All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR, 97204-3390, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Clean
    Delicious food
    Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Comfortable
"Expected better for price and parking cost extra"
Disappointing, room had no air circulation, lots of street noise, bed was uncomfortable.
2 night business trip Feb 4, 2016
"Great Shuttle"
A late check in and check out helped our travel plans. The shuttle and shuttle driver were amazing.
1 night romance trip Feb 5, 2016
Bryan
"Good but awkward"
There are many great things within walking distance, shopping, food, etc. The bathrobes and slippers were a great touch. Coffee maker and alarm with iPod dock were great. The bed was comfortable but kind of awkward with 2 duvets instead of 1. The shower head was nice, but since there wasn't a door water was all over the floor. Restaurant food was good, but very pricey for the area, it is necessary to use the coupon they give. I was able to use the shuttle for a very close ride, but the driver was also being doubled as a valet so I was rushed and almost refused. The walls are thin so make sure there are no beer crawl events during your stay unless you are participating.
4 night business trip Jan 30, 2016
Monica
"A Rosy Stay"
I stayed for two nights. It wasn't apparent if the register on the wall actually controlled the room temperature or not, since it was busted. The room however was pleasant enough.
2 night business trip Feb 1, 2016
"Great for business and pleasure"
A pleasure to stay there and will bring my husband next time!
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2016
"Great staff and wonderful restaurant."
We had an appt - then just enjoyed ourselves with friends, shopped, etc.
2 night romance trip Jan 25, 2016
"Portland Getaway"
Very cool hotel and staff was very nice and helpful. The decor is beautiful and the restaurant was wonderful. There are 2 reasons why I only give this 3 stars instead of 4. One is that it was noisy with traffic noise and dogs barking. Second the room got stuffy as there is no fan to circulate the air. I had to open the window for fresh air.
3 night trip Jan 15, 2016
Kenneth
Room was way too hot to,sleep and no way to regulate temp. Too bad! Made for a lousy nights sleep.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
Myron
"Classy, quiet"
Cozy, boutique-like hotel. Quiet. Friendly hosts. Nice restaurant on main level for meals. Be aware there are extra parking fees. Valet is a nice option.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2016
Leanna
"Best hotel in Portland."
Best hotel ever! Excellent Bar/restaurant with amazing Happy Hours! Beautiful and imaginative decor, everything immaculate, great staff. Windows that open, perfect location. Just can't say enough about Hotel Rose. We will definitely stay there again. Thank you!
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2016
"Cute place"
Such a cute hotel. Feels very homey but in a fancier way. Right beside the water front within walking distance to many restaurants and the mall. Such a polite and friendly staff too. I had left something in my room and called and they got it out of the room and called me back in 5 minutes.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2016
Wonderful location right on the waterfront. Got a regular room with a metro view, but upon check-in, they were able to put us on the list for a waterfront view. The hotel was very hip and modern; loved the decor.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Emily
"Convenient location"
The location on Naito is about as convenient as you can get downtown. The valet is super fast and always helped with directions. Paradoxically, the location is also super walkable to nearby downtown stores, bars and attractions. Stayed three days.
3 night trip Dec 30, 2015
Christopher
"It was ok"
Hotel room was nice but the room was pretty noisy from road traffic. Valet parking was $20.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Cindy
Great service and they love dogs
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Nick
"Dog Friendly! Bring Your Own Blankets."
Great for a place to stay with a dog! Had to ask for the dog bed,dishes and treats.The duvet covers are awful! Two fluffy duvet covers are folded on the bed at arrival, after settling in for bed the struggle of staying covered and trying to snuggle with significant other turns into a circus.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
Chad
"Hotel Rose was very nice!"
We go to Portland a few times each year and always like to try new hotels in the downtown area. We were very impressed with Hotel Rose and would definitely chose it again! Very pleasant front desk,clean comfortable room in a great location!
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
kimberly A.
First time back at Hotel Rose since the remodel. Service and general facilities top notch. Enjoyed the bar and dining. Room wasn't as clean/fresh as I expected. Dirty handprints on curtains and a slight smell in room. Not so bad that I requested a switch but still a disconnect with the rest of the experience. Will try again in the future.
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Dietrich
"A great choice!"
