All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
225 Comfort Inn Drive, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

"recommended for a cheap stay"
This hotel is pretty good the only thing is that the bathroom was dirty
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2015
Boris
"No Thanks."
Our room was very dirty, the floor has lots of dirt & dust bunnies. The grossest thing was the bug I had to kill that was crawling on my pillow!!! The area is convient but looks deserered since the restaurant next door us out if business. Will not be staying there again.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Erin
"Great surprise!"
I was just passing through Morgantown and booked Comfort Inn on line based solely on price. The hotel is under renovation, changing to a Quality Inn shortly. The front desk clerk, Kelly, kindly gave me a renovated room on the second floor. It was huge, clean, fresh, quiet, perfect. Next time I am passing through, I will stay there.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2015
"Modest"
We were in town to spend time at West Virginia University.This hotel is funtional but that's about it.Excellent staff and location, too.Reasonably clean.Parking lot and condition of the place really needs improvement but they do the best they can with what they've got to work with.Stayed in nicer for less money but it's a college town so no suprise.Staff stated that a revamp is in progress.Pretty it up and this can be a sweet place.
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
j.p.
"Comfort Inn Dublin"
Stayed 2 nights here May22-24th 2015. Very nice comfortable and clean . Close enough to walk everywhere would definitely stay here again
Response by Quality Inn
So glad you enjoyed your stay with Comfort Inn. Thank you for your very kind comment. Have a great day and see you next time. Beth Pond General Manager Comfort Inn
Other trip May 23, 2015
Gail
"Exactly what we needed"
We were in WV for graduation and this literally one of the last places available. We were pleasantly surprised! Although they were going through renovations, the Inn was clean, quiet and very nice. The room was CLEAN and had all the extras we needed. The free breakfast was very nice, being replenished all the time.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you so much for your supportive comment. Unfortunately our hotel is normally booked last due to people not knowing we are here. Our hotel is a bit hidden. We are so very glad you enjoyed your stay here and will be back in the future. Cleanliness is always a top priority and were glad you noticed. Once again thank you so much for all you very kind comment and hope to see you soon! Thank You, Beth Pond General Manager Morgantown WV
Other trip May 21, 2015
Joan
"WVU Convenient Hotel"
I booked our hotel the fall before my daughter's graduation from WVU in May to ensure we had a great place to stay. We were very disappointed to find the condition of the hotel very different than their website shows. The hotel is under rennovation, the exercise room is not available due to construction and the facility is really run down. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable and it smelled good. It would have been nice to know this when booking or at least soon after booking.
Response by Quality Inn
First I would like to thank you for choosing our property to stay at while in town. I do want to also apologize for it being different then you expected. Yes we are undergoing renovations. Changes are being made so our facility can be the best property it can be for our guests. We strive to please every guest that walks through our doors. On the plus side I'm very happy that your room was up to your standards! We do hope you'll come back to visit us after the renovations have been completed. Thank you once again for your feedback. Sincerely, Beth Pond General Manager Comfort Inn Morgantown WV
Other trip May 18, 2015
"Comfortable motel on hill"
We had king size bed even though I had requested two queens . Full trash outside as we walked in was undesirable . Staff in Lobby not very welcoming . Seemed indifferent.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Jane- I do apologize that you were not given the correct room type when you stayed with us, and that the staff seemed indifferent. We do have new staff members that are still in training, and I have addressed these issues with them. I have also spoken to the maintenance department concerning the trash outside. We are a work in progress, and do hope that you will come back and give us another opportunity to show you that we do care. Thank You Beth Pond General Manager Comfort Inn Morgantown WV
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
jane
"The place we needed for the night."
A decent place to stay, fairly comfortable, clean enough (although the tub looked like it could have used another go), but in need of some updating. Staff was friendly and breakfast good. The cost for a night was a little high for the facility.
Response by Quality Inn
Jane- Thank you for taking the time to respond to the guest survey. It is important that we know what our guest think, so we can improve on all levels. In May we will start renovations here, and the hotel get get the update it needs. I hope you will be able to come back and check out the updates when renovations are completed. Thank you again for responding to the guest survey. Beth Pond General Manager Comfort Inn Morgantown WV
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Jane
"Recent Stay"
Stayed there on 1-23-15 while attending a motorcycle meeting for our state. Staff was very friendly upon arrival , room was very comfortable , would stay again , highly recommendable .
