All hotels in New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States of America
500 Hathaway Rd, New Bedford, MA, 02740, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.4
    2.4
    2.8
There were no amenities at this hotel. The bedspread had cigarette holes even though all rooms were non-smoking. There were no cups in the room at all.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Comfortable for an overnight stay, not fancy."
We rolled in about 11:00PM, and just wanted a place for the night. This former Days Inn has now become the New Bedford Inn and Suites. This was a truly elegant hotel when it was built, as there are 3 ballrooms, an indoor swimming pool, and interior suites, 2 story, with an almost brownstone design with walk up steps in front. The beds were comfortable, but little things pointed to that the upkeep of the hotel was not to par. Batteries were out, a lamp bulb was out. Nothing huge, but those items should have been checked prior to our arrival. Still, we will stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Dianna and Lourdes
Room was filthy and noisy. Dog next door barked much of the night.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Pillow had brown stains all over it. Indoor pool was beyond disgusting which was closed by the way. There was legit a shopping cart and old smelly rugs in the pool area. The hotel was absolutely filthy and smelled horrible, it hits you hard when you walk into the doors. I would rather have slept in my car, because the bed felt like sleeping on rocks anyway. I won't even discuss the bathroom situation because I will need a whole other paragraph for that alone, and this box has a character limitation. My room was situated at the back side of the building and yet I wasn't able to access the hotel from any of the side doors, only the main door which was really annoying. Apparently all the doors in the hotel were broken except 1. So all in all. Please avoid this place at all cost even if there are no other vacant hotel/motels/Inn's you better off sleeping in a refrigerator box outside. The end.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Andreia
"Just a room but fairly scary."
Did not feel confortable in room. Would not stay there again.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
E
NB is a great little city that is severely lacking in hotel accommodations. This place could use a good cleaning in the common areas and the carpets need to be thoroughly cleaned throughout. I found a dirty sock under the chair in my room. See the NB Glass Museum if you come to town.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Beds are very comfortable - linens clean - room temp nice and warm. There is some wear and tear on furnishings but nothing is damaged. Location was very convenient for us to our son's very tiny house. Have been here before would return again.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Renee
"ok for price"
Could not find any housekeeping staff. room was clean and beds were comfortable but small. had to ask front desk clerk for additional towel and toiletries, they were out.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
The place was a dive in both appearance and lack of amenities. We needed to request soap, shampoo, drinking cups, and an iron. Plus the bathroom sink would not drain properly. The walls were made of paper in that we could hear everything! Need I say more?
"No easy access"
Long wait to get in/out of parking lot due to heavy traffic. Toilet ran every 5 minutes. Had to enter lobby of motel, walk way to the back and upstairs. Then down a hall to room. There was no elevator and I had to make two trips to bring luggage in and out. There was a side door close to stairs but motel room key would not unlock. Could only exit. No breakfast, no microwave or refrigerator. When getting ice, had to walk back to lobby and it gave me about 25 small cubes, enough to barely fill the bottom of the ice bucket. No channel guide for TV so I had to surf to find the ball games. The security hasp on door did not work, part was missing. The internet was fine but there was no desk, just an end table. The closest outlet had a lamp plugged in and the other did not work. Lucky I brought a surge protector with 3 outlets so I could plug in my laptop and still have the lamp. The only other room lights were the two at the beds and the one near the door. I stayed because it was the cheapest but I don't think I got my monies worth.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Buck
"Memorial Day Weekend Disaster"
The room was dirty, smelly, and the Hotel was not maintained. The waste baskets were not emptied. Generally dirty and unkempt. Would not recommend it to anyone!
