All hotels in Greenville, North Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here301 Greenville Blvd Se, Us 264, 40 Miles Off I-95, Greenville, NC, 27858, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.9
    2.2
    2.1
"NEVER AGAIN"
BAD UGLY DAMPY SMELL IN ROOM. SHOWER/BATHTUN WAS CAVED IN FEELING LIKE YOU WHERE GOING TO FALL THRU. NO WATER PRESSURE AT ALL. NO COFFEE IN ROOM.
2 night trip May 7, 2015
"Horrible rooms"
It was horrible ! I went through 3 rooms and each room was even worse than the first will NOT stay there again !
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"WORST ROOM EVER"
Def one of my worst stays in a hotel!!!! The rooms are dirty, the beds are not pillow top like the page says. The walls are DARK purple. Very depressing room!!!!! NEVER AGAIN
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
peggy
"2 nights, 2 rooms, 2 different experiences"
I stayed 2 nights, the second unexpectedly as my business took much longer than anticipated. The first night I got a wonderful room with a couch, 2 dressers, a desk, microwave and fridge and I was pleasantly surprised after reading all the reviews about this hotel. The second night I came to understand the reviews as I got one of those rooms most of the reviews talk about. Fortunately I had roach spray with me. The shower curtain had mold on the bottom, the bathroom was not very clean. There was 1 dresser, no clock, no microwave, no couch, etc. It was like I was staying in a totally different hotel.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
Rhandie
"COMFORTABLE BUT NOT CLEAN"
The room was generally clean. When I pulled back the cover to get into the bed at about 11PM, the sheets were dirty. It was obvious that they had not been washed. There seemed to be oil or grease on the sheet. I slept on top of the covers.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Pamela
"Great service !"
Arrived a little early and was meet by the receptionist which informed me check in was at 3:00 , i advised her i had just drove from Florida and was exhausted, at which time she began to find and then arrange for an eay check in which i greatly appreciated.Rooms were nice ,wi fi was super .I believe Sherry was her name and she is truly an asset to the motel, and if in the area , i would stay there again ..
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
steve
Staff was great! Our room's ac never really blew hot air. We were a bit warm. Nice updates to the hotel. We love to stay here during the ECU PIRATE football season!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
walker
"cheap is cheap"
Worn out, deadbolt did not work properly, security latch dangling by one screw. $20 cheaper than anything else in the area and that's what you get.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"DIRTY PLACE"
Hair on sheets, trash under bed, dirty feet from walking on carpet. Large family living in room next to me leaves the door open and the odor was awful coming from room. AVOID!!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"No...just no."
For the cost, it couldve been slightly better. I know its cheap but could we at least make sure the previous tenant's pub** hair isn't on the wash cloths? There's more but whatever, it was cheap.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Devon
"Newly Renovated, Nice Area"
We booked several rooms for a wedding party.....all rooms were recently remodeled with flat screens, however, none of us had pillow top mattresses. One family member booked a double room and none were available so she was upgraded to a suite at no extra cost. Only the suites have fridge and microwave. Staff was friendly nd catered to all our needs. Great experience overall.
3 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Parker Wedding
"Just a place to sleep"
We only needed a place for one night, and it served its purpose. The place was decent, but nothing fancy. If you want a cheap hotel for a night or 2 then this is the place. It's located near most of the shopping centers, so it's very convenient.
1 night trip May 11, 2014
Our first impression on checking in was ok. The staff was nice. Our room was terrible. there was a musty smoky odor in a non smoking room, receptacle covers were missing, paint was peeling and was sloppily applied and very out of date, Bathtub was either very dirty or very stained and we never had our bed made on the 3rd night's stay. I"m very surprised this hotel passes inspection. considering we paid over $100 night, conditions were deplorable
3 night trip May 8, 2014
the fogs
"Not what we expected"
First they tried to give us a room without any of the amenities for the room that I booked. There was no fridge or microwave. We waited an hour for them to clean another room that did have a fridge and microwave but it was very basic. The remote for the TV would not work, it had a reset button the back that we pushed and got it to come on and then found the buttons on the bottom of the TV to change channels, of course standing in front of the set to do this. We booked two nights thru Expedia, but they forgot to program the key for two and when we came back to the hotel we could not get into our room until every detail was checked and re-checked about our booking. Housekeeping did come and take the wet towels the next morning but didn't give us any more. We went to the office to ask for clean towels and they told us that they didn't have any yet that they were being washed and they would bring some as soon as they were done. Three hours later, they still didn't have any for us. It was after supper at about 8:30 before we got the clean towels. The neighbors were very noisy during the night but seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Bus driver
"Avoid if you can"
I didn't expect much from this kind of hotel. But it was terrible. Cigarette burn holes in sheets. Hairs on towels. Mold on the shower floor. Broken lights int the bathroom that they wouldn't replace. Big hole in the ceiling. The location was the only upside to that stay.
