All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
3737 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92110, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"very old hotel with fair services"
Bad experience and very disappointed given the hotel's generally fair rating from previous travelers. The "free parking" was not free, they charge $15 every day for overnight parking. The "free WiFi" was free but NOT working!! We had to change to a room closer to the lobby but still couldn't get connected. Old windows and we could hear the traffic outside all night long.
3 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
"San Diego vacation"
Everything was pretty good just was not happy to be charged for parking in the hotel I was staying in. I also didn't like that there was only 1 a/c unit for a Jr. suite. The bedroom got hot if the door to the living room area was closed.
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
Jamaal
"Awesome Rooms"
Nice clean rooms I just wish I brought my body pillow that I forgot at home! The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful!
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"The staff was not helpful at all."
Not good. Female staff that checked me in barely looked up. Nothing is complimentary. Even though I arrived at night, there was noone there to assure I got to the room. The directions to the room were unintelligible. I would not recommend it.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"Seven our purpose well"
Went to a Padres game. Ubered to and from, was super easy. The restaurant /bakery was way over priced, but worked in a pinch. Would stay again.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"great place"
I love that they have bunk beds for kids...Have nothing to complain about... a wonderful,affordable place to stay alone or with family
1 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
"Things you need to know."
My review may be slanted because my wife was sick so I asked to be placed downstairs and the hotel changed our room for that reason at the last minute. We were put in what supposedly was the last available room downstairs that was easily accessible, looked like many other empty rooms however. Ours was a room (and the closest room to the street that I could ascertain, right on the main street with the window facing the street so there was too much traffic noise for me. Our room had been worked on for some kind of repairs and the G.C. in me thought poorly of the workmanship for an otherwise nice hotel. Also note the parking surcharge in the description. I missed that. They charge $10 a day for you to park your car (self park) at the hotel. Other than these things, the hotel is in an convenient location and staff seem pleasant enough. Had the repairs to the room been done well, I could tell the hotel was a good design and layout and it would have been better.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Short Trip"
Short trip...just that I could not get the room to maintain a comfortable temp for my liking...seemed very stuffy unlike the last time I stayed.
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
Candy
"Not a typical Wyndham!"
Staff were pleasant and professional. Exterior and lobby were fine. Room clean (except for pigeon droppings outside door). Engineering maintenance appeared intentionally poor. Screws missing from electrical and door jam. Rust several places. Shower and tub mechanisms old and failing. Torn shower curtain. Torn carpet. WiFi worst ever. TV selection bad. $10/night parking. Over priced. Not your typical Windham.
2 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
"Awful! don't go there!"
Worse experience, worse hotel ever!!!!!!!!! Picked this hotel through Expedia because it was close to Sea World. This is the only reason they get guests! It's more a motel than a hotel with dark, dingy, old stuffy and smelly rooms.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"A/C didn't work, not refrigerator or microwave in"
No A/C , no micro wave, no refrigerator. Parking 10.00 per night I'll be looking for something else next time
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Solid clean room, but non-existent Wifi"
We had a pleasant stay at this Wyndham immediately across from the San Diego Sports Arena. The rooms were newly decorated. It was clean and free of any type of objectionable odor. The service was good. The rooms are arranged in several buildings each 3 stories high - reminded me of several motel type styles of rooms. The walls and ceilings were a little thin so you could hear next door and upstairs quite a bit. We also were directly across from the pool and could hear everyone enjoying themselves there - loudly. The TV was more than adequate with a few HBO channels to boot. The Wifi was however non-existent. You could get the Wifi signal, but I did not ever get through to the outside internet in any of the 3 nights that I was there. Watch out that this Wyndham does charge a $10 parking fee per night. The hotels.com listing is not correct. However, hotels.com did refund the parking fee fully afterward I called them on the customer service line. It was a solid 3 star and adequate for my convenience. The Wifi was quite an annoyance though.
3 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
Wing
"Insects in bathroom, room has terrible smell, cloc"
Sur charge for parking, insects in bathroom, room smells, clock out of order and front desk rude, all night party hotel
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Ron
"Good Price, Good Location"
This hotel was ideal for the price and location to Sea World, Old Town and Balboa Park which were the places we wanted to visit. We could not connect to the WiFi. There were three of us but the room was only set up for two people. It is a very small unit in spite of being a "suite" and better suited to two people. We had to ask for a chair as there was only one small couch for seating.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Valerie
"Not child friendly..."
Room smelled wet and moldy. Terrible pillows. Outside premise of the entire hotel wreaked of cigarettes (not family friendly).
