All hotels in Anchorage, Alaska, United States of America
939 West 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK, 99501, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"1st Anchorage visit"
Fine hotel in great tourist city.
3 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
Ray
"Exceptional and Sophisticated Local Experience"
We stay at the Captain Cook almost every year, and look forward to it as part of the travel experience. It is a distinctive hotel, attuned to its locale, with exceptionally high standards of service. There is nothing comparable in Anchorage.
6 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
"Anchorage gem"
The Captain Cook is located conveniently and is a very nice place to stay in Anchorage.
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Rudolph
"I love Alaska"
I really enjoy the room, the bed was really comfortable and the location is excellent.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Kin
"Plan on spending a lot or don't bother"
the price was right but what I got for it was not. The room size was average, the bathroom was tiny. No breakfast which we were aware of but I was not prepared to pay $30 a night for parking. I'd rather pay the same for something not so fancy, get a bigger room, bathroom, breakfast, and free parking
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Grand stay in downtown ANC"
I'm an Alaskan resident but it was a first time for us to visit the motel. The appearance and service of the motel was more than expected.Downtown ANC was a great experience and will be doing it again.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"Alaskans Who KNOW Stay Here"
Best view of Alaska in winter. Ever. Crows Nest dinner a must. I'm an Alaskan who returned for a family visit, did a getaway trip with my hubby away from the fam overnight. Went walking through Bootleggers Cove, along the Coastal Trail. The Cook is the only place to stay. Athletic club steam room is hot heaven.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Slow Service"
Would have been okay, except it took 3 hours to receive toilet paper and coffee (room had not been stocked).
2 night business trip Apr 10, 2015
"Alaska Jem"
This is a great historic hotel. The furnishings are quaint. The food was excellent and the staff very pleasant.
4 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Sherry
I enjoyed my stay at the captain cook. It was a very nice retreat where I was able to get away and enjoy my weekend with my husband. Great way to relax after deployment.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Tired and needs updating"
Hotel needs to be updated. Very old and tired looking. Restaurants are great and have excellent food
3 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"First Time"
Our room (#835) had an epic sunset! And the Fletcher's pepperoni pizza was really good and extinguished the 10:00pm hunger! Probably one of the most formal, yet casual hotels we've stayed at. Will definitely be returning at some point.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Chad
"♥️"
♥️Love it have a perfect day with my fiance!!! Pool was great
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
♥️AK
"Not impressed"
Thought i was getting a suite and it was just a regular room. Will not stay there again it's way over rated. Was a gift for my boyfriend whom i proposed to an i was not very impressed with the room. Would of been nice if there was a jacuzzi in the room and complimentary wine or something. It was his birthday as well.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Misty
"Disappointing"
My husband and I booked this hotel for Valentine's Day. It was overpriced and overall a big disappointment. It was obviously an older hotel that had not been updated in a very long time. We were nickel and dimed, there was one ice machine in our tower (not on our floor) and we were unable to find the ice bucket (we found it later in a cabinet) and there were no vending machines. We had to pay room service to deliver soda and glasses of soda. We asked the room service gentleman where we could purchase soda and he advised that they only were provided through room service which of course was pricy and then we also had to provide a gratuity. The bed was quite uncomfortable. We paid more for this hotel then we typically spend when we stay in Anchorage (we stay 6-8 times a year)but wanted it to be a special evening, this was one of our worst stays in Anchorage and I will not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
JENNY
"Captain Cook needs help!"
It took an hour to find bottled water upon our arrival. The lady in the lobby shop was out and no vending machines. No water in the rooms. YUCK! Parking is expensive! Two of three elevators in tower three were down, waited ten minutes for an elevator. Couldn't rent a movie from our first room. Sent up an 'engineer' still not working. Moved us to a room right next to the elevator. Guess what was working all night! The elevator right next to our room. I use to LOVE the Cook. A gorgeous hotel, but not managed well. They,re getting really cheap. Nice folks working there.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
kathi
"NOT for FAMILY"
This hotel is NOT designed to accommodate families. The pool hours "for kids" are 10:00am to 9:00pm. The room was old and small. It was just decent not super nice like I expected. AND be ready to PAY out the nose for parking. $30 per night. I will never stay there again.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Mollie
"Family visit"
Very nice overall. I don't usually comment on amenities, but the toilet sounded like a jet engine. We thought the use of the pool was included in the price of the room, but I was asked to pay $5 to get in - this charge was later reversed, but seemed a little odd.
3 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
Edward
Staff is excellent especially Brian the concierge. The only problem we encountered was a party across the hall until 3 in the morning. We called Security and they responded but just with a can you please hold it down. I was never asked on check out if my stay was alright or any follow up from my noise complaint.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Anniversary Getaway"
Very pleasing! Stayed one night! Room Service was available and timely.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"nice hotel!"
Awesome!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
felix
"Nice place, but no parking???"
I thought the hotel was nice, but when you spend $200 for one night and then they want to charge you $20 for parking? I thought that was pretty awful. Had to run downstairs at 9am to feed the meter. So much for a relaxing first morning of vacation.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Sara
"Captain cook"
The hotel was overall nice. What has me extremely upset is all the extra charges that were supposed to be included. The hotel charged me $20 a day to park in the garage and the would not honor the free breakfast since I booked through Expedia! Extremely upset and will never return to this hotel.
alan
"Relaxing stay"
It was a very comfortable hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Great downtown location."