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Stay Away From this Hotel"
First - at checkin, we had paid Expedia for 2 rooms for 2 nightrs, but there credit card would only be approved for one room and the Hotel tried to force us to pay the 2nd room all over again and then call Expedia later to try to get a refund, even though Expedia says "No REefunds." The doors on the closets would not stay shut. The room was dark and dingy. The hotel pool has been closed since September and will probably never reopen. The breakfast room was closed. The beds were comfortable, but that is about all I can say is good for the hotel. There were very few pkugs in the room to plug in your cell phone for recharging or anything else. The maintenance man did get us a power strip for power, and he also did replace the room phone which was not working. He was very nice. His name was Keith. The doors to the outside would not work for the guests, and you had to walk all around the hotel to get into it from the front door, a LONG walk for a handicappewd person. They shut off our keys at noon on after the first night although we had paid for and signed in for 2 days - both rooms - and we had to go back to the desk - a long way - to get the key redone so it would open the room. The iron was missing. Toilet paper was scarse. no ice bucket. No glasses for the guests. No amenities at all that were listed as available. Stay away from this hotel.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Judie
"Stay Away From this Hotel"
Other trip May 13, 2014
Judie
Desk clerk seemed incompetent about my reservation even though the details were right in front of him. Had no knowledge of why the INDOOR pool was closed. "I only work weekends" was the answer I got. Had to ask for tissues and toilet paper because our room didn't have either when we checked in
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"It was close to where we needed to stay, that is i"
The hotel is one of the worse I have stayed at. I have been to over a hundred hotels and this one rank as one of the worse. The rooms are have not been kept up with maintenance. Door locks don't function correctly. One door would only open from the inside, which we had to go in through the main door to get to the door we needed. It is not worth staying at.
2 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"terrible"
it was the worst stay ever will not recommend to anyone
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
jolanda Ruiz
"Wish I had checked the ratingd first."
Personnel that we dealt with were fine. Place was a mess.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Adequate for my needs"
It might have been nice if they had coffee available, had curtains over the blinds to keep the light out in the morning, & been a little more welcoming at the front desk.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"hotel review"
Good place in new bedford for a quick stay
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2014
This was the 3rd year that we stayed in this hotel and it was the worst. We stayed two nights. We got back to the hotel later in the evening after the first night to come back to the room not cleaned the bed not made and the dirty towels still on the bathroom floor with no new towels to replace them. Went to the front desk and was told that they don't have enough towels for all the rooms. They would get someone to get us towels from another room.
2 night trip Dec 23, 2013
"Spend a little extra and go somewhere else!"
We were looking for something simple and inexpensive for one night, close to the conference we were attending. The hotel itself has seen better days, but now has a worn, shabby appearance. Our first hint at problems should have been the dirty glass doors leading to what looked like a meeting room, right at the front desk. The room itself is a typical motel room at this star rating, but we didn't spend much time in the room. When we returned later and settled in for the night, we found more problems. The tile floor at the entrance needed to be mopped and the bathroom mirror still had splatter. The bed was comfortable enough, but not all the tv channels worked and the free wifi was spotty. The worst experience was the room party across the hall. We could hear and smell everything that was going on through the paper thin walls. @11 we called the front desk to complain about the noise, loud music, and banging doors. They told the occupants to turn down the music and that was it. There was so much activity in and out, we counted at least 8 people. The staff never checked again and never followed up, even though one whiff told the story. The party was allowed to continue well through the wee hours of the morning. Bottom line, if you have children or plan on sleeping, look elsewhere.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
Our stay was fine...while booking this hotel I was quite aware that it wasn't the Ritz Carlton. The hotel is old and needs an update, but our room seemed newly rennovated. Stay was good for me & the price was even better. I will stay again when in that area.
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
The hotel is very convient and near other types of business. The hotel does need updating but it is not bad just older. I'm told they are going to be updating the hotel.
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Bargain stay does not mean dirty stay"
I expect and prepare bargain hotel or motel to be with cheap quality furniture/fixtures or decor. BUT, not dirtiness. This place is just dirty, despite they gave me another room. Expedia should have its quality control in check.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Dirty outdated room"
Dirty towels left in bathroom. Bathroom not cleaned. Wallpaper had been painted over. Guy who checked us in didn't talk, just grunted.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Cathy
"Dirty outdated room"
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Cathy
"Our New Bedford disappointment"
We found out the indoor pool was closed which was our first disappointment. Then the room was very stuffy and air conditioner did not work. The hotel clerk finally told us the manager would come down but another person came and offered us another room where the air conditioner worked. They had some leaks on the ceiling etc. and the room above us had people that walked alot in the room which could be heard easily by us....so ask for second floor room!Interestingly when we checked out they didn't have us in the right room.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Dirty and disgusting"
Filthy carpets, sheets looked like they were never changed. This is the worst and most disgusting place I ever stayed in. Even the bathroom was uncleaned from previous occupant. Avoid this nasty place which is little more then a flop house.