I was in town for less than 24 hours - just a quick night before heading out of town the next morning. The staff was very friendly from the valet parking guys to the front desk (these were the only people I had encountered). The room was cozy(smaller than my most recent stay in Manhattan) but very comfortable. The bedding / beds were soft and the deco-styled rooms, hallways and lobby were fun. The toiletries (shower gel, shampoo & conditioner) are in dispensers in the shower and the hand soap dispenser is by the sinks. There were some negative reviews so I was a bit leery but I could not have been happier. Thank you!
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2015
"Amazing stay"
Really good place, with excellent service. Just wish I could regulate the air temp and had breakfast.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2015
Renata
"The good and bad"
Shower needed a door and metro train was kind of nosie bit other than that it was a great place. also it would be great if they would offer breakfast free or with voucher. Nice looking place by the way.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Hotel Rose!"
We were very pleased with the location of Hotel Rose, near restaurants, shopping, movie theaters. The room was small and there was only one chair so we had to take turns sitting down. Providing another seat somewhere in the room when a couple is staying would be a good idea.
2 night romance trip Nov 16, 2015
"Good location, crummy room."
Hotel was nice but the room was maybe the worst one. It was small, and cold ( I don't think the heater worked?) and there was constant noise from the highway on-ramp across the street. If you stay here I recommend asking specifically for a room on the 2-5th floors and facing the south. Bed was super comfortable though. The bathroom was nice looking, but the shower was the sort where it splashed all the over the floor. Also the soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion were in dispensers so you couldn't take any with you, which is kind of cheap in my opinion.
4 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2015
"Non-smoking hotel - room reeks of cigarette smoke"
Our expectations were too high for this place...the room was HOT yet the 1974 manual thermostat was set to 60 degrees and we had the window open...which brings me to my next point...the ear plugs on the night stand are a good indication that the noise level outside was unbelievable! In addition to these things the room smelled horrible of cigarette smoke of which the hotel had housekeeping spray air freshener that then made it smell like a cheap hotel room with a hint of cigarette smoke. (Housekeeper said there are no "smoking rooms" but there is nothing they can do to stop people from smoking) The restaurant is a waste of money and there were no bikes for rent. Overall the only reason I gave this hotel any stars was because of the proximatey to the waterfront and other attractions. I highly recommend Olympia Provisions for dinner at least one night of your trip. It was the best meal I have ever eaten.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Holly
"Overpriced dingy hotel."
Not a fan. An overpriced, hipster-supercilious, dingy hotel (in fairness, overpriced and hipstercilious are inarguable, but it's possible that dingy only applied to my room - for all I know, every other room in this horrible hotel was sweetness and light).
1 night trip with friends Oct 21, 2015
"Great hotel in a great location"
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the bed was so comfortable. I slept wonderfully. The food from the restaurant was also very good. We enjoyed our trip and would definitely stay at Hotel Rose again.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
Dulce
"LOVE the Rose"
Took the train from Seattle to Portland for the Portland Marathon. The Rose has always been a favorite for my friends and since it was located within blocks of the start line we thought we would give it a try. NOT disappointed. Wonderful soft bed in a nice clean room. The staff was super friendly and when I discovered I had left my coat in the room they found it and agreed to ship it home to Seattle for me.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
sheila
"Old hotel that was cheaply redone."
