All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
Two Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Monterey hotel"
Gorgeous room. Paid extra for ocean view which was somewhat obstructed and room was noisy
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"five star"
Outstanding stay, fantastic hotel
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Emmanuel
"PRICY WIFI"
It is a fabulous hotel with one exception to charge for wifi up to $ 40.00 a day is PETTY to the extreme.
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Great Place To Stay In Monterey"
Portola Hotel & Spa is a conveniently located hotel in Monterey. The hotel is clean and has the feeling of an island resort. The staff is pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed breakfast and dinner at Jacks Restaurant in the hotel and other local restaurants on Fisherman's Wharf just a short walk away.
4 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"No Air Conditioning! WiFi was not really free."
Even though the outside temperature was typical...60+* daytime & 50's at night...the room was really really warm. There was a fan in the room but no air conditioner...only a heater. Because there is a pedestrian walkway outside the room we had (as did most every room in the hotel) leaving the sliding door open wasn't really an option. We were hot all night long and neither of us has a good night's sleep. Also, when we booked the room it said there was free WiFi but that turned out to only be in one section of the hotel lobby. This was misleading information. Free WiFi was one reason we chose this hotel. It was $9.99 for 24 hrs. Also, you have to pay to park at $19/night. Hotel is in good condition but needs new carpet in the hallways. Great that Pino's restaurant was adjacent with a reasonably priced breakfast. $20 for breakfast buffet in Jack's was too much for our needs. Great location but a bit difficult with all the one way street surrounding the hotel.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Sheila A
"Location, location"
Fantastic hotel and location. Well worth paying the extra.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"A Great Hotel"
We enjoyed our stay, the staff was very friendly and our room was very clean & comfortable. It was within walking distance to the wharf & so many little shops & restaurants....and lots of entertainment; like outdoor jazz bands, etc. we will be back again in the near future. :)
Other trip May 26, 2015
bonnie
"monterey's best"
fabulous hotel with great location, walk to all the sights and great staff
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Bruce
"weekend with the grandkids"
we enjoyed our stay the hotel was very clean and the grandkids loved the pool and hot tub I loved the service and the comfort. everything we wanted to do was within walking distains and the beach was super close and clean best weekend ever thank you for making my grandson birthday perfect.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Great hotel in excellent location"
I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The location was perfect. It was right near the wharf that we went to eat and take a whale watching trip. Close to lots of activities like bike rental, ocean, restaurants and shopping. However, hotel was quiet at night. I was nervous to book on Cannery Row because there weren't ocean views available, and I thought street view would be too loud. I liked the location of this hotel, and the room was exactly as it looked in the photos, which isn't always the case with hotels. Staff was very knowledgeable and friendly.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Happy as always"
I always enjoy the stay at the Portola. It is a great value, excellent location and very good service.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
Ron
"Couples stay"
For the cost of the room, would have thought complimentary wifi would have been included. Not that great of a view from the balcony, but overall experience was pretty good. The location is prime for the Warf area and the rest of the strip.
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"Quick getaway"
Had a great trip with the family! Walked to the wharf and had some great food and fun. Kids enjoyed the pool!
Jarrod
"Unimpressed. Never going back."
Our room was next to the pool, and very noisy because of it. The pool was not heated well. The road noise and airplane noise was incredibly loud by the pool. We kept our patio doors closed bc of the noise. Our view was of the inside of a parking garage. Our tv didn't work and we had a technician in our room for an hour trying to fix it to no avail. We received no credit. In fact they mis charged us for 3 movies we never watched. Parking was $22 a day, and we only parked for a little over 12 hours.
Christine
"Great Location.."
Pros: Comfortable beds, Beautiful hotel. Great location. Close to shops and Fishermans Wharf. Parking Garage $19/ day for guests. Cons: Rooms a bit small for the price. Poor customer service in "Jacks" the restaurant. Charge for WiFi..
