All hotels in New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States of America
500 Hathaway Rd, New Bedford, MA, 02740, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Bad breakfast
    Bad pool
    Food is not good
"AWFUL."
if you're staying with a pet or staying during peak season, only a few of these rooms are actually renovated and once they are used up, the old rooms are booked. Ours was plain awful. The paint was peeling off the dirty bathroom walls, the supposed to be white curtain had gross unknown stains on it, there was hair and dirt on our floors, and the tub was backed up, so we couldn't even shower! Not to mention, everything in this non-smoking room was nicotine stained and the strong odor made everyone sick. When we told the owner who was a rude old man smoking in the lobby he said there was nothing he could do for us, besides refund the money for the room. At that point it was late at night, and the only other hotel in the area (the farefield inn) was booked for the weekend, so we we stuck in this awful room for the night. All of that, for $120! In our area, there's a five star hotel that charges that! We would never consider staying here again.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
Lindsey
"Not fancy, but clean and comfortable"
Nothing special, but entirely adequate. There's really nothing more to say.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Sam
"A Little Disappointing"
When we arrived the desk receptionist was a little confused and it took quite a while for us to get our rooms. He gave us our keys and asked us to go and check out the room first before he completed our reservation. When we went to our room and opened the door you could smell nothing but smoke. We had reserved a non-smoking room. He then proceeded to look at his computer and he was able to find us a non-smoking room, This experience was a little frustrating after a long day of driving. On their website they advertise that they have a continental breakfast. Not true - no breakfast.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"What a rip-off!"
Felt a bit like arriving at the Hotel California. Pool dirty and closed. Door leading out to hallway on both sides of room--glass in door so light from hallway in your eyes all night. Ironing board but no iron. Certainly not worth $120. Maybe $50.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
"Not the place if you want a lot of amenities"
We (my three kids and I) wanted a quick get away and found this location on Hotels.com. Although it had received low ratings, we tried it anyhow because of the affordability and it said it was under new management. Although the people working there were pretty nice to us (they responded to our needs for more towels and a light bulb quickly), the hotel unfortunately needs work. In our room (we were moved to this one because the original room was still under construction) there were no mattress pads between the mattress and the sheet. One mattress looked brand new while the other appeared to have some mold on it. The ceilings needed a coat of paint since they displayed water damage and stains. The bathroom sink clogged easily and the shower head leaked so the floor got wet. A hook on the bathroom door and a toilet paper holder would have been nice. The bathroom vent didn't work either. The furniture and the TV were pretty beat up. Although there was a pool, the photos online were not accurate. The online photos showed a pool area that was well lit with plenty of patio furniture. What we found, when they opened it, was three chaise lounge chairs and a plastic table. It echoed in the pool room and the water was freezing. I would say to folks, if you want amenities, this place wasn't it.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2013
Liana
"Ghost hotel!"
This place was so creepy. There was hardly anyone else staying here. The staff was rude. They only gave us 3 towels even though we told them there were 4 people in the room. And they ran out of toilet paper and told us they had no more!!!! They told us they were sending someone to Walmart to get some and would deliver to our room. But they never showed up. We felt so unsafe we loaded all our luggage back in the car the 2nd day. The laundry room was out of service. Would have been better off if we had slept in the car. Do NOT stay here!!
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Absolute last place"
Rooms are dirty and need serious updating. Staff was really nice its a shame
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"lousy hotel"
bad customer service. run down place. no amenities
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Better options in New Bedford!"
The New Bedford inn and suites is not a hotel I'd choose to stay in again. The condition of the property and the rooms is reminiscent of the worst highway motels and really not a place you'd want to stay if you have a choice. For the money you can do much better elsewhere!
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2013
"Spoiled by the smell of smoke"
Our hotel room was spacious and comfortable but we were met by a noticeable smell of smoke from this Non-smoking room, also labelled as such by a sign outside the entrance door. That was very disappointing but otherwise, the room was great. The bath worked fine but lacked the usual box of Kleenex, the 2nd disappointment. We would have asked for a room change because of the cigarette smell but were just too tired to bother because it was borderline annoying.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Ron
"good for the guys fishing /not for the family"
i didnt need much just a place to sleep,and to be safe for one nite. my party was six men fishing ,our requirements are different from a families (ladies) so we dealt with it
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2013
CWB /DOCK
"Mistake"
They overbooked rooms. I was given a room under renovation that was dirty and the phone did not work.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2013
This has been the only Hotel I have stayed at for as long as I can remember in all my visits to New Bedford and it has been under so many new managements, but this is by far the worst stay ever I would never stay in that hotel again.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"Disappointment"
The staff was nice but the location was farther than we expected and near a landfill. We are swimmers and were disappointed that the indoor pool was closed for painting. The pool will be nice when opened again. Huge place but no one was there! Luckily the town of New Beford made up for the stay.
