All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
26 Chandler St, Boston, MA, 02116, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quaint little hotel"
What a sweet little hotel in the heart of the South End. We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. The Trophy Room bar/restaurant was a great place to be at night.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Virgie
"Nice hotel in South Boston..."
Nice little hotel in South Boston. Close to shopping and restaurants, was still able to walk most places even in the worst weather. Staff was super helpful and kind to us out-of-towners. Found out from some locals that the hotel has a shady past, but has since been renovated.
4 night trip with friends Feb 16, 2015
"Near Copley Square"
Rooms are very small, tv remote confusing, twin beds are very small too. No gym, no pool/jacuzzi, busy bar restaurant request a higher floor so you cant hear the noise
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Close to many little shops n coffee"
Everything was great.. Only complaint I have is that when booking to please give pet policy. Was told dogs are fine over the phone but when I got there they said dog policy was 25lbs or less and my dog was 65lbs. Had a scare that I was going to be out of a place to stay on Valentine's day weekend when everything nearby was booked. Person at front desk said she wouldn't put me out late night but that she would have to tell her manager. I was never approached about an issue with my dog afterwards.. They also said policy was that you cannot leave your dog unattended at all times which is bizarre to me because unless your out and about all day with your furry friend you cannot go out to a nice dinner or anything of sorts. Yes I left her alone while I went out to dinner and didn't have an issue. So overall I would recommend a stay here because everything was nice but I wouldn't recommend to come with your pet unless u plan on staying in the room or bringing them everywhere with you. Room is small and gets stuffy very quickly good place to only sleep not actually spend much time in.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"I do not recommend this hotel."
I checked into the hotel, the room was very small and the bedding had stains (both the top and under sheets. Because of the dirtiness of the room my wife and I checked out and went to different hotel. When I complained to Hotels.com the Chandler hotel refused to refund the money for the room.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
Edward
It was a great location and place in the heart of Boston. Bar below the hotel and restaurants right by it.
3 night trip Feb 5, 2015
Luis
LOVED this hotel! Great location, very friendly staff and room was clean and cozy.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Beautiful"
This place was beautiful. The rooms were renovated nice and clean. It is in the south end of Boston in a nice neighborhood, but still walking distance from downtown. The room is small but the hotel is old and has character. The customer service was great. This is a very nice place, will be back again. The only downer was having to pay $28 to park in the public parking garage around the corner from the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"A Gem for a Great Cost"
We checked in for one night for a concert. The Inn was 10 minutes from everything and located in the theater district. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room smelled clean, and that's a huge thing for me when I travel. Sure enough, the bathroom was spotless, clean sheets and clean towels. The Trophy Room served a great dinner and brunch the following morning and had A+ staff. Will be staying again this spring.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Desiree
"Great value"
One day trip for a concert. Had a great stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean comfortable room. Would definitely stay again. Fantastic nachos in the restaurant.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Tina
"1 Night"
No complains at all, friendly front desk, quick and simple check in/check out, and not too far from the airport via cab. Nothing super fancy but I found it nicer than expected.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Not boutique - but solid, safe, well located"
I have stayed here before. I was here for 1 night before a business meeting and had an appointment in the neighborhood, so this was the ideal location. The hotel has been renovated in the recent past and is decorated in a "minimalistic modern" decor - which really doesn't match the older building. The bed, however, was very comfortable, the tiny bathroom with huge shower was fine, the rug could have used replacement or serious spill stain removal. The Trophy Room sports bar/restaurant is attached (was previously Fritz) and popular with a 20-30 year old crowd, but more younger business types than rowdy college students. Friendly staff and I had no problem with a 2 hour check out extension so I could link up with the hotel I was to move to. Good value for the location/price in Boston.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2015
"great hotel at a great price"
Went to take a solo trip by myself for a few days so the room was just right for one person. The neighborhood is beautiful and is close to Newbury st and the Boston commons, nearest station is the orange line. Staff was accommodating and sweet.
3 night trip Jan 20, 2015
"Noise"
There were noise coming from other near by rooms. Their TV were too loud and I can hear them talking. Rooms need to be noise isolated.
2 night trip Jan 21, 2015
Jan
"Good place if you can get a room for cheap"
First thing is they make a photocopy of your id and credit card as if you were a theft. The room felt very cheap overall. The wifi was 5x slower than the public wifi next door... There was no room service as far as I knew. No coffee maker, no iron. Getting here from the airport is a very long trip (multiple public transfers and a long walk).
