All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
1990 Barrington St, Halifax, NS, B3J 1P2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

The staffs in this hotel is helpful and nice. I booked standard room with two double beds, the room is comfort and quiet.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff were so nice and helpful! I hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back soon and thank you again for the kind review.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"A weekend away"
Nice central location. Good service from arrival to departure.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Gerald
"Make sure you get what you paid for"
We had paid for a certain room and when we got there, way past check-in time, our room still wasn't ready. We were given a cheaper room, while we still paid for the expensive room.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Below average :("
Very short stay in the room. Great feeling upon entry in the building and area but let down with the room. Old room but fairly clean and comfortable. Balcony might have been nice except it looked directly into the pool, which looked directly into our room. Will not choose this as first stay option next time. Sorry :( just average for the price. Comfort inn better quality.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Debra
"Perfect quick visit hotel"
Walking distance to the centre of town, historical sights and a great range of restaurant choices, the convenience of this hotel is only matched by the pleasant and professional reception we received from staff.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
KROY
"Great central Hotel"
Head a wonderful stay, staff, food and accomodation were great. Compliments to all staff who were very helpful, friendly and really made you feel welcome at your hotel. I don't believe there was one staff member that didn't smile when we were talking or just saying hello. I like that a down home feeling you only seem to get in the Maritimes. I feel that should be captured in all hotels wow wouldn't that make for a great stay everywhere you went. I'm impressed with your facility well done and don't lose that. Have a nice day, take care.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Lane
"Good location to all amenities"
Staff was very pleasant and very informative, the restaurant in the hotel was excellent
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with Delta Halifax. We're delighted to hear our staff were so pleasant and informative and will be sure to pass your compliments along to our team! We're also very happy to hear your meal at Harbour City Bar and Grill was excellent! Thank you again for your great review and the high scores, we look forward to welcoming back to Delta Halifax on your next trip.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Not worth the money."
Out of date hotel and not worth the money. I would never stay there again.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Stephen
Great place to stay if you are downtown Halifax. Staff were wonderful. Everything you need is within walking distance.
1 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Cheryl
"Close to downtown so I could walk everywhere"
This is an attractive hotel with dark wood everywhere. I liked the dining room and the fitness facilities. The room service was prompt (important to me) and the front desk staff responsive (immediate attention to get a cab or answer a query about my bill).
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel very attractive and the you enjoyed our In room Dining and Fitness facilities. I am also happy to hear our staff were so responsive and immediately assisted you whenever needed. I apologize for the lack of good lighting as well as the confusion with the lamp. This is certainly not the experience we wish for you to have in our rooms and hope we can improve on this part of your stay the next time you are traveling to Halifax. Thank you again for your kind review and we hope to welcome you back to Delta Halifax soon.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Jan
"Halifax"
It was a great experience staying in your Hotel. It started very good as Tina was really nice and helpful in the way she accommodate us for our specials trip to Halifax.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Love the Delta"
Wonderful stay. Accommodating and friendly staff.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
great stay
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Really nice hotel, just a bit difficult to find."