4 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
"Terrible experience!"
Pillows were lumpy, linens were stained, door locks were broken, had to change room 3 times, had to report kids running around and screaming at 10-11PM at night. I did not feel safe at all- I was given a key to a already occupied room and was told they weren't in the system, so I feared that someone could be given my key and enter my room and why were customers in rooms that weren't paid, I want a free room too, it's only fair! Also, Expedia's prices were higher than if I booked it that day, according to the staff. I will never deal with Expedia over this nor ever go to another Rodeway!
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
Monica
"Very basic"
Motel is old but appeared to be clean. Very basic but acceptable. We knew we were only going to be there for a few hours and sleeping for most of them, so this place was ok.
M
"Cheap and clean"
Place looked clean, reeked like smoke though. Rowdy and parking gets full on the weekends.
Kelli
"Cheap and clean"
Kelli
"Very good location in relation to shopping centers"
Comfortable bed and nice TV. The room itself needs a lot of maintenance.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2013
Johnny
"Nice location, the suite had a nice layout."
Overall it was ok. I waited until the last minute for Homecoming. .. procrastination on my part. This was the only one with a room available. The only main thing I didn't like was the wall socket in the bathroom area did not work at all. I was scared to open the fridge and use the microwave. The flat screen and bedding were nice in my room.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Pamela
"economical place to lay my head"
overall pretty good--all new furniture in room(& lobby) was very nice but some sketchy people seen there
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
"Enjoyable place"
The hotel is clean and well-kept and I loved the pillow top on the bed. This is a very comfortable place to stay in your travels. The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient. I will be staying here again when I'm in the area.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
"Inexpensive hotel in my son's college town."
Clean but bad decor and awful towels. Very basic hotel with no amenities. Nice television.i
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Rachel
"$120 hotel room that shouldn't go for more than $1"
This is not a place you would ever want to stay if you could avoid it Front office staff was nice but they just don't have a decent product to work with
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Cannot recommend"
First night was misarable. We got into town late. We had two rooms. The one room had a horible smell. Combination someone had been smoking (non smoking room), mildew, etc. It got worse as the night went on. Hotel was sold out. Were put in a different room the next night that was better. It is an old hotel. They try to keep it as nice as possible but it is just too old.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Did not feel safe"
Questionable behavior in the parking lot. Furniture beat up. Loud at night. Beds ok and front desk courteous.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
"Sketchy Hotel"
When we pulled up to the hotel, a crime scene investigative vehicle was there along with several law enforcement agents. If we could have gotten another hotel, we would have. Unfortunately, in a small town with a large college and parent's weekend, there was nothing else available in the area. Room was filthy, out dated, furnishings were unclean. Rest room was dirty.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Sydsmom
"Just Erase It From Your Mind!"
Ok, I was stuck. Big holiday weekend (Labor Day), big football weekend (East Carolina against Old Dominion Univeristy), and I waited just a tad too long to book my hotel accommodations. I paid $120 for a hotel room that would normally go for about $40? Bed spread was disgusting, room not cleaned OR well maintained at all. Bathroom door didn't even close. Ashtrays in the "nonsmoking room." Seedy characters in and out of the hotel. NO THANKS. And I have learned my lesson about booking EARLY for football games at East Carolina!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Captain Blue Sky1
"Dont be fooled"
Nothing in the picture is what you get. The tv was a small tube tv from the early 90s no remote it was so small I had to sit on edge of the bed to watch. Was no dining table or chairs so had to eat on bed. Lights didnt work had to use bathroom area light to see. No microwave, coffee pot or mini fridge, not even plastic cups. Truly shocked with the bed being so hard and two flat pillows for a king size bed.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
Alexandra
"Think again"
Facts: Rooms were beat up, the TV was circa 1990, barely enough outlets to charge my phone and computer, the bathroom was not clean, the towels were nothing short of 220 grit sandpaper and I felt lucky to have a bar of soap to use. How this Hotel got a rating of 3 out of 5 is beyond me, should be more like a 1.5 out of 5.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Landman
"Hotel in downtown Greenville."
