All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3201 Steiner St, San Francisco, CA, 94123, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.6
"So-so place"
Nice people and very friendly, but the room was not ready at 3pm when promised. I was given a different room that was ready for use. The internet connection for Greenwich Inn did not work.. The proprietor gave me his personal internet connection and the password. The proprietor parked his car behind guest cars from time to time, causing concern in case a guest might need to move their car. There was a replaced toilet on the sidewalk outside my room for an entire day. Very tacky. Despite keeping the electronic key safe from other magnetics, it didn’t work on the last evening and I had to have the proprietor reset the strip and then come to my room to open the door. There is a general feeling of non-professionalism that replaces a sense of good business practice, a sort of laid-back attitude that would make me look elsewhere for a room the next time. Good point: I was able to park my car there without an additional fee.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Close to the beach"
The attendant was horrible, super rude! He was not friendly at all!
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Interesting location restaurants, good street life"
Fun area to be in. Hotel is a bit "motel-ish" but the room are clean and basic. Wi fi usually works and is free. Great area for local life. Safe.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Ric
9 of us went on a HWY 1 road trip and this hotel was the most expensive and least nice. I'm sure that the expense is because of the location, but it was more than double other places we stayed and it could really use some new carpet. Sheets were clean, but floors were stained.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
"Customer Service is lacking"
We got in to town around 1:30pm and tried to check into our room and was told "3:00pm". So I asked if there was a room available to check in early. "NO". So we left and spent some time on the waterfront. And came back to check in. The room was better than I expected and the neighborhood was nice. I probably would not stay there again based on the rude customer service and the noisy fan in the room.
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2014
Rodney
"Good Location"
The location is very convenient to the Marina District and Fisherman's Wharf and the free parking is a huge plus. The place itself is pretty basic, but should be expected for the price. Service is a little iffy too.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Cheap"
The staff could not find my reservation and made it seem like he was going to charge me again. Walls paper thin. Beds were extremely uncomfortable.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Old hotel no air condition, dirty."
Columbus st Stock ton China town 2455 raílroad ave livermoore California Free wheel Bike shop 914 Valencia st san Francisco 766 Not recomendad. I leave same night.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Just don't!"
No. No, no, no! Just do not do it! No air, shower didn't drain, smelled funky, little, old & creepy. NO!
1 night family trip May 15, 2014
"Good deal for the price"
The room still had items left from the previous occupants, but was clean nonetheless. The location was perfect for my needs and the price was very affordable for the area. If your on a budget and love the Marina district and all of the great eateries, this is the place to stay.
1 night business trip May 11, 2014
george
"The Greenwich Inn: Where Guests are Tolerated"
Reasonably priced but I had trouble with the customer service & the room. When I arrived at 3pm to check in, there was no one at the counter. So I called their number & asked if anyone was going to be here soon. He told me check in was 3pm. I looked at my watch: It read 3:08. I told him I was aware of that & hung up. A couple was also waiting to check in. I left for a few minutes & came back & a surly man was checking them in, not making eye contact with them. They finished & checked me in, not making eye contact. When I asked him simple follow up questions, like "Is there a password for the free wifi?", he answered as if I were putting him off. When I went to my room there was a chair keeping my room door ajar & there were flies in the room. The room was tiny, barely enough room for a bed. There was a strange hole in the wall hastily covered with caulk next to my bed. Only one accessible power outlet. The bathroom fan was loud, like standing close to a fan on high loud. I went outside to bring in more stuff & ran into the couple from the counter & we talked about how unfriendly the surly man was. I went back into my room to relax & for an hour all I could hear was a young girl yelling outside my door. The walls were paper thin. My two night stay was mostly fine as I was only there to sleep. I was asked to re-check in the second day (paid for two days separately- expedia). I walked over to the counter hesitantly then. A friendly woman was there. Was there at check out too.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Mario
"Won't come back again"
Well, I know if I start to complain, people will say, for such a price, what do u expect. I guess in a way, you are right. However, to be honest, I would suggest you all not to save that $20 or $30, I'm sure for $120-130, u'll be able find another place much more decent. This place has no microwave, no fridge, bed sheet is terrible, the underlining sheet keep moving out of it place, I keep waking up due to discomfort and has to make my bed over and over. The blanket just looks dirty, I didn't even bother to use it. And there pillow were just so short! One night, all the electric circuit in one side of the wall just failed to work all of a sudden, we had to reboot TV and had no light in bathroom for a while until problem got fixed. I would definitely pay $120 and up for a better place next time I come to SF.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Needs TLC"
I would find a better place to book even if your on a budget. First of all, the hotel is a LONG way from any BART station. I ended up taking a hotel shuttle the next morning which was a much more conveniant and a better deal. The rooms are OLD and in dire need of a facelift. The bathroom barely has room for one person and the shower door only opens halfway due to the size. If you want a hot shower, you will have to run the water for 20 minutes to even get lukewarm. The TV is an old console that i could never figure out how to turn on. Forget the AC and vent. It just makes tons of noise but never seemed to cool or heat the room. There is a ton of outside noise from traffic to people talking all night. Its just an old rundown motel that has seen much better days. On a plus side, their are quite a few good restaurants and bars within a short walk and the Golden Gate bridge is closeby. The front office hotel staff was very friendly also.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
"Highly Unrecommended."