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Great hotel with spa, pool etc . Right at the Monterey pier easy walking distance to all downtown sites. I would rate higher than 3 stars.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Awesome time"
Was Very pleasant
1 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Susie
"Portola Monterey"
Went for the IMSA race at Laguna Seca. This location is within walking distance of many great restaurants and Monterey attractions. Important to me as I like to "decompress" at least one of the nights when I'm out of town for fun. The room service food is not stellar but good.
1 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
Kenneth
"Great hotel but don't leave your do not disturb"
Everything was great! What I sid not like was that I was working in my room and had the do not disturb sign on and because of that they let me know my room was not going to be cleaned by sliding a nite under my door. I would have gladly left for lunch for an hour to have my room cleaned if I would've known.
2 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Caitlin
"Portola Stay"
Had a great time! We absolutely enjoyed the piano bar! He really made our trip memorable, my 6 yr old daughter loved him. Very nice man and the cocktails were incredible. WE will be back! The Crisp Family:)
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Sean
"Birthday Getaway"
We spent the entire day walking on the piers and enjoying the ambience of the area. We saw plenty of seals, sea lions and sea otters.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great hotel close to bike and walking path"
This hotel is nicely updated, clean, with well designed details.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
LSmith
Excellent customer service, clean hotel all around, and close to harbor!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Spring break"
Had a great time at this hotel. Close to shops and the aquarium which was our reason for travel. Decently priced.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Great Hotel, Perfect Location"
My husband and I stayed at the Portola Hotel Apr. 9-Apr. 11 for our anniversary. We found the hotel to be in great condition, and all staff was extremely kind. The Room: We stayed in a Courtyard View King room. The room itself was spacious and I enjoyed the decor. There was a full wall lined in books, and the extra vanity area in the bathroom was really nice. The Food: We dined at both restaurants. Jack's is more upscale and the food was great, although I felt it was a little overpriced for what it was. I had the Rib Eye Steak and my husband had the Lobster Cioppino, both were very delicious. The Location: I didn't realize how close the hotel is to both Fisherman's Wharf and downtown Monterey, but it truly was perfect. We parked the car and didn't drive again until we checked out.
2 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
SIOBHAN
"Visiting Monterey"
Excellent location for the Historic District & Fisherman's Wharf. Great brew pub, sports bar at the hotel; excellent staff throughout. Visited the Aquarium and other sites on the Monterey Peninsula and this location is an easy site to connect to things to do.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Kathleen
"Wonderful hotel by Fisherman's Wharf!"
The Portola Hotel and Spa is a lovely hotel in a perfect bay location. We really enjoyed the spa services. The staff was friendly and provided excellent service. Thank you.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Sioban
"Convenient location"
The hotel has many more attributes than I expected and the stay was very pleasant, comfortable and affordable.
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Stuart
"Not a place for small children."
I was told by the security that we would have to leave if my baby didn't stop crying. So basically we would have been thrown out on the street because they put us in a section of the hotel that was very loud with the noise from the bar out front waking her up at night. Very nice hotel but don't bring your baby if they cry over drunks carrying on at 2 am.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Sad mommy
"Centrally located resort with great accomodations"
Upon arriving, the staff at Portola Hotel & Spa made our welcome memorable. The valet was convenient, fast and affordable. They unloaded our bags and greeted us with a warm smile. The complimentary chocolate chip cookie was also a nice bonus. The hotel accommodations were fantastic - the beds were pristine and very, very comfortable. Our room had amazing views of Fisherman's Wharf and the Bay. Portola Hotel is centrally located, saving precious time during travel to tourist destinations. The hotel bar in the lobby had great happy hour specials including $4 red and white wines from 4pm-6pm. I choose Portola for my birthday getaway and they hotel and staff did not disappoint. I will definitely return during my mother's visit from the East Coast.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Dirty and outmoded with lots of hidden extras"
We checked in and we're not given the room we asked for. The staff were aloof and unhelpful. The room had no a/c!! No view or suitably sized beds for myself and two children The there were the hidden extras. Parking $ 19- a day!!! Wifi $ 11- a day per device!! Not again especially at their overcharged prices.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Eurocol LLC
"My stay"
I had a problem with my shower it only took maintence about 15 minutes to come and make repair great work
2 night business trip Mar 31, 2015
Kennis
Hotel was in a great location. We only stayed one night so we cannot comment on the other facilities, but the rooms/beds were comfortable. If we would have gone in summer we may have missed the AC. This time it worked however. We just opened the windows. Overall very good stay. Would definitely recommend, and likely we'll stay there again.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Great location to the beach and wharf."
