All hotels in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, United States of America
7036 Grand Geneva Wy, Lake Geneva, WI, 53147, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Disappointed."
Stay was Ok. All our friends who booked here after we told them we would be staying here got their rooms as soon as they went to check in, but we had prepaid through hotels.com and the price we paid was a couple of bucks less than theirs, we had wait for our room. Overall the place is really not worth the money. This old building has no elevators, one has to carry the heavy suite-case upstairs or downstairs, aged and partially disabled ones would find it unpleasant to stay here. This place is only for the crazy golfers!
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Shivarama
"The Grandest time with the Grandest people!"
The Grand Geneva is truly Grand and the people who work there are great.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Ok option for Lake Geneva"
This hotel has great amenities (indoor pool, outdoor pool, hot tubs, etc.) and great view of the golf course and lake. Outdoor pool deck is pretty nice, overlooking the lake and plenty of bathing chairs. The one downside is that the hotel seems a bit outdated, carpeting on the floor is pretty old and dingy. The view from my balcony overlooking the lake was blocked by a huge tree right in front and the carpet in the room was stained in multiple spots. Unfortunately I couldn't find any better hotel options in lake Geneva for the price.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
"July 4th"
We loved it. Everything was great except there was no casual dining options.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
"Quick vacation"
It is a really great place and the rooms were okay, a little small, nothing too exceptional. We had an end room so our "private" patio was right next to the walkway. We really enjoyed the chophouse and having restaurants to choose from within the resort. One major disappointment was in regards to the waterpark that is in the description for Grand Geneva. It is not at the resort and there is yet another charge for that. We wanted to just check it out and were told we had to pay 25 dollars each, it was already later in the day and there was no way we wanted to go to the other resort and pay the money for a couple of hours at a waterpark we had not even seen. The outdoor pool was already crowded so we just dealt with that. The resort is beautiful but not always quite worth it. If we had stayed longer and paid more for the waterpark maybe it would have been better.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Loved It"
I was looking for a quick weekend getaway in the Lake Geneva area and I picked this hotel. I was happy with my choice. The staff was great from the second I walked in the door. The room was spacious & clean, the bed was comfortable, and I had a great balcony view of a lake. Even the mirror in the bathroom had a TV in it! This is a true full service resort with everything u could possibly need to not have to leave if u didn't want to. From restaurants, to shops, night clubs, spas, you name it, they got it. They even have live music on a nightly basis. I enjoyed my stay, and I recommend it highly as I would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
We stayed here for Memorial day weekend. The room was nice. Sunday Brunch was very delicious. There was enough to do, even though it was rainy.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Needs a Facelift"
Family stay for Mothers Day Weekend. The hotel has great amenities and a good location but is sorely in need of a facelift. The quality of the accommodations for the price their charging is not quite up to par. We've stayed at the hotel three times in the last two years but cut this visit short. It's not that the hotel is bad, but in relation to the prices their charging, you leave feeling a bit unsatisfied. The Spa, the condition of the rooms, the quality of the food, do not warrant the cost.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks for taking the time to share your review. I am very sorry that your experience was not reflective of past experiences. We are constantly using guest feedback like yours to improve our resort. So thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"weekend to remember"
Very nice we enjoyed our stay. It was very romantic for my husband and I .The staff was very nice and helpful what we veiwed on line about your resort was even breathe taking when we arrive thanks for giving my husband and I memorable weekend we will definitely be back again
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks for sharing the great review. So glad you were able to enjoy a romantic weekend away. We hope to have you back again soon. Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Lakeyshia
"Pleseantly Surprised"
Radom choice, plesently surprised. I knew nothing about this hotel and was very pleased I stayed here. Amazing resort, wish I had time to really enjoy it.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
We’re pleased you enjoyed your first stay with us. We hope to see you back again soon, there is always something new to try! Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
2 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
Theodore
"Grand Geneva"
Our experience at the Grand Geneva was very good. We had stayed at this resort about 5 years ago and found it to be showing its age. It was originally built to be a Playboy club hotel. This recent stay was a surprise and we found the room to be completely modern and new. The grounds are well kept , with a spa , pool, riding stable, ski slopes and golf course. Best of all 3 great restaurants that had excellent food for every taste.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks for coming back after five years. I am so glad you gave us another try since our last renovation. Sounds like you had a chance to experience our restaurants, and I am so glad. We are very proud of the different menus we provide in our restaurants. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. We hope to see back before another five years are up. Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Tony
We went for a quick over night visit on our last night of spring break. Have never stayed at this resort but werepleasntly surprsed! The rooms were clean & comfortable. The pool area was great. Water was warm & there were ping ping tables & bags to play in there. There is a Starbucks in the lobby! And the mirror in the bathroom has a tv inside of it! My kids thought that was so cool! Will definitely be going back!
