All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
3201 Steiner St, San Francisco, CA, 94123, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Service is adequate
    Dirty
    Bad breakfast
    Bad internet service
    Room is not nice
"sales manager"
motel is good bud it is to far from convenction
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Nayan
"Great location and the staff were so nice"
We were not sure when we first booked this hotel, we got there, the room was lovely and the staff were so super nice. I would recommend this and I will be back. GREAT AREA AS WELL
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Lani
"Meh"
Run down hotel in a prime location. Noisy due to proximity to fire station. Apathetic staff.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Daniela
"Meh"
You can look at a stay at the Greenwich Inn being 50/50. It's in a decent location not far from the palace of the fine arts, Crissy Field, GGB and other San Francisco attractions. There is a nice little market and many restaurants close by in case you are hungry. Once major downside to the location of the Greenwich Inn is the fire station located less than a block away. The hotel staff is quite apathetic not very knowledgeable or willing to do anything. one thing that kind of bugged me was the strong smell of spices in the hotel. The smell lingered on and after a while I got used to it but if those type of things bother you be prepared. The overall physical condition of the room is pretty bad. It feels as if they rushed the "fixes". The carpet is beyond dirty and has many burns on it. There are many holes on the walls and electrical covers that haven't been fastened. So if you are staying here on a windy day don't freak out it's just a draft. The room could benefit from a paint job. The restroom was clean but the fact that the toilet seat was old and worn made it look dirty. Finally, no bed bugs.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Daniela
"Marina area"
Great location, Many places within close walking distance. It was beautiful day. If you're someone who travels with a lot, it's not for you. Free Parking a real plus in the City.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Nice bathroom"
Bathroom is nice but the bedroom is so uncomfortable
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"One night stay, not a big deal."
One night stay for thanksgiving. It was cool. I wasn't expecting the Belagio.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Better than it looks"
Good value for money. Wonderful neighborhood.
1 night trip with friends Dec 5, 2014
Dominicus
The room had a lot of things missing or broken, including the fire detector. It was close to many restaurants and bars.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Nice neighborhood, chilly room"
Staff was very friendly, but the room itself was cold and there were long black hairs from the previous guest still on the bedding. The room's "heater" was a small 6" x 8" portable fan, which only heated the space immediately surrounding it, so I had it propped next to the bed. The "in-room coffee" was a 4-cup coffee maker with no pot, just paper coffee cups. However, just a quick walk across the street off Chestnut are two local coffee shops. The electrical outlet by the desk vanity did not work. The neighborhood is excellent if you don't mind a chilly room and a little dirt.
2 night business trip Dec 4, 2014
Emily
When calling to confirm and inquire about a late check-in, the phone was answered with a "hello". Nothing else. Had to call twice to have my questions answered. Both calls were answered the same way. No identification of where I was calling. The room was very noisy with loud music and slamming doors all night long. There was a refrigerator in the room, not expected but a pleasant surprise, which upon being opened smelled horrible! Discovered that it was not even plugged in. We had to leave the room for a while until the smell dissipated.
Janet
"Economical hotel right in the city."
I called the morning we were to arrive and told them we would arrive at 10 p.m. They were fine with that. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was sufficient off-street parking. The next day they said it would be fine to leave our car in their parking lot after checkout while exploring the city. It was old but clean, and a little better than average for a budget motel. I recommend it.
"Clean, quiet, well located"
Very friendly staff, room was clean and comfortable. It's basic but has all you need. Great location near the marina and tons of cool restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel is in a quiet block and we had no trouble sleeping. Free parking was available even on the weekend so no complains there. Great value.
Art
"Perfect"
Staff was very polite and helpful. The neighborhood perfect. Clean room.
1 night trip Nov 11, 2014
ottavia
"okHoodTerribleWiFiDOESNOTWORK...!!"
they have WiFi, yes, but the system DID NOT WORK.... i find such at various cheap hotels, that, yes, they have WiFi, but it Does NOT Work... this is a terrible inconvenience. Secondly there was NO HEAT in the room... i was there for 3 nights, and the first 2 mornings woke up it was freezing in the room. finally i remembered to ask the office, and they did give me some floor heating blower which was better. Plus i found more blankets and added them to the bed. But it was inconvenient also....
