All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here225 Comfort Inn Drive, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"What is this stranger doing in my room"
The room itself was fine. However, what was NOT fine, was when at midnight, a man keyed into my room. Apparently the front desk had mistakenly given him keys for the already occupied room. As a 22 year old woman staying alone, I was understandably incredibly shaken up to look up from my bed and see a strange man standing in my door.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Excellent for parents West VA University students"
Easily found location : staff incredibly friendly & helpful : the room was clean and not worn despite accommodating pets was in excellent condition. The breakfast offered by lovely area of tables circling fireplace and overseeing pool. Breakfast was incredible offering of variety of baked products as well as variety of juices, cereals hot/cold, sausages, eggs, coffee with microwave and toaster to warm food offerings to desired taste. I have never seen such a spread for breakfast with continually refilled food offerings. Located by shopping center across road and by car minutes away from West Virginia University campus. We WILL return should our youngster attend WVU. Price was very reasonable also.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2013
WVU Mom
"So, So."
Carpet was dirty, especially at the entrance. Couldn't get wifi hookup, although I got it at a different hotel the night before and everything was working fine when I got home, so it wasn't my computer. Also, the location of this Comfort Inn is well off the beaten track and we had to drive a considerable distance to find a restaurant.
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
"Ok"
Hotel was just ok. A Little outdated and the room wasn't cleaned well, specifically the toilet.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2013
"I would reccommend"
This hotel is quiet & clean. Close to highway 79, Easy off & easy on . Breakfast was a little skimpy. Eggs were like rubber But on a whole hotel was good ........
Other trip Dec 16, 2012
Lew
"great stop-over with pets"
Large, clean, and comfortable rooms. Will stay there again!
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you for choosing to stay at Comfort Inn Morgantown! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2012
"Nice for a family."
I stayed at this Comfort Inn with my Mother In Law and 2 kids 9 and 12. I was very happy with the hotel. The breakfast was very good and there was a lot to choose from. The only issue I have was that the chair at the desk was too big and took up too much space. Other than that it was very comfortable.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Will go back!"
Great hospitable service by the staff. Our room was incredibly clean. We ate breakfast in a cozy area in the front lobby which has a gas fire place. Only negative was the coffee was so-so.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
Restaurant closed; stink bugs in room; ice machines broke; only one computer at check in
1 night trip Oct 11, 2012
The location was great .. The condition to the room was horrible. Upon arriving I get in my room to find dead bugs on walls dog hair on the sheets and no wash rags. Get switched to a different room carpet was nasty and the room smelled like smoke when I requested a non smoking room. I will never return
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2012
Mrs. Mannor
"Close to Morgantown"
It was a very nice stay at the comfort inn in morgantown. it was close to the town and restaurants and west virginia universary. the scenery was just beautiful when you came out the front door on the inn. the breakfast was very nice and the breakfast area was nice and clean and the food was very good.
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate hearing both good and bad criticism, and both help to stimulate our employees to continue to put forward hard work and to do their job with a sense of pride. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2012
robin
"Not Impressed"
Booked this room passing through on a business trip to Pittsburgh. I had stayed here about three years ago and it was okay for the price. This trip our room was disappointing. The carpet had several big dirty water spots and two of the pillow cases had stain spots of some sort. Part of the lights in the bathroom did not work and the vent in the bathroom was hanging out of the ceiling by the wires. I got in late so I didnt complain. Just glad I only had to be there a few hours and had brought my own travel pillow. Breakfast was good though. Lots of options. However, I would not choose to stay here again.
Response by General Manager
Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our Hotel did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to provide the best solution available to resolve issues as soon as possible. We are actively working to improve our guest service levels and your feedback will assist us in becoming better at what we do. Please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience we have caused you. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and will hope to serve you again in the future. Sincerly
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2012
"Good hotel. Served its purpose"
This hotel has NO ELEVATOR. I don't need one but someone else might. The staff we dealt with were very pleasant. The rate was higher, I thought, than it should have been especially when Expedia was securing the room. As a matter of fact, I don't think there was any cut or discount on the rate. Overall, though, the place was nice except for the lack of hot water. The water was never hot. In most cases it was luke warm. In general, the hotel was clean and fairly quiet. The bed was comfortable. I don't care for pet friendly facilities but you have to deal with that just about anywhere you go now. This did not seem to be a problem as far as cleanliness. I would stay there again if I could not get my first choice.