Hotel was really good overall. Loved the self park option. Great hotel for business travelers. Just a bit difficult to find. GPS took me to the delta across the street. Told by employees that this happens to everyone and on all GPS systems. But other than that it was great.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
business travel
"great location"
visited the Casino and basketball game
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I'm glad to hear our location suited your needs so well with its close proximity to the Casino and Metro Center for the basketball game. We thank you for the high scores and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Halifax.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
daniel
"New Years Eve"
We stayed New Years Eve and had a great time! Everyone was friendly and helpful even with a completely full hotel.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at Delta Halifax on New Years Eve. I'm delighted to hear our staff we're so friendly and helpful when the hotel was so busy! Thank you very much for choosing Delta for some of your first 2015 memories! We hope to have to opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"geat hotel"
Had a great stay ,this hotel is very clean & comfortable. We were a bit disappointed with having to pay for parking ,did not know it was not included in the room price ,but over all a great stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
robert
"Great spot for Playcation"
Great room great bed! location is excellent to play in downtown halifax.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Delta Halifax. We thank you very much for the high scores! I'm delighted to hear our central downtown location suited your stay so well and that your room & bed were great! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Halifax & thank you again for your kind review.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
kmacvicar
"Parking Too Expensive"
The stay was ok, but when I left there was a 20 dollar charge for parking, which I found was very expensive. For the price of the room, the parking should be included or at least 1/2 price. Have been many places and this was the most expensive parking we have ever had to use. Also the towels had to be the roughest I have ever had to use.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I apologize that you found our parking prices quite expensive, this is certainly not the impression we wish for you to have when choosing to stay with Delta. We have priced our parking competitively in line other hotels in the city, and when researched we found we currently have one of the lowest parking prices. We do offer a variety of different packages the have parking included in the rate as well as many other great inclusions that may interest you on your next trip to Halifax. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax with a package that does not have any additional parking charges.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Jerry
"One night stay"
The experience while at the hotel was great. The staff were knowledgeable, and helpful.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Another Great Night at the Delta Halifax"
Another wonderful stay at the Delta Halifax! Within walking distance of all the places we wanted to go and later we could travel the pedways to the casino, never needing to ever step outside into the cold. The hotel restaurant was clean, the staff were friendly and the food was wonderfully delicious. The rooms were comfortable and warm and the water was always hot.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"Excellent hotel, friendly & helpful staff"
Stayed here in Nov. 2014. Excellent hotel location to attend the concert. Very clean hotel & friendly staff.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great weekend in Halifax"
I was in Halifax for the Bob Seger concert. The Delta Halifax was the perfect location for the concert. It was also connected, by Pedway, to the casino & the Scotia Centre. It was very convenient. It was a great stay & I would recommend this hotel to friends & family. I will also stay there on my next visit to Halifax.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for your kind review and great scores for your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I'm delighted to hear Delta Halifax was the perfect location for you visit, allowing such easy access to the Bob Seger concert! Which I trust was an awesome performance! Thank you again for your great review. We look forward to the next opportunity we have o welcome you back to the Delta Halifax!
3 night trip Nov 22, 2014
Debbie
This was an excellent place to stay! We were celebrating our anniversary and the entire staff were outstanding !
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for your kind review & great scores! I'm delighted to hear our staff were outstanding & I'm honored that you chose Delta Halifax for your Anniversary! Congratulations! I hope you had a safe trip home and hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice place to stay."
Our room was very nice. Clean. We ended up with a balcony which was cool. Only things I have negative to say is the hotel is very confusing. It was hard to find out room had to walk really far and up a ramp to find the room. Parking at this hotel is all very confusing if you don't know the parking is at the back! Drive on the street behind and park at the back. Or drive on the street behind to come to the front. You cannot get in from barrington street. Pool was heated which was nice . Hot tub could use an upgrade. Restaurant was good. Overall nice visit.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for taking the time to review you recent stay with Delta Halifax. I'm delighted to hear your room was very nice & clean, and that the balcony was great for your stay. I apologize for the confusion you experienced when trying to find parking at our hotel as well as when you were trying to find your room. This is certainly not the warm, welcoming experience you should expect when choosing to stay with Delta and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in these areas. I hope we have the opportunity to improve these aspects of your stay the next time you are traveling to Halifax.
1 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2014
chelsea
"Great location, downtown and near waterfront"
Thouroughly enjoyed my stay. It was a great place to stay and would definitely stay at the Delta again!
Sheila
"Great connection to the downtown"
Great hotel, a little tricky to get in and out of, but parking is very accommodating, being validated for 24 hours for each night's stay, corresponding to when you arrived. That allowed me to keep my car in the parking garage after I checked out, giving me more time. Restaurant had very good quality food, but it would have been nice to see a simpler menu, and a bit more extended room service hours (until about 2am). Wired Internet connection and wireless both worked well, but the Ethernet cable was a bit too short. Having a plug on the lamp is good, but more plugs are needed once you bring in anything that needs to be charged. Might also be nice to have dedicated USB charging ports. The room even had a small balcony! It was a bit too chilly to stand out there right now, but it's great to be able to breathe a little fresh air from time to time, rather than stale, recycled internal air. TV was passable, but the lack of HD channels made the picture stretched and grainy. The guide was terrible and useless.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm delighted to hear you found our parking so accommodating and that our 24 hours validation time allowed you more time in Halifax. I'm also happy to hear our internet worked so well and that you very much enjoyed your balcony. I thank you very much for your constructive feed back as well, it is with feed back like this that we learn how to better serve our guests. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out such a great & helpful review. I hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Halifax on your next trip to our city.