3 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
"moved to Motel Capri"
I arrived to the Greenwich only to be moved down the street couple of blocks to the Motel Capri because the power was out etc. Great hotel and I will stay there in the future.
3 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
"Nice Hotel, well placed :-)"
Nice Hotel in the center of many things, Steiner street is well placed, around the corner on Lombard St. you will find Mels drive-in, they have the most fantastic breakfast. Good place to stay. Peter Jepsen, Denmark.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Mona
"Bad recomendation from hotel.com"
Terrible everything i will never get this hotel because is motel im upset
1 night trip Nov 6, 2014
"Greenwich inn stay"
I had a great time, the staff were amazing and very helpful! They told us some of the great places to go and had guides everywhere ready to go, including a map of the city every time we came back to our room. We weren't too worried about the cable, and I'm sure they would have fixed it had we had of asked
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Lots of no's"
No air, no light, no towel rack, no latch on shower door, no sound insulation from other rooms, no one in the office. On a positive note, it is located on a quiet side street with a small market across the street. The shower had great water pressure and plenty of heat.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Marty
"Good deal"
I was pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Greenwich Inn. The price was so much lower than some of the other hotels I was looking at, I was sure it would be filthy and gross. The room and bed were clean and comfortable. The free parking was also a huge bonus when visiting San Francisco. We parked the car and were able to either walk or take the bus anywhere we wanted to go. The place is nothing fancy. I would recommend ear plugs to block out street noises at night, and the help at the desk could certainly stand to be a little friendlier.I would not hesitate to stay to hear again. It was a good value.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
karen
"Not a good place to stay"
The hotel was very old, the bathroom floor was stickily would not walk on it without shoes. The hair dryer did not work, the phone was gone, there was no clock. Internet never worked. Should have moved to another hotel if not busy. Would tell people to spend more money and get a hotel where they care about the people who stay there.....
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
william
"Bring Earplugs!"
Pros:Dude at the front desk was cool. Free parking was tight spaced but appreciated. It was nice to have mels drive in and ihop near by for breakfast. Cons: Only one accessible power outlet (at least in my room. W alls are paper thin. Lots of people a car traffic) in the morning. Also you can hear people prepping their coffee maker (to give you some idea). Bring earplugs if you want to sleep. No A/C or built in heater but staff left a fan and space heater for us.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Anonymous
"What a dump!"
Room was overpriced, dark,depressing, and stuffy. No AC. There were holes in the wall where a lamp used to be. The smoke detector was hanging by its wires, no towel rack or hook in the bathroom. The light switch was FILTHY! The front desk staff was indifferent. Don't stay there!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Never again"
The bed was nice. the hardness level was good. The lighting system was on motion detectors and timers. Every time I sat up in the bed the light went on. My choice was to wait it out or get up and turn it off. When taking a shower the light went out in the bathroom before either of us were finished. The room was small and dificult to get around. The bathroom was even smaller. On the second day there were no towels left in the room. I went to the office to get some and was told that the maids were not there yet and the towels were across the street. I suggested that he go and get them. About 15 minutes he finally did. The TV could not be turned on or off with the remote. The volume could not be controled with the remote. The second day we never were able to get the TV on to TV. When I had the desk operator he tried for about 30 seconds and said he had to get the "Technical". After this we both took a shower, got dressed and went to breakfast. When we returned we packed and never saw the "Technical", and it was about 2 1/2 hours later. Final comment never again and I would not recommend to an enemy much less a friend.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Pat
"Bed Bugs! Old Beds!! No WiFI!!!"
