All hotels in Missoula, Montana, United States of America
420 West Broadway, Missoula, MT, 59802, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
    Uncomfortable
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Room is not nice
"Dissatisfied"
I was there for 9 days, I never had housekeeping come to my room. I had to take out my own garbage and I also had kids running game up and down the hallways at 10pm-1am, doors slamming as well all through the night!! I was disappointed in my stay answer I will not go there again!!
9 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
"Bring your own vacuum."
The room was disgusting. The floors were stained and gross. The carpet had not been vacuumed there was an empty beer can under the desk, The sheets were stained and thread-worn, and when we turned down the covers there was a dirty, used hat (and a Patriots hat to make matters worse) made into the bed. We were moved to another room, and the staff were which also had crumbs all over the floor and garbage under the desk, but at this point we figured this is as good as it was going to get.
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
"GOOD PRICE"
IT WAS A COOL ROOM FOR THE PRICE
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2015
Room was already occupied. Staff responsive and quickly found an unoccupied room. Hall carpet filthy. Room condition tired.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
architect
"No! No! No!"
My advice would be to spend the money for another hotel. Checking in 4 people came to the office to say their rooms had not been cleaned. My "King Suite" had been cleaned(?) and I had 1 towel. The bed and pillows were awesome. The staff didn't know how to book me in from an online registration, had to return to office several times. Asked for a towel on the second night (had already paid otherwise would have left), where upon the snarky clerk said that peopled hord towels and they didn't have one to give me. So much for washing my hair! I mentioned that the hotel needs work where upon he told me they were doing just fine! The motel was a wreck, no screen on my window, broken toilet seat, dirty shower. Complaining to the manager he said they were trying to get things fixed and were working their way up. He apologized for the snarky clerk, he said they were trying. That didn't help with my stay. I will let you decide. I know I will not go back to any of Americas Best Value!
2 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Gail
"Acceptable but imperfect"
The room we were originally assigned to smelled of smoke, but the staff quickly and gladly moved us to an acceptable room. If you don't mind some obvious imperfections, i.e., torn off wallpaper in the hallways, this is an acceptable place to stay for a night.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"could have been a lot better"
the room had not been cleaned. there were no towels and the garbage had not been taken out. the walls had the wood that is usually in the middle of the wall taken off and the paint was peeling. they should have at least put signs up saying they were remodeling. there was hair in the sink and on the back of the toilet and toilet paper on the floor. the phone might not have been working either because I ordered a pizza and the phone rang when I was waiting for it, but when I picked up the phone started ringing like I was making a call.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
loretta
"Most run-down hotel I've ever stayed in"
I can't believe this place has received a 3.2 overall rating. That was why I chose it over other low-priced alternatives. It makes me doubt the integrity of the Expedia rating system, as the problems are institutional and infrastructure related, not a matter of someone having a bad day. If it was a matter of staying here or shelling out $25-$50 more for one meeting Motel 6 standards, I would have paid extra, if I'd known. Or driven through the night. On entering the room, my dog started licking the carpet---have never seen this behavior before. Something was left in there she obviously liked, in multiple spots. Wallpaper peeling from the walls in multiple locations. In the morning, went without a shower because there was so much mildew in it. I didn't enter the shower for fear of getting athlete's foot or something similar. "Breakfast" is danish/muffins and coffee, served in the office. The danish was good. Other guests are largely long-term residents rather than fellow travelers.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"BAD REVIEW"
we checked in about 5PM, on 7/15/15, took our things to the room, and thought "not to bad for the price. (about $139.00 for 2 nights). We left to have dinner and returned around 8:30 PM. When we turned on the lights, we were shocked to find that the carpet had not been vaccumed, the beds were not very well made (IF AT ALL), and things had not been dusted for several days, or weeks. An easy chair was wedged between a wall and a bed, and was covered with glitter from who knows what. The manager conceded that it needed cleaning, and offered us a free night. After seeing the slim improvement, we agreed. We don't have to have everything 1st class, but we do expect to sleep in a clean bed, and walk on a clean floor. My rating of this motel is a D-. The only saving grace was the free night, but reluctantly! J.A.Morrison
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Misrepresentation"
We booked this hotel not only because of the good rate we received but because there would be a fridge/microwave in the room and a decent breakfast. There was no fridge/microwave in the room, patched holes throughout the wallpaper in the room and the carpet was filthy. The breakfast pictured included cereals, waffles and muffins. They had coffee and mini muffins.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Fref
"Great Beds"
Thick mattresses and down comforters - so comfortable after a long drive. Thank you!