2 night family trip May 23, 2013
Janet
"The worst motel I've ever stayed in!"
I arrived very late - near midnight - I was greeted by a toothless, unshaven elder man, friendly but very disconcerting in appearance. He checked me into a room which I found was a smoke box and had not been cleaned, dirty towels on floor, unmade bed. I returned to front desk, he was not apologetic but did give me another room. That room did appear to have been cleaned but when I was searching for a plug I found a pile of old food containers and dirty utensils swept behind the dresser. Then in the bathroom, there were dead bugs in the bathtup and pealing wall paper patches. It was too late at night to find another hotel, but I checked out as early as possible the next morning.
3 night trip Feb 21, 2013
"visit to New Bedford"
First room given was full of the smell of cigarette smoke. Bed was unmarried pillows looked like someone was watching tv 5 minutes ago. I asked for another room and there was no other king non smoking available. Had to take a double instead. As rooms go we were surprised to find no fridge , microwave. Room was clean. Hotel felt empty and abandoned.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"It was close to Zeiterion theatre"
Hotel was very quite. I looked like we were the only guests. The only negative thing was that the pool was closed. Nice hotel overall. And close to the theater which was the main reason of our stay there.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
Julia
The front desk "guy" was rude and frankly I thought he was lying. I was put in a double bed x2 because he said he only had doubles. I booked the room 15 or 20 minutes before arriving (?) I have never had a problem with any other reservation made thru Hotels.com. Also I had to demand a copy of the receipt (which did not reflect the room details I was actual put in or the price) And the ice bucket was full of water. Because the front desk guy was not trust worthy; I will not be staying there again.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2013

"Wasn't happy"
Was not happy with the service that was provided, the only thing that was good about it was the room size and how close it was to Fall River
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Couldn't wait to leave"
The room was so dirty it just felt gross couldn't wait to leave
Other trip Apr 10, 2013

"각격대비 우수"
주변에 식당등이많아서, 이용이 편리하였으며, 안락한설비등이 가격대비 우수하였음...
2 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
Byung Chul
KR
このホテルが何故にHotels.comでリストアップされているのが不思議な位のホテルでした。 明日にでも営業を停止してもおかしくない状態です。 シャワーはチョロチョロ、アメニティーは小さな石鹸のみ、ルームライトも暗く、要するに一つ星を付けるのも難しい感じのグレード(以前はそこそこのモテルだったと想像できるが)、これから設備などの改善をしないとホテルとして営業するのは難しいのではと想像するが)  とても他の人にお奨めできるホテルではありません。(Hotels.com側でもリストアップする前に十分調査をして欲しいですね)
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
2 night business trip Mar 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for New Bedford Inn and Suites

"Not place to stay!"
09/23/15 Shannon C
This place is disgusting! Do not waste your time or hard earned pennies to stay here. I wouldn't even call this a place to stay. When you walk in it smells like mildew, stained carpet thought, pool has sludge and garbage floating on top and has obviously not been in use for a long time. The room, if u call it a room smelled and was filthy. We ended up requesting our money back and left to witness drug deals going on in parking lot. Would not recommend at all.
"A bit on the seedy side."
09/01/15 Thomas M Naples, Florida
Arriving at the motel there was no one at the front desk. Within a few minutes someone came to the desk. Asked for a room close to lobby but was put in a room under the stairs. At least it was on the first floor. The parking lot looked like a automotive repair shop work being done on cars. Just not a healthy looking situation. Not even coffee in the lobby in the morning.