We were excited to stay in SF near the Marina. Great deal at $150+/night so we thought. But two things a motel/hotel cannot have are BED BUGS and an uncomfortable bed. We escaped without too many bites the first night so we didn't think much of it until our neighbor came out screaming about the bed bugs. When we got home after the second night, we noticed quite a few more bites. Hopefully these nasty little buggers didn't hitch a ride back to our house...ugh...Also, if you're going to upgrade anything at all in a motel, the first thing should be the bed. You shouldn't feel the bedsprings poking through. And while I enjoy curry probably more than the next guy, it shouldn't be the overpowering smell of curry that welcomes you in a motel registration office. And please don't advertise free WiFi when it doesn't work at all. We can connect but nothing happens. We basically paid $300+ for our two sleepless night stay to be buffet for the bed bugs. Skip this motel!
2 night romance trip Sep 14, 2014
"Beware, Do not stay here!!!"
The overall cleanliness of the room was horrible, ciggarette burns all over the floor. No A/C they give you fans to keep cool which are very dirty that just blow dust all over the room. Most importanly our room had Bed Bugs...we actually killed three bugs on our second night and got bit as well. Plus, the housekeeping lady just walked in our room at 8:30 in the morning even after we yelled "no thank you". This hotel does provide any do not disturb signs so this does not occur. Also, no one is at the front desk at all times in case you need extra towels or blankets.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Christina
Great location! A little pricey for condition of hotel. If u just want a decent place with no frills it's ok.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Ron
"OK for the value"
This hotel is very fairly priced. In comparison to other San Francisco hotels, it is about half the cost, but you get what you pay for. Definitely a budget room, but with two clean beds and an operational bathroom. Requests for early check-in and late departure were both granted by friendly office staff.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
monica
"Friendly Staff, nice location"
Really friendly staff, got upgraded to a 3-bed room. Walking distance from golden gate, many restaurants in the neighborhood.
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Nori
"OVER PRICED AND IN NEED OF REPAIR"
SAN FRANCISCO HOTELS KNOW THAT DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH CHARGING OUTRAGEOUS PRICES WITHOUT HAVING TO OFFER ANY TYPE OF COMFORT TO THEIR GUESTS. THE GREENWICH INN TAKES THIS MIND-SET TO THE TOP LEVEL. WAY OVER-PRICED FOR A ROOM WITHOUT ANY TYPE OF CLIMATE CONTROL, WITH THREAD-BARE CARPETING, OUTDATED AND SMALL BATHROOM FACILITIES AND SMOKE ALARMS THAT ARE HANGING OFF THE WALLS. IF IT WASN'T FOR THE PLEASANT TREATMENT I RECEIVED FROM THE STAFF AND THE FACT THAT THE ROOM, ALTHOUGH THREAD-BARE AND JUST "OLD", WAS CLEAN, I WOULD RATE THIS PLACE AS 'TERRIBLE'!!! THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY OTHER OPTIONS HOTEL/LODGING OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN SAN FRANCISCO TO AT COMPARABLE PRICES TO SELECT OVER THE GREENWICH INN.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
JOE
"Very convenient, not far from Golden Gate Bridge"
At our arrival at the Greenwich Inn, our room was not ready. They sent us to Presidio Inn, two blocks away, to stay up to next day. The Presidio Inn is a very nice, clean and updated, with a nice, quiet, and helpful gentleman. However, we must admit that the Staff at Greenwich is top quality: communicative, friendly and very helpful. The room is very clean.
2 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Lyonel
"close to Fisherman's wharf and Lombard st"
the manager Rick was not very friendly upon checking. Diaz is the only nice one in the front office. the walls to the room are little thin and you can hear people stomping above.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
jen
"Never return"
I paid front desk $8 for a 4 am shuttle to airport. Never showed up. Cost me $58 for a cab.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Unhappy
"Sub standard but safe and cheap"
Noisy, dingy. Good proximity to upscale areas. Price is right.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
anonymous
"Nice hotel for the money!"
Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. Bed is clean and comfy. Front desk woman was very nice and helpful, man not so much. Close to mass transit and ihop! Overall great experience!
"Small and cramped; no a/c"
Ok for the price but won't go back to this hotel. Will pay a little more to stay somewhere nicer
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Location is all this place has going for it..."