1 night business trip Oct 5, 2013
Bernie
"Weekend quick stay"
A serviceable, well priced hotel. Concierge was expecting us, although our check in was late.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"2-night stay for festival"
Dirty facecloths stuffed behind shower curtain; no clean ones provided. Only two paper cups, no waste basket in main room, though one in bathroom. No tissues in bathroom container for them. Television didn't work most of the time. Pillows so thick one had to practically sleep sitting up; inferior quality, i.e., bouncy foam. Night check-in staff ungracious, unfriendly, like we were bothering them by checking in. Bell on check-in desk to call staff didn't work - just had to shout hello and stand around until someone showed up. Day staff better. No amenities whatsoever relative to morning coffee; juice, etc. out of machine and very expensive. Hotel generally not very clean looking.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Nicci
"If you are depressed"
Do not go here! Dark brown and gold paint, room dark and dreary. The security lock on door broken. The room and bathroom was very clean and did not smell.The rest of the hotel was dark, dirty and dismal.We paid to stay here because of advertised indoor pool. It was not open because it was "too cold". We could have stayed at a less expensive place. The back security door was broken, needed to use plant holder to keep open, hotel key would not open it. This was the only way to get luggage in unless you walked a very long way. I am handicapped and was assured of a first floor room in email and phone call to them, prior to staying. When I arrived, was told I was on second floor. I was given a first floor room but why the switch in 3 days? Would not recommend to my worst enemy!
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Very close to where we needed to be"
Upon arrival, it was obvious this is a very old hotel. It was dirty and smelled funny. Kind of like it used to be a smoking area, and they tried to cover it with chemicals. There was a light bulb out in the room and no remote control for the tv. The desk clerk was very accomodating as they booked us on the 2nd floor, but my mom can't handle stairs. He was very nice and moved us to the 1st floor. He also made sure the light bulb was replaced and we had a remote by the time we got back from dinner. Horrible pillows, no iron and a burn hole in the blanket on my bed. It was very noisy, thin walls and people up and carrying on late at night and early in the morning. It looks like they're trying to update, but doing very poor work. Beautiful new tiling in the bathroom, but the tiles were cut too short and no caulking. Had to leave the roll of toilet paper on the counter as they didn't install a paper holder. A shame because it was literally in the middle of the areas we were visiting. Very convenient, but we won't go back again. A $60/night hotel for $120/night, very disappointing.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
It was not comfortable not clean not what we ordered. If we didn't have a pet we would of left. In a word a PIT.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Andy
"AWFUL."
if you're staying with a pet or staying during peak season, only a few of these rooms are actually renovated and once they are used up, the old rooms are booked. Ours was plain awful. The paint was peeling off the dirty bathroom walls, the supposed to be white curtain had gross unknown stains on it, there was hair and dirt on our floors, and the tub was backed up, so we couldn't even shower! Not to mention, everything in this non-smoking room was nicotine stained and the strong odor made everyone sick. When we told the owner who was a rude old man smoking in the lobby he said there was nothing he could do for us, besides refund the money for the room. At that point it was late at night, and the only other hotel in the area (the farefield inn) was booked for the weekend, so we we stuck in this awful room for the night. All of that, for $120! In our area, there's a five star hotel that charges that! We would never consider staying here again.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
Lindsey
"Not fancy, but clean and comfortable"
Nothing special, but entirely adequate. There's really nothing more to say.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Sam
"A Little Disappointing"
When we arrived the desk receptionist was a little confused and it took quite a while for us to get our rooms. He gave us our keys and asked us to go and check out the room first before he completed our reservation. When we went to our room and opened the door you could smell nothing but smoke. We had reserved a non-smoking room. He then proceeded to look at his computer and he was able to find us a non-smoking room, This experience was a little frustrating after a long day of driving. On their website they advertise that they have a continental breakfast. Not true - no breakfast.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"What a rip-off!"