"we will never forget this hotel"
08/05/15 Robin L Adams, Massachusetts
First off, let me say all I really need is a clean room and comfortable bed, which this place did furnish. Beyond that, it was really unforgettable.The toilet seat lid kept falling off and it felt like the seat itself (made of very cheap plastic) was about to fall off. The faucet leaked onto the counter when you turn on the water full blast. No curtains, just venetian blinds. The parking lot looked deserted. The place is enormous, looks like at one time it was a nice convention center, and it's a shame it's so run-down now. (big sign out front, Whaler Lounge and Convention Center). When you walk in, there is an odd chemical smell (glue? gun oil?) in the hall, though fortunately our room did not smell. I thought there was a pool, and there was, except it was locked up, and you could look through the windows and see a disgusting-looking film on the surface of the water, rolls of carpet around the pool, a table saw. Apparently it is being renovated. Down the hall from the pool, we heard water dripping after a rainstorm, went to look, and ceiling tiles were falling down with water dripping into two large garbage cans, overflowing all over the floor. I told the lady at the desk, and it was still there the next morning full of water. (that really got to me, you have no pride in your job and you can't maintain the place? no wonder it's falling apart) You can't use the side doors, had to park in the front and walk the length of the hotel to get to our room each time. No breakfast. Hardly anyone staying there, made it seem spooky. We were laughing about the place how it would be a good setting for an X-Files show or some scary movie. We will never forget this place.
"Hmmm. "
07/14/15 Felicia C
Advertised free breakfast and coffee. Nothing. Pool was okay. The rooms kind of smelled bad and so did the hallway. It smelt of noodles. Not sure why. Lots of stains everywhere. It is kind of a sketchy place but if that's all you can afford at the time, you'd be better to just sleep in your car.
"One of the Worst Hotels Ever"
07/06/15 BlownGlassGirl Killingworth, Connecticut
Went to check in, lobby was dirty. Couch's are stained. Looks like the place is falling apart. Went to use the public bathroom only one of the three stalls was functioning. Once the toilet was flushed it was coming up into the sink. Ceiling were falling in. Hallways were dirty. Opened the door to the room and it smelled of Marijuana. A non smoking room. They had no more non smoking rooms, requested my money back because I was not staying there. Was told manager would not be in till morning. Called trip advisor and they refunded my money and found me a new hotel. Do NOT go here!
"NEVER AGAIN"
07/06/15 SandyandMaya
I stayed with my family at this hotel for one night. It is safe to say that I will never book a room here again. I can't believe that I paid money to sleep here. * non smoking room stank of smoke! I stank of smoke when we left the next morning, all of my things in my suitcase smell. *blood stains on the mattress * bathroom dirty, hair in the bathtub * you could not flush the toilet handle was broken off AVOID this place!
"I rather sleep outside!"
05/01/15 AndreiaV123 Somerville, Massachusetts
Pillow had brown stains all over it. Indoor pool was beyond disgusting which was closed by the way. There was legit a shopping cart and old smelly rugs in the pool area. The hotel was absolutely filthy and smelled horrible, it hits you hard when you walk into the doors. I would rather have slept in my car, because the bed felt like sleeping on rocks anyway. I won't even discuss the bathroom situation because I will need a whole other paragraph for that alone, and this box has a character limitation. My room was situated at the back side of the building and yet I wasn't able to access the hotel from any of the side doors, only the main door which was really annoying. Apparently all the doors in the hotel were broken except 1. So all in all. Please avoid this place at all cost even if there are no other vacant hotel/motels/Inn's you better off sleeping in a refrigerator box outside. The end.
"Worst stay of my life"
01/19/15 Kate M
The woman at the desk was in a room when I arrived, had to ring a doorbell to get served. She looked as if she was sleeping. She did not smile or laugh when I made a joke. Went to room and the key didn't work at all, so I went back and did the same thing and she reset the key etc. Got into the room and it was terrible!!! Holes in sheets, only three very soft pillows(which for two people, isn't enough), no refridgerator to keep things cold, no cups to put drinks in... And to boot, no free wifi. I called to speak with the manager, and the woman on the phone, who happened to be the same one at my check in, was very rude and said that that wasn't possible because he runs three different properties. So I told her my issues and she got extremely rude about it and said that I couldn't just assume that she was sleeping. Long story short, don't waste your money!
"I'm In At The Inn...."
10/23/14 Marc C Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I just stayed here for 16 days straight and it is a very nice and affordable place to stay. It used to be a Holiday Inn years ago, and still retains all of its facilities from that time. Anoop, Tyler, Pauly, Dave, Dillon, Vicky, Heather, and Lynn are all part of the great staff. The rooms and bathrooms are quite spacious. There is plenty of parking. It is conveniently located near the highways and plenty of shopping and restaurants. I look forward to staying here again on my next visit to the area. You should stay too! Two rabbit ears up!! (\ (\ ( -.-) o_(")(")
"enjoyable"
05/28/14 stacy t Warren, Vermont
We had a good stay it was nice and clean we stayed in the west wing of the hotel which was non smoking and it was newly renovated and felt cozy and comfortable they have a nice outdoor court yard area to sit and relax as the sun goes down will most definately stay again