Bed uncomfortable, room had cobwebs, pillows were square-like and too thick. Shower head went to abdomen. No A/C. Carpet nasty. Fire alarm hanging off the wall. We were able to make it work, but wouldn't stay again.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Dee
Very good for the price, old but very clean bathrooms and beds, friendly staff, let us park there the whole day.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
cristina
"So-so place"
Nice people and very friendly, but the room was not ready at 3pm when promised. I was given a different room that was ready for use. The internet connection for Greenwich Inn did not work.. The proprietor gave me his personal internet connection and the password. The proprietor parked his car behind guest cars from time to time, causing concern in case a guest might need to move their car. There was a replaced toilet on the sidewalk outside my room for an entire day. Very tacky. Despite keeping the electronic key safe from other magnetics, it didn’t work on the last evening and I had to have the proprietor reset the strip and then come to my room to open the door. There is a general feeling of non-professionalism that replaces a sense of good business practice, a sort of laid-back attitude that would make me look elsewhere for a room the next time. Good point: I was able to park my car there without an additional fee.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Close to the beach"
The attendant was horrible, super rude! He was not friendly at all!
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Interesting location restaurants, good street life"
Fun area to be in. Hotel is a bit "motel-ish" but the room are clean and basic. Wi fi usually works and is free. Great area for local life. Safe.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Ric
9 of us went on a HWY 1 road trip and this hotel was the most expensive and least nice. I'm sure that the expense is because of the location, but it was more than double other places we stayed and it could really use some new carpet. Sheets were clean, but floors were stained.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
"Customer Service is lacking"
We got in to town around 1:30pm and tried to check into our room and was told "3:00pm". So I asked if there was a room available to check in early. "NO". So we left and spent some time on the waterfront. And came back to check in. The room was better than I expected and the neighborhood was nice. I probably would not stay there again based on the rude customer service and the noisy fan in the room.
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2014
Rodney
"Good Location"
The location is very convenient to the Marina District and Fisherman's Wharf and the free parking is a huge plus. The place itself is pretty basic, but should be expected for the price. Service is a little iffy too.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Cheap"
The staff could not find my reservation and made it seem like he was going to charge me again. Walls paper thin. Beds were extremely uncomfortable.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Old hotel no air condition, dirty."
Columbus st Stock ton China town 2455 raílroad ave livermoore California Free wheel Bike shop 914 Valencia st san Francisco 766 Not recomendad. I leave same night.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Just don't!"
No. No, no, no! Just do not do it! No air, shower didn't drain, smelled funky, little, old & creepy. NO!
1 night family trip May 15, 2014
"Good deal for the price"
The room still had items left from the previous occupants, but was clean nonetheless. The location was perfect for my needs and the price was very affordable for the area. If your on a budget and love the Marina district and all of the great eateries, this is the place to stay.
1 night business trip May 11, 2014
george
"The Greenwich Inn: Where Guests are Tolerated"
Reasonably priced but I had trouble with the customer service & the room. When I arrived at 3pm to check in, there was no one at the counter. So I called their number & asked if anyone was going to be here soon. He told me check in was 3pm. I looked at my watch: It read 3:08. I told him I was aware of that & hung up. A couple was also waiting to check in. I left for a few minutes & came back & a surly man was checking them in, not making eye contact with them. They finished & checked me in, not making eye contact. When I asked him simple follow up questions, like "Is there a password for the free wifi?", he answered as if I were putting him off. When I went to my room there was a chair keeping my room door ajar & there were flies in the room. The room was tiny, barely enough room for a bed. There was a strange hole in the wall hastily covered with caulk next to my bed. Only one accessible power outlet. The bathroom fan was loud, like standing close to a fan on high loud. I went outside to bring in more stuff & ran into the couple from the counter & we talked about how unfriendly the surly man was. I went back into my room to relax & for an hour all I could hear was a young girl yelling outside my door. The walls were paper thin. My two night stay was mostly fine as I was only there to sleep. I was asked to re-check in the second day (paid for two days separately- expedia). I walked over to the counter hesitantly then. A friendly woman was there. Was there at check out too.
Other trip May 13, 2014