All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
    Uncomfortable
"Very friendly place"
Wonderful day on Boston pride weekend
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"a horrible surprise"
The hotel is directly above a bar. If they out on on the second floor, and if they do not have any other rooms higher up (as was the case with me), be prepared to get very little sleep. The rooms are tiny, the bar is noisy, the front desk staff are in friendly... Hands down the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Totally pleasant"
Though I paid more than I really wanted to pay to stay in Boston (though not much more than the average hotel stay in Beantown), it was a wonderful hotel. Very clean, friendly staff, beautiful rooms. I was only there one night, but it was a wonderful stay in a great part of south Boston.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Chad
"Great location, great staff!"
I always have a good experience at the Chandler. The staff are consistently friendly and competent, and the location is ideal for what I want to do in the South End.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Keith
"No bad for the price."
Neighborhood was quiet. Hotel bar was busy. Hotel was a short walk from the "T" trains. Only complaint was a 3AM fire alarm.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Dr. Chad
"Wonderful choice - great location"
Excellent hotel with fantastic location. Very modern, clean and chic. Would definitely stay here again
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Good but not great"
The bed comfort was the worse part. Terrible bed! Everything else was really good but kind of irrelevant w/o a good night sleep.
4 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"GOOD EXPERIENCE, WELL LOCATED HOTEL"
VERY WELL LOCATED. GREAT SERVICE FOR THE PRICE.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
David A
Very cozy room with a surprising upscale feel Check in simple and hotel clerks very friendly
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Great choice in Boston"
This is lovely boutique hotel in a quiet cobblestone sidewalk neighborhood in Back Bay. The rooms are admittedly small, but clean with modern decor. The location is convenient to two T subway lines and, with the proper shoes and some time, walking distance to the major attractions. The only complaints would be the bathroom is so small, the sink is almost unusable with no vanity at all. Also, the smoke alarm in my room kept chirping in the middle of the night, so they moved me to another room. Anyways, I would definitely stay there again and the price is right comparatively in this market.
Other trip May 21, 2015
J
"Sibby"
The location was good and the room was clean and comfortable just small.
2 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Sibby
"Very kind personnel."
At walking distance from the the attractions and downtown.
Other trip May 17, 2015
I C
"Nice hotel. Walking distance to our son's apt."
Air conditioning did not work. Reported it to front desk but no one responded. Disappointing.
Other trip May 16, 2015
LLM
"Lovely hotel in a fabulous location"
Coming from out of town, we were at first nervous about the hotel. However we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean and well-maintained. They were also very comfortable, though the bathroom space was a little cramped (not a big deal at all). The two aspects my family and I really appreciated - the location and the staff. The location was so central to so many of the activities we wanted to do. We took taxis everywhere and it was never more than a 15 minute drive (usually closer to 5-10). There's also several places to eat nearby and it feels like a very friendly and safe neighborhood. The staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. Any feedback or comments we gave them they listened fully, and in several situations watched them take immediate action to address what we had said. They also helped provide food recommendations, purchase trolley tour tickets (they give a slight discount for purchasing at the hotel), and in general navigating the city with which we were not so familiar. It was a great trip, and knowing we had a pleasant and comfortable place to return to each day made the trip that much more enjoyable!
Other trip May 16, 2015
E
"You get what you pay for"
You get what you pay for
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
My experience at the hotel was just fine. It was a cute quaint hotel. A little bit far from public transportation and the hot spots. The taxi situation was terrible. Waiting up to 30 minutes for a cab because cabs don't like coming to the south end of boston is not ok.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Lauren
"Chandler Inn is a gem."
The Inn is charming and recently renovated. The neighborhood is perfect with lovely old brownstones. You are close to the most desired addresses in Boston but paying a reasonable price. The staff was quick and smart. The restaurant is very cool.
Other trip May 8, 2015
Very well located in the downtown Boston area. Room was clean, and well equipped.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Basic and affordable"
Back Bay Hotel convenient to Back Bay Train station. Rooms are small but comfortable. Bathroom is tiny -- not for large people. Not a "high service" hotel -- i.e. no one to help with bags, etc. Staff were pleasant. If you are driving into Boston, you may not want to stay here, particularly in the colder months, because there is no on-site parking. I was directed to a public parking facility that is two blocks away.