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am so glad to hear the kids got to enjoy the swimming and the games in the indoor pool area. Sounds like a fun spring last day of Spring Break! Thanks for giving us a try. Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Great hotel - super staff, very nice rooms, good restaurants, beautiful grounds
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks so much for the great review. We hope to see you back sometime soon! Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Will go back!"
Staff was very welcoming--everyone greets you when passing by. Loved the fitness center and open gym. The indoor pool was really crowded---but not unexpected with the cold weather and spring break season. Family enjoyed the Grand Cafe for dinner---something for everyone! Close to 'downtown' Lake Geneva.
2 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"Anniversary Getaway"
What an amazing weekend for our anniversary. We'll be back in June!
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks so much for sharing the Five Star review! Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Henry
Only comments- more for kids to do. Activities were only for adults really. In better weather horses are available plus pool outside. One thought would be to add an evening campfire with s'mores for families.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Nice but ex to spend more then what you plan for.."
The Resort was nice. But all the service fee(s) were just to much for a weekend get away.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks for sharing the feedback in your recent stay. We will double check and make sure the fees are listed everywhere they should be because we surely don't want anyone to be surprised with fees during their stay. Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Sab
"A Great Vacation Stay"
Grand Geneva is one of my favorite places to visit. Whenever we needed a quick get away, or a short stay just to relax, this is where my wife and I go. It is 1 hour and 45 minutes from home. The service has always been impeccable with a friendly atmosphere. Of our many stays, we encountered a small problem with our room after our first night. When we reported it, the hotel moved us to another room and even upgraded our room at no additional cost. There are some great restaurants. We even visited the spa and fitness center during our stay. The best surprise were the updated rooms. The decor was beautiful and modern. And if you like a television in your bathroom, there is one that displays in the oversize mirror. We've enjoyed our trip each stay.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am glad to hear you found the concierge helpful during your stay. I will be sure to share the comments with them. Thanks for making us your quick getaway option! Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
TCU
Great restaurants, fun activities, great staff, modern rooms, clean facility. There was beautiful live music in the lobby.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
almita
"Plenty of options available"
Good experience but not informed at check in of the mandatory resort fee. Fees for everything was tiresome
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Grand Geneva, a little dated, excellent service"
We had a comp upgrade to a suite with a jacuzzi. It was nice . Loud in the halls because their was a snowmobile competition between 10-midnight. Sounded like rowdy teens. I mentioned to staff at check out. My wife got an apology call.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade! Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
George L.
"perfect trip"
Awesome hotel
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
ANDREA
"Christmas Gift Getaway"
We were very comfortable in the room, lobby and restaurants. Trolley transportation was very helpful. On the campus, we went to the ice skating rink, water park and skiing areas. We enjoyed all destination so much! The ski instructors were great for first-timers and after lessons we enjoyed skiing on the beginner hills for hours. This was a gift for my daughter and they are hoping for it every year.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for the comments and compliments! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Best, Tom Mason
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Beautiful!"
Although our visit was very short for a date night, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean, friendly, and close to where we wanted to be. We are definitely looking to stay here after our wedding in August for a mini honeymoon!
