All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
3737 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92110, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

noisy room, room was not deluxe, as described. small
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
kj
"Close to everything."
Had a great experience! It was close to the beach, sea world, and San diego zoo. Also close to stores and a lot of restaurants.The hotel was close to everything we wanted. The pool and hot tub were clean and perfect temperature. There were always clean towels at the pool. Only bad thing was I had a difficult time getting on the Internet always said there was a weak signal.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
cathy
"Not what the pictures show"
We had a family suite, and the pictures online made it look like a separate room. Oh no -- it was a half wall. The bunk beds were great for the kids, but we pretty much had to go to bed the same time we put our 4 year olds down since we were all bascially in the same room. There is also a strip club and adult store right behind the hotel -- should have used Google maps to check it all out!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"no crib"
Neighborhood yuck...asked for a crib didnt get ine had 2 leav
6 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
LESLEY
"Good for the money."
This is the place I have stayed the past 4 times I've been in San Diego. I agree that the hotel has some "appearance" issues but the condition of the hotel is not that bad as other reviews might say. The staff has always been great. The rooms are clean and comfy. The price is affordable. My only issue is that they now charge for parking which they didn't before. I don't get it. I don't like it but it obviously didn't stop me from coming back. I'll likely stay here during my next visit to San Diego.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
maria
Had the Jr. suite. The beds were really small and uncomfortable. Small space for a suite
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Needs updating"
Too close to busy street, noisy! Rooms were old and confined in the bedroom.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Derrick
"Convenient"
It was convenient, the room was not in perfect condition, the rug was torn near the bathroom area and the shower head was low so it was not great for tall people like myself and my son who is 6'2". It was great that the diner is right there and open 24hrs, as we got in around midnight and we were starving.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Concert weekend getaway"
Overall great stay. My husband and I went to a concert at the valley view center across the street, thats why we stayed here. It was very convenient to be able to walk to and from the concert! We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the stay very much. We stayed in a king suite nice size room with a little living room area and a bedroom. Micro and fridge was a nice plus too! Staff was friendly. Also we absolutely loved the restaurant DuPars they have, we ate there 3 times!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Cristine
Hotel lobby was very nice. Looks kind of like a motel they have an elevator which was convenient. The rooms were pretty nice I would stay there again the only small complain I would have was just a lil bit of rust in the bathroom on the towel rack and the door hinges but def not a big deal like I said pretty nice, clean hotel.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"LOVED THE JR. SUITE"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for Vday weekend, I did like the room a lot. I was very comfortable no one bothered us. When we checked in Gloria at the front desk was so polite and pleasant and she is probably the only reason I gave a 2 or else I would have given them a "0". They told us that in the morning they have Starbucks, (MY FAV) so I went down to the lobby the next morning around 8am and the lady at the front not Gloria said, "there is no more, and you have a coffee maker in your room". I did not like her response so I just said ok and walked away. The next morning I woke up earlier and the guy at the lobby told me that they didn't have any either. I was a bit disappointed because why would they offer that and not have it. I guess I am serious about my coffee. Anyway they do have a coffee machine in the room it's not bad but it's not Starbucks. My next complaint is of the restaurant next to the hotel which is very convenient but a little overpriced and the staff is not very knowledgeable about their food. Food was pretty good. Besides those two things I really liked this place, I will definitely come back. It is only 15minutes away from Gaslamp or the Harbor. But if you decide to stay in the area there are many restaurants to go to.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
jessie
"Rundown experience"
I was looking for a hotel close to downtown San Diego, when I found the Wyndham which was available at an affordable price. Pictures and setup looked good so I booked my room. The best way to describe the facility is that it was rundown. Looked very seedy, like a cheap motel. Rooms were reasonably clean, but the carpets looked old and dusty. The windows face the corridor, but you cannot close the drapes! All that separated you from the outside was a thin sheer curtain, which too wouldn't close all the way. They advertise free wi-fi, but its impossible to do anything productive throughout the day because the bandwidth is abysmal. I complained a couple of times about it, but I was politely ignored. It was obvious they knew they did not have a fix. Only time I could logon and actually access my email was at 2 am in the morning. The area looked somewhat suspicious, the hotel being completely exposed to the outside with no security in sight. While this is touted as a family hotel, the family suites are really the same size as any hotel room with a couple of bunk beds crammed into a corner.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
sc2000
"Just Passing Through"
Stayed here one night and it was ideally located to restaurants and easy access to freeways. A two-minute drive to Old Town (YAY!!!) and about a 15-minute drive to downtown. The beds were comfortable, lighting was ideal (for us gals to do our makeup). Only thing I didn't like (this is me being picky) is when I was in the bathroom, you could see deferred maintenance on the door frames, and tile grout. To me, that just seemed un-clean.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Tia
"Dirty and unlean hotel."