Other trip May 7, 2015
MassBizGal
"Very convenient....."
Very suitable and perfect for a one night business stay. The room was very small but clean and it was my father and I who stayed here with 2 single beds... Also, the bar is up and running which was a major plus!!!!
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Nicholas
"Well appointed in a quiet area"
I liked the Chandler Inn. It is completely remodeled old building. The room was smallish but comfortable and well appointed.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Bruce
"Small but very nice!"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was small but very clean. Very nice hotel!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Cyndi
"Sorry can't recomend"
At 1:30 we checked in. We were given a smallish room and noticed a ladder in corner of the room. About 5 minutes later a man came in to put filters in the AC.We left and came back around 10:00. Even with the AC on it never dropped below 80.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Great!"
Great location! Room and bathroom was small, but very clean. The staff was wonderful! Very friendly!
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"Touch of Europe"
I enjoyed the Chandler Inn, it reminded me of a european hotel. The hotel was very clean, the staff answered every question about transportation and dinning suggestions. The hotel was an easy 3 or 4 block walk from Copley Square.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Good stuff"
great room. Front desk was really nice. Small room and had to get iron from front desk. No parking. I really enjoyed the room and the hotel.
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
Matthew
"Good location, but noisy and cramped."
While this hotel is in a good location that is an easy walk to sightseeing and restaurants, our room lacked basic amenities, the bathroom was cramped, the rooms were noisy, and the housekeeping was inconsistent.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
KC
"Pleasant stay"
Hotel was in a great location with lots of great resturaunts nearby. The room was small but well appointed, but the bathroom was very tiny. There is no parking onsite so we parked at the Clarendon St lot next to the back bay station. It was only a 5 minute walk and staying at the hotel got you a discount to $28/day.
1 night family trip Feb 25, 2015
JANET
"Surprisingly updated, affordable place to crash"
One night stay on my way home from vacation. The rooms are small but have been updated. It is what you need if you just want a place to sleep in the heart of the city. Great bar downstairs with lively crowd and live music. Good for breakfast too.
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
Todd
"Chandler Hotel"
This hotel is not a good choice for a business traveler. Rooms are cramped. My room had no work desk and a chair that was impossible to comfortably sit on. Hotel staff refused to change the chair.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Quaint little hotel"
What a sweet little hotel in the heart of the South End. We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. The Trophy Room bar/restaurant was a great place to be at night.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Virgie
"Nice hotel in South Boston..."
Nice little hotel in South Boston. Close to shopping and restaurants, was still able to walk most places even in the worst weather. Staff was super helpful and kind to us out-of-towners. Found out from some locals that the hotel has a shady past, but has since been renovated.
4 night trip with friends Feb 16, 2015
"Near Copley Square"
Rooms are very small, tv remote confusing, twin beds are very small too. No gym, no pool/jacuzzi, busy bar restaurant request a higher floor so you cant hear the noise
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Close to many little shops n coffee"
Everything was great.. Only complaint I have is that when booking to please give pet policy. Was told dogs are fine over the phone but when I got there they said dog policy was 25lbs or less and my dog was 65lbs. Had a scare that I was going to be out of a place to stay on Valentine's day weekend when everything nearby was booked. Person at front desk said she wouldn't put me out late night but that she would have to tell her manager. I was never approached about an issue with my dog afterwards.. They also said policy was that you cannot leave your dog unattended at all times which is bizarre to me because unless your out and about all day with your furry friend you cannot go out to a nice dinner or anything of sorts. Yes I left her alone while I went out to dinner and didn't have an issue. So overall I would recommend a stay here because everything was nice but I wouldn't recommend to come with your pet unless u plan on staying in the room or bringing them everywhere with you. Room is small and gets stuffy very quickly good place to only sleep not actually spend much time in.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"I do not recommend this hotel."
I checked into the hotel, the room was very small and the bedding had stains (both the top and under sheets. Because of the dirtiness of the room my wife and I checked out and went to different hotel. When I complained to Hotels.com the Chandler hotel refused to refund the money for the room.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
Edward
It was a great location and place in the heart of Boston. Bar below the hotel and restaurants right by it.
