All hotels in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
123 S Illinois St, Indianapolis, IN, 46225, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
    4.8
"So sad"
Very disappointed in the remodel of what usroto be the Canterbury. It has lost all of it's charm. The hotel looks and feels very cheap. The internet service didn't work in our room. We couldn't get a bite to eat in the bar in the afternoon because they didn't have a bartender. Very disappointed.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Nice clean downtown hotel. I highly recommend this hotel! Nicest hotel I have stayed in that didn't cost a fortune. Had a nice luxurious bathroom and bed and we had a view of the football stadium. Excellent service and valet parking for a minimal fee.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Courtney
"anniversary stay!"
found this hotel on hotels.com and did not expect to have such a wonderful hotel for such a low price. Staff was amazing. Room was perfect. I have nothing bad to stay!
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Zachary
"Overpriced Luxury"
Television did not have good movie channels, on demand or any way to view media for that matter. Rooms were overpriced. Deluxe was bigger because of a 10 square foot difference yet I paid 50$ more. Only one bottled water in the room. Impossible to locate ice (on the 5th floor). Should have had more signs telling its location so I didn't have to walk around trying to find it. There were also no vending machines. Rooms were clean and valet was amazing.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"the best night ever"
It one of the best hotels I ever been to did not want to leave.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Very old hotel, newly renovated. Perfect location for access to all downtown activities. Temperatures were in the teens but we were able to go all over downtown without stepping outside; everything is connected. Modern decor, but with a warm feel. Very comfortable bed.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Rosie
"Top Notch."
My wife and I stayed during a convention and was memorized by the entire experience. The staff made us feel like celebrities, the hotel itself was emasculately clean and modern. When we checked in, we were literally checking in with celebrities. When we stay in Indy again, we will be retuning to this wonderful hotel and won't be breaking the bank doing so.
Cory Taylor
"Enjoyable. Vallet a bit pushy."
Was visiting for a wedding and picked his hotel it was great
heather
"Updated but small"
The room was comfortable, but much smaller than expected. In the description it said there was a tub/shower, however, there was only a shower. The pictures made the rooms, lobby and restaurant look much much larger than they are in person. It is actually quite small, and the ceiling heights and width of the hallways were very confined. The valet service was somewhat confusing, as there is no where specific to pull up. You have to park out on the street in the middle of traffic. My vehicle was parked out in the street for at least 20 minutes before being parked in the parking garage. The service was decent, and the bed was comfortable.
"Meridien Indy"
Wonderfully remodeled. Excellent staff/service ...
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
R C
"Loved this hotel"
Great location, very friendly staff and I loved the room!
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Sherri
"Minor issue..."
Very nice hotel! Really enjoyed our stay. Only one minor issue... We did not get housekeeping service after our first night. We left the hotel for the entire day and no one came to give us new coffee or cups. This minor issue would not be a reason to not go back and stay there in the future.
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Indy Hotel in the heart of the action"
Very nice hotel overall with nice amenities. My one compliant is the bathroom doors are on tracks and don't close all the way.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Marisa
"Great place to stay."
Great place to stay. Walking distance to everything there is to do downtown.
3 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Giorgio
Fresh. Modern. Beautiful. Excellent condition and service. Precisely as pictured. In the heart of downtown, within walking distance to Banker's Life Fieldhouse and other amentities. Parking garage directly across the street if you choose not to valet. Rooms are snug, but very cozy. Breakfast is not complimentary, however menu is exquisite. Will recommend and be staying again in the future.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Brooke
"excellent"
Staff was amazing. I recommend this hotel to anyone. They took good car of me and even enjoyed driving my m3 I couldn't have asked for a better hotel or staff.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
david
"Le Meridien 1/31/15"
Very nice hotel. Staff was helpful arranging for transportation to an event we were attending. Room was mostly clean (found some hair in the shower) and comfortable. Good location to restaurants and shopping. I would recommend if staying in downtown Indianapolis.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Patrick
"Indianapolis Hotel close to everything!"
Our first impression was TWO doormen rushing to our car to collect our bags and manage parking, etc. This type of extra-service was the norm throughout the stay. Eventually I just left the rental car in the garage because almost everywhere I needed to go was within walking distance of the hotel. Charming property, great services and located next to everything!