Mold in the bathroom, rusting towel racks, wallpaper falling off the wall, walls were filthy, floor was gross, I have no idea how this hotel receieved the 3 star plus review it did, im pretty sure that it wasn't just my room that was that bad. Also the room next to me had their bathroom fan on all night which was a loud noise that went into our room which prevented me from sleeping. Honestly the money i paid for this place plus having to pay for parking on their lot was a joke. I would say i would recommend this as a cheap hotel to stay at for what your getting but it wasn't really that cheap....
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"1st and last time"
bed hard small pillows - to noisey - cleaning service making a lot of noise talking loud and laughing.can here everthing outside.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Can't recommend."
Pretty noisy place. Front desk people no help with lobby computers. Didn't have proper towels in room -- even after complaining. Short one coffee cup one morning. Parking adequate but spaces are very tight. Buses took up much of the available parking on two nights. One the up side, location is convenient.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Dirty Carpets!"
Carpets were very dirty. We did have a dog with us maybe that is why they put us in a room with dirty carpets, I don't know. We reserved a room with 2 queen beds, instead got a room with 2 bunk beds and a king size bed. The rooms were very small. The pillows were terrible. The mattress on the bunk beds had springs poking you in the back. They charge you a dollar for a cup of coffee in the lobby. Also, the hotel charges $10 per night for parking which was never mentioned in the add but Hotels.com did reimburse us. The only good thing I can say is that we were in a gated parking area and there was plenty of covered parking.
2 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"cleanliness of room"
The shower was not clean and room had a smell to it and carpet was wet on one side of the room. But overall nice..
2 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
Priscilla R
"Not great"
The front door would not close properly. There was an added charge of $10 per day for parking. They withheld an added charge for incidentals (50.00) told me it would be released same day but when I called to inquire they said oh no it takes 7-10 days for it to be back in your account. Would not recommend or return.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
CF
"Not happy with the stay"
We stayed in the family suit. The room floor was not clean and was full of stains. There was drilling/construction going on at 11pm out first night. At 2am there was a fight next door that went on for 45 minutes and no one came to stop it. Our second night there was two fights, one at midnight and again at 2am, we made complaints twice about these incidents. The pool is right next to the bar and the neighborhood is horrible. Our air conditioner worked poorly. The tv had one channel of cartoons for the kids. The price we paid was not worth the room or the hotel.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Crystal
"Gym close by"
Across the street from 24 hour fitness
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"OK Hotel - Terrible Internet"
Overall experience was good - for business travelers, it's a no-no because of terrible Internet availability. Had to leave hotel to go to a Starbucks to be able to access anything.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Absolutely Terrible"
The listing is absolutely misleading. This hotel does NOT have free parking. Although they have WiFi it does not work. The pictures for the queen deluxe room are also completely false. It looks nothing like that. See the other images on the hotel page to see what the room actually looks like. It was dirty, run down, and sad. Check-in took forever because there was a large line and only ONE person working. She was unhelpful and disputed the free parking claim even though the website clearly says it is free. We also came back to ask why the WiFi didn't work and they said it was working fine for them. Talked to other guests and they had the same problem. Not at all what I was expecting from a Wyndham. Now I know not to stay at the "Garden" types.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Jon
"Expected more from Wyndham"
Not much better than a Motel 6
4 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Cynthia
"San Diego"
I booked a two night stay, the first room was uncomfortable because the microwave didn't work, the toilet kept running the whole night and the bed was itchy. I requested to be transferred to another room. Everything was fine when we arrived to the other room, until the morning......the toilet was clogged up. Overall, I have never had any problems with this hotel until this last time.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
sporty
Good hotel for one night. Really close to the airport and the bed is not bad. If you are planning to stay more than one night or are in a business trip you might have to consider another place because the internet doesn't work.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Wyndham"
Front Desk was very helpful. My room did not have a microwave as stated.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
"amazing"
Awesome
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Dylan
"Power failure but can't beat the price"
The hotel had a power failure during our stay. I would still rate this hotel higher for the price.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"Exelent Hotel"
I nice and confort Hotel to stay in San Diego. Good located, good parking and a good price
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Martín
"Close to Seaworld"
Was charged for parking but on Itineray was shown as free parking Room floor was moist and night auditor said we were given an out of order room!