Response by Quality Inn
We're glad your stay was to your satisfaction. Please stop by and visit us again. Thank you for your positive comment.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Kenneth
"Nice Hotel very clean for the price"
About 10 minutes from West Virginia University. Hotel overall was very clean. Room was clean and comfortable. Stayed at an Econolodge on another trip, price was a little cheaper but I will definitely stay at the Comfort Inn from now on.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"The staff made the difference."
The staff at the hotel was great. The breakfast also. We enjoyed the thoughts of newspapers on each table. Also, there was a small store for incidentals. The rooms were clean but needed maintenance. A tile missing in the baseboard of the bathroom, and the phone message light would not go out.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
1 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Hotel is very old and needs renovation. Staff very nice!
Response by Quality Inn
We have great staff here. They genuinely love our guests. New renovations coming soon. Stop by and take a gander at our new look!
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"great inexpensive clean rooms"
Clean rooms perfect for our quick stay to check out WVU for my senior daughter
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for you positive feedback. Glad we could provide you with a high quality stay. Come back and visit us soon!
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2014
sherry
"Good for Overnight"
Property is dated. Needs upgrades, especially an elevator to access Floor 2. Room was clean but furnishings also need to be upgraded. Excellent customer service makes up for the condition of the property. Priced right.
Response by Quality Inn
We greatly appreciate your feedback. Our staff is excellant! They enjoy what they do and serving our guests. Hotel is going to be undergoing renovations soon. GIve us another visit soon and take a look!
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Very satisfied"
Needed a room for the night at the midpoint of our trip from family to home. Definitely fit the bill and was a nice place to stay while also being reasonably priced.
Response by Quality Inn
Super glad we could be of service to you and your family. We aim for satisfaction! Glad we were your midpoint! Hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2014
"Very good!"
People were friendly, the room was quiet, everything worked, and that is all we really needed! The entrance road needs a bit of work, but not a show stopper. The facilities are obviously old, but well kept. Overall a good place to stop over.
Response by Quality Inn
We're glad you enjoyed your stay. We want guests to leave with a smile on their face, We hope you visit again.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
Felipe
"Staff were very nice."
Beds were comfy. No elevator to 2nd floor though.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Heather, I am pleased that you found our staff to be nice, we strive to make all of our guests feel welcome. Unfortunately we do not have elevators but should you be in the area and plan to stay with us again. I would suggest you request a 1st floor room and we will do our best to make that accommodation for you. I hope you have a wonderful fall season. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"A stones throw from the Ohio River, Portdmouth. OH"
The train crossing near by was a small disruption but for the price a very pleasant stay.
Response by Quality Inn
We do apologize for the noise near by. Our prices are competitive! So glad you enjoyed your stay. See you soon.
1 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2014
Hector
"Obe night visit"
Spent one night. Surprised to see second floor guests had no access to elevator. Also, could not experience your 'free' breakfast as it closed at 9 am. Felt that that as extremely early considering your check out time was 12 noon. You should really fix your AC for lobby area and hallways for the sake of your employees:
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Sue, Thank you for your comments, we use all comments good and bad to help us grow. Yes unfortunately we do not have elevators, because when this hotel was built they were not required for two story buildings. We will always be glad to assist guests with their luggage should they need it. We also close our breakfast at 9am, Mon - Fri, because most of our guests are have left for business before then. But we will always open it up for later guests to grab a yogurt, fruit, danish or fruit if they ask. The lobby A/C is in the process of being fixed, we are just awaiting for our outside contractor to come back to take care of the issue. Thank you for caring about the employees welfare. I hope that should you need accommodations in the area again, you will choose to stay with us again. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Sue
"Ok place to spend a night"
We were in town to take our son to college. We were looking for a place to spend a night at a low price. The price was good the hotel was ok. The room was of good size and beds were comfortable the staff was nice and efficient. Renovations were evident in our room but the quality of the work was poor . I would stay here again but would not be my first choice next time
Response by Quality Inn
Dear College Mom, Thank you for your comments, we used all comments to help us make improvements or see where we are doing a good job. I am not sure which room you stayed in, but it may have been one that had some minor work done to keep it sellable. We will be undergoing renovations to all of our rooms in the late fall, so I hope that when you come back next year, you will stay with us again and let us know if you think we did a good job on them. Until then, please enjoy the rest of your summer. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
college mom
"The hotel room was fine. Service was poor."