The location was pretty good. However, the hotel is very old and it was cheaply Don. I was very underwhelmed with the whole experience. I expected a lot more for the amount that I paid.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Cade
"Boutique but not luxurious"
This hotel does what it's supposed to, gives you a safe place to rest your head in a good location. When we rolled the dice with expedia's mystery hotel, we didn't know what to expect. This hotel is totally fine, weird things are the dual comforter and the soap dispensers, though we appreciate the green effort of it, the soaps seemed cheap. For the price we paid we expected more. We came to Portland on an unexpectedly busy/pricey weekend, perhaps this location is more reasonable at different times of the year.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Great downtown hotel by the river"
First, the staff is amazing; from the vallet, to the front desk, to the restaurant. Everyone was very friendly, and probably one of the best staffs I've ever seen at a hotel. Location is great! It's downtown across from the river walk park, you can pretty much walk anywhere you want downtown from here or take Portland's amazing mass transit. I think there was a train station nearby. One night of my stay there was a lot of street noise, which I guess is why they provide earplugs in your room if you want them. The street noise should be expected anywhere downtown, this has nothing to do with the hotel itself. I understand the complaints about the shower, but if pay attention when getting in you shouldn't have a big problem with water splashing. If you've not been to Portland before and really aren't planning on leaving the city, don't bother renting a car! Just take the MAX, Streetcar or even the bus where ever you need to go! The MAX goes to and from the airport. With limited parking, you are going to pay $20-35 a night at any hotel just to park. The hotel's elevators were also surprisingly quick.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
Justin
"Perfect Pineapple Hospitality"
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Portland and I would stay there again, myself. The hotel was about a $30-$40 shuttle/cab ride from the airport so I recommend taking the train in which is like $2.50 and the stop is about 2 blocks away from the hotel. Well, worth the 40 minute commute. I didn't go to the restaurant or bar but I ordered Room Service which was absolutely delicious and was delivered very quickly and the room service server was very nice. The room had a little fridge, which is nice, so you can keep snacks and drinks for yourself. The coffee maker was one of those K-Cup dealies which, flavor-wise, reminds me of coffee from a vending machine in a hospital but it was convenient. The bed was incredibly nice with an amazing pillow-top and very fluffy comforters. It was a king-size bed but it had like two twin-size comforters which was weird. But, whatever. The location of the hotel is near everything downtown and not right smack dab near everything which is up to you. My only gripe with the room was the shower. The shower was a walk-in style shower with a rain-shower head that was one of those water saver types with low flow. That was doable. The shower had no door or curtain. It had half a "window" that served as a door which got water on the floor which was very inconvenient and somewhat dangerous if you're not careful. Overall, I highly recommend Hotel Rose. Loved it!
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
Ed
"Very nice"
My wife and I stayed a couple of nights. Had a great time in Portland. Only downsight was the almost unusable free wifi due do slow connection.
2 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
Axel
"It was okay..."
We stayed at this hotel because we did the dinner cruise on the Portland Spirit as it was the closest hotel to the boat. The area that the hotel is at is a little seedy but we walked fast and got into our room safely. At first, I wasn't really impressed with the hotel because of a staff member at the front desk. The person who checked us in seemed a little snooty and certainly lacked customer service skills. Other than that, our visit was enjoyable aside from a few little nuances. The other thing that threw me off was the size of the rooms! They are rather small! The pictures on hotels.com do not show the actual size of the rooms. But the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was quiet, and the AC worked. They also charge you $15 for parking your car in their parking garage, which is below the hotel. I found that rather odd and they didn't disclose that in the beginning. All in all, I don't think the room was worth the cost.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Nicholas
"Sister Walks"
My sister and I have been staying here for several years when we walk in the Komen Race for the Cure. It's always comfortable, we have a great view of the city and the riverfront park, the staff in friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"A rose in Portland"
Excellent property and great friendly staff. Comfortable rooms and decent wifi for a hotel. I highly recommend Hotel Rose.
3 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
"Five Star Price for a Two Star Experience"
I am not allowed to post the price of my one-night stay. If I were allowed, it would astound you. Seriously, how is this hotel rated four stars? It is old and shabby. There are no amenities to speak of. The rooms are uncomfortable. The air conditioning does not work. There is no internet connection other than a completely unsecured and glacially slow wireless connection. The first thing that greets you when you enter your room is a pamphlet on security: do not open your door to strangers, keep your valuables in the hotel safe, etc. This pamphlet is needed, because downtown Portland, while beautiful during the day, is a sketchy area at night. Closing the windows and pulling the curtains could not keep out the noise of the drug-addicts howling at the moon on the street five stories below. (The "hotel" is only five stories tall.) It didn't keep out the noise of the traffic either. The staff seem overworked and underpaid. Although they will do what you ask, they are very impatient about it. Be sure to ask nicely. The bathroom did not have bars of soap. It had dispensers bolted to the wall. I am sure this must be a necessary loss-prevention measure. That alone tells you something about the hotel's environment. If I had only paid a two-star price for this hotel, I might be inclined to generously grant it three stars. However, I had to pay a five-star, luxury hotel price. Avoid this hotel if you can. I couldn't wait to leave in the morning.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Nice hotel but......"
Bloods stain on bed pad.Yuck! it was changed, when I requested it. Portland has a bad homeless problem which was uncomfortable.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
"Nothing Special"
Nothing special for the price.
