All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
641 Camino Del Rio S, San Diego, CA, 92108, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Good internet service
    Breakfast is average
    Room is not nice
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"family"
clean room,noisy neighbor upstairs,booked king room with sofa received king with bunk beds would of been nice to have the room I paid for.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Donald
"Just ok."
This hotel was just ok. Rooms were a little dark, small, and outdated. Location was convenient for our stay. Easy to get to some main attractions. Pool was not very clean. I don't think I'd stay there again.
4 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
"You can find better."
Disappointed with our stay at this hotel. Got our room late, less then half roll toilet paper, no washcloths provided. Had to call front desk for items first and second day. Pool very small. Rooms didn't look clean. Stained sheets. We do not recommend this hotel!
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Juan
"Small suites in convenient location"
Our room was MUCH smaller than anticipated and within 15 minutes of being there we found a cockroach and ants. I reported it to the front desk and they said they would "make a note of it". The fridge was old and wouldn't stay closed because the seal was falling off. The blankets were too thin and there were not extras. The pool was dirty and the Hot tub jets didnt work. Overall the hotel was disappointing which is sad because the location is GREAT. Close to the mall, lots of restaurants, and quick access to the freeway!
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Great customer service, hotel was clean.
4 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Best Hotel Eva!!!!!!!!!"
Love staying there we stay there every time we drive down to San Diego!!!!
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
Mrs. LISA M
"Good for the price but bfast wasnt good"
good location by hotel circle and had pretty much everything you need for a basic stay but nothing luxurious and the breakfast was served at 6:30 instead of six like every other hotel on the planet and on Saturdays it was at 7! That is stupid doesn't matter what day it is people still need to wake up early eat breakfast and get on the road. they needed hot eggs and better assortment for their large breakfast area
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
mia
"Okay not the greatest"
The bed wasn't very comfortable, but most important the TV channels were awful. The room appeared to be clean on the surface but a close examination revealed that it wasn't very clean but tidy
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
"Not that clean."
The staff was nice. We had cockroaches in our room. We told the staff at the front desk, they said they would take care of it when we were out. The next morning we saw a few more. I realize they are not the easiest pests to get rid of but I do not expect to see them in my room. Unfortunately, the hotel is in a convenient location, but until it is cleaned up people will not return.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Pat
The only thing that disappointed me is that they didn't have my room ready on time had to wait 2 hrs and I was late to my event
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
mariana
"Recommend staying somewhere else"
No shower curtain, bugs in room, mattress was old and worn
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
Guest service at Front Desk was fantastic especially Brandon. Houskeeping was horrific, skipping daily service, critical items not replenished. Would not stay here again. Breakfast was typical of limited service hotel but attendant was rude, many times pushing in front of guests to replenish items without excusing herself. Not recommending
5 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Surprised enjoyed our stay
3 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
Raquel
"OK & Convenient"
Older facility in desperate need of updating. Beds weren't as comfortable as other La Quinta's I have been to.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"I would recommend this hotel :)"
The only thing that I dint like was the parking other then that I would recommend this hotel :)
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"great weekend get away"
Wehadagreattime.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Ericka
"nice"
our needs were met very happy with everthing
3 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
RUDOLPH
"Good Location"
The rooms were nicely furnished. There is a bit of shabbiness to the elevator and the area around the breakfast room. My only complaint was a smell that came out of the air conditioners. It was in our room and it was permeating the hall as we walked down the corridor.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Alicia
"Moldy bathroom"
Room was moldy and shower leaked. View was feet from a freeway and jeep mechanic and car dealership. Staff was nice when we left after 1 night.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
kelly
"Ok hotel for the price.."
Not very clean but overall a good stay... a lot of barking dogs in the morning... And breakfast is just waffles ... And paying for parking seems weird to me .. I never had to pay for parking in other hotels i stayed in but maybe here in san diego is different ... San francisco .. Anaheim.. Las vegas... Just to name a few ..
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
amy
"Wouldn't recommend......."
Although it was nice having the comfort of a family suite. I had to fight for my room upon arrival. I already had booked my room over a month and a half earlier and had requested a late check it, at check-in I was notified they have been over booked for months prior and had gave my room away (which I had paid over $700 for). Myself and children had been looking very forward to this room. Once I had told the gentleman this was completely unacceptable, our room was suddenly available. Not to mention the HUGE SPIDER that was found in our room during our stay. Even though I paid over $700 for our room I was also charged an additional fee of $30 once I arrived for "incidentals/parking" which I was told was already paid for during booking. Location and free breakfast are the only things this hotel had going for them self. Not to mention only one ice machine and one elevator at the corner enough of the hotel. I LOVE SAN DIEGO BUT WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.Wish I would have read reviews before, would not recommend.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Katherine
"Decent for the price..."
This hotel was nice for the price. It was about 15 minutes from the beach and Sea World. The breakfast room was always crowded and the food was ok.
5 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"Small Rooms"
The hotel room was very cramped for 4 people. Breakfast was quite good and there was plenty of space for eating, both inside and at outdoor tables.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Laurel
"wont stay here again"
The place is run down. Bathroom door wouldn't shut, exterior door had 2 inch gap on one end- crooked installation. Shower curtain was discolored. Looked like mold growing on tops of floor tiles on wall around bathroom floor. Room is very small.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Good hotel"
Had ants in the bathroom. Didn't have a fridge when we checked in. When we needed one I asked and they came right up. Sheets were not that soft but this is a 2.5 star hotel. I'd stay here again unless I wanted to spend some more money and stay somewhere even nicer.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"weekend stay"
Our stay was fine. The Breakfast area was very hectic not much room to move around as the hotel was very busy. There was only one washer working and a line to use that as well. Our drain in the bathroom was slow.