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Game Day Stay"
We frequently stay downtown to catch games during basketball season. And usually, we try different places. This time, we chose a prime location. Close to eateries, close to shopping, early checking and very close to the coliseum. We may just make this our "Go To" location from now on.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Shelly
"I would stay here again."
Very good!
1 night trip Jan 27, 2015
Ben
"Downtown Indy"
Fabulous! Wonderful staff. Very clean. Perfect location!
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Nikki
"Nice Experience!!"
Had a wonderful Staycation at Le Meridien!! I called guest services and was told they would call me back. I left the room before the call came and while walking around the lounge, one of the staff saw me and addressed me by name to follow up with me on the questions I had. I was impressed that he knew my name as I had not checked in with him and just gave a very personable and comfortable feel.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Nice Stay"
everyone WAS PLEASENT AND Hotel looked very nice. Only complaint the toilet ran all night but I told them and I am sure they fixed it.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2015
craig
"Downtown Indy"
Great location, room was small but wonderful. Staff was friendly and helpful . The restaurant on site was excellent
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Lauren
"Nice new Hotel in Indianapolis"
I love this hotel. It's only been open a month and everything is pristine. The room is very stylish. The bath is tiled in marble and the entire room is done up modern. The down side is that the room I had was next to the elevator so I could hear the elevator coming and going all night. This is my new favorite Indy hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
yvonne
"Once upon a time"
Staff helpful, rooms very clean, close proximity to several interesting activities, if I have to find anything negative at all it would be that the elevators were just a touch small. Everything else was great
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Noisy"
The renovations done to the hotel were very nice. The hotel room was extremely noisy. Doors slamming closed constantly all day long and thin walls--could hear conversations through the walls. Very disruptive.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great staff and Clean Room!"
We stayed overnight here because we had tickets to a Colts Playoff game the next morning. The Hotel is newly renovated (it use to be the Canterbury). Terrific location-lots of restaurants and a mall all within a short walking distance. You do not have to use the valet- there is a parking garage directly across from the entrance that charges $22 for 24 hours so we parked there and walked to the game the next day and to all of our restaurants before that. The hotel is next to the St. Elmos steak restaurant, has a steak n shake and Rams brewery across from the entrance and many others very nearby. There is a skywalk to Circle Centre mall which has restaurants, a movie theater, and a Colts Pro shop! The hotel itself is small, only 99 rooms and feels a little small with small elevators, hallways, etc. The staff was terrific. We had booked a "classic" room but the gentleman who checked us in upgraded us to a "deluxe" room (I was told it was a little larger). The hotel was quiet, the room was clean, and it had a very nice 42" HDTV. The bed was clean but neither my husband or I thought it was very comfortable...a little on the stiff side. All-in-all I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...the service and the cleanliness is enough to win me over let alone the wonderful location of the hotel. Very nice stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Ginger
"Nice hotel, good location, subpar employee service"
Overall, the hotel was nice and in a very central location, especially for tourism. My first impression was not great as the doorman gave me incorrect parking information and I had to walk quite a distance in the cold and rain. He told me about a cut through in the mall but neglected to say I needed a room key to access it. Since I had not yet checked in (which he was aware of), this did me no good. Got to my room and everything was nice. Next morning as I was preparing for a business meeting, the fire alarm in the hotel went off. Turns out it was a false alarm but we still had to evacuate (again in freezing temps) and the 45 minute delay resulted in me being very late for said meeting, which was the primary purpose of my trip. I had no further issues other than discovering there was no business center (strange for an upscale hotel). I found a girl at the front desk who was happy to help with what I needed. This was a pleasant surprise since every employee I had dealt with prior to that point was not very service friendly. They all seemed to be punching a time clock and could care less about servicing their guests. Luckily I am pretty low maintenance with my needs so this did not bother me much but could be a big put off to some people. If you are looking for a nice room and a good location hotel, this is a fabulous option. If you are looking for good service from the employees, look elsewhere.
