All hotels in North Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
2232 Taney St, North Kansas City, MO, 64116, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

Room is all right
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Great hotel for the price"
I would stay there again. The room was nice and clean and it was a great place to stay
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Close to Casinos, service not the best"
Econolodge is very close to Harrah's casino which was a plus for us. The room we eventually got was very clean and the beds and pillows were comfy. Although, we were awakened by people working on the roof at 7:30a.m. on a Sunday morning. Who does this???? We were NOT happy about that. The first room they gave us had the door wide open and hadn't been cleaned when we arrived. They did promptly give us another room. We asked for a cab number when we got there, but the cab co. they recommended never showed up to pick us up. Not a bad basic continental breakfast. They had waffles. Not the best place, but not the worst. Probably wouldn't stay again. You get what you pay for I guess.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2014
Jenny
"Disappointing"
I reserved a queen bed in the room. I entered the room which was a full bed, the heater was not working correctly. When I called the front desk the employee argued with me that the bed was the correct size and the heater is a luxury.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
Joel
"Good buy for the money."
Needed to be close to the downtown Kansas City area, and this fit the bill nicely. Front desk service was outstanding. Room was very clean. Good deal for what we needed.
1 night trip Jan 26, 2014
Laddie
"Late night, early out"
Was working an event, didn't get bak to the hotel until late, but still had to check out at 11, which they were pretty serious about (multiple phone calls)...
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Great stay for the price"
We we're looking for a location close to downtown, but more affordable bc we had a large group. Very pleased with this hotel on all counts except for maid service which apparently they contract out. We had our room not made up twice in a 4 day stay, but we did leave the room late in the morning every day. Everything else was great and loved the conveniences of fridge and microwave in the room as well as free internet which was quite fast. Would definitely stay here againl
4 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Bruce
"Good location and good price"
Was looking for inexpensive location convenient to both MCI and downtown KC....This was perfect for the value. Quiet room but also ice storm evening so that kept much of the traffic down. Odor of incense but was bearable....you get what toy pay for...small room for small rate.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
"Close to eateries"
Fine all the way around. No complaints
3 night business trip Nov 4, 2013
"Enjoyed stay"
Fine place to stay easy to find. only disappointment was the Denny"s next door was closed due to parking lot work so we looked elsewhere to eat. Motel was excellent.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Close to the highway"
Hotel staff were not friendly or welcoming. Someone utilized the toilet and it was never flushed prior to my check in.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Ok if your not spending a lot of time there"
Room smelled like it had once been a smoking room. Said Queen sized beds but they were small. No coffee pot. Rooms small, no room for an extra table. The refrigerator was nice to have. Desk staff very friendly, but at night they were loud. Had to call and ask them to be quiet. The next a.m. were told this has been an ongoing problem. Asked the manager to call us, but never did. Good enough if your not going to spend a lot of time in your room. Price was good for that.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Everything was great with a comfortable bed and nice room.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
It was a great room and friendly personal. The only problem we saw was the pop machine on our floor was unplugged and a sign that said not to plug it in or use the machine the time we were there (2 nights and 3 days).
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Ok"
Kinda ratty shape. But it was nice and cheap for nascar weekend.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
kelly
"It's good for one night"
I was on a road trip so I just needed a place where I could sleep. The bed sheets were dirty (meaning they had spots, probably they got really dirty once and they couldn't get any better anymore). The room was very small and the breakfast wasn't that great. I would probably stay again but if I have to stay more than one night and I was with my girlfriend I would probably go somewhere else.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Review of Econo Lodge on Taney in NKC, MO."
The room we stayed in on third floor smelled of cigarette smoke. We had asked for a nonsmoking room, however it could be smelled every where, in the hallway and in our bathrom. For the price we paid we would have liked a coffee pot as well. There was no electrical plug in near the desk to plug in my computer and I kept the losing internet service which was not good because I had assignments I needed to work on. The curtains were old and hung crooked and there was a big hole in one of the panels. The AC did not work well
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
PK
"Close to event we were going to"
Hotel is older than expected. Could be updated, chair in room was broken when we arrived. However receptionist was very polite, area seemed safe enough for where we were all things considered. Not a bad stay at all. Just could use some updating& sprucing up.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"worls of fun"
good
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
room was ok. bath and dressing room small. faucet in sink hard to use as it didn't protrude out far enough. little too much noise in area.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2013
c.z.
Rooms were ok, with decent bathrooms. Rest of hotel was a little less than desirable. Seemed like most people were short to long-term residents.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Good service at a good price"
This hotel was chosen because it was right where a hotel needed to be on my route back to Utah. It was also a hotel that was reasonably priced but had a decent rating. Rightly so, as it were. I arrived late at around 1 AM and the lady at the front desk was very kind and funny, the room was clean and had everything you would want in a hotel room, albeit a bit small, though it was a one person room. The bed was a little stiff and the hotel smelled a bit of tobacco smoke, but not enough to bother too much. Highly recommended
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Justin
"Great Staff"
I stayed at the hotel with my teenage children in a 2 queen bed room. The staff at the hotel were very attentive to problems. We actually checked in a day early and the chain in our room was broken. When I asked for someone to fix it, we were immediately put in another room on the second floor (which I liked better than being on the ground floor). We had no issues with the room especially since we had brought our own pillows as theirs weren't great. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked very well...we were actually cold and kept turning it warmer and warmer. Unfortunately that made it rattle a little, but it was okay. Breakfast lacked a little, I would have liked to have an option besides waffles, toast, or pastries...bagels would have been nice, but it was always well stocked and staff stayed on top of everything.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"The hotel as well as Cansas City were a surprise"
