All hotels in Chula Vista, California, United States of America
230 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA, 91910, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice clean economy hotel"
Staff was friendly and pool and hot tub clean and well kept
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Wonderful staff!"
I am in the hospitality industry myself, and I must say, the front desk staff is amazing! Very friendly, engaging, and personable, always saying the right thing, the right way, with a welcoming confidence that said to me that they were happy to have me there.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
Andrew MacLaine
"Not the best, not the worst"
This hotel definitely needs an update! It wasn't just run-down, it was falling apart in places. The paint was coming off the walls, outlets were all crooked (I was actually afraid to plug in my phone charger!), every single outlet with the little plastic motion sensor light was broken. It needed repainted and new carpet so badly. The curtains were okay. Everything else was just outdated and it showed. I know Chula Vista isn't the best area, but this area seemed ok. I wasn't ever scared while I was there. The air conditioner didn't work that well and I had to stand on the bed in order to even get to it to change the temp. The bathroom was pretty gross. I wore shoes whenever I was stepping on the carpeted floor or bathroom floor. The vending machine outside has a broken coin retrieval slot so I had to get something long and skinny to retrieve the change owed to me and this other little boy that was getting a soda. I will say, however, that the staff was excellent which made it better. I think we only ever saw 2 ladies but they were both fantastic! I want to also mention this hotel is VERY close to Aunt Emma's pancakes which is a fantastic place to eat! So fantastic that we ate there two mornings in a row! Very busy, but worth it!
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"Needs upgrades!!!"
We had ants on room, AC was right on your face and hidden on bathroon/closet area. Wierd place. Pool was dirty. Not a good place
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
Victor
"You get what you pay for!"
Staff was friendly. Room was OK but had ants in the bathroom. There's a bar right behind the motel that plays loud music late at night. Probably won't stay here again but only paid $130 a night so you definitely get what you pay for! The plus was it's very close to Sea World.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Pictures are decieving"
Don't judge the hotel by looking at the pictures. We rented two rooms and both had problems. One's A/C was not working and despite telling the staff nothing was done to fix it or even move us to a newer room. Second had ant's crawling in the restroom.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Timmy
"Better Than Expected"
I was a little apprehensive after reading reviews, but my room was clean, comfortable & up to date. I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if this is a common problem as it was my first time staying, but I did have an issue of having no hot water from 9pm-11am. As long as the hot water's on, I'd stay again.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
beachbabi
"Only a one night stay motel, if you're desperate."
We only spent one night in this motel, & that was too much. Even though the room itself was clean, the rooms/motel needs to be remodeled/renovated a bit. Their idea of a continental breakfast is a joke. They only had a some pastries, orange & apple juices & coffee. They say they have free wifi, but everytime we tried to connect using our cells & tablet, it would say that it couldn't reach or connect to the wifi. Also, the area that this motel is in is not really a good area; there's a lot of shady-looking people around. Overall, we wouldn't ever stay there again, not even for one night.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Rebekah
The hotel was nice. The area of town wasnt amazing and the room was poorly stocked.... the pool was broken but they did upgrade our room.... it was a decent room for the little time we spent in it.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
this place doesn't worth the price as soon as i arrived and check the room i had to leave. it did not look the same as they advertise.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
nina
"Liar"
We stayed 5 nights. It says breakfast included. But just coffee & juice. And a small tray of pastry. That' it !!! High speed internet ? Forget it !!! Very slow or even no signal. Good side is room is big. But old and dirty. A lot more hotel around. I recommend you take a look at another one in that are first
5 night business trip May 30, 2014
Yan
"It was alright"
I don't want this review to sound like this is the worst place to stay in Chula Vista because it really isn't. Since people read reviews to know exactly what to expect, I will get straight to it. Lets start off with the landscape and exterior of the hotel, which were well kept. Most rooms are quite close to the pool area. The pool hours are not set in stone. I must say, they were very courteous people and kept the pool open until 1 am for us. Now for the rooms. They were clean, new tile bathroom floors, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, etc. However, we were given 1 washcloth and 2 towels. Everything we needed more than that, we had to ask for. The beds had a sheet as a bed spread, which actually made me feel cleaner because we all know how clean bedspreads can be. The view from the bathroom is less than spectacular. There is a make shift trailer park so close you could reach out and touch it. That was the only negative about the neighborhood. The location was perfect for what I needed. I traveled well between Spring Valley, Chula Vista, and San Diego. Its about a 15 minute drive from many typical tourist locations (Seaport Village, Mission Beach, Coronado Island, etc). Unfortunately I had to pay holiday rates but I'm sure for a "normal" vacation the rate is really good for what you get. All in all, I think I would stay there again : )
4 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
"San Diego is great"
Hotel is 10 min from everywhere
3 night trip May 22, 2014
"Nice hotel with nice amenities"
We only stayed one night, but it was a comfortable night and the pool made it that much nicer! Great location too.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Robin
No i dont wont too you keep adking me amd i am only doing this so you stop e mailing me
Other trip May 25, 2014
Pleasant and quite
1 night romance trip May 5, 2014
Erika
"Great value"
We would go there again. It is a great location. This hotel is not far from the marina .