Encaf
"Pretty much as expected"
Nothing to complain about. We were there for a wedding in the hotel, and that went well. The buffet meal was good, as was the breakfast buffet the next day, though neither was outstanding. The hallways were surprisingly cool, but that was not an issue for us. Room temperature was easily adjusted. Parking was easy and convenient. We didn't make any use of pool or exercise facilities.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm happy to hear the wedding you attended went well and that the food was good. I'm also happy to hear you found the room temperature easy to adjust and that our parking options were so easy and convenient for you. I hope had a safe trip home and again thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Delta Halifax.
Ed
"Nice, clean, close to waterfront, wonderful staff"
Very much enjoyed my stay at Delta Halifax, very convenient location. Very close to waterfront, could walk there. Would definitely stay there again!
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much for your kind review and great scores! I'm so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Delta Halifax and that our hotels cleanliness and staff we're excellent! I'm glad our location suited your needs so well while you were visiting and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Halifax! We hope you had a safe trip home and thank you again!
Sheila
"A Good Business Hotel in Halifax"
We had a meeting nearby and the hotel was walking distance to the meeting place. Front desk staffs are always friendly and breakfast is always good.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
"Halcon ruled the Delta"
Was visiting for Hal-con The staff were fun in the bar area, the front desk team were always happy to see a new costume change and the housekeeping staff learned to dance so i guess all and all we all had fun
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you very much Jason for your kind review. I'm delighted to hear you had such a great time while staying at the Delta Halifax. Its wonderful to know our Bar Staff were fun, our Front Desk staff were always excited to see your different costumes and that our Housekeeping staff enjoyed your dance lessons! We look forward to seeing you next Halcon!
4 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2014
"Hotel a little tired"
We were given wrong room upon arrival, 2 doubles instead of deluxe queen. After some searching they did find a room with king bed but would not say deluxe!
Response by Delta Halifax
Hello, I apologize for the confusion with your room when you arrived to Delta Halifax. This is certainly not the welcoming experience you should expect or deserve when choosing to stay at a Delta Hotel. We hope to have to opportunity to welcome you back in the future with the warm and gracious welcome you deserve. I am happy to hear that our staff were very friendly and that our location suited your needs so well. I hope you had a safe trip home and thank you again for choosing to stay with Delta while in Halifax.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
We were pleased with your hotel. The restaurant served delicious fare that was surprisingly reasonably priced. The staff courteous and friendly.
2 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Doris
"Great location in a great city"
A one night overnight. Nice central location after a 40-year last visit to Halifax.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you Geoff for your kind review. I hope you enjoyed your Delta experience while staying at the Delta Halifax. We hope to welcome you back soon! (hopefully before another 40 years pass!) I hope you had a safe trip home and thank you again for staying with Delta.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
Geoff
"Casino Friendly!"
We go to Halifax for one weekend a year for the Casino. This was the first time we stayed at Delta Halifax, and we would stay there again, definitely.
Response by Delta Halifax
Hello Susan, I'm thrilled to hear our hotel suited your needs so well. I hope you had some luck at the Casino, if not I'm sure you still had lots of fun! Your compliments on our breakfast buffet are greatly appreciated and I will be certain to pass this along to our Food & Beverage team. We're very excited to hear you'll be staying with us again and hope to welcome you back to the Delta Halifax soon!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
susan
"Comfortable Stay"
The hotel is in a convenient location. One block from the wharf. We upgraded our room to a harbour view which was worth the extra $20/night. Upon arrival they asked what brought us to Halifax, we told them it was our 35th Anniversary and within 10 minutes of being in our room we were brought a decadent dessert, two forks, a bottle of champagne and some glasses. That was a wonderful surprise. The bed is comfortable and so are the pillows. The room is not huge, nor the bathroom, but more than adequate for our needs. The front staff was exceptionally pleasant and very helpful. They were always willing to provide information, answer questions, provide maps, etc. Everyone was very friendly. Loved our time in Halifax.
