All hotels in Southington, Connecticut, United States of America
120 Laning StSouthingtonCT06489United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Delicious food
    Clean
    Regular internet service
"Good Hotel for the price."
I was at Holiday Inn express with a large group for a "girls weekend". The hotel is clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Free breakfast was excellent. The Hotel is on a hill overlooking the interstate, so if you're sensitive to street noise, ask for a room in the back. For some reason, my room never got made up after my first night there, and to make up for that, the hotel gave me a free bag of M&M's from the snack bar. Yay... All in all, a good hotel for the money and for our purposes.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Southington. We are pleased that you enjoyed the service and full complimentary breakfast. I was disappointed to read that we missed the mark on the second day for service to your guest room. I apologize for this oversight and have used your feedback to help in training so that this will not happen again. We hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future. Nadine Mullings, General Manager
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
"Good Experience Overall..."
My wife and I needed a olace to stay while renovations were being done on our house. Hotel personnel were very friendly however the bed seemed kind of small and the drain in the tub was broken. The high speed Internet is a great feature as well as the big flater screen TV and the breakfast was excellent!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for sharing your feedback on you recent stay. We are happy that you were pleased with the service that you experienced and the amenities we provide. I am disappointed with the issues you experienced and trust that this was taken care of during your stay. Please visit us again in the future. Nadine Mullings, General Manager
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Jonathan
"nice hotel"
Very nice stay breakfast was amazing staff was very friendly I visit family in ct a lot will definitely stay here again
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Southington. We are happy that you enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast and found our associates very friendly. We look forward to your return visit to our property. Best Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
heather
Helpful and friendly service at the desk. We were only there for 2 nights while attending a wedding but it was a nice hotel. On the last day they even gave us breakfast way after they had stopped serving it, possibly due to us mentioning that we were from the west coast.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Expedia community. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will take all of your feedback and use it as tools to help improve our service and property. Please visit us again if you are ever in the area. Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
NIce Hotel. Only problem was no hot water for shower in morning.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy you shared that we are a nice hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced with the hot water issue. Its always our aim to have each guest experience be problem free. If you return to the hotel please inform us ahead so that we may go above and beyond for you. Best Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
one word,great!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Dear Maria, Thank you for sharing your feedback with the travel community. We are pleased that your experience was great and hope that you will stay with us again in the future. Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
maria pagan
Great place to stay excellent breakfast Minutes away from Lake command.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. We are happy that you thought that we were a great location and found our full complimentary breakfast excellent. We hope that you return to stay with us next time you decide to travel. Nadine Mullings General Manager
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Desk Personnel was friendly and most helpful in finding us accommodations
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for your review. It is great to know that you found the desk associate helpful and friendly . We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will choose to stay with us for your next stay in the area. Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Not terrific for handicapped traveler"
I requested a handicapped accessible room, as I am in a wheelchair. The only room available had a regular-sized toilet and a regular bathtub, although the bathroom was big enough for my wheelchair. The full sized bed was also smaller than we are used to. On the plus side, we did have a refrigerator and microwave in our room, and the (free) breakfast buffet was excellent - love those cinnamon buns! Everything was spotless, and the staff, especially Keisha, were wonderful.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Trudi G
Good breakfast. Terrible front desk service. My reservation was cancelled because I was late and the front desk did nothing to try to accommodate me.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
I would like to thank you for sharing your review with us. I am pleased that you were happy with our complimentary full breakfast but it looks like we fell short at the front desk. I'm truly sorry for the handling of this reservation. I am looking into the matter and will work to be sure our policies and actions align so something similar does not impact our future guests. I do hope you will return and give us another opportunity to impress you with the wonderful hospitality I know we can provide! Safe travels. Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
"Reliable, clean, helpful service"
Easy off & on from I-84; cordial, helpful staff; room very clean, w/fridge, good tv, coffee, free wifi w/access code from front desk. Would definitely stay there again. Slight glitch: small sign on access road could be bigger &/or lit, but google maps directions get you there.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the Expedia community. I’m happy that you were pleased with your stay and will continue to work hard and provide excellent service for our guests. I will use your comment related to signage and seek ways to improve the guest access to our building. We hope that you will return soon! Regards Nadine Mullings General Manager
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Stu
"Good enough for an overnight"
Was clean but not meticulous. The breakfast was very nice and tasty.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with the Expedia community. We use all feedback to help with discovering ways to improve our hotel and the service we provide to our guests. We are happy that you were pleased with the full complimentary breakfast that we provide. We hope that you would return to our property as we make continuous improvements. Thank you, Nadine Mullings General Manager
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"good place"
I stayed here 5 days and was very pleased. The room I had was adequate for just me, the toilet had a constant run after my first night and maintenance fixed it the same day I reported it. Breakfast had a nice selection of both hot and cold food. The pool was clean. All staff were friendly. This is definitely one of my better hotel experiences.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Dear Paul, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Southington. We are happy that you were pleased with your stay. The goal is to make sure that you and all other travelers feel the same when you leave our hotel. We will continue to take all feedback as a tool to keep improve on the entire guest experience. We hope that you will return and chose to allow us to serve you again. Regards Nadine Mullings General Manager
5 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
"Good Location But..."