The pillows were the worst I've ever seen. The carpet was so dirty, I didn't want to walk on it with my bare feet.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"okay place in good location"
The check in went smoothly, but we had problems with the wifi and insisted to get a room with good wifi connection. We were moved to a room with two queen size beds instead of only one, which of course was very nice. Unfortunately we had to stand outside the door to make it work. Besides the internet problems we had a great stay, the neighbourhood is nice and there's a lot of shops and restaurants only a few blocks away.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Just ... Don't ..."
Find somewhere else to stay if you can. The location is great but parking is limited. Hotel rooms are decent size and clean but the bathroom is tiny. Also in our room the TV didn't work. I personally wouldn't stay here again for $90 a night.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
"One of the best values in town"
Great staff and pleasant demeanor. They seem to be conscientious about the hotel and guests. The Greenwich Inn is a clean, reasonable hotel in the Marina District of San Francisco, which is a great find, particularly if you frequent the Bay Area. One of the most pleasant Innkeepers I have encountered.
1 night trip Apr 10, 2014
Benjamin Reid
"Needs renovations"
This poor little inn is in desperate need of a facelift. We stayed 3 nights. First the pros: comfortable bed, fridge in room, room was clean but the carpet and furniture was so old, staff was friendly and helpful, free parking, and the location is fantastic. Now, the cons...the tv didn't work, no hot water until 9 pm, hole in ceiling, room light did not work, missing a lamp shade, and one hand towel for the two of us. We insisted that they move us and the general manager was very accommodating. He wanted to move us into a bigger room but it stunk of cigarette smoke. The GM tried to air it out for us but to no avail. Another room was not available until the next day. The next morning we didn't have hot water again until 8 am. While we were out during the day, the staff moved our stuff into another room. It was a little bigger than our last one but the carpet was so old and stained. It did have two fridges and a microwave. Who needs two fridges? The tv worked so my husband was able to watch the Masters. We found a couple other hotels in the same area that looked really good but were $50 more a night so will be staying at one of them next time.
3 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
Gina
"Nice hotel close to Golden Gate and Pier 39"
Very friendly and helful staff. No luxury, but clean rooms. Free parking is a plus!!!
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
Mila
"Staff not helpful"
The hotel is OK close to Golden Gate, but not so close to downtown. The staff was really unhelpful, barely answering questions and talking to people.
2 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"Fantastic location!"
Great area, nice stop of on our road trip. We would definitely stay here again!
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Cherice
"The worst hotel I've ever had"
I spent one night in this hotel. I will never come there again. Old and terrible noisy heater didn't let me sleep all night long. Old dirty carpet. The lamps next to the bed were dusty and didn't work. The owner needs to make a grand reconstruction before letting people stay there. Only parking was fine. Huge disappointment for $75.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Over Night in SF"
Nice quiet place, good price, close to food, and work
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
"will not stay here again"
will not stay here again
2 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2014
"Simple Stay"
I am one of those traveleres that usually stays in hostels unless i'm with a group. We drove up to SF from LA and just needed a simple place to shower and crash. This place is in a great location. And the absolute best part--- FREE parking! It is one of the main reasons we stayed here. It was a nice area, quieter than the union square area. The hotel could use some basic renovations, like a paintjob, but other than that you get a clean room, clean shower, nice location to walk back to at any hour of the night, and free parking on the premises!