One of my best breaks on my trip, also the taxi-driver they recommended to bring me dowtown was great!
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Uli
"Close to the Sprint Center and downtown"
The hotel was nice and the experience was great!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
"must read"
Please check your comforters prior to accepting the room. Most of the time they are dirty, otherwise service was average
3 night trip Jul 31, 2013
Einstein
"Clean, but you get what you pay for"
While this is obviously an older hotel and not in great repair, the room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The lighting was dim in the bathroom, but it wasn't a real issue. They had a lot of boxes of tiles under the stairs in the lobby, so perhaps they are going to redo the tiling soon?
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2013
Emily K
"Not very good"
Unfortunately, our room had a weird smell the whole time we were there--we think it is because of leaking water from the air conditioner. The room also had a humid, "sticky" feeling from this as well. The surrounding neighborhood was a bit sketchy but it was fortunate there was a Denny's nearby because they ran out of coffee and juice at the continental breakfast at the hotel. The staff was nice, but I would not wish to stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Close to Power and Light"
Claudia was great a the front desk. The taxi service they recommmended was wonderful and everything went smoothly.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
We asked for a nonsmoking room but the whole floor and room smelt like smoke.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Sayre
"Class"
Rooms clean way before arrival! Great employees! Room was way better then described online! Flat screen tvs and very clean! Not to mention rooms are kept fresh during hot summer days which makes them perfect for arrival! Great services and in a well placed location!
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Luis
"Will never stay at this hotel again"
When we checked in we got two rooms. One room smelled of fresh paint, and other room want even cleaned from last guests. Went to public computer to look up some info, guy at desk said no internet because internet adapter was stolen.room that smelled of paint, the air conditioner did not work and front desk said they could do nothing about it
2 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2013
Kenneth
"Clean and Comfortable"
Very clean rooms and excellent housekeeping. Very friendly front office staff. Would stay there again.
4 night business trip Jun 17, 2013
"Security issues"
Nice place. Pretty clean room, found a dead spider someone else had smashed. Inside lock on the door was broken. We were on the ground floor. Discovered right before we checked out that there was no screen on our window. Not sure if it even locked. Would have requested a different room had we checked it when we first arrived. Will put that on our check list in the future.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Darinda
"Decent.... just Decent"
Room was ok... just ok. staff was not very pleasant or helpful at all in my opinion, and when I attempted to check out I was ignored for several minutes before I was helped. no screen on the window so on a warm night you have to deal with the obscenely loud AC unit, or open the window and deal with bugs and outside noise.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2013
andrew
Good quality stay .We have used this hotel several times & have never been disappointed. Very close to all the activities we enjoy in KC.
1 night trip May 24, 2013
I was not comfortable with the smell of cigarette smoke at the reception. However my room was OK. If you don't care about coffe maker, fridge etc. It is the right place for the price.
3 night trip May 24, 2013
Ms. Anonymous
"Just needed a clean place to sleep for the night"
Overall, it was ok for the price, pretty much bare min and the surrounding area seemed decent. Free breakfast in the AM. However there was NO alarm clock in my room!! Few hairs in the bathroom. I thought it was odd that the guy checking me in was holding a baby.
Other trip May 24, 2013
"Budget price near casino and downtown"
It was a little loud the weekend I was there. Construction workers and baseball team staying there both had a really good time Friday and Saturday nights. Is close to downtown and a decent price. Older furnishings, but clean.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
GOOD
1 night trip Apr 4, 2013
A KUMAR
"very nice will go back need another room there"
it was very nice
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
doug white
"Well? Hmmm!"
Other than someone trying to get in my room at midnight, and then at 1:30 am, had no problems. I've stayed in two rooms, both with security chains broken. Not a good sign. Spend a few bucks and repair the pry marks on the doors and replace security chains would make your customers feel a little better. And get some full size pillows! Not sofa pillows in a case! For a few buck more could have stayed at one that the rooms hadn't been broken in to. The free breakfast is cold cereal and muffins, coffee and OJ.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2013
"We've stayed there before and will stay again!"
As usual, the staff was friendly and knowledgable. Our room was clean and comfortable . The breakfast was a little lax, but what was there was good.
2 night trip Mar 6, 2013
Mom and Pop
"Good in a pinch"
Good location. Not easy to get too. The room was dusty and I had difficulty breathing after being in the room. Bedspread smelled dusty. Pillows were to small. Couldn't connect to the Wifi at all
1 night trip Feb 14, 2013
"3 night business trip"
Hotel room was a little small and the pillows were weird but it was a decent hotel. Close to the conference center I was attending. They are doing some remodeling so it was noisy during the day but fine at night.
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2013
Kristy

"Simple, but clean!"
I went with a group of four other people for a conference. Both our rooms were very clean, each with fridges - which we appreciated very much. We asked for extra blankets and the hotel was more than happy to provide them. Free breakfast included some pastries, whole wheat bread, waffles, orange juice, tea, and coffee. Pretty meager, but it's free so you can't really complain! Overall, we really enjoyed our experience at the hotel. We spent time at the Denny's that was only a minute walk away from the hotel. There's also a nearby gas station and Burger King.
5 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
"close to downtown"
My family and I had a great time. The Room was fine. The only thing was the people staying there that work for the railroad or some other crew. They stay out by the front desk talking all nite and they were loud. At nite, most people are trying to sleep.
3 night trip Nov 27, 2013

"Excellent!"
Everything was wonderfull! Great hospitality! The breakfast é very good by the price!
2 night business trip Apr 17, 2013