All hotels in Southington, Connecticut, United States of America
120 Laning St, Southington, CT, 06489, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Pleasant room, great breakfast"
Stopped here on our way to Boston. Nice and clean; comfortable beds. We went to nearby amusement park, Lake Compounce, for the evening (It was just $20/person after 5 pm.) The pool looked nice, but we never got to use it. The next morning there was a very good breakfast buffet with plenty of hot items. The price was half of what we would have paid in the Boston suburbs and we were at our destination by mid-morning. I would stop here again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
Pat
"Very noisy!!!!!!!!"
I was having a weekend getaway with my husband and 14month old little girl. Staff was very professional and courteous, however the hotel lacked security. This hotel seems to be a “party central,” and was very noisy all night That is ok if you are college age, but NOT for a family. There were college kids running up and down the hall and screaming all night”. The Mattress was horrible. I have stayed at several Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express. This was a cheap mattress, not the typical mattress for Holiday Inn, more like Motel 6. I don’t recommend this Hotel. Will stay at the Double Tree next time.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
R. James
"Brief but enjoyable stay"
We went to this hotel for its close proximity to Lake Compounce. We checked in after going to the park all day so it was nice to be able to be checked in so quickly and easily. It was only a one night stay but it was very nice and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I was able to use the laundry facility which was clean and well maintained. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We liked the breakfast that was available from 6-10..they were pretty crowded but kept restocking the food. I was very happy with this hotel and recommend it to all.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Lori
"lake compounce"
We have nothing bad to say. We enjoyed our stay. we would stay there again if in the area.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
vary satisfied with this hotel
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
"Nice but not great"
Good hotel for one night stay. Sound proofing not to hot, could hear every toilet flush, and shower being taken. Bed was too soft. Breakfast was not great- pre fab omelets(not good at all), would have enjoyed better selection and freshness to breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
It was perfect for us. We had a lacrosse tournament in the area. Breakfast was great.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Agnes
"underwhelmed"
stayed one night for business. location en route to my next morning's appointment. long wait at arrival to check in. curtain sheer was frayed. noise from highway. gooey substance on bed cover throw (gross!) and pool water unheated. crowd of good ol' boys drinking around their truck in the parking lot; management didn't know or didn't care. breakfast typical; but eggs were cold as was gravy w/sausage. morning shift at front desk looked half asleep. only redeeming factor was an amazing Italian restaurant only 5 min away by car
1 night trip Jun 5, 2013
g
"Good enough if you have nowhere else to stay"
Questionably clean sheets, a bathroom stocked with half-used shampoos and an appearance of some late night ants made this a disappointing stay. The front desk staff were very nice and helped me out a few times, but the housekeeping staff was aggressively knocking early in the A.M. and returned several times even though I was checking out at 11 a.m.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Close to our friends in Meriden"
We enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to our dear friends in Meriden. We were to attend a high school graduation party. Check in time was perfect for us...allowing us to enjoy a glass of wine. When we returned late that evening the staff greeted us with pleasantries. The room was welcoming and we had a great night of sleep. We did not participate in any of the hotel's extras so we can not comment on those. The buffet breakfast was not the greatest, but very satisfying. The room and lobby for breakfast was immaculate. We will be back.
Other trip May 26, 2013
A & J
"Bill's Travels"
I received a pleasant welcome when I checked in. My priority club number was registered and I recevived complimentary water and popcorn. Plenty of parking with easy access to our room. I asked for a reference to a restaurant for dinner and was directed to a local Sports Bar just down the road. (Food and service were great). Our room was quiet and comfortable, WIFI was provided. Large selection of of hot and cold items at the breakfast buffet. Very friendly hostess kept it well stocked. All of the staff I encountered were extremely friendly. We enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express.
Other trip May 26, 2013
"Needed place close to family"
The Holiday Inn Express provided exactly what was needed for this trip. Extra space for a family get together that was comfortable, clean and close to my sister's house.
1 night trip May 19, 2013
"Would recommend but only with an upper level room"
Our room was on first floor down the same wing as 2 conference rooms that were booked both Saturday and Sunday morning with guests coming in at 8:00 a.m. The room did come with fridge and microwave but with a king bed and sleeper sofa - it was very cramped. No outlets anywhere except for the 6 outlet plug sitting on nightstand. Could not even open the ironing board in the room. Bathroom small with wallpaper seams curling and cracks in tile moulding and water stains in jacuzzi tub. Visiting other family members on the 2nd and 3rd floor, their rooms/baths were much larger. On the positive side, the hotel was super clean, the continental breakfast delicious and the staff friendly and helpful. I would recommend the hotel but only with rooms on the upper floors.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
Jane
"good"
I had a very pleasant stay, the customer service was good along with the free breakfast!