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"keep driving"
Front desk is very rude..beds were hard. Never going back
1 night family trip Jan 27, 2014
Nicole
"In the heart of the Marina District. Close to bus."
Within walking distance to a plethora of restarunts.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
Cheri
"Tomato Tomata"
I will say that this place wasn't that bad. One of the big perks is that parking is included with your reservation which is a big plus since parking in the city can be very tricky on any weekend. The staff was friendly and the location was great! It is within walking distance to everything in the marina district. So why only 3 out of 5 you ask? I have been to multiple Inns before, and relatively speaking I knew what I was getting myself into. For being a last minute trip, and the room for the price that it was; it wasn't that bad. However, I did expect a little bit more from it. The room itself was pretty small, the carpet and bedding looked like a blast from the past; and the TV was pretty old school but it did have SAT. Everything worked which was nice; but there were other issues. The lighting is motion sensor activated so if you move in your sleep (like I do) that light is going to come on. I didn't have anything to cover the sensor itself so I just dealt with it. The bed on the other hand was pretty comfy (not the comfiest but still nice). The other flaw i had was that there weren't any full sized towels in our bathroom. I am a guy so not that big of a deal, but ladies you will have to ask for more of them for your hair if those are the only sizes available. In the end, this place was a great place to sleep (pit stop); but would I come here again? Probably not; but if I was a student or on a tighter budget then yes I would.
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2014
"Very nice place!"
Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. Our room was very nice and comfortable. It had everything you need to rest. Everything worked properly. I was surprised to see many negative comments about this hotel. I didn't see anything I didn't like. It was Nice! Very low price and perfect location! We were very happy and wasn't dissapointed! If you are looking for something simple and not expensive, this is the place to stay.
2 night trip Jan 13, 2014
Anastasia
"Nice Overall Location"
This place was fairly quite, but located not too far away from fun spots downtown.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
"Excellent opportunity for someone on a budget"
The staff are kind and honest, the room was clean even if non-glamorous. I especially appreciated the attention given to cleanliness of the bathroom and bedsheets. I was made to feel welcome and would definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Nov 29, 2013
Todd
"close to lots of shops resturants Fishermans Warf"
enjoyable except for next door neighbors trying to knock a hole in the wall all night, the office is size 6x6 enough room for one person at a time to stand at the desk and quite ratty with a rack of honeybuns on the wall and a coffee pot? im sure there were some cups and cream and sugar as well but didnt see them, had to peep through a hole in the wall and ring a bell to wake someone up after hours? to ask a question or get extra coffee for the room... it was around the block from good resturants and lots of activity and despite the office schrade we would stay there again
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Grant
"hotel is ok, customer service not so good"
I only expect a clean bed, hot water shower and a television that at least has the local networks. That is not expecting much as far as facilities. As for service, I don't expect the ritz carlton at these prices, but I do expect service with a smile. I just got grumpy answers with unhappy face.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
Toe Knee
"You get what you pay for"
Excellent location. Somewhat noisy at night. Friendly staff. Would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
"cheep motel"
It's ok if you lower your expectation to a very minimum and just need a bed to spend the night. Looks and feels like the very bad freeway motel. Location is not that great either - you have to drive to everywhere and you know haw messed up are the streets/traffic in SF + ridiculously expensive parking (finding a paid/meter spot on the street could be quite challenging as well). So considering all that and if you can afford to spend a few more $ for better place/location - i would suggest getting a nicer hotel!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Travels A'Lot
This hotel is not worth the money, water in bathroom doesn't go quickly while taking shower, location is good, may b they r charging for d location, there r other hotels which shud b explored first, this didn't feel like a hotel.
3 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Srini angalkudru
No air condition.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Clean, decent hotel. I stayed for one night before I had to leave the next morning. Lights in bathroom and bedroom were on a timer/motion detector. Nice service. Slightly sketchy area, but close to a big road and populated area. The bedding was slightly thin, but acceptable. My room had a TV, refrigerator, one-shot coffee maker, hairdryer, and a sightseeing book on the nightstand. I would be willing to stay there again if I needed to stay cheaply.