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Downtown, European-style hideaway"
Classy little European-style with bargain rates -- tight quarters but everything you need for a comfortable stay in an incredible downtown location.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Chesta
"Disappointed at the end"
I made a reservation for my son who was coming to Boston to handle some business matters for me. Inadvertently I made the reservation for the wrong night (the 22nd instead of the 21st). When a discovered this mistake a couple of days later & made a separate reservation for the correct night. It was only when my son checked in the evening of the 21st did I discover that I had forgotten to cancel the first reservation (for the 22nd). At that point I immediately did cancel but was informed that the hotel, in spite of according to the Expedia site to be sold out for this type of room, would not refund my payment. Of course the hotel is technically correct - I didn't cancel within the required 48 hours - but under the circumstances I was disappointed with the hotel's attitude.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Ben
"Convenient location to Boston CBD"
Small but functional room and bathroom. No clothes cupboard, just a small open rack for a few hanging items.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Great stay, only one big issue"
I was satisfied with the small room and 2 twin beds, it was just right for two women traveling and at a great price. The attached bar/restaurant was absolutely wonderful for dinner and breakfast. The location was great with trolley tour pickups in easy walking distance, we felt perfectly safe. The only glaring problem I had was the total lack of bathroom privacy. There is no fan and the door is louvered so you might as well have a screen door there. It would be the only thing that may keep me from booking there again.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Jen
"Nice hotel close to tufts and BU"
The place is convenient due to its location, the room is comfortable and clean. The price is little bet high but it's convenient
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
lia
good stay for 1 night only. Staff was very friendly
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Great boutique hotel"
The location worked perfectly for us because we have family close by. We spent 2 nights and will stay again often.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
citychef3
"Chandler Inn: small but functional"
The rooms are small but functional. Bathroom very small but functional. The hotel desk staff could be a little more helpful. I called down (dialed 0) and didn't get an answer a couple of times. Other than that, it's a decent hotel. It's not far from Copley Square (you can walk within 10-15 minutes) which has lots of shops and good restaurants. I went down to Piattini on Newbury street, great food! Boston Medical Center is a bus and a short walk away. Lots of taxis about. For the price, it's not bad at all. Comfortable bed, took me a little bit to figure out how to turn the heater on. I'll be back if I need to go to Boston again.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Erin
"Cozy neighborhood spot"
Positives: The hotel is in a great location. It is on the edge of a residential neighborhood, but within walking distance of Copley Square and two T stops. I stayed for four nights and was able to find on-street parking every day that I was there. Most available parking in the area requires a residential permit, but there were enough meters and 2-hour visitor spaces in the area that--with a bit of forethought and luck--it was possible for me to get away without paying for a parking garage during my visit....a huge plus! There is also a nice restaurant/bar downstairs, off the lobby, with live music several nights a week...a cozy little neighborhood spot with good food. There are also a couple of coffee/sandwich shops in the same block, which serve breakfast and lunch, as well as a 7-eleven. Negatives: Internet a bit slow and tv difficult to work (kept needing to be re-set). Rooms are also on the small side (e.g. doubles have two single beds, rather than two doubles). However, positives far outweigh negatives and would definitely stay there again.
4 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"A little disappointed"
The outside of the hotel is modern and charming with an Art Deco vibe against a typical classic Boston brick building. The restaurant / bar on the first floor was hopping, and it was a Thursday night. I had hoped this place would be chic and boutique style; I had heard the rooms were on the smaller side but I didn't mind if it was decorated smartly. However, the room was gray and austere, instead of cozy and comfortable. The first thing I noticed was a hair in the shower, which made me wonder what the gray floor was hiding. The bed was not comfortable, and even though it was one of the coldest days of the year, the bed only had sheets with no comforter or warm blanket. The decorative pillow on the bed had a strange smell to it. In addition to that, there was no parking available nearby since it is all residential parking, so we added an extra $28 to our bill to park in a garage. For that amount, we could have stayed at a nicer hotel that had parking nearby. Also, the garage was a 10 minute walk, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it certainly wasn't convenient. I don't think I'd stay there again; a place with comparable rates and ample parking is the Hotel Buckminster, where I think I'll stay from now on.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
"Chandler Inn"
A great little boutique hotel in an adorable Boston neighborhood. Close to everything. Staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Christine
Beautiful hotel. Completely updated. Room was small but comfortable.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Not for business travelers"
This hotel is great for tourists, but maybe not so much for business travelers. I was there for two nights and never connected to the wifi despite repeated attempts (luckily I can turn my phone into a hot spot). There was also no desk, so I had to do 3-4 hours worth of work each night on the bed with a computer on my lap. The hotel had no business center so I didn't have a way to print out documents I needed. The walls are thin, and I could hear every noise in the hallway and outside on the street. I kept waking up in the middle of night because of trucks outside my window or slamming doors - which would have been fine except I had presentations in the morning I needed to be well-rested for. The hotel room was clean and the hotel was at a great location, however. If I ever come to Boston for pleasure, I'll definitely be back. If I'm in town for work, I'll try elsewhere.
2 night business trip Jan 4, 2015
Elaine
"Good location but small rooms"
The hotel is at a good central location. But the room I was in with a king bed couldn't be smaller. Especially the bathroom and the sink were too small. There was only room for one person to stand! If you're on a business trip and will not spend any time in the room, it's OK. Otherwise, find somewhere else that goes not give you claustrophobic feelings.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Chandler Inn for a night"
Not bad for a one night stay. The bathroom is a little small but overall the stay worked for the amount of time spent in the room.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Good for miney"
It is a nice horel with perfect location. The rooms are small but clean and well maintaned. Reminds European hotels
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Boston fun"
Though we visit Boston occasionally, first time at the Chandler. We were spending a couple of days seeing some museums and generally getting back to our city days. Loved the walkability from Chandler site to all over the city. We stopped in the bar for a nightcap, but the entertainment was raunchy for us, so we skipped it, but there were quite a few people enjoying it - so whatever!