3 night trip Feb 5, 2015
Luis
LOVED this hotel! Great location, very friendly staff and room was clean and cozy.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Beautiful"
This place was beautiful. The rooms were renovated nice and clean. It is in the south end of Boston in a nice neighborhood, but still walking distance from downtown. The room is small but the hotel is old and has character. The customer service was great. This is a very nice place, will be back again. The only downer was having to pay $28 to park in the public parking garage around the corner from the hotel.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"A Gem for a Great Cost"
We checked in for one night for a concert. The Inn was 10 minutes from everything and located in the theater district. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room smelled clean, and that's a huge thing for me when I travel. Sure enough, the bathroom was spotless, clean sheets and clean towels. The Trophy Room served a great dinner and brunch the following morning and had A+ staff. Will be staying again this spring.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Desiree
"Great value"
One day trip for a concert. Had a great stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean comfortable room. Would definitely stay again. Fantastic nachos in the restaurant.
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Tina
"1 Night"
No complains at all, friendly front desk, quick and simple check in/check out, and not too far from the airport via cab. Nothing super fancy but I found it nicer than expected.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Not boutique - but solid, safe, well located"
I have stayed here before. I was here for 1 night before a business meeting and had an appointment in the neighborhood, so this was the ideal location. The hotel has been renovated in the recent past and is decorated in a "minimalistic modern" decor - which really doesn't match the older building. The bed, however, was very comfortable, the tiny bathroom with huge shower was fine, the rug could have used replacement or serious spill stain removal. The Trophy Room sports bar/restaurant is attached (was previously Fritz) and popular with a 20-30 year old crowd, but more younger business types than rowdy college students. Friendly staff and I had no problem with a 2 hour check out extension so I could link up with the hotel I was to move to. Good value for the location/price in Boston.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2015
"great hotel at a great price"
Went to take a solo trip by myself for a few days so the room was just right for one person. The neighborhood is beautiful and is close to Newbury st and the Boston commons, nearest station is the orange line. Staff was accommodating and sweet.
3 night trip Jan 20, 2015
"Noise"
There were noise coming from other near by rooms. Their TV were too loud and I can hear them talking. Rooms need to be noise isolated.
2 night trip Jan 21, 2015
Jan
"Good place if you can get a room for cheap"
First thing is they make a photocopy of your id and credit card as if you were a theft. The room felt very cheap overall. The wifi was 5x slower than the public wifi next door... There was no room service as far as I knew. No coffee maker, no iron. Getting here from the airport is a very long trip (multiple public transfers and a long walk).
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Downtown, European-style hideaway"
Classy little European-style with bargain rates -- tight quarters but everything you need for a comfortable stay in an incredible downtown location.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Chesta
"Disappointed at the end"
I made a reservation for my son who was coming to Boston to handle some business matters for me. Inadvertently I made the reservation for the wrong night (the 22nd instead of the 21st). When a discovered this mistake a couple of days later & made a separate reservation for the correct night. It was only when my son checked in the evening of the 21st did I discover that I had forgotten to cancel the first reservation (for the 22nd). At that point I immediately did cancel but was informed that the hotel, in spite of according to the Expedia site to be sold out for this type of room, would not refund my payment. Of course the hotel is technically correct - I didn't cancel within the required 48 hours - but under the circumstances I was disappointed with the hotel's attitude.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Ben
"Convenient location to Boston CBD"
Small but functional room and bathroom. No clothes cupboard, just a small open rack for a few hanging items.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Great stay, only one big issue"
I was satisfied with the small room and 2 twin beds, it was just right for two women traveling and at a great price. The attached bar/restaurant was absolutely wonderful for dinner and breakfast. The location was great with trolley tour pickups in easy walking distance, we felt perfectly safe. The only glaring problem I had was the total lack of bathroom privacy. There is no fan and the door is louvered so you might as well have a screen door there. It would be the only thing that may keep me from booking there again.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Jen
"Nice hotel close to tufts and BU"
The place is convenient due to its location, the room is comfortable and clean. The price is little bet high but it's convenient
Other trip Jan 18, 2015