All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
225 Comfort Inn Drive, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

Location is ok
    Bad amenities
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
Very nice room - friendly staff.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Pam
"Nice facility - just a couple of issues"
Room was nice. Stains on the floor around the desk and on the desk chair needed to be cleaned. (Hope it was a drink spilled!) Beds were nice and clean. Didn't have the "clean" remote thingy. Only 2 sets of towels in the room, but went to the desk and they promptly gave me more than I asked for. Nice lobby area with TV and a fire place (wasn't cold when I was there). Hot tub was out of service and they said they were waiting on repairs. Walls/floors are solid, so you didn't hear every footstep and conversation. (we were on 2nd floor) No elevator. Access from the middle (lobby) and both ends of building with room key security. Checkout paper was left under the door. Location good. Walmart nearby and some resteraunt. Right off the I-68 exit. Just 5 minutes from Downtown Morgantown I'd stay again.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Trumpet304
"customer service."
G.M. was outstanding; great customer service. Very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area, I'd hire him in a minute!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"clean and comfortable"
place was clean and comfortable, beds hard
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2013
Kathleen
"Bad location"
Found the motel to be over priced. No elevator, so hard for older people to lug suit cases up a stairs that by the way was dirty.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Burdell
"Close to the interstate"
Not too bad of a stay, but they do allow animals and all we heard all night was a large dog barking. It was quite a headache.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Jordan
"morgantown, WVA"
reservation was for a standard king room, 1 king sized bed. when we checked in, found only a double bed in this room, did have a love seat sized fold out bed, but was not comfortable. the motel was unable to give us a room with a king sized bed or two queens to sleep in, they were fully booked, it was going on to 11pm and we were too tired to try to find another room at that hour. the room needed updating, carpet had snags many places, there were some old stains on the carpet.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
We stay at a lot of comfort inns and can't believe that this was one. The whole place needed serious cleaning. I won't even let me kids take their socks off other then to shower and put new ones on right away. They allow dogs so the whole place smelled. If you can get past all that good luck getting any sleep on the beds. The whole point of pulling over was to get sleep and none of us slept. Made the start of our vacation real rough. The breakfast was so bad we ended up so grossed out we just left without eating any if it.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
Dawn
"Hotel for one night"
We just needed an inexpensive hotel for one night after touring West Virginia University. We did not need a hotel with a refrigerator or microwave. This is the perfect hotel to stay. It is very close to the university. We would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"Would not stay here again"
The room was OK, and for the most part comfortable. However, the chair in the room was badly stained, and the toilet did not work very well.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
It was ok served its purpose. Its an older hotel that used to allow smoking our room smelled of stale smoke...yuck! The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good and coffee hot and plentiful.
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2013
"Not great."
Too expensive for the quality you're getting. Better off heading up to exit 7 on I-68 where there are better hotels and far more amenities. This place feels like its in the Twilight Zone, and the next exit up feel like a modern interstate highway exit. If you're heading east on 68, this and the exit 7,10 hotels are your last option till Cumberland.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
SFB
"Comfortable"
We have stayed at this Comfort Inn several times. The employees are very friendly and considerate of the guest. The house keeping people notice if the person has special needs and cleans accordingly. Our stay was very enjoyable and will use this establishment when we return to Morgantown. The hotel is one of our favorite for location and cleanliness.
3 night trip May 24, 2013
"Would not stay here again"
This two-story hotel has NO ELEVATOR so you must carry your bags, and walk your dogs, up and down a long flight of stairs. Breakfast was OK. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. The grounds around the hotel were filthy with trash. Overall, the hotel and property needs some "freshening up." We stayed because the evening was getting late and we needed someplace we could stay with our dogs, but I felt the place was overpriced considering the condition and we definitely would NOT stay here again.
1 night trip May 30, 2013
"Convenient"
It was okay for what we needed but may have been a little on the high price side. Breakfast wasn't good at all.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
"$60 Hotel for $100!"
Old hotel that needs updated bad!
