All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR, 97204-3390, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Don't do it"
Unless you find the sweet spot in travel days and do not need the air conditioner or heating, stay away.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Pleasant"
Handy to downtown and the MAX to the airport, Zoo, and Washington Park. The staff were young but very kind. Room service and restaurant menu were a little spendy and sophisticated for my tastes. The hotel could use an outside makeover to match the great rooms and extremely comfy beds. Ear plugs were provided for street noise but it really quieted down apt at night. I'd stay again!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
karenodie
"Central location"
Awkward bathroom. Low lighting in mirror made shaving difficult. Half glass wall in shower not effective. Bathroom floor flooded every time .
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"An excellent experience"
The hotel has a very good restaurant and bar. Everyone was very polite and knowledgeable. The bed was very comfortable and the wireless Internet required no login and was very fast.
2 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Great place, the beds were very comfortable and the hotel was clean. The rooms were a little small for 3 people but we also had a patio which is very nice.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"I will definitely stay at Hotel Rose in the future"
I was impressed with the service on the hotel side of Hotel Rose. However, the daytime staff in the restaurant lacked in service and people skills. The menu choices were limited and not overly appealing. The location was close to shopping and entertainment. Easy access to I 5 and I 84.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
"Pleased with my stay"
Overall I enjoyed Hotel Rose and would stay there again if I found a rate deal again. Pros: The bed was extremely comfortable, everything was very clean, the staff was genuinely friendly, and the two meals I had from the restaurant were delicious. Location was very convenient to restaurants, shopping, and public transportation. Cons: room was pretty chilly - I had to turn the thermostat up to nearly 80 to take the chill off. Glass enclosure of shower looked nice but did not contain the water, so I had to waste towels mopping the floor after my shower. The light rail right outside was rather loud, although I personally slept through it fine without the complimentary ear plugs. None of these were major complaints.
2 night trip Jan 12, 2015
Overall good experience. In good location. Unfortunately, heat was not working properly and room got too hot.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"MARINA DISTRICT SAN FRANCISCO"
It's an older hotel. The room is fine; the bed comfortable, bathroom is ok, elevator in building. Breakfast included: cereal, fruit, yogurt, bread. No parking on site, but paid parking (ample room) about a block away. There is a lot of noise because it is right on the street, but not noticeable if windows closed. It is a reasonable price AND a great deal for the value. If there is an earthquake while you are staying, well . . .
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Joan
"Decent hotel. Not the greatest."
The hotel itself was nice. The "Waterfront view" was of the river across the street. Valet parking was $20/ night and only until 11pm, so if you get there after, plan on parking your own car. There was a lot of noise from traffic in the middle of the night. The room was clean but it got way too warm, even after turning down the thermostat.
1 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
"Perfect Place if you Don't Want to Sleep"
For the price point, great location and friendly staff. Easy parking and great waterfront view. HOWEVER...if you cherish your sleeping time, the waterfront view is nice but very loud. If you like to sleep with a window open, good luck...that ain't happening. There's a reason why they give you ear plugs.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
"10/10 Would Stay Again"
We were only in Little Seattle for one night, but for that night Hotel Rose was awesome. Quiet, clean room, great location, and great price! And there was free coffee and cupcakes in the afternoon!! Who doesn't love free cupcakes?? The front desk/ consierge was great, too. They suggested some really awesome Portland Classics for us to see and provided us with a tooth brush at 1am when we realized we had forgotten one! Hotel Rose is staffed by angels, I tell you!
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Danielle
We have stayed here a few times now and the staff, location, cleanliness, and room quality are great. We plan on returning for future trips.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
doug
"The Rose is a gem..."
Stayed here over the holidays and couldn't have been happier. Steps from the Max line, blocks from all the downtown fun. You must try the Bottle & Kitchen, tasty food charming service and so not like "hotel food".
2 night trip Dec 25, 2014
It was great experience, I will truly stay there again.
Annabell
"Favorite new place to stay and close to everything"
This place is great The staff is awesome the rooms are beyond nice, pet friendly too but no smell - The hotel is on the river our room had a great view. Close to the pearl 15 min walk or a 5 dollar cab ride - Max station a block away lots of close food. The food at the hotel is great- room service totally reasonable and a nice treat. They gave us a late check out too 1 pm - I will try to stay here again over any other place the rates were AWESOME for this Hotel -
Musician
"Very nice hotel close to the waterfront."
Stylish and luxurious. Very nice. Classy. Valet parking, nice lobby, cozy bar, contemporary design. It can be noisy, though. The Max passes right outside, scraping around a corner, every 10 minutes or so. I got used to it because I'm not typically bothered much by noise from outside but you might be. There can also be noise from revellers exiting nearby seedy bars and clubs. Still, a great Portland location.
"Fabulous location"
This was a perfect place! Great water views, friendly service and super accommodating. Wish they had a pool though.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice urban hotel but..."
Trip was nice but the morning receptionist was unprofessional and rude. I called 20 minutes prior to walking down to the front desk to inform the receptionist I wanted my car from valet; I walked down to find out she hadn't even told the valet man. She barely made eye contact. Not an employee I would want representing my hotel!
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Hotel rose"
Fun time in portland! Great location!
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Perfect location and amenities"
Excellent and helpful staff, assisted with dining options, bicycle loan of beach cruisers, tickets for concert and parking. We easily navigated to the hotel from I-5 and never got back in the car. An upgrade allowed for a river view, and the room was very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Candy
"Expensive for quality. Worst hotel stay."
