All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
210 Madonna Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
    Poor vibe
"Perfect location, close to Cal Poly."
My husband and son stayed here months ago while they were visiting Cal Poly. They thought it was fine. I stayed while my son attended orientation on campus, and I was initially happy to be staying in a 'fine' hotel. It was not at all what I was expecting. It was pretty run down, soap from the last guest was still in the shower, and a dirty q-tip was behind the nightstand. It was quite dated, and worn. Would I stay there again? Never.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Lissa
"Normal but a mouse in the pool"
We were at the pool when saw somenthing floting around. There was a mause. Disgusting If you consider coffee and a piece of bread breakfast, this is ehat they offer as the included meal
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
patty
"Old, musty, smelly, barely tolerable."
Was a very poor value for the money. Badly in need of major cleaning, upgrade. The owners obviously invest very little in upkeep. I would recommend this place be avoided if possible.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Very nice"
staff was nice room was clean. The water pressure drops as soon as you try to use the hot water though so taking a shower wasn't great. The ac works wonderfully and the pool area was nice a clean. I enjoyed my stay.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Quality of service, nice and clean room. Location is excellent. We loved it. We will come back soon.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Luz
Below standards - not clean, poor customer service. Would not recommend.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Stacey
"unsanitsry"
We found Wes dirty with hair s d stains. Found pubic hair in bath tub. Went to clerk and they did offer 20% discount but I could not let my 3 grand kids sleep I. That room. They were all sold out. But when another first asked me what happened the clerk told is to leave or he will call the cops. I asked him to call the copy's and will call the tv station.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
licy realtor
"Dirty spa, broken air, urine on the toilet seat"
Enjoy your vacation, find another hotel. This hotel should be a one star.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Not Bad for a Quick Stay"
Hotel location is a plus because it is close to the 101 off ramp. Discount to Denny's next door is a welcome bonus. Facilities show signs of aging. Hotel desk clerks could be a bit friendlier. Breakfast nook is very small.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Close to everything. Will stay there again."
We stayed on a Monday night. This room was the best of four different hotels we stayed in during our trip.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
MS
"Good for the money"
Nothing fancy, just a place to stay when I work up there. The A/C is in the bathroom, so it doesn't cool the room very well. The TV has a lot of channels, but is low-def and small. Nice to get the 20% discount at Denny's.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Rocky
Ran down rooms and the hot tub was dirty and no working good
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"sad stay"
hotel needs upgrade, not worth the price, will not stay there again
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
KATHLEEN
This hotel was well priced, right next to it is a 24 hour Denny's and a gas station then across the street was a grocerie store and khols etc.. There is a pool and jucuzzi which was nice for the hotel it's self a nice Serta mattress the best pillows ever big fluffy towels, as for the room it left a little to be desired but was made up for by the great hotel staff. I'm going back for sure!
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Nice."
Good place to crash, obviously for the price it isn't plush. But it's clean, decent wifi, close to freeway, and includes breakfast. Desk employees super nice and helpful with things to do in city.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Carla
"just ok"
The only good thing about this hotel was the staff. They were helpful when needed. The hotel has a "heated" spa that is barely heated and the Jets don't really work. The rooms are loud - you can hear everything going on outside and throughout the rooms. If someone turns on the water in another room it's super loud in your room, if your on the bottom floor you will hear "elephants" walking above you. The rooms them self are small, "clean enough" the towels are old and paper thin might as well bring your own stuff. The fridge didn't work well and anything I had in the freezer part never stayed frozen, the freezer constantly leaked and there was water all over the fridge and floor of the room constantly.
4 night business trip Jun 28, 2015
Alicia
"Basically ok"
We needed an affordable place to stay while moving our student out of her college home. Vagabond staff was fine and room was basic but clean. A couple of the other guests, however, were sketchy. As I was waiting to check in, the staff person behind the desk had to deal with an irate guest who was absolutely unreasonable in what she was mad about. After she left, the staff person apologized to me for having to witness the situation and was very friendly to me.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
anonymous
"Low quality hotel"
Roach in room, poor condition, wifi didn't work, no paint on walls, popcorn outdated ceiling and room. Toilet clogged and they won't come to fix it. You have to get a plunger and do it yourself.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
I would not recommend staying at this hotel for the rate they charge. They charged way too much per night for what they offered or lacked to offer.This hotel was too noisy....many of the occupants made the stay unenjoyable. There was too much late night noise, making it difficult for surrounding occupants to get sleep. Room key also failed to work half of the time and it was frustrating having to constantly take it back to get reset. When I suggtested perhaps the problem maybe with the door and not the key, the hotel desk clerk, simply responded and said it was common for keys to not work, once they start experiencing problems.... So, again, they really did nothing to dig deeper in to fixing the issue. They just thought resetting it was enough, which explains why I made daily trips to the office to get my key working each day. Overall, It was not worth the money to stay there. The Wifi also was very limited. The hotel claimed they offered Wifi in all the rooms, but I had trouble staying connected on any of my devices throughout my stay. The only spot in room it seemed to work more than 5 minutes was next to the window by the door :( Overall, I felt the amenities were poor. It is not worth the money.
7 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
"Pleasantly Pleased"
I reserved this motel based on an event I was attending nearby. The price was right but I was still leery about the room, based on the pics. I kept the reservation and upon check in the man at the desk was super nice and friendly, the room was in great condition and was spacious. I would definitely stay at Vagabond again in the future.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"We will stay at SLO Vagabond again."