3 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
angela
"Stay with Pups."
We stayed one night with our pups and everything was just fine. They had a nice pet area.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
darrell
"would stay agin"
very convent to old town, sea world, zoo. Clean rooms beds comfortable, swimming pool small. Breakfast area very crowded. Preakfast just ok
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Jeanne
"Will not return"
Booked for four nights while acclimating our son to SDSU where he will study the next few years. Checked out after the first night for a few reasons. For the price (well over $100 p/night), this LaQuinta was dirty in the sense that my room smelled musty, the room was overly small for three adults and bugs/dirt/grime in the outside staircase and stairwell. Our beds were uncomfortable and the bathroom was teeny-tiny. The location is very good and the staff is overly friendly. I felt badly for the staff in the sense that they work in a facility that is not up to par. This LaQuinta also charges $10 per night to park which is unwarranted given the condition of the facility.
3 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Good for family weekend fun"
Stayed in a 'family' suite with king and bunk beds for 3 nights. Room was very clean and fridge was a bonus. Breakfast was fine for a free breakfast. Would stay here again. My only negative is on the parking - there was enough but only for small cars. The spaces are tiny. My Jeep was a very snug fit.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Brenna
It was okay. I guess for the price it was fine. There was no air conditioning in the breakfast room. A/C in room was loud. I would probably not stay there again.
4 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Lynne
"Just okay.. But will not be returning..."
Price was good.. Close to the zoo, which of where we went... Room cleanliness was fair... There was hair in the toilet and in the sink... The walks are thin and there was a family next door who was loud... The worst part is the "crib" I reserved for my baby that was actually an abused, play pen... I needed to cover the bottom with a blanket you feel okay with lying my baby down in it.. I'm sure they don't clean it... Parking is $10 per night... What hotel charges to park?!? I would not recommend and will not be returning... There's a Hilton next door
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
"It was good!"
I have stayed at La Quinta before. It was very comfortable and clean. I would definitely recommend it and stay again.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
joy
Our room was not cleaned during our 2 night stay. Ran out of toilet paper so I called front desk. Person at front desk said there was no crew working and we would have to go downstairs and get our own toilet paper. So not impressed!
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
By the pool and it was loud. Late night drinking and peoppe outside playing cards and things.Have stayed here before and loved it.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Mykala
"It could have been better.."
Hated paying for parking. It did not seem necessary outside the building. Also, expensive compared to other LaQuinta's we have stayed at with similar accommodations. One final complaint, when you are attending to me receptionist, stay focused. Make me feel important. It bugs me when you're doing three things while working with me.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2015
Philip
Very nice facility, comfortable beds and good breakfast.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Not what I expected"
I don't usually write reviews but couldn't resist this time. We stayed here before in a king suite room and it was decent for the money we paid. However this time around we paid double the rate (season I guess) and stayed in a 2 queen standard room and it was far from our expectations. The room (125) was outdated, bathroom was smelly and unsanitary. The mattresses were old, loud and uncomfortable. The room was dark and almost depressing. Luckily we only stayed one night but I think it was definitely the last time we got a room here. Too sad because we enjoyed several La Quinta locations before including this one and were happy with our stay. It is hard to believe that there are still hotel chains like these that have such variety in rooms available. It's almost like a crap shoot.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Ken
Nice
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
juan
There was old coffee & grounds in the coffee maker. The people above us were VERY loud at 2am.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Not a place I would stay again. Bugs in the room. The hot tub was not hot at all. Rooms are not that clean
4 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Erica
"Okay place for the price."
Good for a night or two but not a long stay. Location is excellent for getting around SD but the facility is multistory and industrial.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
TJ
The service was excellent. Fast and friendly. The room was clean but whoever did the decorating had no clue as to what would be appropriate for flooring. It felt like a log cabin with dirt floors.
2 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
E Susan
"nice room but no hot tub"
The main complaint about La Quinta is in regards to the hot tub...it was not working during our stay. The pool was also not useable during this time due to other guests who decided to have a bbq cookout at the pool to include blaring music and alcohol...all of which the hotel did nothing about. The washing machine was also out of commission for a day. The housekeeping staff work extra hard to keep up with demands and are very helpful.
6 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
pete
"Hotel was in a centralized location."
Hotel accommodations were great. Rooms clean. Breakfast was good and not bad. Hotel staff courteous. Hotel was close to everything; Sea World, Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Centralized to malls, restaurants, and Old Town. Will stay here again. And it's family friendly.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Adriana
"Short Family Trip"
We did a short family trip. It was perfect for a couple of nights stay. My kids loved the bunk beds and cute themed room. Beds were comfortable and clean. Hotel staff was very pleasant. Parking lot was small but we always found a space. Breakfast area was WAY too small.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
The staff was awesome. The room location was not. We was close to the pool and a lot of people taught it was their party zone! They were up way into the night. Couldn't even swim in the pool! Will not be going back!
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Good place to stay"
Great staff and the room was nice. Overall it was a good stay. It is a little drive away from downtown.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Christina
"Clean & Comfortable"
We were there for one night. It suited our needs.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Well run hotel that needs a face lift"
the location was adequate for our needs. the staff was great. breakfast was not as good as we've had at other la quinta locations. a step was broken on the ladder of the bunk bed in our room. the pool was sad.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015