Response by Hotel Management
Thank you, for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Morgantown. It is always delightful to hear that our guest service representations have provided great service. Although your stay was short, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We try hard to provide an exceptional stay and I m glad our efforts were noticed. We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to serving you during your next visit to Morgantown. Thanks You
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
"Extremely Disappointed"
1. Very large stain on carpet. 2. Bleach stains on comforter. 3. Drain for sink would not close, completely broken. 4. Large hole in the bath towels. 5. Roll - away bed was made up with clean sheets that just happened to have a napkin in the middle! 6. Dirty sock left behind under the bed. 7. The key card would never open the door, kept having to go to front desk to have it re-programed. 8. Never replenished the towels, had to go to front desk to ask for clean ones. And this place was completely booked!!! I was extremely disappointed with my stay especially for the price. I will not stay there again.
3 night trip Jun 18, 2012

"overnighter"
needs updating, exercise room is disgusting and musty, paper taped up to cover spa area that is all dried up and moldy, breakfast was good and fireplace in lobby was nice, but that was it!
Response by Comfort Inn
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. I do apologize for the state of thee exercise room. We are undergoing renovations at the hotel in the next few months, and the exercise room will be included in those renovations. I do hope you will stay with us again Thank You Beth Pond General Manager Comfort Inn Morgantown WV
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Ok spot to spend the night."
We stopped here for the night en route to South Carolina (it was a half way point for us). Bed was comfortable. Good breakfast included in the morning.
Response by Comfort Inn
Dear Elizabeth, I would like to thank you for your comment and am pleased that your stay was comfortable. We strive to make each guests stay as pleasurable as possible. I hope that the next time you are headed to South Carolina, you will stay with us again. If it happens to be in the spring like this year, you will have a newly renovated room to look forawrd to. We hope we will see you again in the future. Sincerely, Thomas Crosby General Manager
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
elizabeth
"Comfort inn Morgantown"
A little rundown, and a bit isolated. Breakfast was provided, but appeared to consist of powdered eggs. No problems, and we slept well.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Extremely expensive"
It was extremely expensive, beds were small for 2 adults (double) the room and quality of linens were poor. Mold in the shower head and shower.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2012
S. Schweller
Response by Comfort Inn
Thank you for your 4 star rating. We aim to please. New renovations coming soon. Stop by and see us!
1 night trip Dec 4, 2014
Response by Comfort Inn
We appreciate your rating. We have great staff here and we truly aim to please. New renovations coming to us soon. Stop back by and give it a look.
1 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
steven
Response by Comfort Inn
Thank you for your rating! We aim to please. New renovations coming soon. Hopefully that improves your rating! Come visit soon.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Response by Comfort Inn
We strive for excellance! Thank you for your rating! New renovations coming . Come back and visit us soon.
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2014
Response by Comfort Inn
Thank you for your rating. Please come back and visit us soon! Come visit our new staff and our renovations coming shortly.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Response by Comfort Inn
Thank you for the 4 star rating. We aim to please with every guest. Come and visit again soon. We're trying for 5 stars!!
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
Response by Comfort Inn
Thank you for your rating. We strive for excellance and 5 stars. Come back and visit us soon. Renovations will be soon.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
1 night trip Jul 19, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"No quality here"
04/19/15 Walkabout2007 Cornwall,Ont.
On the drive north from Florida, the roads were packed so we booked ahead, without prior knowledge of thehotel site. The brand cannot be counted on for quality consistently. In driving up the steep driveway, the first thing we saw was a derelict building connected to the hotel- it had been a restaurant at one time. The parking lot was neglected (huge pot holes everywhere), front of the building was in very poor shape (broken pieces, in need of paint job, front door covered in finger prints, and was dirty). Shabby appearance coming through the front door. It was bad enough that after an 11 hr drive, I cancelled the room. Front counter staff was the best thing about the experience. The hotel was not worth the $100 room charge- should have been $40 or less. We drove on until Pennsylvania to get a room.
"A nice stay for us"
03/31/15 broncoal06 Geneva, Switzerland
I thought staying here gave us a bit of a secluded lodge feel. We stayed for one night on the way to DC and thought it was a nice place to get a good night's rest and prepare for the final leg of the journey. There were pretty good breakfast options and the wifi worked very well. The on-site staff were also very helpful. Overall, I would recommend a stay if you are in the area.
