All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
225 Comfort Inn Drive, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

"Would not stay here again"
This two-story hotel has NO ELEVATOR so you must carry your bags, and walk your dogs, up and down a long flight of stairs. Breakfast was OK. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. The grounds around the hotel were filthy with trash. Overall, the hotel and property needs some "freshening up." We stayed because the evening was getting late and we needed someplace we could stay with our dogs, but I felt the place was overpriced considering the condition and we definitely would NOT stay here again.
1 night trip May 30, 2013
"Convenient"
It was okay for what we needed but may have been a little on the high price side. Breakfast wasn't good at all.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
"$60 Hotel for $100!"
Old hotel that needs updated bad!
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2013
"Great night's sleep"
This is a tough one to review fairly. Location is high above highway so it is quiet. Staff was very helpful and seemed to care about their jobs. Room was clean and adequate. Typical hotel breakfast but they took care to make sure hot foods were hot and cold foods were cold. The negative was that the bathroom was in rough shape. The wallpaper was peeling and the popcorn ceiling was coming down. If the cosmetics bother you, don't book this hotel, but if you just looking for a simple room and a good night's sleep this place is for you.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2013
"What is this stranger doing in my room"
The room itself was fine. However, what was NOT fine, was when at midnight, a man keyed into my room. Apparently the front desk had mistakenly given him keys for the already occupied room. As a 22 year old woman staying alone, I was understandably incredibly shaken up to look up from my bed and see a strange man standing in my door.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Excellent for parents West VA University students"
Easily found location : staff incredibly friendly & helpful : the room was clean and not worn despite accommodating pets was in excellent condition. The breakfast offered by lovely area of tables circling fireplace and overseeing pool. Breakfast was incredible offering of variety of baked products as well as variety of juices, cereals hot/cold, sausages, eggs, coffee with microwave and toaster to warm food offerings to desired taste. I have never seen such a spread for breakfast with continually refilled food offerings. Located by shopping center across road and by car minutes away from West Virginia University campus. We WILL return should our youngster attend WVU. Price was very reasonable also.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2013
WVU Mom
"So, So."
Carpet was dirty, especially at the entrance. Couldn't get wifi hookup, although I got it at a different hotel the night before and everything was working fine when I got home, so it wasn't my computer. Also, the location of this Comfort Inn is well off the beaten track and we had to drive a considerable distance to find a restaurant.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
"Ok"
Hotel was just ok. A Little outdated and the room wasn't cleaned well, specifically the toilet.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2013
"I would reccommend"
This hotel is quiet & clean. Close to highway 79, Easy off & easy on . Breakfast was a little skimpy. Eggs were like rubber But on a whole hotel was good ........
Other trip Dec 16, 2012
Lew
"great stop-over with pets"
Large, clean, and comfortable rooms. Will stay there again!
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Inn Morgantown! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2012
"Nice for a family."
I stayed at this Comfort Inn with my Mother In Law and 2 kids 9 and 12. I was very happy with the hotel. The breakfast was very good and there was a lot to choose from. The only issue I have was that the chair at the desk was too big and took up too much space. Other than that it was very comfortable.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Will go back!"
Great hospitable service by the staff. Our room was incredibly clean. We ate breakfast in a cozy area in the front lobby which has a gas fire place. Only negative was the coffee was so-so.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
Restaurant closed; stink bugs in room; ice machines broke; only one computer at check in
1 night trip Oct 11, 2012
The location was great .. The condition to the room was horrible. Upon arriving I get in my room to find dead bugs on walls dog hair on the sheets and no wash rags. Get switched to a different room carpet was nasty and the room smelled like smoke when I requested a non smoking room. I will never return
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2012
Mrs. Mannor
"Close to Morgantown"
It was a very nice stay at the comfort inn in morgantown. it was close to the town and restaurants and west virginia universary. the scenery was just beautiful when you came out the front door on the inn. the breakfast was very nice and the breakfast area was nice and clean and the food was very good.
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate hearing both good and bad criticism, and both help to stimulate our employees to continue to put forward hard work and to do their job with a sense of pride. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2012
robin

"overnighter"
needs updating, exercise room is disgusting and musty, paper taped up to cover spa area that is all dried up and moldy, breakfast was good and fireplace in lobby was nice, but that was it!
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. I do apologize for the state of thee exercise room. We are undergoing renovations at the hotel in the next few months, and the exercise room will be included in those renovations. I do hope you will stay with us again Thank You Beth Pond General Manager Comfort Inn Morgantown WV
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Ok spot to spend the night."
We stopped here for the night en route to South Carolina (it was a half way point for us). Bed was comfortable. Good breakfast included in the morning.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Elizabeth, I would like to thank you for your comment and am pleased that your stay was comfortable. We strive to make each guests stay as pleasurable as possible. I hope that the next time you are headed to South Carolina, you will stay with us again. If it happens to be in the spring like this year, you will have a newly renovated room to look forawrd to. We hope we will see you again in the future. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
elizabeth
"Comfort inn Morgantown"
A little rundown, and a bit isolated. Breakfast was provided, but appeared to consist of powdered eggs. No problems, and we slept well.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Extremely expensive"
It was extremely expensive, beds were small for 2 adults (double) the room and quality of linens were poor. Mold in the shower head and shower.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2012
S. Schweller
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your 4 star rating. We aim to please. New renovations coming soon. Stop by and see us!
