All hotels in Chula Vista, California, United States of America

Pleasant and quite
1 night romance trip May 5, 2014
Erika
"Great value"
We would go there again. It is a great location. This hotel is not far from the marina .
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
mary
"Clean Rooms"
We had vacationed in Mexico and decided to come back the night before our flight left. We had not phone service in Mexico, so had to use Wi-fi to book the hotel. Upon pulling into this place, we realized this was a motel and we immediately tried to cancel our room. There were many cars driving in and out of nearby parking lots with radios blaring (seemed like a bad part of town) and the motel looked very shabby on the outside. We were told we could not cancel the room. In the mean time, the customer service person took a phone call and said that if they book online it is $80.00 per night (which is what we paid) but that if you call over the phone she does it for $60.00 per night. SERIOUSLY?!?! All in all, this really is a $60.00 per night room. The rooms were clean, sheets were clean, and bathrooms were clean. We only needed to stay one night as our flight left very early the next morning.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Taryn
"Think twice"
Unless your booking this hotel for partying or for a night of partying. Don't stay at this hotel. The whole night I heard the pounding bass from the club across the street and people yelling. I was not able to fall a sleep until 3am.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Don't recommended to nobody, I'll say look for some other place,really bad area,spend 30 dollars more on a better hotel recommended, you'll be glad u did,wierd things happen at night, not family oriented unless ur single,low rating 0
3 night business trip Dec 27, 2013
"close to the downtown"
so so
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
Kay
"Nice room horrible staff"
Front desk staff- Melissa - very unprofessional with horrible customer service skills
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Not Bad for the Price"
Good deal for the price, room was a little out dated and small but served it's purpose which was just to rest. I would stay there again if I needed to. Front desk attendant was polite.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Poor neoghborjood"
The hotel service was good, you get what you pay for. However, te surrounding area was not very safe or clean. There was a homeless person sleeping outside the hotel and vandalism through the walls of other buildings next to this hotel. I heard a couple screaming overnight who didn't let us sleep. I didn't feel safe. I was in Chula Vista from Az for the holidays and obviously unaware of the areas reputation. I was drawn in to this hotel for the price. Although the hotel and service was great, I wouldn't return due to the location on this hotel.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Convienent Location"
The staff was wonderful !! I left an item in the room and the clerk actually went in herself and found it for me. The rate was perfect !!
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2013
Benita
"Worst place to stay"
Had a very bad experience. Booked only for 1 night stay. Did not stay that night . The room did not have running water in the shower . Called front desk and they said they cannot move us to another room cause there's none available. Front desk suggested if we wanted to take a shower in another room ?? Who does that??? Worst night ever !!!! Rate this place 0
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Not Good. Don't go. Dirty and outdated room. No working wireless.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
Someguy
I killed two Rochester in the sink. They had a bikers convenchion staying here and played loud music till two in the morning could not sleep the hotel management did nothing about it. Tried to do laundry but the drier did not work so we had to go to a local laundry mat. The contanel breakfast only consist of a single tray of pasties and coffee no waffles , Cerile no fruit nothing. A very expensive hole in the wall.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
charlie
Oh just wonderful very clean I'm very satisfied
1 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Esther
"Second time here"
checked in without a problem..We got ready and went out for the evening.Upon returning we gound a bug under the sheets. Itcwas 4 am the phone in our room was not plugged in and no one was in the office. I was so tired we just removed the bug and slept on top of all covers with a blanket I brought from home. When checking out I mention it to the lady at the desk and said "basically there Is nothing we can do now you should have called us. ..This will be my last stsy at this facility
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Drksuga
"Vagabond Hotel"
Vagabond inn chula vista is a decent place to stay , overall I give it a 6 out of 10 , 10 being a 5 star .
2 night trip Sep 30, 2013
jacob sweets
"Our stay was nice"
Ideal location nearby restaurant. Room was clean. Friendly staff. Okay for the price. Decent place. Happy with the amenities they had.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Islander
"Musty"
Right away the I was assaulted with damp, musty smell when I opened the door. The other guests were noisy and were smoking on the stairway where I had to pass. Cigarette butts everywhere. Next time I'll go for the next grade up (3 stars). I learned my lesson and the next time I'll spend the extra 20 - 30 bucks for a better hotel.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Would stay again"
Staff was very friendly and conscientious about the condition of the hotel.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Convenient"
Convenient
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
very well located, and quiet.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2013
conrad
It ws nice just the free breakfast is not good. Only muffin n juice!
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
zulma
"Good and comfortable for the price"
The beds were good and comfy, wi fi fast enough, breakfast just coffee and pastries but we were not expecting much more.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
m.
"The beds were new and comfortable"
It served its purpose.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2013
Jessica G
"I'd stay again!"