2 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
Jerry
"Good location, close to major retail"
Pros: Very close to major retail, close to Seaworld They sell discounted Seaworld tickets at the front desk. Employees were very helpful! Cons: really bad parking, parking spaces are made for a Smart Car :-). Bathrooms are really outdated and all the towels looked over used. This is definitely not a 3 star hotel anymore, 1.5 star at best. The place just did not feel clean but I booked last minute so I chose location over quality.
chris
"Vacation"
We had to ask for Cora towels they had only left one no fridge didn't clean the vanity
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"attended a Marine Graduation at MCRD"
Room was ok , but had a awful smell to it. Bathrooms need up dating!
"Not a good area"
Not a good area of town. Rooms really spread out. Could never find the pool
"junk"
It was ok but not coming back plus they charge parking but in hotel.com they said it was free.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
noisy room, room was not deluxe, as described. small
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
kj
"Close to everything."
Had a great experience! It was close to the beach, sea world, and San diego zoo. Also close to stores and a lot of restaurants.The hotel was close to everything we wanted. The pool and hot tub were clean and perfect temperature. There were always clean towels at the pool. Only bad thing was I had a difficult time getting on the Internet always said there was a weak signal.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
cathy
"Not what the pictures show"
We had a family suite, and the pictures online made it look like a separate room. Oh no -- it was a half wall. The bunk beds were great for the kids, but we pretty much had to go to bed the same time we put our 4 year olds down since we were all bascially in the same room. There is also a strip club and adult store right behind the hotel -- should have used Google maps to check it all out!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"no crib"
Neighborhood yuck...asked for a crib didnt get ine had 2 leav
6 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
LESLEY
"Good for the money."
This is the place I have stayed the past 4 times I've been in San Diego. I agree that the hotel has some "appearance" issues but the condition of the hotel is not that bad as other reviews might say. The staff has always been great. The rooms are clean and comfy. The price is affordable. My only issue is that they now charge for parking which they didn't before. I don't get it. I don't like it but it obviously didn't stop me from coming back. I'll likely stay here during my next visit to San Diego.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
maria
Had the Jr. suite. The beds were really small and uncomfortable. Small space for a suite
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Jenn and Brian
"Needs updating"
Too close to busy street, noisy! Rooms were old and confined in the bedroom.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Derrick
"Convenient"
It was convenient, the room was not in perfect condition, the rug was torn near the bathroom area and the shower head was low so it was not great for tall people like myself and my son who is 6'2". It was great that the diner is right there and open 24hrs, as we got in around midnight and we were starving.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Concert weekend getaway"
Overall great stay. My husband and I went to a concert at the valley view center across the street, thats why we stayed here. It was very convenient to be able to walk to and from the concert! We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the stay very much. We stayed in a king suite nice size room with a little living room area and a bedroom. Micro and fridge was a nice plus too! Staff was friendly. Also we absolutely loved the restaurant DuPars they have, we ate there 3 times!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Cristine
Hotel lobby was very nice. Looks kind of like a motel they have an elevator which was convenient. The rooms were pretty nice I would stay there again the only small complain I would have was just a lil bit of rust in the bathroom on the towel rack and the door hinges but def not a big deal like I said pretty nice, clean hotel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"LOVED THE JR. SUITE"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for Vday weekend, I did like the room a lot. I was very comfortable no one bothered us. When we checked in Gloria at the front desk was so polite and pleasant and she is probably the only reason I gave a 2 or else I would have given them a "0". They told us that in the morning they have Starbucks, (MY FAV) so I went down to the lobby the next morning around 8am and the lady at the front not Gloria said, "there is no more, and you have a coffee maker in your room". I did not like her response so I just said ok and walked away. The next morning I woke up earlier and the guy at the lobby told me that they didn't have any either. I was a bit disappointed because why would they offer that and not have it. I guess I am serious about my coffee. Anyway they do have a coffee machine in the room it's not bad but it's not Starbucks. My next complaint is of the restaurant next to the hotel which is very convenient but a little overpriced and the staff is not very knowledgeable about their food. Food was pretty good. Besides those two things I really liked this place, I will definitely come back. It is only 15minutes away from Gaslamp or the Harbor. But if you decide to stay in the area there are many restaurants to go to.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
jessie
"Rundown experience"
I was looking for a hotel close to downtown San Diego, when I found the Wyndham which was available at an affordable price. Pictures and setup looked good so I booked my room. The best way to describe the facility is that it was rundown. Looked very seedy, like a cheap motel. Rooms were reasonably clean, but the carpets looked old and dusty. The windows face the corridor, but you cannot close the drapes! All that separated you from the outside was a thin sheer curtain, which too wouldn't close all the way. They advertise free wi-fi, but its impossible to do anything productive throughout the day because the bandwidth is abysmal. I complained a couple of times about it, but I was politely ignored. It was obvious they knew they did not have a fix. Only time I could logon and actually access my email was at 2 am in the morning. The area looked somewhat suspicious, the hotel being completely exposed to the outside with no security in sight. While this is touted as a family hotel, the family suites are really the same size as any hotel room with a couple of bunk beds crammed into a corner.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
sc2000
"Just Passing Through"
Stayed here one night and it was ideally located to restaurants and easy access to freeways. A two-minute drive to Old Town (YAY!!!) and about a 15-minute drive to downtown. The beds were comfortable, lighting was ideal (for us gals to do our makeup). Only thing I didn't like (this is me being picky) is when I was in the bathroom, you could see deferred maintenance on the door frames, and tile grout. To me, that just seemed un-clean.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Tia
"Dirty and unlean hotel."
