All hotels in Plano, Texas, United States of America

KR

TripAdvisor reviews for Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway

"Stayed for two months"
01/13/16 Debbijoolson Maple Grove, Minnesota
Was in Plano for work, stayed for two months, the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping left much to be desired. Had to request sheets be changed at least every other week and not sure floors were even vacuumed weekly. Bathroom was given a cursory cleaning so all in all not impressed with housekeeping.
"Don't Stay Here!!"
12/31/15 jmgraffix Plano, Texas
OMG! This place was the worst hotel experience of my entire life, and I don't travel much!! If you're already here, stay away from room 124 ... BED BUGS!! Or just skip this hotel chain altogether. I stayed there last night :-( ... it was nearly 12am after a long day of work and I had finally relaxed in bed with a game on my iPad (and no cable/satellite TV btw, just local non-HD channels - REALLY?) and close to falling asleep, when suddenly I started itching. I got up to head to the bathroom and noticed a bed bug on my shirt. Then I ran back to the bed to check under the pillows and there were many ... ughh!! So immediately and furiously, I go to the front desk clerk and bring him to the room to show him the bugs on the bed. Thankfully the only good about my stay was that the clerk did put me in a room without bed bugs, paid for my laundry to wash all the bugs out, and the General Manger refunded me in-full for the weekly rate amount. So after a shower, I was up till at least 3:45am finishing laundry and had to be to work in McKinney by 8:30am. I gladly left this hotel for another hotel chain that is cleaner and newer with updated features and styling!! To add to the LACK in this hotel (issues the same for both rooms) ... (1) the shower head (in both rooms) does not stay still or fixed in the desired position, so there's a constant battle in keeping it from flooding the entire bathroom floor (no shower curb, floor is flat with no lip to keep the water in shower - BAD ENGINEERING!!). (2) The bathroom sink has no counter space, nor is there any counter space in the bathroom! (3) The counters and surfaces in the kitchenette were not wiped down very good, so who knows what was previously on there?! (4) The bed bug room also must have had bugs on the 2-seater couch as well because I had changed shirts, tossed it on the couch, yet it had bed bugs on it before adding with my other laundry. Extended Stay, your franchise really needs to step up their game and redo everything with CLEANLINESS (room cleaning more than just once a week) • Update your facilities and technology (TVs offered only local channels, the signal was 4:3 ratio NTSC on HD TVs, and no cable/satellite - pathetic!!) • Refrigerators were all marked and dented • The weekly rate here for me was $590, while a nicer, cleaner La Quinta Inn with updated features & styling with satellite TV has a weekly rate of only $489. Well... in the future, every hotel room that I ever check-in to will never be the same for me - that is because of that nightmare, I will always check every room for bed bugs before ever setting any of my belongings down in the room.
"I won't be going back"
12/13/15 Michael C
There is much better places to stay for the money and accommodations. Old hotel and looks cheap. Bed want comfortable. There is only 1 person at the front desk that runs the entire hotel. No business center. No hair dryers. If you ask for 1 they test the box of old dryers and most don't work. No glasses to drink water in your room. No coffee machine in the room. You can easily find a better place. Don't make the same mistake I did.
"Great place to stay in Dallas"
12/12/15 shira76 Los Angeles, California
Had a very nice experience here. From check in with Shivel (not sure if I got that spelling right). The room was nice and clean. Thought it was very strange that for and extended stay, we had to request kitchen utensils, and there was not even a coffee maker in the room. Things that could have been better: don't understand why there was a pass thru from the kitchen to the bedroom? if someone uses kitchen while someone is in bed, the light is very disturbing. Nice sitting area, again, would have been so much better, had there been some divider between the "bedroom" and the "living room", so anyone wanting to sleep, would not be disturbed by someone in that area. Did not bother to go down for breakfast. My husband said it was just some coffee and muffins and some granola bars. Would recommend to others.
"DIRTY ROOM"
09/15/15 mojo389 Ohio City, Ohio
be careful what room you get below the room above 124 make to much noise all day long not close to any thing dirty only cleans once a week Only clean ones a week not a good breakfast bar same stuff every day no juice
"Worst "hotel" in the entire world. WORST. "
07/07/15 Stephanie_Israelstam Dallas, Texas
This place should be condemned or, better yet, burned to the ground. I booked a one-night stay here and ended up regretting it. The place smelled like a combination of stale cigarette butts and a gym locker room. Upon arrival, the front desk attendant had to go "check to see if the room is ready" before I could go in. She left the front desk and I stood in the lobby (which was as inviting as a federal women's prison waiting room) for 15 minutes while she was gone. She finally came back and said that the room was ready for me. What she was doing during that time, I'll never know but I can't imagine she actually opened to the door to my room to Hi! Coming over later. What do you need that isn't already being brought? Donna said there was a list or something?see what it looked like. If she had, she would have seen it was dirty, smelled TERRIBLE and was not ready for a guest, not event a rat on the street. This was without a doubt the grossest hotel I have ever seen. I did not get a refund for my five-minute stay but would have slept in my car before staying in that dilapidated and disgusting place.
"Clean Hotel - Very Pleasant Staff"
06/17/15 MideastWanderer2015 Tel Aviv, Israel
We were pleasantly surprised by how helpful and friendly the staff was and by how clean the room was. We had recently stayed at much more expensive hotels in other cities and this hotel could easily compete with the more expensive hotels. Chase, the manager, was especially nice and even arranged to upgrade our room when there was a minor problem with our microwave. I never saw one of the staff members being unpleasant or not smiling and engaging in conversation with the guests. Room supplies were readily available at the front desk and the "Grab and Go" breakfast was just enough to get the day started. I would highly recommend this Extended Stay America for anyone needing a hotel in the Dallas/Plano area.
"A little older, but a goodie"
05/28/15 Raquel J Dallas, Texas
Being a hotel guest, is something most everyone will do in their life span, for one reason or another. Nowadays, hotels look alike inside and the staff is more often than not, a lowly paid worker to whom his or her job means little. The manager, Mr. Chase, at this hotel has somehow managed to make a difference to his employees. Their will to go above and beyond their duties, always with a sincere smile upon their faces, is astounding to someone such as myself. They have easily exceeded any and all expectations that you may have as a guest. Having been to 4 star hotels in my lifetime, has shown me that they have not managed to do what Mr. Chase and his staff has: Making you feel like this is your home away from your own bed. It is this authors feeling, that other hotels could indeed learn a lot from this hotel’s management in all aspects. I would not only recommend staying at this hotel for whatever time-frame you wish, I would also dare say that you deserve such a treat in your lifetime. My wife and I would certainly return to this hotel if such an occasion arises again. It is clear, that the management of this hotel knows what they are doing when they hire such happy employees; and maintain an atmosphere which is the envy of far more expensive hotels.
"Great hotel and staff"
10/20/14 oklmouse
I stayed here for a week while my mother had surgery at Baylor heart hospital. I was impressed from the moment I walked in the door. Friendly staff greeted me and got me in my room and from there the experience was great. Always a friendly smile to greet you any time of day. Breakfast was really nice and simple to grab on the way out. Room was especially a nice surprise as it was extremely clean and comfy. Another great thing is it wasn't noisy and I was able to rest when I wasn't at hospital. Highly recommend this hotel for an extended stay.
"Ballon Race"
09/25/14 Kimberly W San Antonio, Texas, United States
I prefer Extended Stay, because of the kitchen. In other accommodations you would have to discard you meals, but here there is a refrigerator and stove. No need to rush out to restaurants for breakfast or hunt down restaurants for late meals. I can plan my meals and enjoy the tourism.