We were very short of toilet paper and when we approached the front desk we were told they did not have any because the shipment had not arrived today. The young man at the front desk said the assistant manager was "hoping" it will arrive the next day. Other guests reported the same issue. No one bothered to go out and buy some until the shipment arrived (very simple solution).
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Scott, I do apologize for the shortage of toilet paper we experienced during your stay. As you stated, we could have gone out to purchase just enough to get us through until our shipment arrived. I will make certain to find out why that did not happen and make sure we correct it for future guests. Once again please accept my deepest apologizes. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Needs improvement"
Rooms musty n need updating
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Guest, I am sorry that you felt the room had a musty smell, I would love to investigate but you did not mention the room number. We do understand that we need updated, so we are going to be undergoing renovations in the late fall and early winter. I would like to invite you back next spring or summer to let us know what you think of the changes. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
The exercise room was dismal and no whirlpool, but the outside pool was great! Breakfast good. Staff very friendly. Outside walk area was pretty treacherous in places (my granddaughter cut the back of her heel). Concrete repair needs to be completed. Overall, a good experience.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you kindly for your feedback. We apologize that you had some issues. We will be doing renovations soon and hopefully youll stop by and give us another look !!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"No elevator to 2nd floor; No A/C in lobby or halls"
Compared to the many other hotels.com properties we have stayed in, this is one of the worst. If you need or want an elevator in case you are assigned to a 2nd floor room (as we were), DON'T stay here - there is none. The check-in clerk was quick to also tell us that she had no 1st floor rooms available. No apology, just the facts. The Lobby had no A/C, and neither did the stairwells or hallways. Luckily our sleeping room did have A/C. Breakfast was lacking fresh fruit. Given the attitude of the staff and the overall hotel facility, we probably wont go back.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Guest, I am deeply sorry for the experience you had when staying at our hotel. We did have some mechanical issues with the lobby AC and are awaiting parts to have it repaired. As for the lack of an elevator, yes our front desk agent should have been apologetic. Because of the age of the building, we are not required to have one and unfortunately, the first floor fills up quickly because of this. I would always suggest that at the time of reservation, to request a first floor room so we can do our best to accommodate it. We do have fresh fruit available for our breakfast, but we also have a new breakfast attendant, so I will make sure that she is away to stay on top of this. Thank you for your comments, they will be used to help us grow. I do apologize again that we did not please you during your stay and left with a bad opinion. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Disappointing"
Our room was not ready at 4pm despite 3 pm check in time. Hotel clerk went to check on rooms while we waited. Ist not ready and told 2nd was "almost done." Problem was we had a wedding to attend in town at 5pm! Had to tell the cleaning person (who was very nice) to just leave as we needed to get ready-even tho she wasn't done the floors yet (bathroom and rug). Had a hard time finding parking spot at night because lot is filled with huge trucks. This hotel seemed a step or even two below other Comfort Inns we have stayed at.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Guest, I do apologize for your room not being ready for check in on time. We have had some new staff come in and this can be a problem. I will make sure we get this addressed with the staff immediately. I saw you said we were a step or two below other Comfort Inn. If you meant that we are in need of renovations? You will be glad to hear we will be doing that in the late fall and early winter to take care of that area. Once again, I do apologize for having to wait for your room to be ready. I hope that you will let us make it up to you in the future. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Dee
"Do not stay in this hotel....!"
The air conditioner made thumping noises all night, the refrigerator was dripping water, the alarm clocks were set and went off in the middle of the night. It was a horrendous night sleep and the bathroom was dirty to top it off!