1 night business trip Apr 9, 2013
"Great night's sleep"
This is a tough one to review fairly. Location is high above highway so it is quiet. Staff was very helpful and seemed to care about their jobs. Room was clean and adequate. Typical hotel breakfast but they took care to make sure hot foods were hot and cold foods were cold. The negative was that the bathroom was in rough shape. The wallpaper was peeling and the popcorn ceiling was coming down. If the cosmetics bother you, don't book this hotel, but if you just looking for a simple room and a good night's sleep this place is for you.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2013
"What is this stranger doing in my room"
The room itself was fine. However, what was NOT fine, was when at midnight, a man keyed into my room. Apparently the front desk had mistakenly given him keys for the already occupied room. As a 22 year old woman staying alone, I was understandably incredibly shaken up to look up from my bed and see a strange man standing in my door.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Excellent for parents West VA University students"
Easily found location : staff incredibly friendly & helpful : the room was clean and not worn despite accommodating pets was in excellent condition. The breakfast offered by lovely area of tables circling fireplace and overseeing pool. Breakfast was incredible offering of variety of baked products as well as variety of juices, cereals hot/cold, sausages, eggs, coffee with microwave and toaster to warm food offerings to desired taste. I have never seen such a spread for breakfast with continually refilled food offerings. Located by shopping center across road and by car minutes away from West Virginia University campus. We WILL return should our youngster attend WVU. Price was very reasonable also.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2013
WVU Mom
"So, So."
Carpet was dirty, especially at the entrance. Couldn't get wifi hookup, although I got it at a different hotel the night before and everything was working fine when I got home, so it wasn't my computer. Also, the location of this Comfort Inn is well off the beaten track and we had to drive a considerable distance to find a restaurant.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
"Ok"
Hotel was just ok. A Little outdated and the room wasn't cleaned well, specifically the toilet.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2013

"Everything we needed in Morgantown, WV..."
We just needed a place for the night on our trip home to Canada. Room was clean and comfortable; and the service was outstanding.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
JEFFREY JAY
"overnighter"
needs updating, exercise room is disgusting and musty, paper taped up to cover spa area that is all dried up and moldy, breakfast was good and fireplace in lobby was nice, but that was it!
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. I do apologize for the state of thee exercise room. We are undergoing renovations at the hotel in the next few months, and the exercise room will be included in those renovations. I do hope you will stay with us again Thank You Beth Pond General Manager Comfort Inn Morgantown WV
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Ok spot to spend the night."
We stopped here for the night en route to South Carolina (it was a half way point for us). Bed was comfortable. Good breakfast included in the morning.
Response by Quality Inn
Dear Elizabeth, I would like to thank you for your comment and am pleased that your stay was comfortable. We strive to make each guests stay as pleasurable as possible. I hope that the next time you are headed to South Carolina, you will stay with us again. If it happens to be in the spring like this year, you will have a newly renovated room to look forawrd to. We hope we will see you again in the future. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
elizabeth
"Comfort inn Morgantown"
A little rundown, and a bit isolated. Breakfast was provided, but appeared to consist of powdered eggs. No problems, and we slept well.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2015
damaris
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your 4 star rating. We aim to please. New renovations coming soon. Stop by and see us!
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
We appreciate your rating. We have great staff here and we truly aim to please. New renovations coming to us soon. Stop back by and give it a look.
1 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
steven
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your rating! We aim to please. New renovations coming soon. Hopefully that improves your rating! Come visit soon.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
We strive for excellance! Thank you for your rating! New renovations coming . Come back and visit us soon.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your rating. Please come back and visit us soon! Come visit our new staff and our renovations coming shortly.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for the 4 star rating. We aim to please with every guest. Come and visit again soon. We're trying for 5 stars!!
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
Response by Quality Inn
Thank you for your rating. We strive for excellance and 5 stars. Come back and visit us soon. Renovations will be soon.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Quality Inn

"Unxpected softball 16U"
01/11/16 Cathy B Augusta County VA
Very nice Hotel. Breakfast very good. We were there for a weekend softball tournament. Staff very accommodating &helpful. Rooms nice. Would stay there again. Ice machine and vending machines all worked -at least on the first floor. Did not check other floors. Check in/check out very efficient and quick. We enjoyed a 2 night stay.
"A Good One Nighter"
01/02/16 DayTripDude Baltimore, Maryland
Stayed one night while traveling through the area. The price was good and the room very good. The light breakfast was the standard fare. My only complaint was the road coming up the hill from the stoplight. It could really use some white lines at the edges. If you first approach the hotel at night it's tough to tell where the edges are.
"Cozy and clean! "
12/19/15 savy31 Chesapeake, Ohio
We stopped at Morgantown for a one night stay on a road trip to Pennsylvania. Very nice staff, clean rooms and a cozy fire in the lobby. The beds were comfortable, had free breakfast in the morning and parking was right beside the sidewalk for easy access to the front door. Would stay again.