1 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Medical"
It was a nice motel, clean rooms, even an elevator which is a benefit. And a balcony, if only the weather would have been warmer.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Cindy
"good location"
Location was great, staff was very nice, room was outdated. Good stay, terrible price though. Way over priced for the state of room
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2014
"Old and in need of upkeep"
Elevator wasn't working - my 89 year old mom almost fell on the stairs Noise level between rooms was loud Soiled carpet
Other trip May 2, 2014
"questionable tenants"
Hotel is downtown, within walking distance of food. Had a fridge, no in-room coffee, but a gourmet coffee place is next door. Bed was lumpy but better than really stiff beds I'm used to when traveling. Under-hotel parking, no 1st floor, but has an elevator that works, though sporadically. Room was clean and reasonably spacious with a balcony. Main issue: other tenants. Low-income type people with children, bikes on balconies, school bus pick-up for kids in morning. Somewhat noisy in hallways, with "characters" lurking about in parking lot. Can't verify for a fact that hotel is housing homeless people for city of Missoula, but sure looked it to me. No problems to report that way, but normally we stay away from places that do this.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"Adequate!"
For the price it was adequate. Nothing spectacular. Exterior was outdated and rundown but the room was better quality. Bed and shower was good. Those are the most important things I need on the road.
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
"Title"
Have stayed at this hotel in past approx. two dozen times. It seems to have become 'party central' recently, with loud guests in and out of rooms and hanging out in parking lot. Rooms are looking in need of new paint, new carpeting. Coffeemaker in room did not work properly so had to go to reception for fresh coffee. Breakfast offered in past is no longer available. On plus side, staff was very good to deal with. Price is reasonable, and a very good location on river and close to downtown.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Just fine"
Read reviews that it was run down. Not the case. Just older.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"Surprised at the decency of the room."
The parking situation is weird but once in the room the carpet was new , it had the white double sheets bedding and decent linens, the bathroom was updated and clean, and everything was in good repair. I was comfortable letting my baby play on the floor. No continental breakfast but for the price I didn't expect it.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014

"A total pit. Never stay there."
Run down, really creepy. Only saving grace was the pleasant staff at front desk.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
robert
1 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2015
Zemenu

TripAdvisor reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Missoula

"Nothing right"
11/19/15 Larry T
Check in at midnight, go to room, it's a mess. Beds were made but the place was dirty. Fold the sheets back to get in bed, there a bug. Shower the next day, only 1 towel (double bed), had to go get another towel. Location (downtown) is nice but that's about all this place has going for it. Stayed there probably 15 times and it just gets worse each time. This was our last stay there.
"Nightmare!"
09/12/15 daydreamn Annapolis, Md
Room wasn't cleaned, went to desk to get sheets and towels, took shower with flops on, health department should shut it down! Very noisy and just plain disgusting! I believe people live here for a weekly rate.
"Worst hotel ever"
08/28/15 Mason M
Im literally sleeping in my car because my room was disgusting there is puke stains on the floor pee stains hair in the shower beds are gross tvs dont work and it smells like nobody has cleaned it in 10 years and the desk lady is no help at all we are paying $160 a night for a bad disgusting gross hotel i would rather sleep under a bridge if i were you do not stay at this hotel waste of money.😷
"Freezing cold, bare bones motel, very sketchy."
08/10/15 flyermontana Great Neck, New York
I spent a very uncomfortable night here. I arrived late at night and the air conditioner was blasting when I entered the room. I turned it to "heat" but only cold air came out, all night long. The bed had only a bedspread, no blanket. I was FREEZING and tried to warm up the room by turning the shower on but that just made everything damp and clammy. What a miserable night. The front desk clerk was overwhelmed and having trouble with the computer system and there were homeless-looking people just hanging out with their baby and young child in the lobby. Police activity right across the street. What a wreck! Room had no amenities whatsoever. Wifi did not work consistently. Clerk promised to tell cleaning staff I had a slightly late checkout and did not, so they were banging on my door in the morning. I do not recommend staying here!
"what a nightmare!!"
