All hotels in Southfield, Michigan, United States of America

Food is not good
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
The hotel gets crazy at night. Although I was a resident at the hotel, I could not use the pool facility at night because someone was having a party and charging $20 to enter. The lobby that night was like a club scene. I would stay there again though.
3 night romance trip Apr 7, 2016
Tina
"Dirty room"
uncomfortable
1 night trip Apr 11, 2016
"VERY BAD"
MY STAY WAS VERY BAD I SLAPED AND FALL IN THE ELEDVADER OTHER KNOD ON MY DOOR AND RAN UNTIL 3:OOAM MORNING CHILDERN THEY WERE VERY DISRESPACTFUL AND HOTEL STAFF COULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THINGS
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
Stanley
"Not worth the money"
It was quiet which was the only good thing. We had no toilet paper when we can in, we found a cup of water from the previous people that stayed in the fridge, there was no comforter, and the bed was super uncomfortable. Also the breakfast tasted awful. The neighborhood was also pretty sketchy. I would definitely pick a different hotel last time.
1 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2016
staff member erica was very rude & disrespectful but everybody else deserves a Raise
2 night family trip Mar 4, 2016
"NEVER AGAIN!"
Not professional, swimming pool water was nasty looking, my room was not comforting, trash in the hall all not from everyone room so I was creeped out! Not good communication from the front desk at all! . I wanted peace didn't get that, I will never go back and I will never recommend anyone to go there either. Didn't like the smell. Didn't deel safe all the doors that said keep close at all times for your safety was open! Worse experience ever !
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2016
"Get what you pay for"
You get what you pay for. Room itself was actually pretty comfortable I was afraid to look too closely because the hallways, entry, elevators, exercise equipment and carpeting were a mess. Wet pool towels, paper, and broken cookies in the carpet, two broken treadmills, a creaky elevator, and an understaffed hotel not meant for attracting travelers accustomed to good hotel service.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2016
Anne
"Tragically horrible."
I didn't even stay because when I got there they gave me a king sized bed when I asked for two double beds and said there was nothing they could do when I had already paid.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2016
Dominique
Other than the location, I will not recommend this hotel to my colleagues.
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2016
"G.O.A.T"
Taiwan was the greatest desk person of all time.
2 night trip Feb 24, 2016
It was better than expected. Nice and clean, peaceful and quiet. I would stay here for every vacation.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2016
Sheena
"Worst hotel in all of Oakland County Mi- BEWARE"
This hotel is HORRIBLE! We stayed here for 7 days. 2 of those days the room was not even cleaned. The pool is closed. 1 day they told us breakfast will NOT be available. I selected pay at hotel for my booking, without calling they charged my card for the room for 2 nights. I called and thehostess said they would take care of it and to call back in 30 minutes to confirm. I called back and the hostess tried says the manager wasn't available. So I asked if she could check to see if it was done. she the got an attitude and then hung up the phone in my face. I called back explaining everythingto the manager, he completely dismisses the fact that their hostess hung up the phone in my face. He then tries to tell me that hotels.com charge my card and not of them. After all of this he treats the entire thing like its no big deal but we agree that I can get my refund and they can charge the correct card which was my husband's card. When I get there, the ONLY MANAGER left for the night. After speaking to hotels.com on the phone tonight we verified that they did not charge my card.So at this point I'm still waiting to be refunded and charged on the correct card. Do not go to this hotel I am seriously warning you now. If after staying for a week they have no care or concerned about customer service ask yourself how your stay will be if you come to this location.
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
Paige
"not good"
Upon arrival my room wasn't ready but I was accomodated with a even better room for my price.. My room was poolside so I was satisfied. On the way to getting in the pool the gate got stick and jammed so no one could get in or out so that took up a half hour. The water was extremely cold so was the pool area.. After having a Lil fun in the pool with family returned to the room got everything situated. Only to fond out the TV didn't work even after hotel worker came.. Everything else was nice except a sticky patch on our floor..
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
LaTasha
"Just Saying........"
