All hotels in Southfield, Michigan, United States of America
27500 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI, 48034, United States of America, ‏‎866-538-6206

Food is all right
    Dirty
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
"Make your branding a priority."
Our experience at the Baymont Inn could have been better. Upon entering the lobby the appearance and the friendly hospitality from the front desk was great. But my family and myself felt somewhat deceive to find there was not a microwave and/or compact refrigarator in our room, therefore making the cost for the room too much. In addition, we were not satisfied with the limited food selections of the,"hot/cold breakfast." Most hotels at least have bacon and eggs with their breakfast. When asked for a tray to take our breakfast to our room we were told due to guest not returning the trays they no longer made them available. Isn't that what the security deposit is for, when guest damage or vandalize something? This was a big inconvenience for me and my family.
1 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2016
"GREAT POOL"
WE WENT THERE FOR MY GRANDSON BDAY, THE CLERK WAS ACCOMADATING, MY GRAND KIDS REALLY ENJOYED THEMSELVES IN THE POOL. WE WILL BE GOING BACK.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2016
CAROL
"Excellent decision"
With hotels 2 miles up the road going for 50 dollars more, staying here was a easy choice. Ryan at the front desk noticed I had flowers for my wife and when I mentioned it was her birthday, he upgraded us. Hotel was clean, quiet and perfect. I highly recommend and will be going back
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
Nicholas
"disappointed"
very disappointed. Room was old and run down. The lobby looked great... but that's where it ends. The pool was a disaster! garbage laying around, no tp in restroom. The room was for four... had two towels. No remote for the tv. If I hadn't gotten it thru Hotel.com we would of left... but it was already paid for. ALSO a $50 deposit I didn't know about until I got there... it was for my daughters birthday, she was mad at me!
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2016
"HORRIBLE Stay!"
Horrible! The halls were filled with Louis teenagers ALL night, the water won't drain out of the tub after showering,the pool was dirty and the room was freezing I called downstairs the customer service agent said it wasn't anything she could do because she wasn't a manager.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
TAKEEYA
"Disliked"
I should be able to get a free room
4 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
brenda
There was a distruba version police arrived after about 1 hr. Manager should have stepped in sooner
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2015
"Baymont Inn & Suites experience"
Hotel service was annoying, but overall not a bad experience i guess, good for the price.
1 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2015
Everything was great. My favorite hotel for the dollar. The only downfall is the workstation area in the room. The table is too high and all rooms have a normal four wooden post chair. Most hotels have a table and office chair that are conducive for the business person needing to work on their laptop. The pictures on line for review show chairs on rollers.
2 night business trip Dec 1, 2015
Herbert
"Nice Getaway"
Pool was extremely cold, but a very nice size, kids would have loved to stay in it longer, but too cold. Hot tub is a nice feature but was kinda dirty/oily.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Candy
"Middle of the road"
The first two nights were quiet and uneventful. The room was reasonably clean and comfortable. The hotel shows quite a bit of wear but was in line with what we paid. The third night we had some idiot banging on our door at 2am - this was followed by a number of short domestic confrontations just outside our door. Not sure if this was a one off or if the hotel attracts that type of clientele. Breakfast was good - never made it to the pool/hot tub. I would check the other reviews for noise complaints before booking again.
3 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
April
"Mediocre"
First room was unacceptable and the second was okay.
3 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Ronald
"Not to thrilled ."
Upon arrival it took forever to be greeted at the front desk. Then my card was overcharged by a hundred dollars had to get thatfixed although the front desk was telling me it wasn't then to find out it was a error with their systems and I had to go through so much to get my money back. The guest were quite noisy. The breakfast was lack luster. The halls were dim and has an odor. The security guard walks around with a gun which kinda made me feel as if the hotel was a little unsafe
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
"Good Hotel"
Very Good Hotel for the price. Nice Clean. You will not be dissapointed
3 night business trip Nov 22, 2015
Ajay
"Weekend stay"
My weekend stay was overall enjoyable. The towels, mattresses, and bedding could use an update. Bed was not comfortable. Also pool area was not well lit in the evening. Most of the lights were out. Besides the few comfort things, my stay was great. Staff was very nice. They always spoke to you in the hallways with a smile. Buffet was nice as well. Please add fresh fruit if possible. Thank you
2 night business trip Nov 20, 2015
"Probably wouldn't choose this hotel again."
The hotel itself was fine, but the hall smelled like marijuana. As we went down the very crowded hall to get to our room, we walked past an open room (obviously a party) where an employee was telling the people inside to have a great night. This was the room the weed smell was coming from. I find it interesting that an employee was okay with this going on since there was a sign in the front lobby regarding a security deposit just in case there was cleaning that needed to be done from things such as smoking. Also, every time a door in the hall opened, the door to our room would move just enough to hit something metal, waking me up all night long. Very annoying.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
This was one of the most disturbing hotel stays I had in a long time. The pool area was dark with 17 lights out over the pool and only 12 working ones. I had three of my grandchildren with me and they had to witness a fight , bad language and police being called. I asked to get a refund but we told I couldn't. I will never go back!
audrey
Receptionist was very helpful and polite
linda m.
