All hotels in Santa Monica, California, United States of America
1819 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA, 90401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Quite clean
    Ordinary pool
    Breakfast is average
Overall pretty good. Would recommend for couples but probably not for families. Rooms are small but comfortable. Pool/outside area is very cool. Good drinks and food but very pricey. Close to beach, good restaurants and bars. Would probably stay again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Cameron
"Beautiful"
Beautiful amenities! Bery comfortable rooms. Closes to everything.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Mandy
Andrew on check in was amazing and so welcoming. Great hotel but other than the beach there is not a lot in close proximity. Room was beautiful but the closet stank of damp and made my clothes smell terrible, the safe broke and there is no shower in the gym. Generally the staff were pleasant but not always the service and value I would have expected. Saturday night is incredibly noisy and the pool lacks sun in the afternoon.
4 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Plan B girls trip in Santa Monica"
SMELLS DELICIOUS as you first enter the lobby. Nice touch! Bikes to borrow to ride the beach and neighborhood....even better! My only complaint is that you need a bigger pool and ice on each floor so you don't have to ask for it. I don't mind getting it myself in the room. But staff was very accomodating, and as far as the pool, the PACIFIC OCEAN is right across the street so I guess that makes up for it quite nicely ;) :) VERY NICE STAFF and hotel. THANK YOU for taking such great care of us. PS Jeremy is a doll.
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2014
Catherine
Enjoyed the hotel. Good location. Good was delicious. All the staff were friendly
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Great hotel with great style. Worth the price.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Cool Design - Price not equal to room"
Cool interior design and great location. Seems like they nickel and dime on extras. $35+tax for parking, extra cost for ice, even a note for extra charge to use the computer printer. Room was pricey for what you get.
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
It was perfect. Staff was amazing, perfect location, view was breathtaking
4 night trip Aug 29, 2014
jane
"Good, but not great"
Staff was excellent - very well trained. Hotel was "tired". Bathroom fixtures were loose, tiles were missing, and overall things were in need of refreshing. Lots of hidden charges on the bill. Had a nice time, but felt it was not worth the money. Would try to find a different place in the future.
4 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
"Great proximity to the HEART BEAT of Santa Monica"
Enjoyed VERY much!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Great location but a bit tired."
I don't find this hotel to be worth it. The rooms are tired and in need of maintenance, and therefore don't warrant the price - ie. chipped wallpaper, closets chipped and scratched, painting missing etc.. On a positive note, I would also say that the location is excellent if you want to be near the beach and the service is good. The food is ok as well. The decor is growing tired even though the kitsch can be fun. The hotel is need of maintenance and does not warrant the price point. I would stay elsewhere next time.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Gorgeous Hotel Steps from Santa Monica Pier"
The hotel lobby is open, gorgeous, and well lit. The check in area was really inviting, with chairs available for you to use while you conduct business. The pool area was nice, as was the bar. It seems to be a pretty popular hotel, as the bar and lobby area got pretty crowded and loud at night with a DJ providing music. It's a straight shot across the street (you actually cross 2 small blocks) to the beach and the Santa Monica Pier. There's lots of things to take in on this end of the beach. There were lots of people enjoying Muscle Beach and watching the dancers and yogis practice on a patch of grass. The room was very clean and bright. I like that you can open the sliding glass doors to a faux balcony to allow fresh air, as there is always a breeze. The hotel provides Kai bath and body products that can also be purchased. The robes were also very nice. The $20 per night amenity fee includes internet access, yoga on Saturday and Sunday, and free bike rental (first come, first serve). The only negative things I have to say about the hotel is that the hallways were very dimly lit, the tub was a little too high to step into comfortably, and the water pressure of the shower left a LOT to be desired. Overall, it was a great experience in a great location. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
KSquared
"1 night layover"
Everything is superb and nothing to complain.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
It was great. Very good location, lovely pool area and good food.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Excellent service -Overall everyone loved it!! Would Highly recommend.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"great visit!"
The Viceroy is a first rate hotel, with great customer service and offerings. It's all you'd expect!
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Would not book this hotel again"
I was not pleased with the Viceroy Hotel due to it's price compared to the quality of the room. Also, the pool closes at 6:00 PM
3 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Kurt Peterson
awesome hotel, beware of fees...
3 night trip Jun 5, 2014
jetbates
"Very nice hotel with easy walk to the beach"
Room was at end of hall next to service elevator that was a bit noisy so next time would request one or two rooms away from the service elevator.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Henry
"Nice hotel."