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
mary
"Clean Rooms"
We had vacationed in Mexico and decided to come back the night before our flight left. We had not phone service in Mexico, so had to use Wi-fi to book the hotel. Upon pulling into this place, we realized this was a motel and we immediately tried to cancel our room. There were many cars driving in and out of nearby parking lots with radios blaring (seemed like a bad part of town) and the motel looked very shabby on the outside. We were told we could not cancel the room. In the mean time, the customer service person took a phone call and said that if they book online it is $80.00 per night (which is what we paid) but that if you call over the phone she does it for $60.00 per night. SERIOUSLY?!?! All in all, this really is a $60.00 per night room. The rooms were clean, sheets were clean, and bathrooms were clean. We only needed to stay one night as our flight left very early the next morning.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Taryn
"Think twice"
Unless your booking this hotel for partying or for a night of partying. Don't stay at this hotel. The whole night I heard the pounding bass from the club across the street and people yelling. I was not able to fall a sleep until 3am.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Don't recommended to nobody, I'll say look for some other place,really bad area,spend 30 dollars more on a better hotel recommended, you'll be glad u did,wierd things happen at night, not family oriented unless ur single,low rating 0
3 night business trip Dec 27, 2013
"close to the downtown"
so so
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
Kay
"Nice room horrible staff"
Front desk staff- Melissa - very unprofessional with horrible customer service skills
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Not Bad for the Price"
Good deal for the price, room was a little out dated and small but served it's purpose which was just to rest. I would stay there again if I needed to. Front desk attendant was polite.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Poor neoghborjood"
The hotel service was good, you get what you pay for. However, te surrounding area was not very safe or clean. There was a homeless person sleeping outside the hotel and vandalism through the walls of other buildings next to this hotel. I heard a couple screaming overnight who didn't let us sleep. I didn't feel safe. I was in Chula Vista from Az for the holidays and obviously unaware of the areas reputation. I was drawn in to this hotel for the price. Although the hotel and service was great, I wouldn't return due to the location on this hotel.
2 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Convienent Location"
The staff was wonderful !! I left an item in the room and the clerk actually went in herself and found it for me. The rate was perfect !!
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2013
Benita
"Worst place to stay"
Had a very bad experience. Booked only for 1 night stay. Did not stay that night . The room did not have running water in the shower . Called front desk and they said they cannot move us to another room cause there's none available. Front desk suggested if we wanted to take a shower in another room ?? Who does that??? Worst night ever !!!! Rate this place 0
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
Not Good. Don't go. Dirty and outdated room. No working wireless.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
Someguy
I killed two Rochester in the sink. They had a bikers convenchion staying here and played loud music till two in the morning could not sleep the hotel management did nothing about it. Tried to do laundry but the drier did not work so we had to go to a local laundry mat. The contanel breakfast only consist of a single tray of pasties and coffee no waffles , Cerile no fruit nothing. A very expensive hole in the wall.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
charlie
Oh just wonderful very clean I'm very satisfied
1 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Esther
"Second time here"
checked in without a problem..We got ready and went out for the evening.Upon returning we gound a bug under the sheets. Itcwas 4 am the phone in our room was not plugged in and no one was in the office. I was so tired we just removed the bug and slept on top of all covers with a blanket I brought from home. When checking out I mention it to the lady at the desk and said "basically there Is nothing we can do now you should have called us. ..This will be my last stsy at this facility
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
Drksuga
"Vagabond Hotel"
Vagabond inn chula vista is a decent place to stay , overall I give it a 6 out of 10 , 10 being a 5 star .