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Guest, I am sorry for the problems you incurred during you stay with us. We strive to make sure all guests receive an enjoyable stay here and we failed you. I have looked into the issues of the refrigerator and the air conditioner and they have been fixed. As for the alarm clock and room cleanliness, I have taken that up with me housekeeping staff to be more on top of those things. Once again I apologize for the issues you had at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to make it right for you. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Good experience"
I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel considering the price. Each bed had 4 pillows: 2 soft and 2 hard. For this price range I wouldn't have been surprised to find 2 mediocre pillows per bed. The beds were comfortable. The room was clean. The free breakfast was your typical continental breakfast. This hotel is conveniently located right off of I-68. This appears to be an older building and there is a slight smell of old cigarette smoke. Smoking is not allowed now but at one time it apparently was. A lot of people probably wouldn't notice the smell and it was more prominent in the end hallway than in the room. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in the area.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Angela, Thank you for the nice comments. We strive to make each stay as nice and comfortable for all of our guests. If you think you like our hotels now, just wait unitl this time next year. We are going to be renovating our hotel in the late fall and early winter. So please stop back and let us know what you think of the changes. New product, but the same warm and friendly service. I hope you have an enjoyable summer. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Angela
"Adequate"
Good location right off freeway. Spartan room. That's about all I can say. It was good for us because we had a long drive and just wanted to crawl into bed.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated. Our rooms are a bit outdated we know that for sure. So you will be glad to hear that we will be doing room renovations in the lat fall and early winter to take care of that. I do hope that if you are in the Morgantown area this time next year. You will return and give us another review on what you think about the changes. I hope you have an enjoyable summer. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Carok
"Disappointing is the Word"
The rooms were too small. I was expecting a more spacious hotel. The Double beds were cramped in a small room. The bathrooms were also not too good. Stay away from the Free Morning breakfast. I would think rather stay somewhere else next time. The price we paid was $113 (including taxes) for one night. It is Morgan Town not New York City...
Response by Quality Inn
We do apologize for the experience that you had. Within the next few months we will be starting renovations. We aim to please. PLease stop by and give us another shot. Have a great day!
Other trip May 29, 2014
Nice hotel, rooms and lobby clean, staff very pleasant and friendly, great continental breakfast, would stay there again with no hesitation
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for you kind comments, we strive on a daily basis to make each and every guests feel as welcome as you did. We hope that the next time you are in the Morgantown area, you will stay with us. I'm not sure if you are aware, but we will be doing renovations to our rooms and lobby. So next spring you will have a nice new room to stay in. I hope you have a wonderful summer. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
1 night trip May 19, 2014
"Needs a serious refresh"
Rooms- beds were very comfortable. Carpet was very dirty and always seemed to have a moist feeling. Did not walk around without socks. Shower did not drain properly. Toilet continued to run unless you went back in and lifted the handle back up. Advertisements in the room were outdated. I called to order a pizza from the sign in the room and was told they don't deliver there. Gym equipment very outdated. Seat on bike was very unstable. Treadmill was creaking and the air vent was directly above the treadmill causing my eyes to water from the blasting cold air the entire time. spa was shut down for updates. WiFi was hit or miss. Worked for a little bit then was given an error message.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Valued Guest, I would like to thank you for the comments and apologize for not giving you the stay you deserved. We strive to give all of our guests a clean and comfortable stay and we failed you in that. A lot of things here at the and we need to make some changes. I am happy to inform you that we will be doing renovations in the late fall and early winter to fix all of the issues you mentioned. I hope that once they are completed in the spring, you will give us the opportunity to provide the stay you should have had the first time . I would like to apologize once again for the problems you incurred. I hope we will see you again in the future. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip May 14, 2014
"Older property - super friendly staff"
Older, non-modernized property, however very clean. Friendly and courteous staff with Southern Charm however this location was further away from WVU than we expected. This hotel is on a smaller WV highway truckers use frequently, making this location a prime stop for them. Tolerable for one night, but I wouldn't book this location for more than that.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Sue M. Thank you for your comments, we highly appreciate them. Yes we are an oldere property that we strive to keep clean and offer friendly service daily. Knowing that we do have some Southern Charm as you said, we do our best to maintain what we have. You'll be glad to hear that we have renovations planned in the late fall and early winter to make this hotel have a more modern Southern Feel. I hope that you will come back in the spring and let us know what you think. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
1 night trip May 1, 2014
Sue M. mother of WVU student
"Good stay"
Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. It's hard to find hotels that are pet friendly and this hotel was great. Would stay again.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your kind comments, we are very happy that we were able to make you stay a pleasant one. We take all comments good and bad as a learning experience to help us grow. We look forward to you next visit with us. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Pleasant Experience"
Will stay here again. Exceptional, friendly staff. Free coffee available day or night. Good Wi-Fi connection.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Ellie, Thank you for your comments, we do stive to provide a warm and friendly experience to each and every guest. We will be doing renovations in the late fall or early winter, so that the next time you stay. You will have a brand new room to enjoy another exceptional stay. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Ellie
"Quiet and comfortable"
Room was quiet and comfortable. Staff was friendly and courteous.
