All hotels in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
1990 Barrington St, Halifax, NS, B3J 1P2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

The stay was excellent except for trouble connecting with your internet
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am happy to hear you had an excellent stay with us! I apologize for any issues you experienced with our WIFI. I have advised our IT manager so he can monitor this and ensure this is not an on going concern. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2015
Ruth F.
"Complaints"
The hotel is well situated close to the harbour. Though automobile access was difficult. The Harbour View room was not comfortable. The air conditioner was a window-type that cycled on and off all the time, being very noisy and blowing at my wife in bed all night. But we needed it because it was so hot out. The decor was a huge let-down after being at the Charlottetown Delta. The bed undersheet was not on properly - coming up all night and bothering us. My wife hardly slept the two nights we were there.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am so sorry to hear we fell short to meet your expectations and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We understand your concern regarding our room condition and are happy to share with you that our property is listed for renovations. Upon completion our rooms and spaces will provide some of the most modern designed and tech-enabled areas available. We hope to welcome you back to newly renovated rooms soon.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
The Delta Halifax was very clean and comfortable. It is ideally located for taking in the events of downtown Halifax.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am happy to hear you had a clean comfortable stay with us. It is wonderful that our location suited your travels so well. We hope to welcome you back soon!
4 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Nice hotel great location"
Great! Would recommend this hotel! Close to everything
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us and our location met your travel needs. Thank you for the kind review and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Isa
"Comfy, generic but "well worth it" hotel room"
Great lobby. Lovely room. A tad small but had great sleep in king sized bed. Stubbed toe hard on couch. My own fault. Pizza guy found it easy enough. A bit hard to find based one one way streets if you aren't local. Would stay again.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great sleep in our beds. I am so sorry about your toe and hope it feels better. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Decent"
Good view, though realize over highway. Room was in okay condition, couple near broken handles and switches etc
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am happy to hear you enjoyed one of our rooms with a view. I am sorry to hear about the maintenance issues you ran into and will pass along this information with our maintenance team to get these resolved. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
jackie
"Ok for a night"
The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel room needs a major overhaul. Well maintained but it has aging decor.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am happy to hear our staff were friendly and provided helpful service. We understand your concern regarding our room condition and are happy to share with you that our property is listed for renovations. Upon completion our rooms and spaces will provide some of the most modern designed and tech-enabled areas available. We hope to welcome you back to newly renovated rooms soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
"Located in prime location for downtown."
Parking was easy access; hotel was close to waterfront and Citadel Hill. No noise and clean rooms with a great pool!
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear you had no trouble with parking and that our location suited your travels in the downtown area. I am happy to hear you enjoyed how clean your room was and that you enjoyed our pool as well! Thank you again for such a kind review, and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Carla
"A treat for myself."
The hotel condition is exceptional. The issue with parking needs a better solution- choice to walk through parkade to access your vehicle while paying $22 for one night needs to be reviewed or valet for $25. Don't know if the front desk person was new or something else, but there was a number of key item that weren't communicated adequately. I had to seek out info that I should have been provided. I've stayed at this hotel n chose to return because of the hotel staff n services. Didn't need to park in past so unaware if this 'parking' situation is new. Am hoping that my experience was a one-off. Would recommend this hotel for your stay.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear that our staff and services continue to bring you back to stay with us. I can understand your frustration with the parking. Our front office team has been working on perfecting a map/ directions to and from the parkade. We hope to welcome you back soon!
1 night trip Aug 13, 2015
Jackie
The hotel was fine. It is a bit older so it is starting to show it's age. The rooms are fairly cramped for the price. A newer hotel at the same price would certainly have a bigger room. Also electrical outlets were not conveniently placed, another sign of the age.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. We understand your concern and we are happy to share with you that our property is listed for renovations. Upon completion our rooms and spaces will provide some of the most modern designed and tech-enabled areas available. We hope to welcome you back to newly updated rooms soon!
1 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2015
"facilities need to be maintained"
Not good. The parking garage had water. The room ambiance was not pleasing. Access to room area on first floor was challenging. Not worth the price
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am sorry to hear your room was overall not pleasing. Our first floor is laid out differently than the others due to more space. We understand your concern regarding our room condition and are happy to share with you that our property is listed for renovations. Upon completion our rooms and spaces will provide some of the most modern designed and tech-enabled areas available. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to newly renovated rooms soon.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Best location in halifax. Close to everything"
Quick family trip to catch a game of national basketball chships that our son was playing in. Good price, great location and clean room.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am so happy to hear that our location, price and clean rooms added to your family trip, and we hope your sons team won their championships! We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Joel
"Excellent Digs"
Stayed 2 nights. Very comfortable, good location and excellent service. All front desk personnel plus dining room very attentive and personable.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am so happy to hear you were very comfortable in your room and that our location suited your travels. We strive to give excellent service to our guests everyday, so I am beyond happy to hear that we were very attentive and personable with you. We hope to welcome you back to the Delta soon!
