All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
949 E Burnside St, Portland, OR, 97214, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient Location on a Budget"
The best thing about Eastside Lodge is its location. We didn't rent a car, but walked or took public transit everywhere. You can walk to downtown Portland from the motel if you like to walk, or take a bus from a stop just behind the motel, or a streetcar a few blocks away. Though our room and bathroom were clean and the beds were comfortable, everything looked old and dated, and I hated the flourescent/CFL lights.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Lydia
"Very clean, freindly and quiet"
Great stay, highly recommend, ess if you are on a budget
3 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Great location. Walking distance to Lloyd center and across from really great little restaurant ( Doug fir). Decent price for a basic hotel/motel. Staff was helpful and friendly. On a major road but didn't hear the noise surprisingly. Good for a one or two night stay in the city.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
tracey
"Right by where I needed to be"
Stop in Portland for a day during a roadtrip, located very close to the bridges and a few nice spots right by it, the buiding can use some new paint but the room was just as I booked it, clean and ready at arrival
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Cristian
"Economical, clean and adequate ."
Older furnishings and no flat-screen TV...but what can you expect for such a reasonable rate in SE Portland. Beds were comfortable (not Motel-6 "concrete hard") and the room was very clean. Great location and helpful staff.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Deb
"Bachelor party place to sleep"
The hotel was okay because we only slept there and it was close to lots of great bars, clubs and restaurants.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
bachelor
"Decent hotel close to alot of stuff"
Checking in was very easy, the staff was pleasant and got us on our way quickly. The room was clean, though clearly a budget place. The bathroom was a bit small and only had a shower. The TV was missing it's power button, which was a little weird, but I was able to turn it on after a bit of jerry rigging. All in all the facility was pretty good considering price. But the people next door to us were up forever. And the thin walls let us know that. I could hear them talking and what they were watching well into the morning, at 2am, my friend had to go over and tell them to shut up. They didn't and I listened to them doing "Whippets" (think huffing paint, but a touch less depressing) all night, and i couldn't really complain cause its not illegal, so I couldn't call the cops, and the staff leave at ten so i couldn't talk to them. I'm guessing because its so cheap these kinds of people go there all the time. So if you can deal with the sketchy people and the price is a big factor in your decision, its alright. But if you get weirded out, by that be warned, and maybe find a place a touch more expensive?
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Ben
"GREAT!"
The staff at this hotel were very friendly! The price was good, the room was clean and quiet. I appreciated how close this was to downtown while not being downtown. Also this hotel is located very near to 5 different breweries that we were able to walk to. Hair of the Dog, Burnside Brewery, Cascade, BaseCamp, Lucky Labrador etc. and many more. This hotel is also central to some great coffee shops and breakfast joints. I would stay here again for sure!
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
Victoria
"eastside lodge"
very positive experience, I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
mike
"Decent hotel near awesome bars /restaurants"
Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The proximity to bars and restaurants makes it a great experience as everything is within walking distance and/or near the bus line. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Don't expect much"
While the hotel was in a very centralized location on the border of SE and SW Portland, it was substandard at best. There was no coffee in the room and the coffee they served in the lobbey was horrible. Be sure to bring your own shampoo/conditioner as they do not provide this in the room. The rooms are clean, but need new paint, tiling, and furniture update. I will not be staying there again.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Close to stuff and well priced."
This is a fine hotel if what you are looking for is a place to put your stuff, rest your weary head, and have a jump off point for your next day's trip. It's a MOTEL in every sense though, so don't expect luxurious trappings like regular sized towels/soap or a tub. there was a fridge and microwave, so that could help to further lower overall costs if on a budget. Close to great restaurants and just across the bridge from downtown, so a + for convenience.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Close to downtown"
It's was nice the hotel staff was very professional and nice.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Within walking distance of sites and transit"
Everything was fine about the hotel. Close to Old Town and the Convention center, as well as the rail and bus lines.
7 night business trip May 17, 2014
"'Lively' neighborhood"
The hotel itself is older, but clean. I stayed here to save money while attending a conference at the convention center. It is an easy 0.5 mile walk to the convention center and fine during the day. However, as a single woman, I was not comfortable walking alone after dark. There are several night clubs in close proximity to the hotel. Although I could not hear them in the room, it meant lots of people milling around after dark. I would not recommend it for a single woman.