"My favorite place to stay in Morgantown"
11/16/15 Wyoming_OHMomof5 Wyoming, OH
I visit Morgantown frequently for football games and visits with my student/kids at WVU. This is my favorite place to stay. It's extremely clean and well managed. The front desk staff is diligent, personable and wants to make every visitor happy. I have stayed one night, 2 nights and even a week one time, and the experience was always positive. The only negative experience I had even during the longer stay was that the waffle batter was out for a few days, so the breakfast options were limited. Other than that, the room is clean everyday. The staff is friendly. The price is reasonable. AND for those attending games or visiting Mountaineers, it's close to campus and easy to get to restaurants and highways in and out of the area.
"Great for overnight stops"
11/09/15 RCAF831 Barrie, Canada
Although changed names to Quality Inn, the customer service is amazing. After a quick registration, we were in our room getting settled. The front desk called and ensured everything was up to our expectations, nice touch. The chocolate chip cookies around 8 were hot from the oven...great beds. How ever the sink was slow to drain and the water power for the shower as poor. The breakfast was sufficient to start your day, with a good variety.
"I would not stay at this Quality Inn again!"
10/13/15 Eaglemapper Montgomery, Alabama
This property is showing its age and while in the past this must have been a great place to stay It Is Not Now. The hotel and my room just looked unkept with debris in the parking lot, the hall way, and the room. The room also was dated and the bath facet was broken giving the shower little pressure. When I checked out the staff did seem concerned but offered no explication also I was over charged $6 dollars and not given an itemized receipt just a total. When I asked about it the clerk said she did not know and to call the manager later. This started a month long battle of me calling, leaving a message, and no response from the manager ever. Finally I talked with a clerk that took $5.00 of the $6.00 dollars off my bill but still could not explain why or what this was for? And I gave up on the other $1.00.
"Quality room"
10/07/15 Jason H
Convenient location with a nice view of the mountains. It had a quality mattress that was more comfy than my one at home. Good breakfast with many selections to choose from. Not to mention the lobby seating had nice light coming through the windows in the morning.
"Overnight stay...mostly good but some things needed improving"
09/17/15 Marsha M Bethesda, Maryland
We stopped here on our way one late evening to take care of a sick relative...so we were not looking for more than a clean, safe, and convenient place to sleep. The Quality Inn was clean and the room we got met the description on the website. However, the website did not mention that there is NO elevator...we had to slog our luggage upstairs and downstairs. The rooms were newly remodeled although why anyone wants to decorate a hotel room in dark brown and mustard yellow is beyond me...rather dark and depressing! However, a few things were not so grand. The big one was that in the remodeling, they had removed and never replaced the smoke detector in our room. I reported this to the front desk in the morning so I'm sure it's fixed now but, hey, that should not have been missed in the remodeling. The breakfast was free and had lots of nice options. Unfortunately, everything was heavily pre-salted so it was hard for me on a limited salt diet to enjoy the eggs, etc. To all those out there who have breakfasts...let people add their own salt to eggs, oatmeal, etc. It makes breakfast healthy for so many more people! Finally, the private road leading to the hotel was in very bad shape with lots of pot holes. At night, curvy and unlit, it was a bit of a dodging game. Overall, this hotel gave us what we needed...a clean bed and bath and a cup of coffee in the morning. But there were safety and dietary tweaks that would improve the experience especially for $100/night. They seem to have a great staff so I'm sure many of these things will get resolved...
"Relaxing time at this updated Comfort Inn to a Quality Inn"
09/09/15 Pttim Fairfield Glade, Tennessee
We've stayed at this former Comfort Inn on many occasions in the past and it was comfortable and what you would expect. Evidently in July of this year they converted it to a Quality Inn and also re-configured the breakfast area to a nice open and flowing floor plan. What a difference it made. The breakfast each day was also an upgrade from the past and the two mornings we ate there the hot items were different thus giving a nice choice to select from. We will stay here again!
"Hopefully not done with renovations yet"
08/16/15 californiagirl_md Annapolis, Maryland
Although the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, it was in obvious need of some renovation. The lobby had been redone recently and the pool was clean and inviting. The staff was super great but I don't think they planned the breakfast well for a sold out weekend as they ran out of food by 8:00am. The rates for 8/13 - 8/15 was way too high for the quality/age of hotel however it was move-in week at WVU so ALL the hotels were about 30% higher than regular summer rates. They really should redo the parking lot & driveway. It makes the place look questionable - especially at night! I hope they are not completely done with the renovations yet!