Was looking for a hotel in downtown Greenville and this place was great. Clean rooms and present staff.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Brock
"not good"
AC did not cool and made noise all night, no microwave, no coffee maker, spiders everywhere. The only plus points are the location and price.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
icy
The lobby smell very badly like urine. The room itself is in need of upgrades. There was a big stain on the carpet. The room had poor quality towels. The location of the hotel was in a good area, near food and shopping.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2013
"Located near my daughter and son-in-law's home."
The room was notably clean and the bedding equally so. Two of the lamps didn't work, but there was sufficient light from other sources to meet my need. I was grateful for the cleanliness and the quiet. Temperature adjustments worked very well. I had the feeling of a motel trying to provide a clean, basic service on a very bare-bones budget, and it successfully provided me with a quiet, restful night.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Ed
"You definitely get what you pay for."
I was not expecting the hotel or room to be fancy since I wasn't paying much for the room, but I did expect a bit more than I got. When I first opened the door to the room, I saw the interior portion of the door handle on the floor. Not a great start. The room was spacious and clean. It looked as if the carpet and flooring in the bathroom had been replaced. The bed looked new as well. The comforter was hideous and looked like a child's comforter from the 1980s (it had drawings of the Motel 6 sign, a city skyline, pickup truck, a bear, cactus, a man fishing, etc). The comforter and the ratty blanket below it had some holes in them. The worst part of my hotel stay though was a clogged sink. I mentioned it to the manager on duty the morning of my second day there, and he said that he would have maintenance take a look at it. When I returned to the room that evening, the sink was still clogged. There is nothing like trying to brush your teeth with water rising in the sink -- gross. The sliding curtains did not cover the entire window, so someone could peek in if they really wanted to do so. The last negative about the room is that the A/C unit barely worked and the grate that is supposed to be on the front of the unit (where the air blows out) was missing. Positives -- the room was pretty clean, the bed was comfortable and the room was spacious.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Very quiet and comfortable.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2013
1 night trip Mar 28, 2015
CARLTON
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
1 night trip Nov 4, 2013
2 night trip May 31, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites

"If you have to sleep..."
03/14/15 Kim B Newport News, Virginia, United States
As they say you get what you pay for. The room was clean. The front desk people are pleasant. They allow dogs Beyond that I was not sad to check out. The bathroom was worn out and poorly lit. There weren't any available convenient electrical outlets to speak of. The clock radio was missing the power cord. And there were no batteries. The microwave was unplugged and the mini fridge froze the dog's food. The CRT television was well beyond its functional prime, everything was blurry and red. When we first arrived at our room the door was left propped open by the cleaning crew (we hope ). I should mention we had free entertainment at about 1:00 a.m. in the form of a loud domestic dispute. So, if you need a cheap place to stay that accepts pets, please look harder you definitely get what you pay for.
"Your room selection makes a BIG difference."
02/01/15 ucantimagine Chicago, Illinois
I stayed at this motel twice, a few months apart., both due to emergent situations. The first time, I got a room on the right side of the building. There was a smashed roach on the mirror frame. Need I say more? I couldn't get moved to a different room because there was a gas leak in the area and locals flooded the motel, selling it out. I generally travel with my own bed linens and definitely made use of them at this motel. The second time I stayed, I booked a non-smoking, handicap room for 6000 Choice Reward points. The other Choice properties required 8000+ points, so I was stuck with this place. (I don't condone booking a handicap room if you don't need it, but there were other handicap rooms available, according the website's availability.) I had a hunch these rooms would be cleaner and I was right! This room hardly seemed to belong to the same property. I was actually comfortable in this room. Oddly, it was a long walk from the parking lot. Not convenient at all for anyone with mobility challenges. Also, although the website said there was walk-in shower, there was actually a tub with a fold-away shower bench mounted to the wall. The first time I was there, the internet did work, although it was not fast enough to stream movies without major buffering. The second time, the internet was not working at all. The guy at the front desk said the internet had been down for about a week but was working in the office and I could come there to use it. Really?? Both rooms had flat-screen TVs, king-sized beds, frig and microwave. The handicap room also had a sofa and chair. Strange thing--when I walked into the handicap room, I found all the drawers from the dresser and nightstand pulled out and set on the floor. The guy at the front desk offered to have someone come put them in in about an hour when whomever handles that arrived. I declined and took care of it myself. I saw no evidence of bugs in this room. So that's about all I have to say about this place. If you have to stay here, definitely set the expectation at check-in that if your room is not acceptable, you will want to be moved. And make sure the Wi-Fi is working if you need this feature.
