All hotels in Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America
7500 E Doubletree Ranch Rd, Scottsdale, AZ, 85258, United States of America, ‏‎866-539-8122

"Will be back"
Sal the courtesy shuttle driver was very timely and informative
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thanks for your review, Lauren! We would love to welcome you back to our resort.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Lauren
"Good place to relax in Scottsdale."
This is our second visit to the hotel and found it as satisfying as our first stay exempt for 2 things. On check in we were told that they didn't have the King that we reserved. I was too tired to complain at the time, so we took the 2 double bed room. On going to the room, we had to request a new room, twice, due the rooms smelling like smoke. The staff was very accommodating and we did get an acceptable room. Otherwise no problems. The staff here is very friendly especially the workers in the snack shop. The pool area and the patio area just outside in the rear is very relaxing.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Doesn't function as a class hotel."
Nice rooms, but the hallways are not air-conditioned, and the bedroom air-conditioning was very weak, making my stay uncomfortable. I don't enjoy spending my travel time with hotel engineers, so I checked out in the morning. I requested a room close to the entrance/elevator, which was not honored. So many hotels in the area, there must be something better. Should have read the reviews more closely.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Rooms were dirty"
Service was bad and housekeeping was the worst experience I have ever had
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
We apologize for your experience on this occasion, Cori. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail offline, as we are always working to improve guest experience.
4 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Cori
"Perfect Staycation"
My wife and I spent the weekend for her birthday. We had an awesome time at the pool and the room was extremely clean and comfortable. Staff was incredible kind. I will return. Great experience.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Hi David - We are thrilled you and your wife had a great experience at our resort. We are honored to read you chose to spend such a special occasion with us, as well. Thank you!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
David C
"Very nice hotel ."
Hotel has great pools and very family oriented. One complaint is ac system does not get as cold as you want it even though you can adjust it .
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Beautiful resort hotel"
Was promised 2 queen beds by Expedia staff ....hotel only had 2 full beds. A/C although nec was blasting right toward head of one bed. Adult daughter & 17yr granddaughter had to share one full bed and were freezing at nite, we even called for extra blankets. Service great, food great!
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
grandma Kathy
"Amazing."
Only thing I would change would be to make it closer to me home.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
It makes our day to read your review. Thank you so much!
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
dusty
"Amazing experience!"
Fantastic resort, incredible food, awesome live music, great staff, super comfortable bed/room -- literally zero complaints!! We loved every minute! OH - and the complimentary margaritas at check-in weren't all bad either :)
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Nice hotel - some things to know though"
Rooms were very nice n well appointed but be forewarned that the beds are true double beds - small for 2 people n smaller than most other hotels. Also - our room was right over the delivery area to the hotel and deliveries were made at all hours - 2am, 6am, etc. We were only there 2 nights so was not worth moving or complaining but if you are a light sleeper you will not be happy with your room in that area of the hotel. Certainly disappointing that they would put anyone there as the hotel was far from full during our stay. Nightly music was amazing - some great singers that the kids enjoyed as well. Pools were fun for teen boys with volleyball and basketball and the slide! Overall, we enjoyed our short stay and would go back.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
LK
"nice hotel!"
loved the pool area and slide. Also, enjoyed the nightly live music. As with any resort, food and drink expensive. Staff very nice! Hotel room is a great value!
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Liz
"kids had a blast"
best pool for little kids, ever.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
It's a very high compliment when you can impress the kiddos. Thank you for your great review!
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2014
Gorgeous resort! Can't wait to come back!
Thank you so much!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
J Collier
"Relaxing weekend"
Spent a night and a full day at Hyatt, the AZ heat was seamless at the awesome pools in the shade of all those palm trees. Great live muzic at the center stage during diner, enjoyed every minute of our stay.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Simona and Levi
"Prettier than the Pictures"
The check in staff and the coffee shop, room service, restaurant (outside too) was great. The pool attendants were very slack in all ways.. So hotel staff a 5; pool attendants a 2. My stay was mostly medical; 1/3 pleasure.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
We really appreciate your feedback, Wanda. Please know I will be reviewing your constructive comments with our team in order to improve our services. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We hope you still were able to have a wonderful and relaxing time with us.
5 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Wanda Las Cruces, NM
"Absolutely Breathtaking"
The staff was very friendly and courteous to our group. They facilitated our requests quickly when we needed more items for the room. The view is absolutely marvelous, both from the room and the surrounding area around the hotel. The only issue I had was that our group walked everywhere and it was a 15 minute walk to any eating establishment. Otherwise, I highly suggest coming here if you have the ability to!!!
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.
4 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
Vaughan
"Nice room very expensive food"
The stay was nice, but I did not like having to pay a "resort fee" in addition to the rate I was quoted by hotels dot com. The food and drinks I bought were overpriced for what I got.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you for your review. Our resort fee covers a large variety of amenities such as: Internet access, use of our 24-hour fitness center, local calls, faxes, tennis court time, and much more!