The staff was very nice, the pool area was clean and we enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Good hotel for the price"
The hotel is right next to the Madonna Inn and right across the street from a bunch of stores and places to eat. The rooms are nicely taken care of but a little small. The staff was super awesome and let us check in 2 hours after the late check in normally closes. The breakfast is just pastries and juice but overall for the price it is a great deal.
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
Robin
"Nivel vew. Hotel is ok."
Was ok for my needs, nice view, bad staff. Bad breckfast. el hotel fue bueno como de paso, no más de un día. Mal atendido
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"NICE !!"
Nice Clean hotel. Continental breakfast not to good.
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Anthony
"Hotel on way to beach!"
The A/C takes a long time to heat or cool. Good TV , many stations. Great pool for swimming! Good coffee in room(Farmers Brothers)!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
M.A.
"Ugly"
Smoke free room was SMOKY! Bedding stained. Disgusting overall.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
The room was clean but very outdated. We had a 2 bed 1 queen and 1 twin
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
dottie
"Great place to stay. Will come back"
very good hotel. Quick registration clean room.
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Manuel
Good
1 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
david
"Nice, clean, quiet, on the side of a little hill !"
I was only in town for one night to visit family after having taken a beautiful train trip up the coast. This hotel was very quiet, peaceful and clean. Others have made the comment that this place is dated and I guess maybe it is sort of but very clean and well kept. The WiFi worked great for my tablet! There is a really good Denny's right in the same lot which was great! Front desk staff was friendly and let me check in an hour early which they didn't have to do. Heck even the house keeping person was nice. Really hard to find anything bad to say about this place. Would I do it again? Yes without hesitation.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
Todd
"Good location, decent price, needs updating"
Hotel is a bit outdated, but for the price I can't complain. Only reason I booked was because there were no other hotels available in the area. Cal Poly graduation weekend, so it was limited availability. Room was clean, staff was very friendly, location is good. But overall for me, it's not to my standards.
1 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
"Great value in San Luis!"
Great location - walking distance to restaurants and shops - not too far from downtown either. The hotel is clean, well maintained, staff friendly and the rooms are fairly large and reasonably appointed. Definitely worth $80-90 a night - a great value. Despite being quite close to 101, it is not very noisy. A good place to stay.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
Vero
"Gross"
The room was disgusting. Even the lamp shades had stains and mold. The bed cover looks like it hasn't been changed or cleaned since the 80's. The door jam looks like the door was kicked in at some point. Curtains did not slide, so we had to prop them open with a chair to get airflow since the AC didn't work. Would never stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"A restfull stay"
We stayed here one night to rest up before a fishing trip.I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was,bed was very comfortable,room was very clean,nice hdtv and mini frig.many food options nearby.great location.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
"Spectacular view!"
The view from our second floor room was spectacular. Staff was pleasant and room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was sparse but room was inexpensive. 20% discount at Denny's more than makes up for this. Pleasant surprised for this budget hotel.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
Vicky
"Basic but functional, clean."
I was there only for a night. Will not mind coming back.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"OK in an emergency"
Had to stay in SLO on CalPoly graduation week-end so there was not much of a choice. The value to price ratio is terrible. Location is OK as there is a large shopping center across the street. A/C did not work, WiFi was OK. Pretty poor condition place and very poor value for the money.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
The room was nice and clean. It was comfortable but the bed was hard.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Sharron
"Great!"
Easy check in, great pool-hot tub, clean, convenient location. Never been disappointed when booking a Vagabond Inn.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
June
"Just ok. Perfect location."
Good, but the old room and furniture. It seems and feels that hundreeds of people just have slept there before you did.
Other trip May 30, 2015
Svetlana
"No more stay here"
No good....
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"A bit overpriced"
Very nice location, hotel a bit dated, but clean and quiet.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Benny
"Bad hotel"
Dirty Carpet, Bedding, not enough pillows, noise ( No Sound proofing)
Other trip May 24, 2015
Danny
"Best stay for the price"
Easy freeway access. 5 min drive to downtown SLO. Not many bad areas in SLO so you can't go wrong. $60 a night I would stay again. Free breakfast included just muffins coffee and juice. Spa and pool were clean but spa water was room temp. If you want a cheap stay and visiting SLO with a short drive to cal poly or downtown I recommend
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"Comfortable and quiet location."
We came for a weekend getaway to meet friends. Rooms were comfortable. Location was quiet (we were in the furthest section from the highway). We could walk to the shopping center for Starbucks in the morning and we walked next door to the Madonna Inn for dinner one night. Drove to Morro Bay for a day at the beach and a hike in Los Osos.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Weeking in SLO"
The hotel is in need of an upgrade and the water pressure and temperature varies in the morning. Other than that, it is convenient and the staff was friendly enough.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
Kenia
"Quiet hotel with easy access to freeway"
I stayed one night at the Vagabond Inn. Contrary to the description in Expedia, there was staff available at the front desk when I wanted to check in, which was convenient. The hotel staff was courteous and helpful and my stay was without incident.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Ann
"Great choice in SLO"
Very good economy choice. Excellent value. Near shopping and restaurants. Very accommodating at front desk. Would re-book for sure.
1 night trip May 17, 2015
Edward
"Choice on a budget in SLO"
Nice affordable place to stay nestle in beautiful SLO hills. Comfy, clean room with too fee outlets (really a hassle trying to charge a phone and laptop in the room. Very efficient front desk. 24 hr restaurant next door a real convenience. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip May 17, 2015