Liked the hotel and location. However paid for the ocean view room. If high enough, you will get that, if below the 6th floor limited. One draw back is the noise. Windows open it sits over the main street and is very noisy while trying to enjoy the ocean breeze. Other than that I would stay again.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"One night stay in Santa Monica"
Have stayed in several of the hotels on Ocean Ave (The Shore, the Fairmont, Oceana, and Shangri-La) and each one was very nice, and each seems to have something different to offer and a different feel. Viceroy was one of the nicest to me. Hotel gives an upscale boutique/ small hotel feel. I didn't see any kids the one day I was there. Bar/food service available at small pool in treed area...was pretty and when I was there it was busy, surrounded by adults lounging, chatting or w/a book and/or drink (not a party scene). Room itself was very clean, bed very comfortable, bathroom was small, but totally adequate and pretty. Front desk and valet polite and helpful. Didn't eat there but saw they have a nice indoor/outdoor restaurant area. Location is a little bit off from the main area of the busy promenade. About 10 minute walk. Less touristy Main St. area 5-10 mins walk as well. Beach about 5 min walk. Would definitely stay there again!!
1 night trip May 30, 2014
SG
"The worst hotel I have ever staye"
The amenities were nowhere near what the website described. I asked the moment I walked into the room if there was an entertainment system which for a hotel of this category is expected; I was told there wasn't one. I immediately called the booking agent who referred me to guest services. They refused to let me cancel my reservation. They told me they could "find me a DVD". When I repeated my request to cancel my reservation, they told me I had a "bad attitude". I called the GM and left a voicemail. He never took the time to call me back. I intend to report them to every agency.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"They have you in a Vice lock"
Nice hotel having it re-done in the last 6 or 7 months certainly helped the interior. DRINK PRICES BE PREPARED TO PAY FOR YOUR FIRST DRINK SINCE IT WILL ALSO BE YOUR LAST ONE THERE. TWO COCKTAILS ORDERED WAS $38.00 I'M A MULTI MILLIONAIRE BUT JUST WILL NOT BE OVERCHARGED AND STUPID OVER DRINK PRICES AT THAT LEVEL!! THE FOOD FAR LESS EXPENSIVE BUT THE VICEROY IS IN BAD NEED OF A CHEF. FAR BETTER CHOICES ON OCEAN BLVD
5 night trip with friends May 9, 2014
HOTEL REVIEWER
"Annoying"
I was pretty dissatisfied. I paid extra for an ocean front room and got put in a 2nd floor room right above the noisy bar and valet area. I complained and was put off by an aloof reception person. I asked her to please have a manager contact me and of course, never heard from them. The room was nice but the shower was low pressure and in bad shape--the faucet actually came off and I was scalded by hot water. All this said- the grounds were lovely and the room very nice. If the customer service had been better, I would be writing a very different review.
3 night trip Apr 4, 2014
"Beautiful space & great location"
Fab! Loved this hotel, pool & food. The guests were fun, young & pretty friendly overall.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Don't be fooled by the exterior decor."
Inside is very chic & hip. STAFF is amazing. They bend over backwards to make you happy.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Blocked Ocean View"
We arrived to find a workers painting the exterior of the hotel in front of our ocean view room for our three night stay. After complaining, management offered us a $50 per night credit and assured us that it was a 'one time' problem. Needless to say, it wasn't and the workers were back a second and third time. Aargh.
3 night romance trip Apr 4, 2014
pdxlou
"cool design, upscale"
we will stay again. staff really good. great view of pacific ocean. they even have a hidden place outside to enjoy a fine cigar!
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
corey
"Nice stay !"
I've stayed here many times over the years, its always great !
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Comfort & luxuary"
Great hotel in a great location. If you can afford it definitely worth every cent!
4 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"Beyond Expectations"
Hotel was located a few blocks up from the ocean, within walking distance of the Pier and shopping as well as some great restaurants that were hidden treasures. The staff gave 5 star treatment all around. The facility was clean. The concierge was very helpful in guiding us to attractions around the city by printing out maps as well as recommending times to go to avoid traffic. Great all around and we will return again!
4 night business trip Mar 23, 2014
Kelly Jo
"Great Place to Stay While Visiting Santa Monica!"
The Viceroy is a block up from the beach and within walking distance to all the great restaurants, bars and the pier. The overall décor of the hotel is very trendy with a lot of art deco touches. We never made it out to the pool, but it looked nice as well, although it is in the shade during the afternoon. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with kids - it is much more suited toward the twenties-to-thirties crowd who don't want to be bothered by screaming children.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Ciara
"Highly recommend - you feel you are on vacation!"
It's my go to hotel in LA - convenient, close to beach with excellent food.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Beautiful hotel in Santa Monica"
This is a beautiful boutique hotel close to the Beach. Our room was nice and the staff very serviceminded:-)
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Viceroy - a great place to stay"
Excellent property with great service from all staff. Don't be fooled by the exterior.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
alexh
"Great vibe and service with a good location"
The hotel is a lovely boutique property with a very nice decor and funky vibe. I loved the pool area. When I arrived late Friday night there was a DJ playing loud music in the lobby bar. When I went to my 2nd floor room I heard nothing so the sound there is very good. The service was extremely attentive, helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the stay. The location is a little farther from the central shopping area and restaurants but all within an easy walk. It is on a busy street and you must cross the street and walk a block and a half to get to the beach. I paid a higher rate and booked a partial ocean view room. Save your money and don't bother because the way it was described on the website was not accurate. I had a second floor room and did not have an ocean view. I did nicely mention my disappointment in how it was described and the rate difference to the front desk and they were very apologetic and did make an adjustment to my rate. That told me a lot about the quality of their management. I had a plumbing problem in my sink for all three days but they did respond to it promptly once I called. Jack at the front desk was welcoming and sweet as was all the staff that went out of their way with great service. For the price, it would have been nice to be on the beach like some of the other properties but I liked the feel of the hotel versus the bigger chain properties.