4 night business trip May 18, 2014
"Great location right across from union jacks"
Pretty much just slept and took showers there. Perfect for my 4 day visit
Other trip May 3, 2014
Gabe
"Try to be update to date, fair price"
Try to be update to date, fair and average prices.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Really Overrated"
The hotel is relatively close to some good locations. However, the cleanliness of the room was iffy at best. The sink in the bathroom didn't see to work right and it was obvious that the furniture had been tampered with and parts removed. The walls were really thin and we could hear all of the nightclub and bar music while trying to sleep until almost 4 AM. This hotel also is definitely not family-friendly. The service was relatively good, except for one person. I called from my room to get the Wifi password (the Wifi was very slow) and the person was really rude to me because the phone line wasn't clear and it was difficult to understand him. Another thing was their tag line, "Parking is free, but not guaranteed." That's a little dismissive and something they should let customers know before booking because it was impossible to come back from the restaurant we went to on Saturday night because the parking lot was full of people that parked for the night club next door. I will never stay here again. It wasn't even worth the cheap rate we got. Thank goodness it was only two nights. I can't imagine what it would be like if we stayed longer than that.
2 night romance trip Apr 12, 2014
"Value for money"
Very comfortable bed. Dance club nearby noisy on the weekend.
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Stay for the Location"
The reason to stay here is the location which is between downtown and the east Belmont/SE Hawthorne areas. There are some options nearby for food/drinks, including many local breweries, but overall the draw is convenience to many of Portland's neighborhoods. The room was adequate and meets your needs if you don't plan to spend much time there. For cleanliness, there was mold in the shower and some small stains on the sheets/pillows, but for the price it's not too bad. The housekeepers were prompt and everything worked in the hotel, including the TV’s HBO. On weekends the club next door can be heard, but if you're exhausted from your day you’ll sleep through it. We encountered 3 concierges during our stay. Two were helpful checking us in/out, but we were disappointed with the service by the third when seeking very routine travel information. We asked him for recommendations of restaurants that offer take-out or deliver to the hotel and then again for numbers to local cabs. Both times the concierge told us that there was this "new thing in America called the internet" and to "just google it". Obviously, if we could have done that we would have. He eventually provided two options to answer both questions, but not before making us feel stupid for asking for information that a traveler regularly seeks from a concierge. I'd stay here again the location and the price, but I may consider looking into a different hotel if the quality of service is important to your stay.
5 night romance trip Mar 26, 2014
"Clean hotel close to the Convention Center"
Despite its rundown facade, this is a nice, affordable hotel option.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"Friendly staff"
Next to a hoppin club if you are into that scene. We are not but there were several other bars and restaurants. The staff was friendly and the room was as expected for the price. It's perfect if you are just looking for a place to sleep. I'd stay there again.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Basic room....clean and tidy with a very nice staff....great deal for the location.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Ben
"Every time from now on!"
My friend recommended this hotel for our stay. We've stayed at a couple other hotels in Portland but we love this one the most! It is convenient to everything. The staff is amazing, extremely nice and helpful. It's an older hotel but it isn't rundown. It's perfect for a weekend trip or a week's stay. We will be staying here from now on!
5 night trip Feb 18, 2014
Katie
"Perfect for price"
I usually stay at another hotel further away, but came across this gem. I go to see shows in Portland and this was a block away from venue Doug Fir. Management was very kind, rooms comfortable with all amenities except morning coffee. That might have been offered in lobby but I had an early start home. Will definitely stay here again and again.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Clean Hotel Run by Nice People"
This is not a glamorous hotel, but the rooms are nice and clean. The people who run the hotel are friendly and helpful. My room didn’t have a bathtub, only a shower (not a problem for me). And if a hair dryer is important to you, better bring one along. I would definitely stay here again! Thanks Eastside Lodge!
3 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2014
Becky
"Convenient location"
It was a good location, the price was decent, and just what we needed.
1 night romance trip Feb 5, 2014
"Very Good for the Price"
The service was 4 star. It is a older hotel that is clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy, no frills. If you are a serious gadget guru - beware there are limited outlets, and none in the bathroom for hair appliances. I had no problem parking my car, felt safe, clean and comfortable - and that was what I was looking for. It was great to have such service at a good price in a good location.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
"Impressive!"