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Cut little hotel in a beautiful neighborhood."
Cute little hotel very close to the subway and train station. Very easy to get around because of the close proximity to the station. Located in a very beautiful Boston neighborhood! Great for walks into the city. The room is very tiny but accommodating place to lay your head. There's a trendy restaurant/ bar attached to the hotel so great for a drink before heading out. The staff, for the most part, is very friendly with the exception of one individual....she didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Overall, great place! I would stay there again!
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Small room, Great Price"
Chandler Inn is an older, but nicely renovated hotel. Their is also a new restaurant at the bottom, called Trophy Room. The hotel itself is clearly dated, with very small rooms. However, the rooms are clean and appear to be newly renovated. Bathrooms are a certainly on the tiny side, but still nicely done and clean. This is a great place for a short stay - especially if you want to be close to the South End and Back Bay neighborhoods.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
"The Charming Chandler Inn"
Great location! Very knowledgeable and helpful front desk staff as well as excellent food and service at the bar/restaurant. This is my second stay at the Chandler and I plan to return again.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2014
"Overall good"
The stay was brief. The room was small which I knew in advanced but the walls are thin. I heard noise from everywhere in the hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
"Night at Chandler Inn"
The neighborhood bar downstairs was very accommodating. Food and service is good.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2014
"Great little place"
I love this South End inn!
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
Annick
"Small BUT great price and very charming"
Wonderful hotel. Great deal for your $. It is small, but size isn't everything. There is a lot of charm to the Chandler Inn. For a weekend getaway (which is what we did) it's the perfect size for a couple of days. The staff is friendly. They let you keep your bags and such down stairs even after check out if you have a later flight. The Trophy Room, diner/bar connected is really nice. Food and drinks are great. Place is jumping on the weekends. Great crowd and over all great staff all around. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone.
2 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Ricky
"Chandler Inn"
close distance from Copley station and cheap. 15min walk to Hynes convention center. Room is small but not uncomfortable. No closet for clothes and desk is a minus. Free wireless internet connection was only intermittent.
5 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
"Nice hotel, convenient location in BackBay area."
My only reservation about the hotel is that it is not easy to find when one is not familiar with Boston. It might help if the hotel website includes detailed instructions on how to get to the hotel. Other than that, it is friendly, very convenient, and reasonably priced.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Naseweiss396
"Convenient and Clean"
Simple, convenient, good location, helpful staff. Good value.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Small hotel on nice block"
The check in staff were not very welcoming. They also gave me key to occupied room and barely apologized. The room was adequate, but showing some wear and tear. The gentleman upon check out, however was lovely and helpful.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
N
"Fun Getaway Hotel"
Took my boyfriend here for a surprise getaway and was very pleased with the hotel. Trendy, cool rooms with very comfortable beds and nice views. Loved the cozy vibe that some of the bigger hotels can lack. LOVED the downstairs restaurant for cocktails and breakfast the next day. Walls were a little thin for my liking but other than that we were so happy and will definitely be back!
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Tara
"Overnight stay at Chandler Inn"
Was visiting a college with my son. The Inn is in a very nice area about a 5-minute walk from the Amtrak station at Back Bay. The front desk was very helpful but the room and bathroom were very small, with two twin beds and no closet or dresser; just a wire rack to hang your coat. If not for wall mounted flat-screen TV, there would be no room for a TV. I would not recommend this place for very tall or obese people. The free wi-fi worked well. There is a bar/restaurant in the hotel, which is convenient, but the late-night noise on the Friday night we were there was disturbing. All-in-all, a decent place for under $300 a night.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Matthew
"Good hotel"
Rooms are small but ok for 1-2 people, clean and neat.Staff was very helpful. Excellent service and food in the restaurant/bar adj to the hotel.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
marci
"Not bad"
Booked last minute.. was the only hotel available within a reasonable price.. Ppl at the reception were very nice & helpful.. Bed sheet and pillow covers in room 602 had HAIR on them.. informed the hotel.. they moved me to room 605.. bed sheet had black stains.. informed them.. he suggested someone change come & change the sheets but it was too late & I was tired so gave me extra sheets to replace/cover the stained one! Tv didn't work but I bother to inform them as I didn't stay in the hotel much.. Room spacious, cozy & nice..
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Doctor
"Excellent hotel!"
Great hotel, glad I found it. Room, service and food were excellent, in a very nice part of town. I would recommend.
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
"Great location, small rooms..."
great location, small rooms, uncomfortable beds... Free wifi was nice and while I didn't partake, the restaurant/bar seemed quite nice with a good selection of menu items and drinks.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Bryce N
"cute hotel"
Nice room tiny bathroom great location
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014