"Def not worth it"
01/03/15 Peggy M Girdletree, Maryland, United States
I have stayed at multiple Rodeway Inns in the past due to my military background. This by far was my worst experience. The room was dirty, def not what the pic looked like. There was suppose to be pillow top mattresses which I have spent better nights on the dirt floors of camp. The deadbolt didn't work, and there were bugs the next morning in the bathroom when I woke up. Def not a great stay or a place I will go back to. Internet wouldn't connect. I stayed 2 nights and room service was nonexistent. I came back and the bed and everything was the way I left it.
"No Better Place For Price"
09/11/14 Buddy B Durham, North Carolina
Came to town to support NCCU vs ECU and I was very pleased with this hotel, rooms were spacious, clean and the bed was comfortable. Hotel was close to the football field. Front desk clerk recommended several places to eat, B's barbecue was deliscious, plus directions to the football field. Would recommend to everyone and I will be staying again at this hotel whenever I get chance to come back to town.
"Don't stay here"
09/02/14 Jan M Richmond, Virginia, United States
Although the front desk folks were very nice, this place is awful. First room given, bed not made and soap used. Second room nasty bedspread, curtains falling off hooks, baby roaches, caked on pink soap in shore soap dish.
"Horrible"
06/26/14 Heather H Radcliff, Kentucky
I came into town to for a weekend to visit my family. Our first room we stayed in had ants in it. The second room they moved us to the comforters smell like Urine and the room smelled like mildew. I was very very disappointed in my stay there. I would never ever refer anybody to them again nor would I ever bring my family there again. In our second room the bathroom was not even cleaned it head dirt and scuff marks all over the side of the tub and inside the tub I had to physically clean the bathroom in both rooms before I could give my children I bet very unacceptable
"ECU visit great spot"
03/12/14 Kevin B Lowell, Massachusetts
I came to Greenville to visit ecu because I am planning on being a professor there and I came across the roadway inn on the choice hotels group website and overall I had a good time, they made the check in process easy and the staff was very friendly I checked on trying to get opinions on restaurants in the area the staff was very helpful I room was nice and clean especially if you get a suite ...... I've stayed at several econolodges at the past and this was way past satisfying it even had an ihome dock for my iPhone. I also have to visit Havelock next to visit my son in the base.
"Horrible, dangerous, dirty: we left immediately"
02/15/14 SjKal Carlisle, Pennsylvania
We booked this as "Choice" members because we were traveling with our dog and we were not expecting 4 stars but a clean place to sleep on a road trip. It was dirty including the toilet and a sticky bathroom floor. In the 15 minutes it took to check in and the decide to leave we saw all sorts of sketchy things. People coming and going like it was a convenient store, others just sitting in cars and more loitering around. We did not feel our vehicle would be safe in the parking lot. This place is BAD news. I am shocked that Choice Hotels would offer it - we are seriously thinking about dropping the Choice hotels over this horrible experience. As frequent long distance travelers we have stayed in plenty of low cost but decent motels, this was not one of them.
"one night layover"
02/08/14 Daniel M Lenoir, North Carolina, United States
I needed a place to stay for an early meeting within 30 minutes of Greenville. Online reservation was no problem through choice hotels. It is an older facility, but was clean and bug free. I had a good nights sleep and was ready to go the next morning. They have only coffee in the desk area in the morning, but there were several chain eateries within sight from the parking lot.
"Dirty, Dark, and Scary!"
09/15/13 Tchr15
Well, I booked this hotel only because it was the only hotel showing a room available at the time in the date selected. First, let me say that the room pictured on this page looks NOTHING like what you get! No flat screen TV, not well lit, broken lamps, old furniture and darkly painted rooms. The decor and everything about this place spells DRUGS, HOOKERS, LOW RENT and DESPERATE. The price for this room was also jacked up to a price not even close to the quality you would expect at an average price. Thw linens had hair on them, wrinkled sheets, awful towels, and dirty parking lot. We checked in thinking well, how bad can it really be? We went to dinner and came back nearing dark and saw all the unquestionable and savory characters rolling into this eatablisent, hanging out in the balconies drinking, smoking and looking like a place inviting crime to come here. No security, not well lit and just horrible. Sure, renovated from a MOTEL 6? Okay, ugly dark carpet and ugly darkly painted rooms with no fridge, no microwave, one bat of cheap soap, no other toiletries with broken furniture and scratched up furniture, showers and toilets. Rodeway should be ashamed of this and EXPEDIA should not list this place on their website. Do NOT go to this place! We left without getting a refund and found a wonderful place to stay that was clean, safe, well lit and not much more than this dump.