3 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Ellen T
"First and only time"
Out of all the luxury hotels in Santa Monica I would rate viceroy at the bottom. Staff is friendly. That's the only thing I would say that's good about the hotel.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Nice, but disappointed"
I was booked and paid for one of the Viceroy's one bedroom Empire Suites. When I arrived, I was given a room that looked nothing like the photos of the suite. I had to call down to the front desk and ask what room I was in, and they called it a "Jr. Suite" although it was little more than a large single room. I reiterated that my reservation was for an Empire Suite, but was basically told that they didn't have one available. Since the room was pre-paid through Hotels.com, I expected a refund for the difference of the room prices. They wouldn't provide that, but instead gave me $150 food and beverage credit. That was nice of them, but I was there by myself for only one night, there was little way I was going to use up that amount of money on food and beverages. After applying the $35 per night parking charge, I left with a credit balance of almost $75, of which I was basically out of luck. The hotel is dreary on the outside, but beautiful on the inside. My room was strangely decorated, and the balconies are basically non-existant. The most positive aspect of my experience at the hotel was the people are all VERY friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2014
"Some logistical/communication issues"
The Viceroy is my hotel of choice when visiting LA and specifically Santa Monica. We were arriving late (around 11 pm) so I called the hotel early that day to check on and confirm a couple of things. I was told there was 24 hour room service as we were going to be hungry when we got there. It turned out there was no food or room service after 11. Also, we had a reservation of 2 rooms, one for our daughter, and it was confirmed that the rooms had been assigned next to each other and would be held for our arrival-they were not. Other than this, the Viceroy experience was as lovely as always but I was disappointed by the inaccurate information I had gotten.
1 night trip Jan 22, 2014
ammendlow
"Would go again"
Most helpful info from staff; friendly. excellent suggestions for dining out and shopping. Nice food and great bar at hotel. Extremely quick room service. VERY clean and comfortable
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Trip to BCS National Championship Game"
Outstanding trip and experience. If you haven't visited Santa Moncia it's worth your time and money.....
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
rap
"Posh hotel close to everything"
We flew in for a few days before NYE. This place is not much from the outside, but amazing on the inside...so modern, posh and full of LA style. Amazing. Our bed was beyond comfortable, the room was clean, and the hotel was within easy walking distance to everything you'd want to do in Santa Monica. I'd stay here again without hesitation.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Excellent Hotel, horrible Valet"
Terrific hotel, very clean, rooms very nice, and great service. In fact my wife commented on the nice smells and excellent house keeping services. Now the bad part, the Valet is a joke, getting in due to the construction is a joke (Bad Signage from street). When we drove up the Valet took our car and later I saw it backed into a tree, this is a car with a Rearview Camera and Blind Spot Assists. Its apparent the Valet did not care one bit. Only negative of trip.
2 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2013
Anthony Tonokaboni
"Classic Hotel with a great night life"
Very comfortable hotel and room. The bar is cool and the nightlife at the bar is fun. The food at the hotel was fantastic and the service was great. The only negatives we found were the pool is shaded most of the day so if you want to lay in the sun this isn't the place. The other negative, which is temporary, is the sidewalk on the hotel side of the street is closed due to construction and was a slight inconvenience.
4 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Nice very good spot for romance!"
Absouly amazing! Good food. Friendly staff. Champign at check in with good cookies
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Nice - but pool area is more a party space"
Nice, fashionable hotel, but pool area is more a party space than pool. Music at night can be loud and the crowd too much for a hotel to relax. Nice bar and restaurant, though!
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"Elegant place with spectacular views."
Just spent an enjoyable weekend at the Viceroy. Close to the beach, friendly staff, tasty breakfast menu. Note: the pools are smaller than they appear on the adverising photos.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Annual sister trip....#4"
My 3 sisters and I come here every year. We always stay at the Viceroy. LOVE this hotel. My only complaint is the quality of toilet paper. It is very cheap, single ply and quite rough on our delicate bums. Otherwise...A+ 100% AWESOME!!!!!
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2013
Dani
"Great Hotel close to the Pier"
Because of being an Elite Plus member, we were offered a free champagne upon arrival, and an upgraded suite overlooking the water. Pool was small, but could tell that before we came. Cool bar and lounge area. Hotel is within walking distance to Santa Monica Beach and Pier.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
Anna
"Unique hotel in a great location near the beach"
very friendly staff and comfortable facilities
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2013