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
Eric Metzler
"Took good care of us"
We had a great time poolside and dining in all the available spots at this hotel. Friendly staff and took good care of us!
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
I'm glad to read our team took good care of you. Thanks for visiting!
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Relaxing vacation"
Beautiful atmosphere inside and out. Food expensive and bed a little too hard for me,but I loved my stay and would come back.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Tracy
"Hard to get a drink at pool."
They have incredible volleyball nets, but no volleyballs for use. The only balls available were like medicine balls. Only one bar for all of the pool area.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"great service by all its staff"
One of the best services I remember getting at a hotel! Any request is taken care of instantly, and hotel is great location, great facilities for the family
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
GERARDO
"Five Star all the way!"
We stayed at the hotel at Gainey this past July. Pool was amazing, tons of lounge chairs! Hotel was immaculate and the food and staff tremendous! Fair prices on everything except that the kiddie cocktails purchased for $6 by the pool were so tiny and served in kiddie cups - charge $2, or make them larger...
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Karl
"I will be back"
The staff at this hotel are as good as any 5star. A special thanks to Anita the concierge, who was better then great.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"wonderful for relaxing"
this is a world class facility the site is breath taking what a lovely place....Great place for family vacation, gathering with friends and just plain relaxation.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you very much! Your comments are so kind. We really appreciate them.
4 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Not so good..."
The beds and pillows were most uncomfortable. Would have slept on the floor, but the carpet had stains on it and could not trust that it was clean. Not worth the price of the room. The pool also needed to be cleaned, I appreciate the "beach" factor, but when you have sand carried over to the other non-beach front pools, its annoying.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
We apologize about your experience with us. We always aim to exceed our guests' expectations and it appears we failed to do that on this occasion. We do hope we'll have the opportunity to renew your feelings toward our resort in the future.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Really nice hotel."
Our family had a great weekend there. My boys had a blast at the pool areas. So many places to visit and anywhere you go in the hotel, its so beautiful; breath taking.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Viktoriya
"Beautiful"
My stay at the hotel was perfect I was there for 7 days. The pools are clean and staff friendly. I needed to extend my stay due to a late flight and the staff assisted professionally. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Adeline
"AHHHHHHHMAZING!"
We loved our stay! They upgraded our room, gave us complimentary champagne and birthday cake and we got 2 margaritas upon check in! I planned my birthday party there with a group of 20 and they accommodated us very well! We had so much fun at the pool all day and my friend booked me a wonderful massage at the spa! Best massage I had ever gotten, and ive gotten a lot of massages! It was a great hotel, great food, and beautiful grounds! You wont be disappointed!
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
We are thrilled to hear that had such a pleasant stay! Thank you for providing a review. We look forward to spending more time with you soon.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
K
"Descent hotel but better else where"
Was excited to stay here after all reviews. However rooms were outdated and somewhat small. We waited 45 minutes and 3 phone calls later to front desk to have towels replaced at pool. The guests around me also complained about the lack of urgency hotel staff had. All in all a descent stay but will be going else where for a premier hotel for the money. Live bands were great though.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Jonathon
The resort was quite lovely. The rooms were nice and spacious, but housekeeping was a bit disappointing. Food was extremely expensive and there were not very many options. Overall, nice resort
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate all of your feedback. We are pleased that you were happy with your stay, but we apologize that you were displeased with our staff. We will bring up the issue with them immediately.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Amazing Property, Rooms Mediocre"
The pools and grounds at this place are awesome! There is a sand beach and a huge water slide with a height req of 42 inches that my kids just loved. We were crazy enough to come to Scottsdale in July and despite the 110 degree weather the pool was never crowded. The sushi restaurant was closed all of the nights we were there which was a bummer. They had live music in the lounge in the evening which was cool. The only complaint I have about this hotel are the rooms. They are very small and we felt very cramped despite paying an extra 45 dollars a night for a room that sounded like an "upgrade" when booking. There was an a/c vent that clicked on very loudly all night long and blew right on our face, being a wall vent 3 feet from the bed. The mini fridge leaked water on all of our food. That being said, the beds were very comfortable. I guess I just expected a little more space in the room for the price and comparing to some of the other resorts in the area.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our resort and accommodations! We apologize that you were displeased with the size of your room. Next time, please alert the front desk and we will provide you with a better experience.
2 night family trip Jul 1, 2014
Robyn
"Awesome Family Resort!"
The kids loved playing in the beach sand building sand castles for hours! The slide was a blast! Dive in movie night with popcorn was a fun and relaxing evening for the entire family!
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable, and we look forward to seeing your family again soon.