The reason for the 4/5 rating is I had reserved two rooms for 5 days. On the second night the party in the second room could not access their room with their key. They had to go front desk and had to change rooms. Sounds like the recordkeeping on your end got messed up and we suffered for it. Other than that the hotel was Great.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Don
"Surprise stay at Captain Cook's"
We had only 1 day in Anchorage so being close to downtown was great walked around then a short taxi ride to airport. Loved the shops and restaurants in the hotel
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Doris
"Best Hotel in Anchorage"
This establishment is over 35 years old but has been updated over the years. The rooms have great views, a small fridge, and cable TV. The downtown location is close to a number of restaurants and tourist shops. It is a bit pricey but well worth it if you're looking for a top notch hotel.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"An Anchorage classic (is that an oxymoron??)"
I've been staying at the Hotel Capt. Cook since the 1980s. In many ways the place hasn't changed at all over the years. It is maintained in excellent condition and the restaurant facilities and guestrooms have been updated periodically to keep them clean and up-to-date. I only stayed one night this time and had late-night drinks in the Whales Tail bar – which is now really nice sports/wine bar.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Bossjpw
"Best Hotel in Downtown Anchorage"
The Hotel Captain Cook has been around for over 35 years. It has a great location. The hotel has been upgraded over the years so it remains in excellent condition. The food is great at the various restaurants on-site and the staff is always available to help.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"enjoyed this hotel"
Wonderful stay. Gracious service. Decorated beautifully for Christmas.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Jeanine
"Love the captain cook!"
Great place to stay downtown. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, etc. Very quiet and restful.
2 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Paula
"Alaskan price guide."
The service was excellent but the price was outrageous....
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Dawn
"Overall good."
Service was good. Upgraded to a suite. Maid service intruded into room at one point and was very awkward. Otherwise, easy stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"The Captain Cook misrepresented itself."
Very disappointing, Hotel misrepresented itself on website. Thought I would treat myself on Christmas. Before booking on Hotels.com (they are wonderful!) I doubled check with the front desk, I wanted an airport shuttle, workout room and pool. Which is on their site. When I arrived on Christmas eve. I was told they do NOT have an airport shuttle, when I arrived at hotel. I found out the workout room and pool is only opened until 2pm AND their is a fee. When I complained because I did ask before booking, I was told, It's Not our website, and we are a private company so OH well....... By the way rooms are outdated very small t.v's ..Not worth the price.
2 night business trip Dec 24, 2014
Brent D
"nice stay, gym under construction"
Nice hotel, too bad the ladies gym facilities were under construction.
2 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
Kristen
"Great job workers"
I enjoyed it very much. The employees are so helpful with accommodating your specific needs.
1 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2014
"Very nice!"
This was a Thanksgiving gift to our kids, who couldn't come home for Thanksgiving. They LOVED this hotel....worth every penny!
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Kerri
"anchorage"
Was on business/pleasure for 1 night; great downtown location; clean and friendly hotel staff especially the bellboy
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
"Awesome Location"
This may be an older hotel, but clean and the staff is great. You can walk to great restaurants and shops. Love staying here. Plus you can't beat the ocean view.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"okay"
We found a woman's use false eyelash in our bedding the first night we were there. Didn't report it, but hopefully it doesn't happen again. This hotel is one where my family stays, so I would hope we don't get scared off again.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Parking too much"
Great stay. Parking cost too much though. $30 for one night is too much
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
"good review"
it was great-relaxing-trouble free-parking is easy also
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
Clyde
"Final days in the Great Land -"
This was our last "hurrah" in Anchorage as we bid adieu to the Great Land. Accommodations were, for some reason, difficult to come by in the waning weeks of October. We desperately needed a place to hang our hats as our household goods were all being packed up! We found a reasonable rate at Hotel Captain Cook and booked it. The room was very nice and comfortable. The Fletcher restaurant was above average, but difficult to get a seat at (sort of small) and we did not have "smart-casual" clothing for the other hotel restaurant.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Don
"Incredible Experience!"
I was visiting for a conference and the hotel was in a great location for both business and leisure. The staff were extremely friendly and the hotel itself was well-kept.
5 night trip Oct 14, 2014
The bed phone had issues . The breakfast service on the main floor was slow
3 night trip Sep 29, 2014
"First time here"
Booked not knowing the area and couldn't be happier. The location is perfect and within walking distance to so many things. Driving was just as easy. The hotel is very nice and maintained very well, clean and fresh. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again!!!
3 night romance trip Sep 21, 2014
Hinig-Cox
"All amenties excellent"
Very clean and friendly. Front desk very professional anc helpful. Provided me some great ideas to use one day of touring. thank you
2 night business trip Sep 22, 2014
Robert Adams
"Classic Hotel , Great Service"
This is a Fantastic Hotel , get the one bedroom suite , In Room Dinning is really superb. Location is perfect. A Classic Spot.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Mr Jones
"Good location but hotel needs updates"
I expected a nicer room for the cost and based on the hotel rating. My junior suite was very tired and in desperate need of redecorating; other than the tub, toilet and sheets, everything was some shade of brown - and not in a pleasant, monochromatic way. All the furnishings looked shabby, and the carpet and wallpaper were stained. The sofa was incredibly uncomfortable, but at least the bed was very comfortable. The service was personable and pleasant, and I appreciated that. This is a convenient hotel for day trips as both companies I used for trips use the hotel as a regular pick-up location.
5 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Beautiful views"
Loved the hotel and it's location. Easy walk to restaurants and shops. Fabulous food at the hotel restaurants and the service was great. Loved the smoked salmon and arichoke dip and believe the crab cakes to be the best and biggest we've ever had. Easy parking and conveniently located shops in the hotel that were budget friendly and had unique items. Didn't get to try the spa, but definately will on our next stay here.
5 night trip Sep 13, 2014