Cool for price. Breakfast was also good.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
quincy
"Pleasantly Surprised !!!!!!"
We came to this hotel due to fact we had a bad experience at another local hotel (the Hawthorn in Southfield) and still needed to temporarily stay somewhere other than our home. The Staff were great, the rooms were clean and the experience was satisfying. We would stay at this location again if we would ever need to.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
Married in MI
"should be more upfront about hotel deposit."
I arrived around 3:15 when check in was 3:00 pm. One of my biggest problems was I paid for this hotel in advanced, I did not see or was not notified that I would have to leave 100$ deposit. (I had to scramble to come up with the deposit fee. This really upset me, I thought I was all ready to relax, and starting it off with fine print... Another Gripe of mine was the Window in the room, The window in the room was connected to the pool. Our room smelled heavy heavy heavy chlorine. My eyes were burning, I wish I was kidding. My friends and I turned on the AC in hopes of ridding this smell but even our pillows we brought from home, had a strong smell of chlorine.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
Zack
The room they gave us did not have a controller in it the TV did not work there was still closed in the bathroom it was not clean the alarm clock and the phone did not work
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
"Poor hotel"
To many people hanging out in hallways and outside. Room was very dusty. Not enough bath towels. Employees at breakfast not friendly or helpful. Had attitude, which made us feel very uncomfortable
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Victoria
"Not happy"
Took forever to get extra towels because there was only one set in the bathroom. .
1 night trip Sep 27, 2015
"Great stay !"
Overnight stopover stay on a trip with friends to Detroit.Services was great and prompt.Room was very clean and linens fresh.
1 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
"Bed With No Linens/Why Do 3 People Need 3 Towels"
Saturday: Room seemed nice enough; asked for a rollaway bed on my request when reserving; I reminded a very nice, responsive clerk who was on duty that I needed a rollaway bed. When hubby went to car, he discovered that his key card didn't work. He went to registration and got it redone. We went to dinner and then my key card did not work! So I went to registration after discovering that no linens or pillow came with the bed and asked for such. The clerk located sheets/pillow and I returned to the room. After inspecting the bathroom, I discovered there was not a 3rd set of towels (occupancy of 3 was indicated on room order). I go back to the lobby and let the nice clerk know I needed towels. He again scurried around until I got them! I return to room with towels but discover some type of debris under the fitted sheet. Sunday: Out all day. When we return to the room, neither key worked. I went to registration and got both cards reset. No 3rd set of towels on Day 2. Called Housekeeping but I never received. Again, kudos to the Saturday night desk clerk. He was trying to work even though the phones were ringing, guests were coming in and he was getting no help. I neglected to get his name and wished that I had so that I could commend him.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
Willinda
"NEEDS MAJOR UPDATING!"
First attempt to check-in was not allowed as reservation was made under spouse name. Hotel would not let me check in. Had to call Expedia to have them change reservation. They responded within 5 minutes! Hat's off to Expedia...checked into room, which was 3/4 of the way down long hallway...there were minimal people staying at hotel...The pillow on the bed were the size of throw pillows on a couch. The television reception was terrible, fuzzy/blurry, NOT HD & the volume varied between stations. There was almost ZERO covers on the bed & once you rolled-over, the fitted sheets became un-done as they barely covered the bed. The fan on the air/heater didn't work properly. The Kleenex box in the bathroom was empty. There was only one 1/4 roll of toilet paper & no spare, Because of no Kleenex, had to use TP sparingly! The hot water in the shower BARELY lasted long enough for me to wash hair...3 minutes! Positive Note...The Biscuits & Gravy at breakfast were good!
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Kolbeashi
The front lobby and breakfast were modern and clean, but I had to ask to be transferred to another room after checking in and getting settled and finding trash and thick dust in the bathroom. It was the night before my wedding and it was an inconvenience to transfer rooms, but it had to be done. The staff was accommodating, but didn't seem very upset about the room not being cleaned.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Shannon
"Good Safe and Clean"
I was looking forward to using the pool and the hot tub but it was under maintenance at the time. Nice staff.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
toni
I will not stay at this hotel again nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
"Not like the photos"
Very bad. My stay was not as I expected. The review and photos presented a nice room, but this was not nice.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"No no and NO"
This hotel was decent if you just need somewhere to sleep. Had to wait hours for a Samsung remote control for our tv instead of the random Phillips one that was in the room. It was pretty crowded with a lot of young people so there was probably some event going on. The elevator was terrifying. There was a very long line at breakfast because the waffle machine was extra slow, plus breakfast was waffles, biscuits, and sausage gravy. The OJ was even out. I had to move our bed to find my comb and lo and behold a nasty used condom. Lastly, the hold for the deposit they put on your card will stay there for a week, regardless of how you book the room. I will never stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Kristina
"Do not stay here!!!!"