2 night trip May 17, 2013
The hallways smelled so musty and old and of weed...also the rooms had an odor to them and beds an pillows were not comfy too the hotel wasn't as nice for the price but breakfast was great
1 night trip with friends Apr 27, 2013
"we would gladly stay there again."
see survey
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
"Smelled of Cigarettes"
The hallways smelled of cigarette smoke and pet odor.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2013
"Very nice place to stay!"
We had 3 rooms. One room had a small refrigerator and microwave, another didn't and the other was handicapped. The rooms were clean, people were friendly, just wish they all had the ammenities. Kudos for the breakfast!! The young lady was very attentive in making sure that all was kept filled and warm and she smiled the whole way.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2013
Excellent service.
3 night trip Jan 4, 2013
Ron
"Reasonably priced hotel with easy access to 84"
Good service - room was very clean and bed very comfortable. Also housekeeping left us a bottle of water and some chips with a cute little note which was unexpected but nice after our long drive. Breakfast choices were also great and I especially loved the pancake machine!!
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2013
Riki R.
"Very convenient to highway"
Very pleasant. Just stayed overnight. Hotel staff was extremely polite and helpful. Nice to have breakfast available along with the hot coffee.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2012
Janet B
"It did its job"
Comfortable hotel, friendly service. Bed was tiny! Who uses double beds anymore, if it was a queen it would have been much more comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Oct 27, 2012
"Okay.."
It was too noisy, could hear people screaming, talking loudly in the middle of the night. But, the breakfast was too good & made us forget the sleepless night !
1 night trip Oct 20, 2012
We booked a king for two no smoking,at least we thought we did, and they had reserves a dbl for a single person. We ended up in a king, smoking room. That was all they had. Terrible smell!!
2 night trip Oct 12, 2012
"Wow, great deal, great service and great amenities"
The hotel was in a great locations with all the amenities you want nearby. the hotel itself has everything from toothbrushes to razors. The staff is very friendly a helpful at all times. The best part is the breakfast you get. It s a full on breakfast, with eggs, bacon or sausage (depending on the day), biscuits and gravy. A pancake machine. Bagels and such with a toaster, great coffee. Walked in the room and it smelled great. The room was too small for our taste though. It had no extra blankets in it. The fridge froze our drinks. They did provide a crib though. The bathroom was great with everything you need. You can order many different pizza delivery services an such. Cleaning service comes at around breakfast time. The breakfast alone is worth the stay.
11 night family trip Sep 10, 2012
"awesome service"
My stay was wonderful!!
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012
"Great hotel for a family"
Great hotel!!! Needs a little finner cleaning in the rooms. Spider webs and dust all around the A/C and corners. Outside light shining in the room. The breakfast wes really good.
Other trip Sep 4, 2012
"Weekend trip to Lake Compounce"
Spent the night here after a day at Lake Compounce (about 5 miles away). Very happy with surrounding neighborhood - lots of choices for dinner. However, our room itself, and perhaps whole hotel, must have had the thinnest walls ever. I could hear conversations of people next door, so loud I had to check that no one was standing outside of our window (which faced parking lot). I constantly heard doors closing, felt like it was our own door that's how loud it felt. I woke up during the night to the sound of a loud toilet flushing. I probably got about 2-3 hours of sleep. Granted I am a light sleeper but the noise was just too much. I couldn't eat breakfast, there was no room in the breakfast area - not the hotel's fault, think there was a big group, a wedding or something. Not a great night. The hotel was very clean and staff seemed friendly. Maybe on a weekend where there weren't so crowded, it would be better.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2012
"east to find and very clean"
The stay was great and the only thing we had an issue with was the ac it never shut off and was cold until we shut it off. The rest of the room was amazing and we were all very comfortable. Would stay again if needed.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2012
"Good Stay"
Good stay; nice room, helpful staff; good breakfast in the AM. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2012
wayne

"Good choice"
Nice, clean and quite. Minimal breakfast...would definitely recommend adding some vegtables to the menu... Room is fully equiped, very nice.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the travel community. We are pleased that you felt our hotel was nice, clean and quiet. We consider all guest feedback when planing ways to improve our services and product. I'm hoping you will visit us again soon. Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager
5 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Oren
IL
"One night stay"
Very convenient location. Second time we have stayed at this location and have been happy both times. Service at the desk is always quick and courteous. I was on my way to a wedding ceremony this time and needed bandaids and the front desk personnel was very helpful and personable. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2012
Kate

Todo exelente,buen desayuno,y si me gusto mucho,lo recomiendo!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Gracias por compartir su experiencia con nosotros. Esperamos que va a regresar pronto y nos permitirá servir de nuevo. Vamos a seguir incorporado a mejorar nuestro hotel y el servicio. Nadine Mullings General Manager
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Para ir de trabajo..."
Muy bien todo, el desayuno bien, fue viaje de trabajo y estuvo agradable.
3 night trip Dec 9, 2013