Felt a bit like arriving at the Hotel California. Pool dirty and closed. Door leading out to hallway on both sides of room--glass in door so light from hallway in your eyes all night. Ironing board but no iron. Certainly not worth $120. Maybe $50.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
"Not the place if you want a lot of amenities"
We (my three kids and I) wanted a quick get away and found this location on Hotels.com. Although it had received low ratings, we tried it anyhow because of the affordability and it said it was under new management. Although the people working there were pretty nice to us (they responded to our needs for more towels and a light bulb quickly), the hotel unfortunately needs work. In our room (we were moved to this one because the original room was still under construction) there were no mattress pads between the mattress and the sheet. One mattress looked brand new while the other appeared to have some mold on it. The ceilings needed a coat of paint since they displayed water damage and stains. The bathroom sink clogged easily and the shower head leaked so the floor got wet. A hook on the bathroom door and a toilet paper holder would have been nice. The bathroom vent didn't work either. The furniture and the TV were pretty beat up. Although there was a pool, the photos online were not accurate. The online photos showed a pool area that was well lit with plenty of patio furniture. What we found, when they opened it, was three chaise lounge chairs and a plastic table. It echoed in the pool room and the water was freezing. I would say to folks, if you want amenities, this place wasn't it.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2013
Liana
"Ghost hotel!"
This place was so creepy. There was hardly anyone else staying here. The staff was rude. They only gave us 3 towels even though we told them there were 4 people in the room. And they ran out of toilet paper and told us they had no more!!!! They told us they were sending someone to Walmart to get some and would deliver to our room. But they never showed up. We felt so unsafe we loaded all our luggage back in the car the 2nd day. The laundry room was out of service. Would have been better off if we had slept in the car. Do NOT stay here!!
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Absolute last place"
Rooms are dirty and need serious updating. Staff was really nice its a shame
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"lousy hotel"
bad customer service. run down place. no amenities
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Better options in New Bedford!"
The New Bedford inn and suites is not a hotel I'd choose to stay in again. The condition of the property and the rooms is reminiscent of the worst highway motels and really not a place you'd want to stay if you have a choice. For the money you can do much better elsewhere!
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
"Spoiled by the smell of smoke"
Our hotel room was spacious and comfortable but we were met by a noticeable smell of smoke from this Non-smoking room, also labelled as such by a sign outside the entrance door. That was very disappointing but otherwise, the room was great. The bath worked fine but lacked the usual box of Kleenex, the 2nd disappointment. We would have asked for a room change because of the cigarette smell but were just too tired to bother because it was borderline annoying.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Ron
"good for the guys fishing /not for the family"
i didnt need much just a place to sleep,and to be safe for one nite. my party was six men fishing ,our requirements are different from a families (ladies) so we dealt with it
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2013
CWB /DOCK
"Mistake"
They overbooked rooms. I was given a room under renovation that was dirty and the phone did not work.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2013
This has been the only Hotel I have stayed at for as long as I can remember in all my visits to New Bedford and it has been under so many new managements, but this is by far the worst stay ever I would never stay in that hotel again.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"Disappointment"
The staff was nice but the location was farther than we expected and near a landfill. We are swimmers and were disappointed that the indoor pool was closed for painting. The pool will be nice when opened again. Huge place but no one was there! Luckily the town of New Beford made up for the stay.
2 night family trip May 23, 2013
Janet
"The worst motel I've ever stayed in!"
I arrived very late - near midnight - I was greeted by a toothless, unshaven elder man, friendly but very disconcerting in appearance. He checked me into a room which I found was a smoke box and had not been cleaned, dirty towels on floor, unmade bed. I returned to front desk, he was not apologetic but did give me another room. That room did appear to have been cleaned but when I was searching for a plug I found a pile of old food containers and dirty utensils swept behind the dresser. Then in the bathroom, there were dead bugs in the bathtup and pealing wall paper patches. It was too late at night to find another hotel, but I checked out as early as possible the next morning.
3 night trip Feb 21, 2013
"visit to New Bedford"
First room given was full of the smell of cigarette smoke. Bed was unmarried pillows looked like someone was watching tv 5 minutes ago. I asked for another room and there was no other king non smoking available. Had to take a double instead. As rooms go we were surprised to find no fridge , microwave. Room was clean. Hotel felt empty and abandoned.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"It was close to Zeiterion theatre"
Hotel was very quite. I looked like we were the only guests. The only negative thing was that the pool was closed. Nice hotel overall. And close to the theater which was the main reason of our stay there.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013