I was disappointed in the lack of amenities. We had to ask for a coffee maker. The sheets were worn and dingy and we wondered if they were clean.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
Room floor was dirty. There wete not enough towels in room or pool area. Staff never brought any although we asked several times. The staff was rude and we asked for trash bags and they told us they didnt know where the housekeepers kept them.seems likeots of young people work there who are more interested in hanging with friends and than doing their job.
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2016
delilah
"Make your branding a priority."
Our experience at the Baymont Inn could have been better. Upon entering the lobby the appearance and the friendly hospitality from the front desk was great. But my family and myself felt somewhat deceive to find there was not a microwave and/or compact refrigarator in our room, therefore making the cost for the room too much. In addition, we were not satisfied with the limited food selections of the,"hot/cold breakfast." Most hotels at least have bacon and eggs with their breakfast. When asked for a tray to take our breakfast to our room we were told due to guest not returning the trays they no longer made them available. Isn't that what the security deposit is for, when guest damage or vandalize something? This was a big inconvenience for me and my family.
1 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2016
"GREAT POOL"
WE WENT THERE FOR MY GRANDSON BDAY, THE CLERK WAS ACCOMADATING, MY GRAND KIDS REALLY ENJOYED THEMSELVES IN THE POOL. WE WILL BE GOING BACK.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2016
CAROL
"Excellent decision"
With hotels 2 miles up the road going for 50 dollars more, staying here was a easy choice. Ryan at the front desk noticed I had flowers for my wife and when I mentioned it was her birthday, he upgraded us. Hotel was clean, quiet and perfect. I highly recommend and will be going back
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
Nicholas
"disappointed"
very disappointed. Room was old and run down. The lobby looked great... but that's where it ends. The pool was a disaster! garbage laying around, no tp in restroom. The room was for four... had two towels. No remote for the tv. If I hadn't gotten it thru Hotel.com we would of left... but it was already paid for. ALSO a $50 deposit I didn't know about until I got there... it was for my daughters birthday, she was mad at me!
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2016
"HORRIBLE Stay!"
Horrible! The halls were filled with Louis teenagers ALL night, the water won't drain out of the tub after showering,the pool was dirty and the room was freezing I called downstairs the customer service agent said it wasn't anything she could do because she wasn't a manager.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
TAKEEYA
"Disliked"
I should be able to get a free room
4 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
brenda
There was a distruba version police arrived after about 1 hr. Manager should have stepped in sooner
1 night business trip Dec 28, 2015
"Not a good experience this time"
Ok, so my fiance went to check us in while my daughter and I stayed in the car. The female clerk told him since we booked our room through Expedia, the room was paid for and everything was set, but we clicked the pay later option. I knew better and made sure we didn't spend the room money though just incase they asked for it when it was time to check out. He said that she was flirting and instead of giving the correct room number, she told him something different. We got to the room that she said, but the key didn't work. We tried several times before we decided to go back downstairs. When we got there she said not to put the keys near electronics, she reprogramed the keys. We went back upstairs to the end of the long hallway just for it not to work again. I noticed on the key folder that it said a different room number than what she said, so we had to walk to the other side of the long hallway. We got there, but the door was jammed and had to give a hard push. We had a window view of the indoor pool which was cool, glad it wasn't busy, or it would have been annoyingly noisey. As we were unpacking, I noticed some socks on the floor that wasn't ours. I threw them away. The sheets on the bed didn't fit that well and the cover was pretty thin. The tv channels were basic, nothing special, and we couldn't order anything. We decided to get in the pool, but it was cold so went settled for the hot tub. Checkout was a hassle, like I thought it would be.
Other trip Dec 31, 2015
"Baymont Inn & Suites experience"
Hotel service was annoying, but overall not a bad experience i guess, good for the price.
1 night trip with friends Dec 21, 2015
"Ok"
We were in town for a funeral and chose this since it was close to where we needed to be. The hotel lobby has definitely been redone recently and was very nice. The elevator could have used the same revamping as it is definitely dated. We got to our room and it was nice and updated, but the bedding left much to be desired. The top blanket was wrinkled and looked like it had already been slept in. The sheets had something on it as well. We would have called downstairs, but the hotel phone was not working. We had to have someone come in and remake the bed. She was very nice and that's why the staff gets my highest rating! The only other thing that was a little meh was that rather than having a toilet paper holder, the toilet paper was just on a shelf. Not the norm for a hotel by far!