07/23/15 SueandCliff
We are traveling through Missoula on our way home and decided to stop for the night at this hotel. It is absolutely disgusting!! I have stayed in old hotels before that we fun because they were clean and cute. This place is old and looks like it's about to b.s. shut down. It is filthy!! The bed had hair in it, no blanket other than the disgusting spread. Most nasty place I've ever stayed!! Do not come here!!! It seriously needs to be closed down. Missoula is a great town with lots to do, stay at motel 6, it's way better than this!
"Showered In My Socks"
07/19/15 Nanci W Woodinville, Washington, United States
We were on the epic bucket list road trip taking my dad to Mount Rushmore. His budget was anything under $100. We made it to Missoula rather late so we chose Americas Best Value Inn. It was conveniently located in downtown and fairly close to the freeway. The outside looked pretty hardcore with a few cars that looked like they've never moved. The people running the hotel were awesome and nice. Walked into the elevator and smelled that old, musty, rundown smell. The halls were dimly lit and the wall paper borders were all torn off. Got to the room and I wanted to turn around but we didn't have anywhere else to go. The floor was dusty and not vacuumed well. The TV worked and so did the AC. The bed was fairly comfortable with no bedbugs, thank goodness. The bathroom looked OK until I looked at the shower. I think they forgot to clean it...I could be wrong but the leftover soap with the pubic hair attached led me to that conclusion. Needless to say, the socks never came off and yes, I showered in them. Really, I've stayed in worse places over the years but that was before I had a good job. I made dad up his budget for the remainder of the trip...
"Making sense of mixed reviews"
07/12/15 Pia C
We went to the Missoula 1/2 Marathon and this was the only place left online that was not well over $ 200.00! On the road we read all the trip advisor reviews above and had a good laugh, but expected the worst with no alternative. Here are the facts we encountered: we had a bottom line room, there were not even hairdryers or shampoo in the bathroom. Beds had no box springs under the mattresses but plywood boards. No coffee pot. Wifi did not work properly, kept dropping the connection. There is more but it can be summarized: the hotel room was never remodeled in the last 30? years. (They seem to have some better rooms, I had a glimpse of a fridge, hairdryer and flat screen TV in a room across the hall from us.) But the sheets and towels were clean, there were no bedbugs and the AC worked. There was plenty of hot water, and the bathroom, even if not sparkling, still reasonably clean. There were other runners in the building, so it was quiet. Definitely better than camping out in the car before the race! We paid $ 60.00 per night, but price line charged another 30.00 for the two nights we stayed. We were just 5 minutes from the finish line: that proved to be an asset after the race. Finally the staff was very pleasant. It is a very old property, but whoever runs it is trying hard. Definitely not for the faint hearted.
"Dirty and run down"
07/11/15 Melanie B Anaconda, Montana
We stayed there because it was close to the hospital; never again there were so many stains on the carpet I didn't even want to walk on it with shoes on. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were very dingy. We had a non smoking room, but the smell of smoke was so bad when I got home I had to wash everything and soak the hose for my cpap in bleach water to get the smell out. No coffee pot in the room as stated in the ad. The staff were very friendly and helpful, thank you to them.
"False advertizing"
07/09/15 Ed G
We traveled to Missoula to see a baseball game. Picked this hotel because you can walk to the ballpark. That part was true. On their website which the clerk confirmed they advertise a pool. She said they never had a pool and have been trying to remove that item from the website. How hard can that be. That's not all. Stains on worn out carpet. Run down hotel that needs to be renovated or torn down. If your room is on the 2nd floor, take the stairs. The elevator should be condemned.
"Clean enough but dumpy. No AC, TV didn't work, no window screen. And no refund!!"
07/07/15 Erika M
Place was reasonably clean I suppose and the employees nice, but the place was pretty dumpy. There was no air conditioning, the TV didn't work, and there were no screens in the windows- not cool when you have a toddler. Which would all be fine if I didn't pay so much for it! I paid over 70 bucks! And why would you not tell your guests that the AC is broken and there's no tv?? I asked for at least a partial refund the next day when I check out but the lady refused to give it to me. She said that since I didn't call with a complain the night before I couldn't get one...? I was exhausted from wrangling my kid all day, and hello! I'm complaining right now! They also are a part of a program that the city runs that puts homeless people up for 50 days, that didn't bother me so much, but if that's something that would bother you maybe go somewhere else