I could not close the shade on the window to block the light! The hall way was very musty. The room did not feel like it was cleaned other than the sheets being changed.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
"Does the job"
Good hotel and reasonable rate. Our room was a little small. Internet was pretty average for a hotel. Breakfast was actually quite good, and available from 6-10am.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"Trash ?"
It would be nice from the previous person was removed...the thrash cans were not emptied ...disgusting.The shower leaked and all night the noise was annoying.In addition the whole floor smell like smoke. I tried calling the front desk to complain about the trash etc and no one answered the phone.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Close to highway"
The staff was very helpful, very poor insulation, could hear not only the highway noise but also my next door neighbors EVERY move.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"A Great Stay"
I came in fairly late in the evening and the front desk had no problem with a late check-out the next day, they were very accommodating, the chocolate chip cookies at the front desk were a nice addition, too. The room was clean, the bed was very nice, and the bathroom was just fine. A great value for an escape, and conveniently located just off the highway.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2014
TJ
"Not Holiday Inn standards"
I think this was a 4* Super 8... problem was this was a Holiday Inn with a Holiday Inn price tag. It is obviously a very old building, there was little insulation on the outside wall and the room got very cold at floor level even with the temp at 76. I felt like I paid extra for a name on the sheets... speaking of which, what hotel doesn't have blankets?!
3 night business trip Jan 10, 2014
Ken
"Close to family and friends for the holidays"
We were very comfortable staying there. The employees were great.
4 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
The Michauds
great place to stay, 100 percent satisfied
5 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"Fine for a quick stay. avoid a smoking room"
Got a smoking room by someone's accident possibly mine. Didn't have otehr rooms when i got there.... Stanky as anything. No closets, Beds and shower were fine. Again a one night stay hotel for sure.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
"Great Trip"
Thank you so much for an amazing vacation in CT. All employees were helpful and nice to us.
2 night romance trip Nov 15, 2013
"noisy but its only one night"
room was too close to boiler room, or their the ice machines loud, or something. there was a grinding noise all day and night.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
"Nice place to stay."
Bed was so comfortable, staff was cheerful, room was clean, food was good. Couldn't ask for more.
1 night trip with friends Oct 13, 2013
"Nice set up"
It was pretty good. I will be rebooking again for next week 10/24-25
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
"Great value"
We stayed one night on a two-day trip to Lake Compounce which is nearby. It was perfect. Clean, comfortable, breakfast included and close to several restaurants right off the highway. No complaint at all for the price/class. We have stayed there on another trip as it was so great the first time.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Stephen
"great place to stay even with children."
very courteous staff. comfortable room. only draw back only one regular coffee in room pack. otherwise good accomodations.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
anthony
"Pleasant room, great breakfast"
Stopped here on our way to Boston. Nice and clean; comfortable beds. We went to nearby amusement park, Lake Compounce, for the evening (It was just $20/person after 5 pm.) The pool looked nice, but we never got to use it. The next morning there was a very good breakfast buffet with plenty of hot items. The price was half of what we would have paid in the Boston suburbs and we were at our destination by mid-morning. I would stop here again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
Pat
"Very noisy!!!!!!!!"
I was having a weekend getaway with my husband and 14month old little girl. Staff was very professional and courteous, however the hotel lacked security. This hotel seems to be a “party central,” and was very noisy all night That is ok if you are college age, but NOT for a family. There were college kids running up and down the hall and screaming all night”. The Mattress was horrible. I have stayed at several Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express. This was a cheap mattress, not the typical mattress for Holiday Inn, more like Motel 6. I don’t recommend this Hotel. Will stay at the Double Tree next time.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
R. James
"Brief but enjoyable stay"
We went to this hotel for its close proximity to Lake Compounce. We checked in after going to the park all day so it was nice to be able to be checked in so quickly and easily. It was only a one night stay but it was very nice and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I was able to use the laundry facility which was clean and well maintained. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We liked the breakfast that was available from 6-10..they were pretty crowded but kept restocking the food. I was very happy with this hotel and recommend it to all.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
Lori
"lake compounce"
We have nothing bad to say. We enjoyed our stay. we would stay there again if in the area.