Response by Quality Inn
So glad we met your needs. Come back and visit soon! We have a fresh look coming soon.
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
Cal
Had problem with the shower. Made a lot of noise and no hot water in morning. Other than that everything was very nice.
Response by Quality Inn
We do apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We would have been more than happy to move your room. Please during your next stay let us know if any problems arise. We truly aim to please. Renovations coming soon!
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Sandra bell
"nice and clean. good breakfast"
Hot Tub No longer Works!! That Was Upsetting But The Staff Upgraded My Room for the inconvenience.
Response by Quality Inn
Glad we could assist you and resolve the situation. Come back for a visit and the opportunity to put another smile on your face!
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
Tone
"Ok not good"
Room smelled like hair. Lights flickered. Fan loud
Response by Quality Inn
I would like to apologize for the issues you found in your room during your stay at our hotel. A loud fan and flickering lights can be a headache and is not to be expected. I do know that we have had some issues with those and are trying to correct the problem. The renovations we have planned this fall should help greatly. As for the hair smell, I would love to investigate that further, but would need your room numbet to look into the matter. I will instruct the housekeeping staff to be more vigilant when it comes to any smells in a room. Once again, I do apologize on behalf of myself and the staff. We hope that we have another opportunity to accommodate you in the future, so we can give you the stay you truly deserved. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
"Good stay"
Desk staff was very nice. Breakfast was good. Bathroom in room could have been cleaner.
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your comments. We do our best each day to make sure that every guests leaves our hotel happy. I am pleased that you found our staff to be nice and the breakfast was up to your standards, but I do apologize for the fact your bathroom could have been cleaner. I will make sure that our staff sees these comments and we make the appropriate chantes. We want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs and we hope to see you again in the future. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Weekend getaway with the grandkids"
Beautiful clean friendly place
Response by Quality Inn
So glad you enjoyed our staff and hotel. Hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Danielle
Very nice room - friendly staff.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Pam
"Nice facility - just a couple of issues"
Room was nice. Stains on the floor around the desk and on the desk chair needed to be cleaned. (Hope it was a drink spilled!) Beds were nice and clean. Didn't have the "clean" remote thingy. Only 2 sets of towels in the room, but went to the desk and they promptly gave me more than I asked for. Nice lobby area with TV and a fire place (wasn't cold when I was there). Hot tub was out of service and they said they were waiting on repairs. Walls/floors are solid, so you didn't hear every footstep and conversation. (we were on 2nd floor) No elevator. Access from the middle (lobby) and both ends of building with room key security. Checkout paper was left under the door. Location good. Walmart nearby and some resteraunt. Right off the I-68 exit. Just 5 minutes from Downtown Morgantown I'd stay again.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Trumpet304
"customer service."
G.M. was outstanding; great customer service. Very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area, I'd hire him in a minute!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"clean and comfortable"
place was clean and comfortable, beds hard
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2013
Kathleen
"Bad location"
Found the motel to be over priced. No elevator, so hard for older people to lug suit cases up a stairs that by the way was dirty.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Burdell
"Close to the interstate"
Not too bad of a stay, but they do allow animals and all we heard all night was a large dog barking. It was quite a headache.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Jordan
"morgantown, WVA"
reservation was for a standard king room, 1 king sized bed. when we checked in, found only a double bed in this room, did have a love seat sized fold out bed, but was not comfortable. the motel was unable to give us a room with a king sized bed or two queens to sleep in, they were fully booked, it was going on to 11pm and we were too tired to try to find another room at that hour. the room needed updating, carpet had snags many places, there were some old stains on the carpet.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
We stay at a lot of comfort inns and can't believe that this was one. The whole place needed serious cleaning. I won't even let me kids take their socks off other then to shower and put new ones on right away. They allow dogs so the whole place smelled. If you can get past all that good luck getting any sleep on the beds. The whole point of pulling over was to get sleep and none of us slept. Made the start of our vacation real rough. The breakfast was so bad we ended up so grossed out we just left without eating any if it.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Dawn
"Hotel for one night"
We just needed an inexpensive hotel for one night after touring West Virginia University. We did not need a hotel with a refrigerator or microwave. This is the perfect hotel to stay. It is very close to the university. We would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013