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Hector
Great tiem with pleasant staff. Went very smooth with room and reservations set. No hidden costs or changes to reservations.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for this review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a good experience with the staff. Thank you
"Basketball tournament Fun"
Stayed at the hotel while participating in girls 8th grade basketball tourney in Lake Geneva. Received unrequested room upgrade to extremely large and comfortable room. Girls had a blast in pool, arcade and throughout premises
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am so glad the girls were able to enjoy the upgrade and have fun at the resort. Sorry about the interruption to your room, I am looking into that more. Good luck with the rest of the season. Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Great Chicago getaway"
Great place for a family getaway!
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"First time in Lake Geneva"
Came here for a relaxing girls weekend and had a great time. This was our first time in Lake Geneva and it was amazing... The room, food, service, spa & fitness center, everything. Felt right at home!
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
"Great Weekend Getaway!"
The service was great and the staff were so helpful. We took advantage of the spa while we were there and the sauna/steam room and hot tub were nice. The fitness center was a little outdated but there were plenty of machines (weight/cardio). The lobby was also nice to sit and relax, and the beds were very comfortable. The only suggestion I would give is that the resort offer a shuttle service to downtown Lake Geneva. It is only about a 5-10 minute drive and would be nice if there was a way to get to and from without having to drive.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities at the spa. The sauna/steam room/hot tub are definitely great ways to warm up on a cold day. Thanks for the feedback on the shuttle service too. We hope to have you back again soon! Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
Gabriela
"Cozy hotel"
Excellent place to take a small trip great Amenites and overall great
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for staying with us! Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Samuel
"Getaway"
HAD A GREAT RELAXING TIME
So great to here! Thank you for letting us know. Best, Tom Mason
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
FRANK U
This hotel is my favorite in the area. Nice location. Hotel history is interesting. The Chop House is top notch. Just a relaxing place to be.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Pam
I stayed at the Grand Geneva over New Years Eve. The hotel was booked, but it did not feel overcrowded. There was plenty to do, even with the cold weather. The staff was friendly, and the facilities were nice.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve stay and I hope to see you again soon. Best, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Visited immediately after New Year's eve, the resort was packed. Not enough staff to accommodate all the guests. Visited spa, experience was rather rushed.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We will be sure to take your comments into consideration when we are planning for New Year's Eve next year. Best, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Good for long weekends"
We wanted to see the one million christmas lights. We did not have snow which also lessened our experience. Beautiful campus, SPA facilities are OK. Lake Geneva, itself is a very very small town, with very limited attractions. However hotel is a nice getaway. Ideal for resetting yourself. Good price for the value.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for your compliments and comments. I am sorry to hear that the lack of snow lessened your experience, we were pretty bummed too. However I hope you will give us a second chance now that we have snow! Thank you Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Idil
"Perfect Weekend Get-A-Way"
AN amazingly short drive from the city(Chicago). Felt transformed as stress melted away, driving onto the property from the stables, along the winding drive decorated with 12 days of Christmas scenes in lights, to the check-in with free valet parking! Was able to check in BEFORE NOON. Rooms arranged perfectly with others booking different ways and times! Skied and spent day water parking next door at Timber Ridge. Seamless room charging. The SPA was 5 star with connected indoor sport center. Cannot wait to get back!!!
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Excellent place to spend holidays with family"
We had a great time at Grand Geneva. They have everything for family vacation
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for the compliments! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with family! Best, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Summer
"Decent place nice rooms - Exterior needs updating"
good location, amenities are fine. rooms are upgraded and nice. Exterior of building is very outdated. Yucky brown paint and 70's style architecture and design. don't eat at the Chop House Restaurant (or any restaurant) inside the hotel if you can avoid it. There is a viewing window to the Grilling area of the Chop House Restaurant and you can see the cooks handling raw meat with their bare hands, over and over again. It made me sick. If they are going to have a window - at least train the cooks to wear gloves when handling meat, and to change gloves often. this is the 2nd time I've been there and seen the same thing. Apparently the Chef and G.M. (if there is one) has no awareness of this, or approves of it. Grosssss...........
