door) woke us too early. Luxury = pricey but was well worth it.
happy couple
"perfect location"
It was really humid when I was there and we had to keep the AC turned way down. But this is an AWESOME place to stay! The rooms are spacious and decorated nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. A short walk to Beale Street. Will definitely go back!
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
"Horrible customer service."
Very unflexible staff. I tried to check-in two hours after making a reservation. Could have easily accommodated a date change due to an input error but instead chose to not change an non-refundable room. Very rude front desk person and manager. Offered no alternatives. Very poor customer service. Will never stay there again. So glad they are not in Little Rock anymore. No wonder they couldn't keep that hotel going.
PJ
"Peabody Memphis"
Enjoyable stay. Only concern was how easily you could hear others and others could hear you in the hall and rooms.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Peabody Hotel"
The hotel is wonderfully remodeled. The staff is extra helpful from when you check in to the bellman and staff who clean the rooms.
"Fabulous Last minute Family Spring Break getaway"
We enjoyed our stay to the fullest. We stayed two nights with our 7 year old daughter for a quick spring break trip. She loved the duck march and it was a fascinating experience for us too! The room was comfortable and elegant, we were even upgraded to a king corner suite. Hotel shopping and food was wonderful. The pool area was very nice and had great decor. The only down falls : We ate at Capriccio Grill Friday night and the food was wonderful but the service was painfully slow. We sat for about 15-20 mins before our drink order was taken and by time we received our drinks our food was already up. I am chalking this up to under staffed perhaps as the restaurant was not busy at all. Last as we were in the lobby with our 7 year old awaiting the ducks to march back up, we had a female server come to the couch and take our order approx at 430 pm, we needed just a lemonade (which was delicious) she was not please by our simple order as she tossed the drink coaster in front of us. Sorry we were not ready for cocktails quite this early... Did not get her name but she had red/strawberry blond hair. Back to the important stuff.. We will be back! We fell in love with the hotel, tradition and we just love Memphis. The Peabody makes Memphis even more exciting!! Location was fantastic! We had a short walk to Beale street and the Orpheum. Highly recommend shopping in Lansky's and having ice cream at the hotel deli (oreo banana to be exact!) &the helpful valet gets 2 thumbs up
Andrea
"Swimmers beware."
Our overall stay was very nice. We enjoyed the beautiful lobby and rooms. Both the Pool and the Hot tub were horrible. They were both dirty and gross. My kids would not even swim in it. Very disappointing for all of us since my husband and I were looking forward to relaxing after a long drive.
2 night family trip Mar 22, 2015
Fun hotel! Enjoyed the hotel tour! Excellent Duck Master!
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Loved it"
Picture perfect
2 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Jen
"The Peabody experience:"
Beautiful hotel rich in history. Great staff that made you feel at home. Close to Beale Street was nice. If you're going to Memphis you should experience The Peabody sometime in your life.
4 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"Rest and Relaxation"
Family trip all about relaxation and distress! Hotel is a bit on the pricey side, but the quality and service are worth it. My teenage boys enjoyed the pool and workout facilities. The spa and services were very nice. We visited many museums; we didn't rent a car and took taxis.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
C
"Luxury hotel with old charm"
We loved the Peabody, old hotel with lots of charm, beds were very comfortable - fluffy, thick towels. Easy walk to Beale street. If you want a cheap breakfast - Denny's is nearby. Everyone must go to the roof to see the skyline and duck palace.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"Historic hotel doesn't mean it's a luxury hotel"
I understand the Peabody is a historic hotel but I expect a lot more from a four star hotel. The rooms are tiny, the staff were professional but not accommodating. You got my money once but never again.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
mark
"Memphis"
the only downside was the restaurant a little pricey not much for taste
2 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
LARRY
"Drunken Party Next Door!"
Was staying in a really tiny Queen room, smallest bathroom of any hotel I have stayed in, but clean, well kept and charming. The people in the next room hosted a party, drunk, loud, and the whole deal. The operator wasn't answering and multiple visits from security didn't do the job. I got no sleep and realized that I was paying way too much to put up with this stuff. Lots of other good hotels in Memphis, going to try one.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
PtG
"Great area to walk to everything"
Grand hotel. Takes you back in time not only in service but ambience as well. March of the ducks was adorable. Upgrade to the Club floor - well worth it.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
kke
"Disappointed with the Peabody"
We have wandered through the Peabody 0n a previous visit to Memphis. The lobby decore and amenities are beautiful not to mention the duck demo. Decided to stay there this trip. After the lobby things went downhill rapidly. Parking if you choose not to use valet parking is ridiculous. Though in hotel complex, it is fenced off from large amounts of valet parking areas, thus you walk a considerable distance through a maze though adequately marked. This is punishment for not using the valet parking. The room was clean, but outdated with paint pealing and extremely small. The bathroom was ridiculous not only tiny , but poorly laid out you cannot change as there is no room to even turn around. to use the toilet , your feet are touching the tub and if not careful could trip on the toilet entering the bathroom and land in the sink or tub. For the price , not impressed. Stayed in many hotels on month tour of Southeast and South. This was by far the most expensive and poorest room we stayed in. All of the quality is put into the main Lobby area.
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
"Just ok"
hotel was nice, but overpriced in my opinion. The big attraction is watching the ducks, and with so many outsiders allowed to be up front, the hotel guests had to fight for a view.front desk check in clerk was somewhat rude and never did smile. For the price, I wouldn't stay here again.
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
"Needs work. Cant provide what was reserved - rack"
My reservation was for a king or 2 doubles. We (a couple) received 1 queen. So bed accommodations wasnt what we reserved and cramped. Hotel said they could upgrade me additional $400. HA YOU KINDING ME!!! Disappointed. Hotel beautiful though. Check wasnt. Our frnt office agent defintely needed work. She told us we would receive complimentary something in morning but did write it down and we forgot. She also forgot to charge us for self parking. Wasnt worth the price
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Margot
"Great Location and Ducks"
We loved the ducks. Lobby was beautiful and a great location.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015