Mold in the bathroom, rusting towel racks, wallpaper falling off the wall, walls were filthy, floor was gross, I have no idea how this hotel receieved the 3 star plus review it did, im pretty sure that it wasn't just my room that was that bad. Also the room next to me had their bathroom fan on all night which was a loud noise that went into our room which prevented me from sleeping. Honestly the money i paid for this place plus having to pay for parking on their lot was a joke. I would say i would recommend this as a cheap hotel to stay at for what your getting but it wasn't really that cheap....
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"1st and last time"
bed hard small pillows - to noisey - cleaning service making a lot of noise talking loud and laughing.can here everthing outside.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Can't recommend."
Pretty noisy place. Front desk people no help with lobby computers. Didn't have proper towels in room -- even after complaining. Short one coffee cup one morning. Parking adequate but spaces are very tight. Buses took up much of the available parking on two nights. One the up side, location is convenient.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Dirty Carpets!"
Carpets were very dirty. We did have a dog with us maybe that is why they put us in a room with dirty carpets, I don't know. We reserved a room with 2 queen beds, instead got a room with 2 bunk beds and a king size bed. The rooms were very small. The pillows were terrible. The mattress on the bunk beds had springs poking you in the back. They charge you a dollar for a cup of coffee in the lobby. Also, the hotel charges $10 per night for parking which was never mentioned in the add but Hotels.com did reimburse us. The only good thing I can say is that we were in a gated parking area and there was plenty of covered parking.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"cleanliness of room"
The shower was not clean and room had a smell to it and carpet was wet on one side of the room. But overall nice..
2 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
Priscilla R
"Not great"
The front door would not close properly. There was an added charge of $10 per day for parking. They withheld an added charge for incidentals (50.00) told me it would be released same day but when I called to inquire they said oh no it takes 7-10 days for it to be back in your account. Would not recommend or return.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
CF
"Not happy with the stay"
We stayed in the family suit. The room floor was not clean and was full of stains. There was drilling/construction going on at 11pm out first night. At 2am there was a fight next door that went on for 45 minutes and no one came to stop it. Our second night there was two fights, one at midnight and again at 2am, we made complaints twice about these incidents. The pool is right next to the bar and the neighborhood is horrible. Our air conditioner worked poorly. The tv had one channel of cartoons for the kids. The price we paid was not worth the room or the hotel.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Crystal
"Gym close by"
Across the street from 24 hour fitness
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"OK Hotel - Terrible Internet"
Overall experience was good - for business travelers, it's a no-no because of terrible Internet availability. Had to leave hotel to go to a Starbucks to be able to access anything.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Absolutely Terrible"
The listing is absolutely misleading. This hotel does NOT have free parking. Although they have WiFi it does not work. The pictures for the queen deluxe room are also completely false. It looks nothing like that. See the other images on the hotel page to see what the room actually looks like. It was dirty, run down, and sad. Check-in took forever because there was a large line and only ONE person working. She was unhelpful and disputed the free parking claim even though the website clearly says it is free. We also came back to ask why the WiFi didn't work and they said it was working fine for them. Talked to other guests and they had the same problem. Not at all what I was expecting from a Wyndham. Now I know not to stay at the "Garden" types.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Jon
"Expected more from Wyndham"
Not much better than a Motel 6
4 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Cynthia
"San Diego"
I booked a two night stay, the first room was uncomfortable because the microwave didn't work, the toilet kept running the whole night and the bed was itchy. I requested to be transferred to another room. Everything was fine when we arrived to the other room, until the morning......the toilet was clogged up. Overall, I have never had any problems with this hotel until this last time.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
sporty
Good hotel for one night. Really close to the airport and the bed is not bad. If you are planning to stay more than one night or are in a business trip you might have to consider another place because the internet doesn't work.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Wyndham"
Front Desk was very helpful. My room did not have a microwave as stated.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"amazing"
Awesome
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Dylan
"Power failure but can't beat the price"
The hotel had a power failure during our stay. I would still rate this hotel higher for the price.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"Exelent Hotel"
I nice and confort Hotel to stay in San Diego. Good located, good parking and a good price
Other trip Feb 2, 2015