The hotel is run by a very polite friendly couple. I checked into my room, it was very clean, smelled fresh, no mold or stench or cigarette smell, which is very important to me. My room was actually outfitted with a fridge and a microwave! If you do stay here, bring earplugs. The building is not soundproof.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Christine
"Pleasant Portland Surprise"
Stayed one night to see a show that was close by. Staff was super friendly and we enjoyed the small but decently priced rooms. As an added bonus, Voodoo doughnuts was three blocks away. Will stay again if in the area.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Tamara
"good spot for an overnight stay in Portland"
The hotel lived up the reviews and comments left by previous customers. The hotel had a good location for our purposes. We wanted something close to the Hawthorne District and Downtown. It was cleaner than some other hotels I've experienced in its star class. Its a good place if you're looking for a clean room, but plan to be out most of your visit, because our room was a little small and old feeling. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
Gabby
"Comfortable room in a nice location"
My husband and I needed a room while we visited my daughter over Thanksgiving. Eastside Lodge was close to her apartment. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating. That's all we needed.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
It's a modest well-priced local hotel; close to family so a perfect location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Return to the hotel at least 3 times a year. I recommend it for a no-frills location.
6 night trip Nov 18, 2013
June
"Pleasant Surprise"
It did not look like a lot from the outside, much like Portland itself, but the room itself was very satisfactory. The heat was quick and very toasty-which was welcome considering how chilly it was. And the best part a pair of the most comfortable pillows I've ever slept on in a hotel. Huge body sized and soft and comfy, it was a pleasure at the end of a busy day. The staff were all friendly and helpful.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Good enough"
The hotel's location was right around the corner from where we needed to be. The room was clean, but had a musty smell. The building can certainly use some TLC. The staff was friendly. If you are looking for something fancy, this is not the hotel for you. If you need a simple place to sleep - then go for it.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2013
"Close to Breweries"
Rooms are somewhat small for having 2 Queen beds; makes it a little difficult to navigate around the bed closest to bathroom. Room was clean and the rate was reasonable. Location was great.
2 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Was in town to help my daughter move and this hotel was close to her house. Room was very clean while not very fancy or modern. The location is central and the free parking was appreciated.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"Close to lots of fun things"
Perfect location for us
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2013
"Convenient to Convention Center and Burnside"
We stayed here for a 3 day conference at the Convention Center -- easily walkable, affordable, fine.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"simply clean, comfortable and affordable"
just right
2 night trip Sep 24, 2013
Tom Chase
"Good motel for a great price"
We wanted a hotel in a good location and not break the bank. Now, I am a woman and have a minimum of what I can bear at small cheap hotels. I decided to give it a try and was not disappointed. Yes the decorations are outdated, but who cares. It was spotless, bed was comfy, and no weird smells. The guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The location was great and is about an $8.00 cab ride to downtown. Across the street from Doug Fir and very close to Voodoo Too. Would stay again!
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
"convenient and adequate"
convenient location, reasonable price, not dirty or in disrepair but of the basic quality you'd expect from a traveling type of "lodge" or motor inn
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"ok for the price"
decent, money well spent
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2013
ok
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
"Clean and cheap"
We wanted a cheap, clean hotel room near downtown so could go out clubbing. The room was a little old but clean and had everything we needed. We checked in late but had no problems with that.
1 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2013
"Convenient location and affordable."
This was the most affordable hotel I could find in Portland that had free parking and at a convenient location. You are literally 15 minutes away from anywhere in Portland.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
If you don't want to spend a lot of money, but want a nice clean room, give it a try. This hotel is right across the street from the Jupiter, and half the price. I will stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Would stay there again. Room was clean and quiet. No heavy cleaning chemical smell.
4 night trip Aug 10, 2013
M B Anderson
"great location!"
eastside lodge was convenient to downtown Portland and the east burnside area has shops, coffee, burnside brewery and restaurants.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
pat
"Awesome hotel (motel?) for the price/location."
The reason it deserves 5 stars is the cost, location and that the staff, especially the elderly gentlemen that we dealt with was phenomenal. Explained everything to us regarding bus stations, where to go, most efficient and cost effective way to see Portland. The hotel is centrally located on E burnside and if walking 1 mile over the bridge is too much for you, there are about 5-6 bus stops or trolley stops within 2 blocks of the hotel. Plus restaurants and night life right across the street. The only thing that may bother some people is that the hotel is older, but very clean so no problems there. An added plus is that they allowed us to check in 3 hours early and they held our luggage for 8 hours after checkout while we explored Portland before our flight home for no additional charge.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013