2 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Vivian
"Very close to downtown Halifax"
A friend and I wanted to meet up with some friends in Halifax; we didn't really want to sleep on couches, so we looked for a hotel in the downtown area, and found a great one for a good price.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay with us, and that our location offered such easy access to everything you wanted to do downtown. Thank you for your feed back about our parking directions, we will look into steps we can take to improve these directions. We appreciate feedback like this as this helps us prevent further confusion for all of our guest. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Geoff
"View of Harbour and citadel hill"
Had a nice overnight stay.Great location as many attractions nearby.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay. I am also happy to hear that our location suited your visit so well and you were able to enjoy the harbour and attractions. We hope to welcome you back soon!
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Everything was great. When my son told the person at the front desk, upon check in, that it was his birthday, they sent brownies and Perrier to his room. Nice touch!
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
"Would definitely stay here again"
Right in downtown Halifax. Right where you want to be.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
Scot
My son and I spent a few days enjoying the activities in Halifax and on the waterfront. We could walk everywhere! After a long day of walking it was great to kick back in the pool. The only thing I missed was not having the hot-tub...it was being repaired :( We also did not really like the food in the restaurant AND it was very pricey!
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Our stay was very good.
2 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2015
Pearl
Great location, just a short walk to the water front and great restaurants and pubs. Room was very clean, A/C unit very loud and hard to keep room at a comfortable temp. Great gym in the hotel but hot tub was out of service.
4 night trip Jul 25, 2015
Hotel was conveniently located to the waterfront, and downtown. Easy walking distance to restaurants, and attractions.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear our location made your stay great, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
All was fine but you should have coin laundry facilities. The giant parking lot could be clearer about where to park for the hotel and shortest route to the exit.
2 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Quiet, clean , comfortable and convenient location"
Quick nights sleep before flight home - hotel was quiet , clean and comfortable - recommend to anyone who needs place to stay the night before flying out of Halifax
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Sherri
"Ok"
We were late checking in and still hade to wait over 45 minutes for our room to be ready and with a 2 year old that is very difficult. When we finally got to our room only half of it was ready. Guests services were very slow. The bed was comfortable and the parking people were fantastic.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Adam
"Gave our room away!"
We booked a harbour view room with a king size bed for our anniversary for two nights. Upon arrival they gave our room away and stuck us in a twin room across from the fitness room! Dirty trick! They said they often oversell rooms expecting a percentage not to show up. I was very displeased.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Delta Halifax with us. I sincerely apologize that on you did not receive the harbour view, king bed room your reserved. This is not the welcoming experience you deserve when arriving to Delta Halifax, and I am so sorry for the impact this must have had on your Anniversary. This is certainly not the quality of service you should expect when choosing Delta Hotels, and I hope we have the opportunity to make this poor experience up to you in the future.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Only thing I was disappointed in you didn't have Sting Ray Music on the TV. The radio was very poor quality. The rest of the stay was very good. Thnx!
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
LAURIER
"Great location in HalifAX"
great LOCATION IN Halifax AND STAFF VERY ACCOMMODATING. Had a great stay at the hotel.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am so happy to hear our staff were so accommodating and that you had such a great stay! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Sherwood
"Great hotel in a great location"
We stayed 3 nights & it was fantastic! The staff were friendly & helpful. One evening it was a bit rainy & cold, our daughter was hoping for some hot chocolate. We stopped in at the restaurant & they made her a Starbucks hot chocolate (with whip cream)...compliments of the hotel. The rooms were very comfortable & clean...our only complaint was the noise of the air conditioner. The location was great...walking distance to everything we wanted to see, restaurants & the wharf. We would definitely recommend this hotel.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience at Delta Halifax, and that our staff were so friendly and helpful. We are especially delighted to hear your daughter was able to warm up with a delicious hot chocolate on a cold dreary day with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next trip to Halifax.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Great location - restful stay"
This was convenient and had a great breakfast buffet with lots of great healthy and tasty choices
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. We are delighted that your had a great stay, and enjoyed our delicious breakfast buffet. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when you return to Halifax.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Sherri
Great Hotel downtown Halifax with a very friendly staff...Food was great also.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
Gerard
"Great staff"
The Hotel was decently nice. The Staff were excellent. Great location.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. We are delighted to hear our staff were excellent, that our location suited your stay so well, and that our rooms were nice. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
sherry
Friendly,courteous and helpful staff.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear our staff were so friendly, helpful and courteous! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. We hope to welcome you back soon!