"Thank you Comfort Inn"
03/12/15 nanticoke Nanticoke
After hours of horrible weather we desperately needed a hotel for the night. This hotel was dog friendly, so it was perfect. Storm 'Thor' had passed through and made driving a nightmare. We had hoped to drive 10 hours that day, but only did 6. Again, thank you Comfort Inn. The room was clean with microwave, fridge and coffee maker. A continental breakfast was included. Wifi only worked in lobby area due to the weather.
"It's just OK"
03/12/15 Roy L C
I've stayed here several times before while traveling through on business but for the money, it's just OK. Nothing special. The rooms are not the greatest and I do remember that I stayed here a while back and they were renovating but I'm not for sure what they we're renovating. The room I was in in the 1st floor had not been touched. Very outdated. No outlets to plug your cell phone in. I think I'm going to have to start looking elsewhere next time I'm in the area.
"A Comfortable Pit Stop"
03/01/15 Mr_and_Mrs_Cuddles Washington DC, District of Columbia
We stay here regularly when passing through the area. Extremely conveniently located about 90 seconds away from the junction of 68 and 79, this is a great place to stop, rest and recharge. This is not a fancy hotel by any means, but it has friendly staff (even when we’ve walked in at 4 am on multiple occasions), comfortable rooms, and a very good breakfast. The dining area has the awesome highlight of a central fireplace, which makes for a nice welcome when you walk in on a cold night. Breakfast has most of the basics you’d expect from a Comfort Inn breakfast, plus delicious biscuits and sausage gravy on some mornings (mostly weekends). It may or may not make sense, but the biscuits and gravy alone have driven our decision to stop here a few times. There is no elevator in this two-story hotel, so if you have accessibility issues (or just expect to have a ton of luggage), request a first-floor room. There are also not a ton of food options in the immediate vicinity, but several local restaurants will deliver, and the hotel has some delicious recommendations.
"was just ok"
02/28/15 snowbird189 Fairmont, West Virginia
The room was very small but clean and the bed comfortable. Things were reasonably quiet after 10. On the other hand there was no chair in the room except a dining room type straight back chair at the desk, the heater took almost 3 hours to warm the room after we arrived and breakfast was only carbohydrate type foods except for hard boiled eggs. Also something in the air made me sneeze a lot and stuffed my nose. The other issue was internet connection which didn't seem to work. The folks at the desk insisted it was my computer at fault but I had no problem at any other motel and now that I'm home it connects to the net just fine also.
"Good stop on a long trip"
02/27/15 Gabriel D Sao Sebastiao da Grama, SP
The hotel is in an old building, but it's OK for the price. I arrived late, but the lady in the front desk was waiting for us and very courteous. It was clean enough. The central living room looks good with a fireplace. The breakfast was OK. I might stop again on our way back after the winter.
"The Price is Right"
01/17/15 Sandy B Rochester, New York
Although somewhat dated in a poorly built building, this Comfort Inn was clean with courteous staff. The breakfast room was cozy with a fire in the round and had the usual Comfort Inn hot and cold breakfast food selections kept clean by staff. We had a comfortable room with a king-sized bed and nice walking space around a refrig, desk and a couch. Wifi was free but slow. For near-by eating, we tried the lounge at the Ramada Inn right across the street and, on a non-busy night for them, we had great service and food for economical prices. Located easily from interstates, we would stop here again on our way through to warmer climates because the price was right.
"Pleasant stay while traveling through"
01/08/15 LorraineNY333 Hurleyville, New York
I have stayed at this Comfort Inn twice now, in the fall of 2012 and the fall of 2014. In both cases, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and very helpful, the lobby cozy and inviting, and the breakfast nicer than the usual fare for this type of hotel. At the desk, we received a mapped list of restaurants in the area - plenty to choose from not far from the hotel. I will certainly stay here again when I'm traveling that way.
"Very Nice Restaurant"
01/07/15 blackcat06 Lake Tranquility
To walk into the lobby on a cold raining night to find a roaring fire in a center fireplace is such a plus. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful in advising places for dinner. In our first stay we were in a business king. We stayed again 3 days later and were asked if we wanted a king on the first floor. We decided to take it and were a bit disappointed that it was so much smaller than the business king for the same money. You have to be very careful when driving up the driveway from the highway. There are a lot of potholes and if you are, as we were, in the dark and in the rain they are hard to see. Also, on the Choice Hotel's website it indicates there is a restaurant on site. There is not, the restaurant has been closed for several years. There are, however, several wonderful restaurants withing 10 miles of this facility.