3 night business trip Dec 27, 2014
Michell
"Small rooms with super-thin walls"
Very new and therefore clean, but rooms were very small. The walls were thin allowing you to easily hear room next to, even with fan on constantly for noise. You hear everything going on in halls. Housekeeping came at 9am on New Year's Day and went up and down hall knocking and yelling housekeeping....obviously not finding many people checking out that early. There were no DO NOT DISTURB signs to put out.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Daryl
"Just pay for valet the first time"
My wife and I stayed there on New Year's Eve with my brother and his wife. Everything was very clean and nice. My only complaint was that when the valet offered to park my car and I asked him how much it was and he said $30 or I can park in the public lot across the street. Well, I cut four lanes of traffic across the street to find that lot was $22 for the night, not really worth the hassle. So I backed up and cut across those same four lanes of traffic again to have the valet park it. Had he told me up-front that the public lot was only $8 cheaper I would have just let him park it in the first place. A small complaint for an otherwise awesome stay. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Sexy hotel."
Great remodel and amazing hotel. Super stylish and great location.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Anniversary getaway"
Great quiet hotel downtown with modern updated rooms. Several issues with the restaurant however for breakfast-out of supplies, computer issues. Staff however were very accomodating with exchanges etc. close to downtown shopping and restaurants without getting in the car to travel.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Great location downtown"
Very pleased with the room and the staff. However disappointed to find out I had to pay $20 for parking despite the parking being advertised as free on Expedia at the time of my booking. Great place for couples but probably not for families of 2+ with the size of the room.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Excelent hotel near downtown"
Excellent hotel with good service and well located.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Sergio
"Quick Christmas Eve Stay"
We were excited about the makeover having stayed at the Canterbury a few times over the years. We enjoyed the newness, but this was a quick overnight stay without time to experiment the total of the changes. I think it takes too long for the hot water to arrive at the shower head, but this is my only complaint.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Randy
"It's brand new - good and bad"
The hotel is brand new. The upside is that the rooms at in fantastic shape. The downside is that it has a weird feeling of emptiness, and they're still doing construction in the lobby on the bar. The biggest downside was the way over priced breakfast, but that's typical with a Meridian. The staff was fantastic.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Christopher
"Great hotel, friendly staff"
Everyone is so kind and helpful, I felt like a VIP!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Weekend Getaway"
Friendliness of the staff was outstanding! The location allowed us to be right in the thick of things which worked out great. Look forward to another visit in the near future.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Roy
"New hotel review"
New renovation. Was ok.
3 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
"Small, very dark room,"
Difficult to understand what they are doing. Too sterile. Poor value.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Everett
"review"
The people at the hotel were awesome. The service provided was excellent. My wife and I were very happy.
2 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
chris
"Great hotel close to Lucas Oil Stadium."
Beautiful hotel, friendly staff. Highly recommend.
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
andy
"Newly remodeled, Close to Lucas Oil Stadium"
Formerly Canterbury Hotel. Lovely, newly remodeled, now under name Le Meridian. Upscale, chic décor done in Black, whites and grays. Within 2 blocks of Lucas Oil Stadium. Hotel was only open 5 days before we got there for the Big 10 Championship weekend. The staff was organized and prepared. They were friendly, efficient and on top of a chaotic weekend. Room was very comfortable, bathroom with state of the art shower, bed very comfortable, climate control accurate. Easy walking to downtown restaurants and stadium. Will definitely visit again.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
Beth
"loved this hotel!"
The service was very very nice. They opened the front door for me every time I got back to the hotel and every time I was going out. There was no creamer for the room coffee maker, so I asked the receptionist at the cafe restaurant inside the hotel if they have any. She said she cold get it for me. She came back with the steamed milk, and wrapped the top of the container to cover it so I would not have to worry about spilling on the way taking it to my room. Everything was very clean, and the hotel is located a block (same block) from the shopping mall. And very reasonable price. I will choose this hotel again.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
Abe
"Brand new - worth a try"
Its brand new so they are still working out some bugs, but good people and everyone has a great attitude. It's a nice place to stay, the rooms are nice and clean.
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"simply perfect"
Perfect from the very beginning. Every staff member so courteous and welcoming. Room incredibly clean. Room service was delicious and affordable. Highly recommended. Don't forget the bed...my god how comfortable.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Nicholas

"EXCELLENT!"
Nothing short of Perfect! This upscale facility is located downtown near many great restaurants, shops, sights... Rooms are peaceful and oversized with excellent amenities. The service is was impeccable. I definitely will stay here again!
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2015