Other trip Jul 10, 2013
vary satisfied with this hotel
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2013
"Nice but not great"
Good hotel for one night stay. Sound proofing not to hot, could hear every toilet flush, and shower being taken. Bed was too soft. Breakfast was not great- pre fab omelets(not good at all), would have enjoyed better selection and freshness to breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2013
It was perfect for us. We had a lacrosse tournament in the area. Breakfast was great.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Agnes
"underwhelmed"
stayed one night for business. location en route to my next morning's appointment. long wait at arrival to check in. curtain sheer was frayed. noise from highway. gooey substance on bed cover throw (gross!) and pool water unheated. crowd of good ol' boys drinking around their truck in the parking lot; management didn't know or didn't care. breakfast typical; but eggs were cold as was gravy w/sausage. morning shift at front desk looked half asleep. only redeeming factor was an amazing Italian restaurant only 5 min away by car
1 night trip Jun 5, 2013
g
"Good enough if you have nowhere else to stay"
Questionably clean sheets, a bathroom stocked with half-used shampoos and an appearance of some late night ants made this a disappointing stay. The front desk staff were very nice and helped me out a few times, but the housekeeping staff was aggressively knocking early in the A.M. and returned several times even though I was checking out at 11 a.m.
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Close to our friends in Meriden"
We enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to our dear friends in Meriden. We were to attend a high school graduation party. Check in time was perfect for us...allowing us to enjoy a glass of wine. When we returned late that evening the staff greeted us with pleasantries. The room was welcoming and we had a great night of sleep. We did not participate in any of the hotel's extras so we can not comment on those. The buffet breakfast was not the greatest, but very satisfying. The room and lobby for breakfast was immaculate. We will be back.
Other trip May 26, 2013
A & J
"Bill's Travels"
I received a pleasant welcome when I checked in. My priority club number was registered and I recevived complimentary water and popcorn. Plenty of parking with easy access to our room. I asked for a reference to a restaurant for dinner and was directed to a local Sports Bar just down the road. (Food and service were great). Our room was quiet and comfortable, WIFI was provided. Large selection of of hot and cold items at the breakfast buffet. Very friendly hostess kept it well stocked. All of the staff I encountered were extremely friendly. We enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express.
Other trip May 26, 2013
"Needed place close to family"
The Holiday Inn Express provided exactly what was needed for this trip. Extra space for a family get together that was comfortable, clean and close to my sister's house.
1 night trip May 19, 2013
"Would recommend but only with an upper level room"
Our room was on first floor down the same wing as 2 conference rooms that were booked both Saturday and Sunday morning with guests coming in at 8:00 a.m. The room did come with fridge and microwave but with a king bed and sleeper sofa - it was very cramped. No outlets anywhere except for the 6 outlet plug sitting on nightstand. Could not even open the ironing board in the room. Bathroom small with wallpaper seams curling and cracks in tile moulding and water stains in jacuzzi tub. Visiting other family members on the 2nd and 3rd floor, their rooms/baths were much larger. On the positive side, the hotel was super clean, the continental breakfast delicious and the staff friendly and helpful. I would recommend the hotel but only with rooms on the upper floors.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
Jane
"good"
I had a very pleasant stay, the customer service was good along with the free breakfast!
2 night trip May 17, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Good choice"
Nice, clean and quite. Minimal breakfast...would definitely recommend adding some vegtables to the menu... Room is fully equiped, very nice.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the travel community. We are pleased that you felt our hotel was nice, clean and quiet. We consider all guest feedback when planing ways to improve our services and product. I'm hoping you will visit us again soon. Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager
5 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Oren
IL

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

Todo exelente,buen desayuno,y si me gusto mucho,lo recomiendo!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Gracias por compartir su experiencia con nosotros. Esperamos que va a regresar pronto y nos permitirá servir de nuevo. Vamos a seguir incorporado a mejorar nuestro hotel y el servicio. Nadine Mullings General Manager
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Para ir de trabajo..."
Muy bien todo, el desayuno bien, fue viaje de trabajo y estuvo agradable.
3 night trip Dec 9, 2013
ASls
MX
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for your excellent rating of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit! Warm Regards, Nadine Mullings General Manager
4 night family trip Mar 15, 2016
Response by Holiday Inn Express Southington
Thank you for rating our hotel. I'm disappointed that we didn't earn a higher score from you. Our team is committed to providing wonderful experiences so we hope you will return and allow us to impress you on your next visit.
1 night family trip Feb 18, 2016