Other trip Dec 20, 2015
Everything was great. My favorite hotel for the dollar. The only downfall is the workstation area in the room. The table is too high and all rooms have a normal four wooden post chair. Most hotels have a table and office chair that are conducive for the business person needing to work on their laptop. The pictures on line for review show chairs on rollers.
2 night business trip Dec 1, 2015
Herbert
"Nice Getaway"
Pool was extremely cold, but a very nice size, kids would have loved to stay in it longer, but too cold. Hot tub is a nice feature but was kinda dirty/oily.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2015
Candy
"Middle of the road"
The first two nights were quiet and uneventful. The room was reasonably clean and comfortable. The hotel shows quite a bit of wear but was in line with what we paid. The third night we had some idiot banging on our door at 2am - this was followed by a number of short domestic confrontations just outside our door. Not sure if this was a one off or if the hotel attracts that type of clientele. Breakfast was good - never made it to the pool/hot tub. I would check the other reviews for noise complaints before booking again.
3 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
April
"Mediocre"
First room was unacceptable and the second was okay.
3 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
Ronald
"Excellence still in progress"
This hotel used to be really, really nice but after all the so called updates some more work is needed. It was not as clean as I am used to nor as clean as I would have liked it to be. ( I have a few pictures) On a good note the staff was very pleasant and helpful which for me is most important. Another good thing was the breakfast, eggs sausage waffles, breakfast potatoes, bagels, croissants, cereal, yogurt and fruit. I mean just a nice hot breakfast offered but you have the ability to just grab something quick.
Other trip Nov 29, 2015
Domonique
"Not to thrilled ."
Upon arrival it took forever to be greeted at the front desk. Then my card was overcharged by a hundred dollars had to get thatfixed although the front desk was telling me it wasn't then to find out it was a error with their systems and I had to go through so much to get my money back. The guest were quite noisy. The breakfast was lack luster. The halls were dim and has an odor. The security guard walks around with a gun which kinda made me feel as if the hotel was a little unsafe
2 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
"Good Hotel"
Very Good Hotel for the price. Nice Clean. You will not be dissapointed
3 night business trip Nov 22, 2015
Ajay
"Weekend stay"
My weekend stay was overall enjoyable. The towels, mattresses, and bedding could use an update. Bed was not comfortable. Also pool area was not well lit in the evening. Most of the lights were out. Besides the few comfort things, my stay was great. Staff was very nice. They always spoke to you in the hallways with a smile. Buffet was nice as well. Please add fresh fruit if possible. Thank you
2 night business trip Nov 20, 2015
"Probably wouldn't choose this hotel again."
The hotel itself was fine, but the hall smelled like marijuana. As we went down the very crowded hall to get to our room, we walked past an open room (obviously a party) where an employee was telling the people inside to have a great night. This was the room the weed smell was coming from. I find it interesting that an employee was okay with this going on since there was a sign in the front lobby regarding a security deposit just in case there was cleaning that needed to be done from things such as smoking. Also, every time a door in the hall opened, the door to our room would move just enough to hit something metal, waking me up all night long. Very annoying.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
This was one of the most disturbing hotel stays I had in a long time. The pool area was dark with 17 lights out over the pool and only 12 working ones. I had three of my grandchildren with me and they had to witness a fight , bad language and police being called. I asked to get a refund but we told I couldn't. I will never go back!
audrey
Receptionist was very helpful and polite
linda m.
Cool for price. Breakfast was also good.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2015
quincy
"Pleasantly Surprised !!!!!!"
We came to this hotel due to fact we had a bad experience at another local hotel (the Hawthorn in Southfield) and still needed to temporarily stay somewhere other than our home. The Staff were great, the rooms were clean and the experience was satisfying. We would stay at this location again if we would ever need to.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
Married in MI
"should be more upfront about hotel deposit."