Front desk staff member was more than helpful and had a wonderful personality. Check in was fast, housekeeping arrived in a timely matter and the room was clean and comfortable along with a fridge and microwave which was an added bonus! There is a Wendy's within walking distance and a convenience store nearby which was useful during our stay. I have no complaints. I am happy :)
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
"Hotel was ok I would not book there again"
everything was fine the staff was nice and professional
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
marcelle
"disappointed"
I am usually very satisfied with the Vagabond hotels and I was very disappointed with this one. It was a bit run down and the breakfast was minimal. I am changing my view of the Vagabond line of hotels.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
sally
"Not knowing area well"
Not knowing area well, was pleased with choice of the Vagabond, but surrounding area was not an area you would like to take an evening walk in.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
Guest
"Just a place to sleep"
The room was small but that's OK for the money spent. There were no towels available so we had to call the front desk for some.Strange that the bed only had sheets on it but no bedspread or comforter.. not really an issue. Bathroom was kinda nasty. There was what looked to be blood on the wall and the toilet and the toilet paper dispenser was falling off of the wall. The only really bad bad thing was the other occupants of the hotel. Slamming doors throughout the night and we had some woman crying for about an hour right outside our door. Made it difficult to enjoy a nights sleep. Those things I understand are not something the hotel can control.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"average"
FNothing special but a nice, clean hotel. It was close to lite rail and several restaurants.If you looking for a no thrills hotel that is clean this is the place.
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2013
"served its purpose"
Needed a place to sleep for the night. Only hotel with vacancy at a "reasonable" price, but price was expected due to spur of the moment getaway. Service was friendly and check in check out was a breeze.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Very basic hotel, but acceptable"
The hotel is very basic, but clean and quite nice. Breakfast is exceptionally basic continental, without even milk and cereals. If price matters it can be acceptable.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Mirek
"Never go back"
Unfriendly front desk lady who didn't know how to provide customer service and ignore guests coming in because she was focusing/ texting on her cell phone. Continental brkft was just like: really? Coffee, apple and orange juices, and couple pieces of breads? (I just got one). Noisy AC. Very noisy. Unstable wifi.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Came down for comic-con"
We came down to stay here for comic-con. Was a bit pricey for the location and area but everyone jacks up the prices around comic-con. Very close to light rail station which was nice. Caught it and went right to convention center. Facilities we nice but area was a little sketchy. Nice stay
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
roxburyer
"It's small & the "non-smoking" room had a bad odor"
We checked in and within the hour checked out. Horrible. During our few minutes stay in our room we searched for another hotel to stay at.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Loved this hotel."
The people and the hotel was very nice. The lady at the desk made the hotel visit the best experience.
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
mark
"Crazy July"
The room would have been fine except the air conditioner made horrible sounds at night and we had to turn it off a couple of times. It also leaked onto the carpet indicating why there was a mildew smell.
4 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Sha
"close to the beach"
The air conditioning could have been better/colder. Other than that everything was fine. Very friendly staff. Nice big room.
2 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2013
It's small, dirty, old and smells very bad.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Anna
"Not bad for the pocket"
We usually used this place and I have no issue with the rate, it's just this recent stay hurt my pocket! It goes up more than double and yeah I was thinking it's because of the peak season and I did a last minute booking : (
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Mia
We stayed here before and the place wasn't so bad but our last visit here was horrible first they gave us a room that was used as a storage filled with boxes then we went to get a different room and it was very dirty,jacuzzy was green,felt very uncomfortable and will never stay here again.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
"Visit San Diego"
Service fine even though wifi would be better if didn't have to login to network as tablets and cell phones have trouble with this method better just change wifi key since this method works all devices.
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2013
DavidL
"weekend getaway"
This hotel was reasonably priced. We had a two night stay. Upon arrival they confirmed our reservation and asked our prefererance of upstairs or downstairs. They staff was friendly and helpful no matter time of day. Starbucks and shopping within 3 miles. Only 20 minutes from mission beach and the naval yard where the uss Midway is docked as a museum. Would stay there again if in the San Diego area.
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2013
The Millers
"not bad for one night stay"
Pros 1. nice neighborhood Cons 1. unfortunately had a crying baby next door and it was noisy throughout 2. the cover of the ac came off 3. breakfast was not that good
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"The room was clean and I really liked the bed."
It was good this hotel because the room was clean and it has a nice bed. The furniture looks a little bit old but it is fine because it is clean. I would recommend to stay in this hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"Will not stay again"
Rooms need an upgrade, AC didn't work, had no towels at check in
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"Vacation"
Went to Vagabond Inn Chula Vista for a vacation with my daughter. Only disappointment was the pool was very green. Staff was great!
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
"Room was great"
While the ladies at the desk were wonderful and the very nice and also very quiet. However when we tried to use the pool and hot tub it was rather overrun with staff children they were running into us. Throwing dirty balls into the water it was all not very relaxing which was the whole point of the vacation. The youngest was throwing grapes though the fence all in all the hotel was nice without the unruly and unattended children it was a 4
4 night family trip Jun 16, 2013
"Good short term stay for vacation."
The benefit of this hotel is good price. Considered it is a 2-Star hotel/Inn, I believed that it have everything you need.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
"It o.k, but the parking space is very small"
Everything else is very satisfied, but i don't like the parking space and the breakfast. They should have some kind of pancake, eggs, and sausages, but I understand that they can't afford to have that kind of food for breakfast.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2013