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"A bit pricey if you are on a travel budget"
great location in the heart of downtown. Room was spacious and very comfortable.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Melanie
We were in Halifax for a family vacation. The hotel was very nice for the price and the staff was excellent. Located right downtown, it was a short walk to many restaurants and attractions.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Josh
"Ok"
Booked through hotels.com we were supposed to have two double a d a pull out couch, didn't, they put a cot and wanted to charge for that, found out the day after parking was 21 dollars a night. Few disappointments, but we did have a good trip to Halifax.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Mario
"Halifax stay..."
Centrally located, within walking distance to most major downtown sites, including the wonderful Boardwalk. Beds are very soft, pricey restaurant attached. A little tricky driving in and out of town. A good nav system will get you out of and into tow n, even if miss a turn or two.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am so happy to hear our location, and beds made for a good stay. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Harris
"Great hotel!"
It was a great hotel,close to harbour,restaurants and shopping. The staff was very helpful.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am so happy to hear our hotel, and its location made your stay so great. I am delighted that our staff were so friendly and helpful! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Halifax!
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
cathy
"good hotel, close to everything"
Very good hotel. The only problem was that the room was booked as it said it could accommodate FIVE people. It was two double-beds (no pullout). We had to "upgrade" (for extra cost) to get a room that was capable of holding our family of five. It was in a prime location, though, close to everything. And the staff were pleasant.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Darren
"close to downtown"
it was a good stay,enjoyed the help from the staff.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear you had a good stay and that our staff were so helpful. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Old tired facility, but cose to everything"
staff very friendly other than restaurant which was slow and understaffed. Rooms are a good size, but tired and in need of updating furniture was worn wallpaper was faded and peeling. all day was serenaded to jackhammers breaking concrete in parkaide, noise from jackhammers was so load in health club could not use it in peace. Hotel is close to everything
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. Thank you for your feedback regarding our restaurant. This is certainly not the service your should expect when dining in a Delta Restaurant and I have passed this along to our Food & Beverage Manager so they can ensure proper staffing levels. We understand your concern regarding our room condition and are happy to share with you that our property is listed for renovations. Upon completion our rooms and spaces will provide some of the most modern designed and tech-enabled areas available. Again thank you for your review, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to newly renovated room soon.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Delta Halifax booking by internet reviews only"
From the start at reception for check in, most welcoming and knowledgeable on our numerous questions..Room was quiet ,clean.and spacious. Lobster supper in the restaurant was amazing.4 course for a very reasonable price.Lovely swimming pool.
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with Delta Halifax. It is a pleasure to know you received such a warm welcome, and that our staff were so knowledgeable. I am happy to hear you enjoyed how clean and spacious your room was. I am happy your trip was during Lobster season, allowing you to experience our fresh Maritime Lobster supper deal, which is certainly a treat! Thank you again for such a kind review, and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
Mary and Keith
"so so in Halifax"
Loud outside noise and from other guests. Toilet didn't work; had to change rooms.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Hotel rooms a lil dated, but everything else is great!
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I am delighted to hear your stay was great, and hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
christa
Great pool ,jacuzzi ang sauna . Wonderful welcome , good hospitality nice people
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Delta Halifax, and for your kind review. I am delighted to hear you arrived to a wonderful welcome and nice staff. I am also happy to hear our pool, jacuzzi and sauna made your stay even better! We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
pogs
I stayed at this hotel for a week for a conference. Our conference rate was almost $80 per night more than the rate on hotels.com!
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Delta Halifax. I hope your conference went well, and am happy to hear you found a good rate for your stay. When conferences do not pick up the amount of rooms they have contracted we then turn to our 3rd party vendors to help us sell these rooms for discounted prices. I am happy you were able to take advantage of these last minute discounts. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Kristi
Stayed in room 630. Poor view, but we weren't there to look out the window :)
Response by Delta Halifax
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Delta Halifax. We offer many different room types with incredible harbour views at our property, and hope to welcome you back soon to these views on your next trip to Halifax. Thank you again for your kind review.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"night out with friends"
Awesome as usual close to everything downtown
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
The staffs in this hotel is helpful and nice. I booked standard room with two double beds, the room is comfort and quiet.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"A weekend away"
Nice central location. Good service from arrival to departure.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Gerald
"Make sure you get what you paid for"
We had paid for a certain room and when we got there, way past check-in time, our room still wasn't ready. We were given a cheaper room, while we still paid for the expensive room.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015