Response by Delta Halifax
Hello Kimmy, We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that you had such a great time while visiting our City. We are honored that you chose to spend your 35th Anniversary at Delta Halifax. It is a pleasure to hear we were able to make such wonderful day even better and I will be sure to pass your compliments along to our staff! We hope you had a safe trip home and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are traveling to Halifax.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Kimmy
"The Delta Haifax is a home away from home!!!"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Delta Halifax!! It was one of the better hotels that we stayed at. The Patio and pool access was awesome and the room was very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly!! We would stay there again and again!!!! : )
Response by Delta Halifax
Hello Ms. Joy, I'm delighted to hear your enjoyed your time at Delta Halifax, and that our staff were so friendly and helpful. I will be certain to share your compliments with our team! We will be sure to remember how much you enjoyed the patio and pool access the next time you visit us! I hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
3 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
pamela joy
"Comfy beds, though lightweight"
met our needs - parking too pricey
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
trendy wendy
"Excellent location and great staff"
The hotel is just a block away from the beautiful waterfront, and the facilities are great. Friendly staff and good service.....moved to the Westin after staying at the Delya and it has been a disappointment.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Great service! Friendly staff!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Nice view of the harbourfront"
Nice Facility. Very comfortable room. Staff very accommodating.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Ruth
"Over Sold Hotel"
We ended up sleeping on a pull out bed in a suite with a nice board room table.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Showing its age"
A nice hotel. Very comfortable beds. Could use some updating. For $175 a night, parking should have been included.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"business in halifax"
wifi was very disappointing but the hotel is a great place if your doing business downtown. very friendly staff and the lobby bar had a great lunch
Response by Delta Halifax
Hello from the Delta Halifax. Thanks so much for choosing our hotel on your recent visit. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed our service levels and offerings. I apologize for the trouble you had with our wifi, please trust we will have your concerns looked into to avoid any future inconveniences. Thanks again for choosing to stay and we look forward in welcoming you back again soon. Very best.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Conveniently located"
Overall service was great. Room was clean but a little dated.
Response by Delta Halifax
Greetings! Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit. We are thrilled to be in receipt of your 5 star review and so happy you enjoyed your stay. Take care and we all look forward in welcoming you back again soon!
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
Frank MacPhee
"Too expensive"
There was a mix-up with my booking at my original hotel (I booked incorrect date online), and I ended up booking the Delta hotel at the last minute (same night). I essentially paid $177 for 9 hrs (arrived at 22:00, departed at 07:00 the next morning). Due to the high cost & short duration, I was not in the frame of mind to enjoy my stay. Also, one of the beds smelled like stale urine, so I used the other bed instead (room had 2 double beds).
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
J
"OK, but not great"
The Delta Halifax was just an OK experience. The room was basic. The was a faint aroma of smoke even though it was supposed to be non-smoking. There was some junk under the couch; room had not been cleaned properly. The room was not soundproof at all. There was a noisy party going on next door and we could hear it clearly. Fortunately, they quietened down after 11:00. When I raised the issue of the room not being cleaned properly, they didn't charge me for parking. That's a plus. The hotel is close to many restaurants and tourist opportunities downtown. Pretty much everything is within walking distance.
Response by Delta Halifax
Hello from the Delta Halifax. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear we fell short on certain aspects of your stay and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Trust that these are not our normal standards and we will have your concerns looked into to avoid any future problems. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and central location to local attractions! We hope to have you back again in the future. Regards.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Craig
"Lacking toiletries"
For a room that was specifically for two adults, we didn't have toiletry supplies for two adults - only one house robe, not enough shampoo for two people, etc. A bit of a disappointment. Otherwise, a nice place to stay.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Staff"
The best feature of the hotel are the staff followed by the location and then the hotel. The hotel and staff made the stay great
Response by Delta Halifax
Greetings from the Delta Halifax. Thank you for your positive feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the the staff were so accommodating! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Regards.
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2014
Peter jubb
"Exemptional custmer service"
Overall a very positive experience. Guest service staff (Taylor?)accommodated over and above regarding a medical issue ... nice to have such support when not feeling well. Keep up the caring service!
Response by Delta Halifax
Hello from the Delta Halifax. I'm so happy to hear that you such a wonderful stay with us and I will be sure pass along your great comments! We pride ourselves on the exceptional customer service our staff offer to our guests! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Halifax!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014