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
We appreciate your rating. We have great staff here and we truly aim to please. New renovations coming to us soon. Stop back by and give it a look.
1 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
steven
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your rating! We aim to please. New renovations coming soon. Hopefully that improves your rating! Come visit soon.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
We strive for excellance! Thank you for your rating! New renovations coming . Come back and visit us soon.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your rating. Please come back and visit us soon! Come visit our new staff and our renovations coming shortly.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for the 4 star rating. We aim to please with every guest. Come and visit again soon. We're trying for 5 stars!!
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your rating. We strive for excellance and 5 stars. Come back and visit us soon. Renovations will be soon.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"Nothing special here"
07/29/15 skiwithapro Hampstead, Maryland
Located just off I 68 the "Tell" of this hotel is the driveway going up to it. In bad need of repair and the need of repair doesn't stop there. This is an older place that has not been kept up. From the lobby to the rooms, it is in need of a complete make over. Our air conditioner just barely worked. The hall was cooler than the room. Won't stay here again.
"Horrible"
07/29/15 bert18980 Wrigtstown PA
They ran out of breakfast food, the hotel was full half of the hotel didn't eat. Entrance to the hotel had a big pothole, The road in was horrible. I was on a motorcycle took my life in my hands Needed some good up keep, it was dirty my chance of going back is not good..
"Very nice"
07/17/15 BeckyAldhizer Northfield, Ohio
I found this hotel to be very comfortable, clean and quiet. There is a nice open lobby where you can sit, watch tv, play cards, or board games. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. Very easy to get th WV campus from the hotel. I have to come back to town next month and in October and I will definitely book here again.!
"Great place for a stay"
07/09/15 tim k mocksville
Room was clean and and the bed was comfortable. We are changing over from Comfort inn to quality Inn. There are some wonderful renovations going on. The lobby looks great and is very comfortable to sit in.The pool is clean cool and refreshing. The staff is super friendly and will help you in anyway they can. Be sure to ask them for recommendations on where to eat. There are also several restaurants in the area that offer delivery. This is a very good basic place to stay for a comfortable night sleep.
"Hopefully the renovation will match the quality of the staff."
06/11/15 Joe M Winder, Georgia
Read many reviews of this hotel and booked on line based on what I saw. The reviews were very accurate regarding the rooms and the hotel going through renovation. It is difficult to rate the room based on the fact that they are going through renovation but the way they are now is not worth the rate. Although the rooms and bedding were clean, the rooms were small and just the set up of the hotel is OLD style - meaning there is no elevator, the ice machine is not isolated and very noisy, fixtures in the bathroom very low and old, poor lighting etc. The bright shining star of the stay was the personnel not only behind the desk but in the breakfast area and house keeping staff. They are certainly under a lot of stress and anxious for the new renovations to be completed but were very hospitable. It isn't horrible but I think the rate was high for the quality of the room as they are now.
"good"
05/27/15 Eva B
In progress but friendly staff and clean, spacious room. Positive will be better when renovations are completed. A bit overpriced for quality currently.nice stay overall despite slight inconvenience of renovations. Outstanding and quick delivery for pizza from Vowell I -best
"Homey Atmosphere"
05/26/15 Sam9458 Buffalo, New York
On our way home from Fla we stayed overnight here. Was so impressed from the time we walked through the door. There is a fireplace in center of the rustic lobby along with many tables, chairs & couches to read or relax. Coffee station is very nice & available 24 hrs. Breakfast in am was extensive, well organized & plentiful. A couple of USA Today's on every table. Check in & out easy. Room clean & super comfy bedding & pillows. They make an effort & it shows.
"Regards from the Manager.."
05/25/15 BenjiandMax Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
Stayed here to take care of old business and to reminisce, but I didn't know it would be like stepping back in time. I was the Front Desk Manager of this woodsy hotel for two years in the early 1990s, and more will be said with that in mind. The desk staff and breakfast attendant were very friendly and the room was surface clean, but the hotel was so dated, it looked as I had left it. The Old Thyme restaurant next door had since been renamed and gutted, I don't know why they wouldn't renovate it or tear it down. Same smell. Same lobby bathrooms with the partitions and tiles. But the potholes in the entrance were new. A housekeeper had told me about renovations that they were going to do in the hotel. A fine idea, 10 years too late, but because the service was on par, I might stay again if ever I'm down there again, provided the place doesn't remind me of my college years.
"No quality here"
04/19/15 Walkabout2007 Punta Gorda, Florida
On the drive north from Florida, the roads were packed so we booked ahead, without prior knowledge of thehotel site. The brand cannot be counted on for quality consistently. In driving up the steep driveway, the first thing we saw was a derelict building connected to the hotel- it had been a restaurant at one time. The parking lot was neglected (huge pot holes everywhere), front of the building was in very poor shape (broken pieces, in need of paint job, front door covered in finger prints, and was dirty). Shabby appearance coming through the front door. It was bad enough that after an 11 hr drive, I cancelled the room. Front counter staff was the best thing about the experience. The hotel was not worth the $100 room charge- should have been $40 or less. We drove on until Pennsylvania to get a room.
"A nice stay for us"
03/31/15 broncoal06 Geneva, Switzerland
I thought staying here gave us a bit of a secluded lodge feel. We stayed for one night on the way to DC and thought it was a nice place to get a good night's rest and prepare for the final leg of the journey. There were pretty good breakfast options and the wifi worked very well. The on-site staff were also very helpful. Overall, I would recommend a stay if you are in the area.