Caution stay only = If you are desperate, no other hotels are available and your o.k. with a nasty room! The bathroom was gross - besides the hair everywhere, I couldn't figure out if the black substance in the tub was mold, dirt, etc. I wasn't sure if someone actually cleaned the room prior to my stay, since there was also items in the refrigerator that included a half of an McDonald's soda. Yes there was a 32in flat screen but updates would be better served on new tubs!! Gross!!!!
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
nice hotel better than many others no complaints besides the incidental fee stuff but oh well still a nice place
1 night trip Oct 15, 2015
"No heat in pool, just outside the doors of the hot"
The heated pool didn't work, and people flying around the parking lot @3am .While shady individuals wait by the doors to be let in by customers who have keys.alot of unaccounted people being let in.those individuals take up all the amenities for free and are not approached to leave accordingly.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2015
Anthony
"Was not impressed..... poor"
Bathroom was not up to standard strange odor from bed... Had to get Lysol to spray covers... Power outlets in bathroom did not work!!! Was very uncomfortable
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
Mr Delaney
"Needed improve"
No replacement of bathroom consumable. Elevator not working. Poor breakfast. But, kind staffs.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
There was a cheerleader lockdown that day so the pool & breakfast was extremely crowded & loud at night. Will not stay there again. They could have told us so we could have went else where.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2015
nicola
"right room"
when I first checked in we had a room off the pool, the room was not cleaned the bathtub had hair in it, the air condition did not work... the staff gave me another room, that room was ok, the lights by the bed did not work, and some of the plugs did not work, the other issue is the noise in the room from the pool is very loud. the bed was comfortable, but the sheets kept coming off the bed
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
Eva
"They ought to be ASHAMED!!!!"
The first room that I was given had no working lights except for the bathroom lights. Went back to the front desk to ask for another room. The next room I was given was filthy!!! The beds had dirty linen on them. The carpet and the bathroom was dirty. The room just had a dirty smell to it. There were liquor bottles on the floor in the hallway. The young man at the front desk was very unprofessional. I am extremely disappointed. This was my first and last stay at Baymont Inn. I expected better since it is part of the Wyndham chain.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Ms. G
Amazing breakfast and good location, very quiet surrounding
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
liwen
We chose Baymont in Southfield for our weekend in Detroit for a few reasons. We have stayed in a number of Baymonts, they're nothing fancy but have always been clean and comfortable. This one was tired, run down, and not well kept- stained carpet and furniture, less than clean bathroom, non-working phone, terrible linens and bedding, among other things. The hotel staff was inattentive and not horribly helpful- we waiting for 10 minutes to check in, breakfast was not stocked while employees stood around, we weren't able to get basic room supplies restocked (toilet paper, extra towels, etc.) Having gone to school in Detroit 10-15 years ago, my family always stayed in Southfield because it was close but was a pretty good area. I didn't realize that had changed, this was quite evident by the clientele of the hotel. I wasn't all that comfortable going to the parking lot to go to the car without my husband. This was not the family friendly accommodation my husband and I were hoping for. We were both very glad it was just the 2 of us and that it wasn't a family weekend. Wishing we had spent a little bit more to stay elsewhere
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Ok"
Good
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
"Not easy to find."
We had a Friday & Saturday night reservation. Attended a afternoon wedding and returned to find our rooms not serviced. Asked for clean towels and were told they would deliver them. . .never got any. Staff was snippy with each other and customers. . .didn't care about helping.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Cat
"I'd stay at this hotel again!"
It was great! The room was clean and the staff was very nice. I was actually surprised!
1 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Ayeshah
"Never again"
Got in very late, hotel smelled like mildew and an old age home. Room looked run down with smelly sheets, and the staff wasn't very friendly. Sign on the door said checkout was 12pm but got woken up at 11 by a rude staff member practically kicking us out, acting like he was being generous by giving us until 11:30. Will not stay again or recommend to anyone, try the courtyard Marriott or the Mariott nearby, they are much more clean and friendly.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Givon
"Fine"
Good enough
5 night business trip Sep 13, 2015
"Great location for easy access."
My stay was jump started by a member of the team, Sam the desk clerk. He was courteous and kind in getting me a room a little early after I had drove for 15 hours to get to Southfield. All the house keeping staff were efficient in their duties. The only set back was the breakfast food. Sometimes it was over cooked and then it was under cooked. There is a bad taste in your mouth when you taste the powder in the eggs and the link sausage is burned black on one side.
4 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
Robert E
"Not all that good."
Just not the best stay for me. Needs better television's.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Andre
"once or twice a year to shop."
It was a good stay. Worker seems to be press for time.
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015