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
"Not for young adults"
For us, we thought the parking lot was too detached from our hotel room. There is no shuttle service to the parking lot, and if you're the type that likes to venture out rather than buy overpriced meals and drinks at the resort, then you're gonna have a hard time. No complaints about the look and feel of the place, the cleanliness, or the staff. Shoot, a free margarita upon check-in? Awesome! But again, if you're looking to party a little without the kids, I'd suggest looking somewhere else. The poolside bars close around 5-6pm, and the resort and nearby restaurants seem to cater mainly to the 50+ crowd. Pretty dead and dreary.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
We appreciate that you found the property to be clean and beautiful. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will utilize your comments during future planning. Thank you for reviewing your stay!
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Ryan
"Nice hotel and great family pool"
Our family stayed here for 4 nights. We enjoyed the activities available (Camp Hyatt, Indian dancing, movie on beach, live music, etc) and the pools were great for kids. Lobby and patios were clean and relaxing. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and really made us want to come back for another stay. Room was nice although a long walk from elevators next time I would ask for a room closer being pregnant with two small kids. Would have preferred not to have to walk through bar area to get to pools. Overall a great stay and a great deal! We will definitely be coming back!
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Anna
"Fantastic Golf"
Great place to stay rooms are very comfortable and pool is great. Food and drinks however are expensive $$$.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you for providing a review. We are pleased to read you enjoyed our accommodations! We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit!
4 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2014
Golfer
"Pool never closes"
Bed was a little too hard but loved the resort. The pool was wonderful! Drink prices at the pool were expensive though.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"lovely"
the pool was great for kids, it has a sandy beach, a platform to jump from, and a big slide. i heard the adult pool was nice too. the room was comfortable, had a lovely outside patio/terrace. nice shower, no tub. the desk was fine. staff was very friendly.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We are thrilled you found your stay with us enjoyable, and our team friendly. We hope that we can spend more time with your family in the future!
3 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
h maldonado
"An oasis in the Desert"
We were in town for the USA Baseball tournament and after watching my son play in 110 degree heat, it was such a relief to return to the Hyatt and chill out and refresh ourselves.
6 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Denise
Great staff all around!! Rooms need some updating. More consistently in cleanliness of the rooms. Will recommend.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your trip to Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch. Most importantly, I appreciate your comments about our service. Thank you for providing us with feedback; we will work on improving this.
3 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Great hotel and staff.
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff! We hope to spend more time with you in the future.
4 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
"Pleasant weekend getaway"
It was nice to get away and enjoy a gorgeous well kept hotel with great amenities. I will return again!
Response by Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Thank you for rating your stay so kindly! We appreciate your endorsement and look forward to seeing you again.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
This hotel has every amenity you need. You don't even want to leave the hotel! We were very impressed and plan to stay at the hotel again. The pillows were uncomfortable and the bed wasn't the most cozy.
3 night trip Jun 13, 2014
Jme11
We stay at the Hyatt every summer and it's always a good experience.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"A/C didn't work in room."
Hyatt Gainey is a great resort, close to our home. So, we decided on a staycation for Father's Day. We noticed that the air wasn't working properly when we were ready for bed. A tech came and got it working. It lasted about 2 hours. Upon check out i let the check out agent know that the air did not work all night in our room and all the agent did was give us a resort fee credit. $25??? In Arizona in June? I was not happy. We loved the pool and had a great time otherwise. Room comfort is a big deal though. I did also appreciate that the housekeeper found my daughter's Kindle and turned it in to security.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
the grounds and pool were over worked dirty and not of a quality known for at this hotel. At 4am the grounds looked like they should close it down for cleaning for the day. Ugh....
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Has Changed Too Much"
While overall I enjoyed my stay, I was disappointed to see some of the changes that have taken place at the hotel since I first started staying there 14 years ago. The day beds in the pool area are gone, the koi fish are gone andthe pool area is dedefinitely not as clean as it should be. The tables are filthly and there are cups, straws and bottles under the chairs. This is not the level of class or hospitality I have come to expect.
3 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Overall, my experience was very good at the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, AZ. The staff and facilities were wonderful. My only complaint was with the hotel's taxi service. They should have a complimentary shuttle to take the guests to nearby places within a certain distance; instead, they rely on a local company that charges a "flat rate." For example, me and my girlfriend decided to eat out one night at a local restaurant that was about 5 miles away. The trip there cost $15 and then on the way back it cost $29. That's a $14 difference. How does that happen? Plus, the trip back was even quicker.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Great resort"
Resort and it's grounds are excellent. Pool temped was way worth the wait. Water slide is great!! Food is 9 out of 10!!!
3 night trip May 23, 2014
PJV
"staycation in snottsdale"
Went here for a romantic/staycation. I couldnt ask for a better time from the complimentary prickly pear margaritas upon check in to the great pool area to the groovy live music to the free bike rentals we rode to a nearby breakfast joint! Great service and perfect rooms with the surrounding mountain views! Perfect
1 night romance trip May 10, 2014
"Classy and beautiful"
Everything about our stay was perfect. Staff was polite and helpful. Surrounding was beautiful. Bed comfy and room always clean. Food was fabulous! LOVED everything and will absolutely go back!!
Other trip May 12, 2014