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Professional
"Nice hotel near the airport"
Surprisingly quiet, clean and comfortable room, friendly front desk staff, conveniently near to airport, Mission Bay and Old Town. A real value.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice rooms"
Terrible attitude of staff don't smile and policies change day to day
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Not at all as bad as Yelp had said it would be!"
Unexpectedly had to get a hotel after my flight. Good value for the price.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Noelle
"Short vacation"
This was a great hotel and went beyond our expectations. The area was great and the hotel room was very nice. The front desk clerk couldn't have been nicer. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again on my next visit.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Collin
It was a nice stay for a quick small getaway. No problems and the hotel receptions were we very friendly.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Candice
"Close to everything in the area"
Stayed one night to attend concert. Close to everything beach, nightlife and sea world. Downtown is not far either.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
cez
"Beware of the $10 parking fee"
This is an average hotel. The room is of decent size and clean. The Wi-Fi is very slow and unreliable. What you need to figure into your cost is the $10 parking fee per night charged by the hotel. I was quite upset by this fee because it should have been included in the rate. Tacking it on is deceptive.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
The room was clean, we had a little sitting area that was great for the kids. What I don't like is the $10 parking fee per night. There is no where else to park, I'm paying for the room, so i shouldn't have to pay to park.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Review comments before booking room with Wyndam"
1. They charged me $10 for parking my car while this was not mentioned when I booked the room. 2. I could not access my emails or messages because the internet was terribly slow and nonresponsive. Called the front desk and they said that this is the only system they have and they can not do anything about it. 3. Room Heating/AC was too load and had to turn it off. 4. Carpets had disgusting stains on them, even the dark color of carpet could not hide them!
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
Kaz
"nice hotel good central location"
staff was pleasant, room clean neat, pool area good. Easy access to roadways to get to beaches or tourist sites.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Dean
"Helpful staff"
Staff helped us with a dead rental car battery saving us $50.00 we would have had to pay for roadside service. Room was clean and comfortable, but age was starting to become apparent. Overall, it was a good stay.
3 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Christopher
"Comfortable Hotel in San Diego"
Hotel has seen better days, but the rooms were clean, and there was ample parking, although there is a $10/night fee for parking. WiFi was sketchy at best. Slow. Able to text Skype, but not to use voice Skype.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"No recommendation"
We had homeless people arguing in front of our window. We requested coffee cups and never got them. They charge to park in their parking lot. There is no breakfast. The best part of the visit was the concierge service.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Casey
This hotel exceeded our expectations, especially at the low price. Very clean room and in a great location.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"It's an okay hotel"
It's a more like a motel kind of hotel, the room is quite big and comfy. The room looked clean; however we saw 2 cockroaches in the room, so not sure if that's because of dirty or the room is located in the first floor.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"No fluorescent lighting in lobby is a plus."
Prompt service when refrigerator needed attention and blankets requested.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Bobie
"Good location, great room, and very nice staff."
It was a very nice hotel, with nice staff and the room was really nice. Can't complain about anything else really. Stayed for a night and left. Super close to SeaWorld.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Good Location"
Disappointed that there wasn't a refrigerator in the room but property was clean and close to venue.
3 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
"broken heater"
It was ok, the heater was broken so we were so cold in our room all night
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014