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
lee
"Warm and inviting."
Warm and inviting. We go every year for Christmas, we were disappointed this year in the level of decorations compared to past years.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for your comments and compliments. We tried a new approach to our holiday décor based on comments from last year. I hope you were still able to enjoy some of our Christmas in the Country traditions such as our 22 foot tree in the lobby, our Grand tree in front of the circle drive, the community-made gingerbread houses and our outdoor light displays with the 12 Days of Christmas. We appreciate any and all feedback as we make plans for the future. Best, Tom Mason General Manager
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Joshua
"Close to the ski area"
I liked the room & staff . But I could hear people next door. Not a soundproof wall . I did not know they Allow dogs. I'm a dog lover. But I don't bring them in a hotel. Barks all around my room.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
randel
"great place and cannot forget"
Grand Geneva was awesome resort which has beautiful sightseeing and many attractions.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for the 4 star review! Hopefully we will see you again soon.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
JEONG YONG
"Relaxing lobby with a piano player"
This was a little Christmas treat my sister and I decided to treat ourselves to. We totally enjoyed listening to the wonderful 3 piece Jazz band. They played away into the wee hrs. Our room was clean and the beds oh so comfy. Definitely will be back for another R&R
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for the compliments! I am happy to hear that you and your sister were able to treat yourself this holiday season and we hope to see you again soon. Best, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Dale
"Nice resort Close to town !"
Enjoyed the resort. A little pricey however for items- eg. Drinks/ alcohol prices
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for your compliments and comments. We take all feedback into consideration in order to provide the best experience for our guests. Thank you, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
eja
"Very nice hotel"
My wife and I had a wonderful time the people very nice the food was great and the fire was cozy we will definitely be back the next time we go we will definitely take the bus downtown for some drinks and maybe stay an extra night or two I would highly recommend this hotel to any one that is looking for a good night out with the wife or friends
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Awesome place for the age."
Relaxing out by the fire at the chop house was nice. Great place to stay did not want to leave the next day.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Great as always....spa was relaxing. But at one point as I was trying to relax a group of women came in and were quite loud. I wish one of the staff members that were standing around would have said something!
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"cool"
cool
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
Rydon
"Great family resort."
This was our second time visiting the Grand Geneva. Once again we found it very pleasant. Nearly all staff were friendly and helpful. I recommend taking advantage of the SPA and Fitness center. We had a great time rock wall climbing and playing basketball. We enjoyed playing family games each night in the lounge. The room was very clean. Unfortunately, my daughter was sick during the visit but housekeeping responded quickly and did an extra good cleaning job.The one drawback of the resort is how noisy it is in the halls of the guest rooms. People speak loudly as they walk the halls all day and all night. It was hard to sleep at times.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for taking the time to leave this response. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay ans were able to utilize the Spa and Fitness center. We hope you see you again soon. Best, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Nice resort. Service not the best."
The Grand Geneva is a very nice place to relax within driving distance from Chicago. Nice setting, good accommodations, and good food in general. Some of the staff is friendly, courteous and helpful. Some others are not. We had a couple of issues trying to check in for breakfast and dinner at the Grand Cafe. The hostess at the cafe is completely oblivious to the concept of customer service.
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I am very sorry that the customer service levels were not up to par in our restaurant. I will definitely review this with my team and use this to better improve the experience in the future. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy your getaway from Chicago. Regards, Tom Mason General Manager
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Well Worth the Price of Admission!"
There for business but would absolutely come for pleasure /relaxation! Property is beautiful, amenities are worth the price of admission! Steakhouse was very good, bar/bartenders were adept, helpful and pleasant company. I am a sauna/spa/steam kinda a guy and the one on site is spot-on! if you're in the area stay...if you're not, get there!
Response by Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Thank you for leaving this review and for your glowing compliments! I hope to see you back soon on a relaxation/pleasure trip! Best, Tom Mason General Manager
3 night business trip Nov 1, 2014