I arrived around 3:15 when check in was 3:00 pm. One of my biggest problems was I paid for this hotel in advanced, I did not see or was not notified that I would have to leave 100$ deposit. (I had to scramble to come up with the deposit fee. This really upset me, I thought I was all ready to relax, and starting it off with fine print... Another Gripe of mine was the Window in the room, The window in the room was connected to the pool. Our room smelled heavy heavy heavy chlorine. My eyes were burning, I wish I was kidding. My friends and I turned on the AC in hopes of ridding this smell but even our pillows we brought from home, had a strong smell of chlorine.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2015
Zack
The room they gave us did not have a controller in it the TV did not work there was still closed in the bathroom it was not clean the alarm clock and the phone did not work
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
"Poor hotel"
To many people hanging out in hallways and outside. Room was very dusty. Not enough bath towels. Employees at breakfast not friendly or helpful. Had attitude, which made us feel very uncomfortable
2 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Victoria
"Not happy"
Took forever to get extra towels because there was only one set in the bathroom. .
1 night trip Sep 27, 2015
"Great stay !"
Overnight stopover stay on a trip with friends to Detroit.Services was great and prompt.Room was very clean and linens fresh.
1 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2015
"Bed With No Linens/Why Do 3 People Need 3 Towels"
Saturday: Room seemed nice enough; asked for a rollaway bed on my request when reserving; I reminded a very nice, responsive clerk who was on duty that I needed a rollaway bed. When hubby went to car, he discovered that his key card didn't work. He went to registration and got it redone. We went to dinner and then my key card did not work! So I went to registration after discovering that no linens or pillow came with the bed and asked for such. The clerk located sheets/pillow and I returned to the room. After inspecting the bathroom, I discovered there was not a 3rd set of towels (occupancy of 3 was indicated on room order). I go back to the lobby and let the nice clerk know I needed towels. He again scurried around until I got them! I return to room with towels but discover some type of debris under the fitted sheet. Sunday: Out all day. When we return to the room, neither key worked. I went to registration and got both cards reset. No 3rd set of towels on Day 2. Called Housekeeping but I never received. Again, kudos to the Saturday night desk clerk. He was trying to work even though the phones were ringing, guests were coming in and he was getting no help. I neglected to get his name and wished that I had so that I could commend him.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
Willinda
"NEEDS MAJOR UPDATING!"
First attempt to check-in was not allowed as reservation was made under spouse name. Hotel would not let me check in. Had to call Expedia to have them change reservation. They responded within 5 minutes! Hat's off to Expedia...checked into room, which was 3/4 of the way down long hallway...there were minimal people staying at hotel...The pillow on the bed were the size of throw pillows on a couch. The television reception was terrible, fuzzy/blurry, NOT HD & the volume varied between stations. There was almost ZERO covers on the bed & once you rolled-over, the fitted sheets became un-done as they barely covered the bed. The fan on the air/heater didn't work properly. The Kleenex box in the bathroom was empty. There was only one 1/4 roll of toilet paper & no spare, Because of no Kleenex, had to use TP sparingly! The hot water in the shower BARELY lasted long enough for me to wash hair...3 minutes! Positive Note...The Biscuits & Gravy at breakfast were good!
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Kolbeashi
The front lobby and breakfast were modern and clean, but I had to ask to be transferred to another room after checking in and getting settled and finding trash and thick dust in the bathroom. It was the night before my wedding and it was an inconvenience to transfer rooms, but it had to be done. The staff was accommodating, but didn't seem very upset about the room not being cleaned.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Shannon
"Good Safe and Clean"
I was looking forward to using the pool and the hot tub but it was under maintenance at the time. Nice staff.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
toni
I will not stay at this hotel again nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
"Not like the photos"
Very bad. My stay was not as I expected. The review and photos presented a nice room, but this was not nice.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"No no and NO"
This hotel was decent if you just need somewhere to sleep. Had to wait hours for a Samsung remote control for our tv instead of the random Phillips one that was in the room. It was pretty crowded with a lot of young people so there was probably some event going on. The elevator was terrifying. There was a very long line at breakfast because the waffle machine was extra slow, plus breakfast was waffles, biscuits, and sausage gravy. The OJ was even out. I had to move our bed to find my comb and lo and behold a nasty used condom. Lastly, the hold for the deposit they put on your card will stay there for a week, regardless of how you book the room. I will never stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2015