1 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Kira
"Great location, clean, parking, and good deal"
I stayed here with my family. For the money, I'd highly recommend this place. The location is right in the Marina by many great restaurants, shops, and a nice neighborhood. We rented a car and parking was not a problem although sometimes the hotel lot was full and we could not park there, so I had to drive around a bit to find an open spot. All in all, if you are on a strict budget, this hotel will not disappoint you. The other guests seemed pretty decent while we were there which was a relief because my wife and I have a young son. I was a bit worried there'd be a bunch of transients staying there as it is SF, but this is not the case. We did not spend much time at the hotel anyway as we tried to experience as much of the Bay Area as possible, but it was an ideal place to rest at night and regroup.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Anthony
"Average, nothing more or less"
Advantage: free parking, great location, affordable Disadvantage: place worn out and old, not the cleanest place ever, and although affordable I think the price could be less for what's offered. All in all: average
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
Eddy
"Great area, nice place to stay for its price"
Stayed at the Greenwich Inn for two nights, but I've booked another few nights. The Marina district first of all is a pleasant area, quite free of crazy people and homeless people. If you're going to pay the same price to stay in downtown SF, stay in the Marina district. You'll feel safer, and won't have people screaming in the middle of the night. I was given a compact room with just about everything I needed - nice bed, nice pillows, hangers, mini-fridge, shower, heater and some coffee. IT was lacking a strong Wi-Fi connection though, which was a downside - had to go close to the window and open the blinds to get better connection. The room was tidy though, the sheets were white and no stains on the floor. Funny desks though - one was too low for the chair, and the other was too high. Not that it affected my travels or anything. The manager was very kind, always open to questions and giving me pleasant answers. There's a bus two blocks down that takes you down to mission street, and there's also a coin laundry close by. You can walk North East-wards to view the Golden Gate Bridge. If anything, I wasn't staying in very good places for the past few days, but this place made me feel much safer, and good value for its price.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
"Good location in marina"
Was what I needed for one night..
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Super cheap for great local"
I enjoyed it places to eat walking distance and with difficulty finding parking in san fran it's nice this place provides parking.
2 night trip Nov 25, 2013
"No Heat"
I was unable to turn the thermostat on at the hotel and it was quite cold when I woke up the next morning. I don't know if I just looked at it wrong, or if it was completely broken but made for a cold morning.
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
"Thumbs down"
Dirty , noisy, peeling paint, furnace so loud we couldn't turn it on. Light flickered constantly when on. Not enough parking. Office/ breakfast didn't open at eight as published . Etc etc
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
"Room was basic - clean and a fit"
Experience was very pleasant. I was here for a Dreamforce conference that had 140,000 folks in attendance. I booked it through Expedia but I accidentally booked through Tuesday versus Wed. The staff were very helpful to add a day on and stay a bit later. Room was clean. A few paint issues but good. Basic TV, Internet were helpful. Off of Union Street and this allow you to take the 45 bus into downtown that was convenient. While not the Ritz Carlson, I was not in need of that but a pleasant room where I could sleep and relax. The Greenwich Inn met that need.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"Not bad for the price"
Very good location, extremely nice operators, helped me out with bag storage in their personal living quarters while I was gone for the day after checkout and they booked me a shuttle to the airport. The bed was fine but the table I was working on was small and low, the height of the chair I was sitting in. It was quiet, the beds were comfortable, there were a lot of towels, wash clothes, soap and shampoo provided.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Great location for the event we were attending."
Great customer service. We arrived around 11:30 pm and staff was very nice. Allowed us a late checkout without extra charge. It is in a loud area of town with lots of nightlife. Since we were there to do the Mermaid run series @ 5:30 am, we did not partake:). We were able to sleep despite the noise. For the price, it was worth it compared to other places around the area. The only drawback is that I would have liked a thicker blanket. The mini fridge in the room is a plus.
Other trip Nov 16, 2013
"Good location but not that comfy"
The Inn is placed conveniently near Fisherman's Wharf and the Golden Gate. However, it was a rather odd stay. The innkeeper enter our room without knocking with his pass card, the light in the bathroom goes out if you stay too long, and it was cold... The beds were good and the TV had plenty programs, just that it would be nice to have more blankets. The parking lot is small, it's first come, first serve. If you just need a room to sleep and plan to be out all day, that you can accept some drawbacks, and have a limited budget, it's not that bad a deal.
3 night romance trip Nov 4, 2013
"Close to Union and Chestnut Street/happening spot"
good price/good value quiet room
Other trip Nov 12, 2013