2 night trip Sep 30, 2013
jacob sweets
"Our stay was nice"
Ideal location nearby restaurant. Room was clean. Friendly staff. Okay for the price. Decent place. Happy with the amenities they had.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Islander
"Musty"
Right away the I was assaulted with damp, musty smell when I opened the door. The other guests were noisy and were smoking on the stairway where I had to pass. Cigarette butts everywhere. Next time I'll go for the next grade up (3 stars). I learned my lesson and the next time I'll spend the extra 20 - 30 bucks for a better hotel.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Would stay again"
Staff was very friendly and conscientious about the condition of the hotel.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Convenient"
Convenient
3 night trip Aug 21, 2013
very well located, and quiet.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2013
conrad
It ws nice just the free breakfast is not good. Only muffin n juice!
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
zulma
"Good and comfortable for the price"
The beds were good and comfy, wi fi fast enough, breakfast just coffee and pastries but we were not expecting much more.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
m.
"The beds were new and comfortable"
It served its purpose.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2013
Jessica G
"I'd stay again!"
Front desk staff member was more than helpful and had a wonderful personality. Check in was fast, housekeeping arrived in a timely matter and the room was clean and comfortable along with a fridge and microwave which was an added bonus! There is a Wendy's within walking distance and a convenience store nearby which was useful during our stay. I have no complaints. I am happy :)
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
"Hotel was ok I would not book there again"
everything was fine the staff was nice and professional
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
marcelle
"disappointed"
I am usually very satisfied with the Vagabond hotels and I was very disappointed with this one. It was a bit run down and the breakfast was minimal. I am changing my view of the Vagabond line of hotels.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
sally
"Not knowing area well"
Not knowing area well, was pleased with choice of the Vagabond, but surrounding area was not an area you would like to take an evening walk in.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
Guest
"Just a place to sleep"
The room was small but that's OK for the money spent. There were no towels available so we had to call the front desk for some.Strange that the bed only had sheets on it but no bedspread or comforter.. not really an issue. Bathroom was kinda nasty. There was what looked to be blood on the wall and the toilet and the toilet paper dispenser was falling off of the wall. The only really bad bad thing was the other occupants of the hotel. Slamming doors throughout the night and we had some woman crying for about an hour right outside our door. Made it difficult to enjoy a nights sleep. Those things I understand are not something the hotel can control.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"average"
FNothing special but a nice, clean hotel. It was close to lite rail and several restaurants.If you looking for a no thrills hotel that is clean this is the place.
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2013
"served its purpose"
Needed a place to sleep for the night. Only hotel with vacancy at a "reasonable" price, but price was expected due to spur of the moment getaway. Service was friendly and check in check out was a breeze.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Very basic hotel, but acceptable"
The hotel is very basic, but clean and quite nice. Breakfast is exceptionally basic continental, without even milk and cereals. If price matters it can be acceptable.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Mirek
"Never go back"
Unfriendly front desk lady who didn't know how to provide customer service and ignore guests coming in because she was focusing/ texting on her cell phone. Continental brkft was just like: really? Coffee, apple and orange juices, and couple pieces of breads? (I just got one). Noisy AC. Very noisy. Unstable wifi.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Came down for comic-con"
We came down to stay here for comic-con. Was a bit pricey for the location and area but everyone jacks up the prices around comic-con. Very close to light rail station which was nice. Caught it and went right to convention center. Facilities we nice but area was a little sketchy. Nice stay
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
roxburyer
"It's small & the "non-smoking" room had a bad odor"
We checked in and within the hour checked out. Horrible. During our few minutes stay in our room we searched for another hotel to stay at.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013