Nice view of the bay. Wonderful nightly breeze. Shops and reasturants all around. Concierge was great with discounts and bookings.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Gnomejr
"Highly recommended"
Overall a very nice hotel, valet parking is also very reasonable.
1 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
Bin
"Awesome Stay"
Awesome!I would definitely recommend.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Florence
"Really nice hotel near water"
Hotel is walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf and downtown. Spa is wonderful! No complaints!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Couple getaway"
We recommend this hotel to anyone thinking about travel to Monterey. Very nice !
1 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
laraika
"Great Stay, aside from several homeless hippies."
The hotel was very nice along with the staff. The room was clean, but a little noisy as it faced the parking garage. The properties in the area, including this hotel, need to crack down on the homeless hippies. I understand it's California, but there's nothing wrong with chasing off the eyesores to make the visitor's experience more enjoyable. Maybe scare them away with some job applications of bars of soap.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Bryan
"Awesome Hotel"
This hotel is the bang for the bucks. It's upscale and the price is just right. Rooms are very clean and look upscale. The hallways could use some décor; currently the hallways look like a typical motel that you find alongside the freeways like Bestwestern or Holidays Inn. Other than the hallways, this hotel is easily 4.5 star hotels. Very convenience to the Wharf pier walk where lots of fine seafood restaurants. 20 min. walk to the aquarium and about 10 min. drive to the 17-mile drive on the pebble beach. So location-wise it is an excellent location.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
We have a very pleasant stay, the Hotel staff was very nice and courteous. I would recommend this Hotel my family and friends, and we will definitely will stay there again.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"There is no free wifi in the room"
From the expedia I think there is free wifi, but the wifi in the room is surcharged. But the staff is very nice, he gave me some cookie
Hao
"location"
great location
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Portola"
Very central area for the business schedule. Pool area nice but noisy with the traffic behind.
5 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
Jocelyne L.
"Nice location. Close to Fisherman's Warf."
Lots of cool stuff within walking distance (whale watching trips, great seafood restaurants). Short walk to see seals and otters.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Gordon
"Very close to the wharf and restaurants."
We only spent one night but the hotel was very clean and comfortable. Check in was easy.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Noisy but convenient"
Noisy room
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Jon
"Great hot"
Best Hotel we've stayed at
2 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Nice but extremely noisy"
We stayed for four nights on the third floor between the elevator and the exit to the hotel micro-brewery/bar. We were awakened every night, multiple times, by noisy people talking full volume in the hallway walking back to their rooms from the elevator and bar. This hotel is attached to a conference center, thus there are people staying there who do not pay for their own rooms and they act like it. I have never stayed at a hotel with such inconsiderate guests. If you're looking for the "resort life" with a good night's sleep, this isn't your place. This is a party hotel for conference attendees. Note also this hotel is not air conditioned. There are numerous terrible rooms at the lower levels overlooking busy roads or pedestrian areas where it would be impossible to leave your windows open on a hot summer night. If you really want to stay here in the summer, insist on a room on floor four or above.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Our favorite hotel"
Our favorite hotel in Monterey!!!. Elegant place to stay...near wharf and restaurants we like.
1 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015