1 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
Patrick
"Nice hotel downtown Portland"
This hotel was a good location to get out and about in Portland. Walked to voodoo doughnuts and multiple solid microbrew destinations. Our room kind of smelled like cigarette smoke and I went down and mentioned it to the front desk shortly after check in. I asked if they could send someone up with an air freshener. We were in the room for another few hours and went out to dinner for about an hour. Unless someone came up in the hour we were out eating, no response came from our complaint about the smell in the room. So this was a bit disappointing. I am usually not one to complain so when I do I really expect a response. Otherwise we were pleased with the hotel. The shower and towels were a plus. Bed was comfy. The comforters were split on our king bed which was a bit weird. Overall I'd say we had a 3, maybe 4 out of 5 experience.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
"Hotel near Willamette River"
I don't know who is responsible for the interior design of this hotel but it was most dissatisfying. It ranged from garish to dismal depending on whether you were in the public spaces or the room. The only high point was the free shuttle driven by a young woman named Jennifer who was as kind and helpful as can be. We never needed to use our car to go to restaurants or the rose garden and she willingly gave us a tour of the city whenever we called her. The staff was agreeable and helpful too. Our room was too near the elevators and the thumping and banging when they were used, which was constantly except for very late at night for about three or four hours, made it difficult to sleep. This hotel is well located but needs a thorough redesign and renovation in my view.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Nice hotel, great location"
Nice hotel. Lobby is very modern. Rooms are clean. Beds were comfortable. I liked how each person got their own down comforter on the bed. It was a little noisy at night with the train running nearby but not too bad. Only complaint is that the shower door only goes across half of the shower, so the entire bathroom would be flooded after taking a shower. It just made it uncomfortable to go in the bathroom after a shower-- cold wet feet.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
Caitlin
We really enjoyed that the hotel lent bikes for free. The room was comfortable. I had seen from other reviews that some people complained of the noise: the hotel has provided ear plugs; however, the only problem was that they only provided one pair! Other than that, no complaints.
1 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
Erin
My cousin and I stayed one night. Great room and great location. Friendly staff.
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
"Ok, but Disappointing"
I was a little disappointed with Hotel Rose. It felt like they cut corners in some ways that may come across as boutique or chic to some, but just felt lazy to us. The shower has a glass wall that only extends for half the length of the shower and there is no tub. Different and visually appealing maybe, but if one person is showering and the other is using the sink, they get splashed and the floor gets wet if you adjust the shower head out at all. Plus, no privacy! Another example of half-assed chic was the absence of a top sheet. You have to request one. It took two calls to the front desk to get it and then there we are making our own bed at a hotel. Parking is $15 for self-park or $20 for valet. It wasn't a huge deal, but the valet was nonexistent when we pulled up and there is no sign to tell you how to self-park. The neighborhood is good for downtown. Walking distance to a lot, but the view suffers in a 5 story building among sky scrapers. I would definitely book a different hotel next time in Portland.
2 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
nothing bad to say about this hotel. The staff were extremely nice/helpful/outgoing. The gym was a little small, but still better than other gyms. The location is perfect for walking everywhere and the rail system is on the same block and very convenient. The beds were extremely comfortable!
3 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
"would go back"
Staff was so friendly. Being in downtown Portland we took full advantage of their free shuttle, as long as it is within 3 miles of the hotel. We found tons to do within this range. The rooms were so nice and beds were really comfortable. Loved that they change the full bedding with each guest so you can feel free to snuggle up with your comforter at night.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Good location, comfy beds; restaurant left a little to be desired, so woul not recommend it. Overall, great stay.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"Close to attractions"
Great hotel close to the river walk. The Hop On Hop Off bus takes you to all major attractions.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Fun Hotel"
We loved our stay, the bed alone is worth the visit - so comfy. The staff is extremely friendly...we enjoyed the valet from the cleaning crew. I do however think it is odd not to have a hair dryer in the room, unless I missed it? The inside of the room isn't as trendy and cool looking as the rest of the hotel, but still a nice room. Overall, a good stay and we enjoyed our time there.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"A Rose by any other Name"
We found the staff to be the most friendly, attentive & supportive of all the hotels we have stayed at in the US & the world, including Paris, London, Stockholm. Beijing, Shanghai, & other cities. My wife needs a hip replacement & has plantar fasciitis; ergo, we needed transportation. Between the bikes & their shuttle service, we were able to travel around Portland. Only complaint is they need more bikes. The bikes are first come-first serve for 4 hour stints. So if you absolutely need a bike to get around & you aren't early or fortunate enough to get one, you could have a problem. Other than that - a five star review (although we didn't partake of the restaurant/bar).
Other trip Aug 24, 2015