The room was absilutely freezing when we arrived. Called the desk. She states, oh yes, we are on a boiler system so the thermostat works like an on/off switch. Turn it all the way left to 40 degrees to turn it on. OK really!! Can you post a note above it so that I know that. Turned it on, got cold air for 30 minutes. Finally felt something warmer. Thenlater when we needed to turn it on from a neutral position, we had to turn it all the way to the right 90 degrees. The hotel allows dog, dogs were barking (not the hotels fault). And on this visit, there was a car alarm that went off 7 times in the night. After 2, the hotel should have investigated the situation. Worst night ever. I was exhasuted and freezing!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Good location-glorified motel"
The location is good for walking, the room ruined our stay. It is small, no side table on one side of the bed so we had to use a chair. You can't adjust the room temperature so it's too hot or too cold. They blast the heat during the night where it was so hot we couldn't breathe. We had a river view room that is on the street corner of busy road, freeway and trains going by all night. When we complained to the front desk they were not surprised and offered ear plugs as a solution. The noise was unbearable and we didn't sleep both nights we were there. Couldn't open the windows to cool the room down. Last straw was the parties going on in rooms near us until 5am-doors slamming, yelling, up and down hallways. Went down to reception at 2:30am to complain about the party noise and it continued until that time. Terrible experience at this place and we would never stay there again.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Possum
"Ok, nothing special"
this hotel was just ok. The beds were comfy but the room was very small and not well appointed. I've stayed at such beautiful hotels in PDX that I just felt underwhelmed. The bathroom door was especially terrible and afforded the user zero privacy. In a room with two double beds that seemed like a glaring design error. Having spent as much on this room as I had at other places I was expecting something a little more elegant. It is an easy walk to OMSI though which was probably the best feature.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Erika
"over all saticfaction"
City views were great view of the river was great I enjoyed my stay at this property including the food and lounge. I will stay there again and gladly. Now the bad news... The trolly train was right under my window and the noise all night long was most disturbing. I had hoped that perhaps the trolly would stop running by midnight.... IT DIDN'T. Then came the railroad trains three of them to be exact...they laid on their horns all the way through town.. Unmercifully! God those horns are loud! I did convey my thoughts about how I enjoyed my stay there to the front desk manager and how I will be back, BUT I will be more prepared for the trains next time. Now I know why they provide complimentary ear plugs in the room :-) All in all....A great property and the quality so far outweighs the city noises one can expect. PS....I suggested that perhaps the ownership think about sound proofing the windows on the trolly side of the building! Michael R. Moore
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Nice, well-kept facility, convenient to downtown-"
Close to shopping and Pioneer Square events, easy access to interstate
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Nice place, thermostat woes."
Great location, very helpful staff and beautiful hotel. My only complaint is that you can't control the temperature of your room.. I called down & got a long explanation about their system, with the result being, we control it down here for the whole place. Didn't like that, but oh well.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Casey
"Nice..convenient to Max."
Great stay..surprisingly quiet room even though near the Max line. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Cecily
Right on the light rail line, convenient to central shopping. Nicely remodeled with a cozy lounge. Rooms are nice, bed comfy and everything is clean. Hotel staff is good. Problem is the HVAC, which is either on or off, so adjusting the room temp was hard. Opening the windows let in a lot of noise. Took a day to figure out how to keep the room at the right temp. Good value, however.
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
"A wonderful Portland stay"
Loved Hotel Rose and will return. Great waterfront location and just blocks to shopping and public transportation. I've tried many Portland hotels and this one has the right combination of what you need - we had breakfast, not dinner, but Portland is such a foodie place you can't go wrong anywhere. Stay high for best views.
2 night family trip Sep 20, 2014
"Downtown fun"
In Portland for fun anf the holiday ale fest at pioneer square which is in the heart of downtown. The hotel was walking distance to almost everything -- restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.
3 night trip Dec 4, 2014
Great Location downtown. Max goes by, so there is the noise and the train woke me in the middle of the night. Not loud, and could be soothing, but I wasn't expecting that. King size bed was fine. Like the TV high on the wall. The bathroom was nice. Could have had a mirror in front of the desk for primping. Valet was great! Felt safe and the bar was friendly.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Good location to downtown Portland. Friendly front desk and bar staff. Comfortable room. Street and streetcar noise very noticeable.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Great location and service!"
We loved this hotel!! Perfect location, great resturaunt/bar, excellent service, and they were very friendly to our dog, even gave her some treats at the front desk that he just about went crazy over. Only complaint was that it was very hot in our room and even when we adjusted the thermostat to cool hot air blasted out of the vent, so we had to leave the windows open and it was very loud outside (we were facing the river). It was an awesome view though!
2 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
"Pineapple Hospitality was awesome!"
Great place, very clean, staff were all knowledgeable about the area, and gave me good advice, as well as being friendly. Amenities were above expectations (lots of free stuff in room/available at front desk) and the free bike rentals were a godsend in downtown. Their location was perfect to get to anything you might want to see in Proper as well. The only downside I had was that the heater in my room was about 15-20 degrees off (from the dial to the actual thermostat) which took some toying with to not bake in my room, but otherwise everything was great!
2 night trip Dec 3, 2014
Matthew
"Well situated"
The Hotel Rose was an upscale and attractive accommodation that was well situated to the location of my business conference in Downtown Portland. It also afforded me a convenient walk to restaurants the night before and day long parking at a minimal expense so I didn't have to relocate after check out time.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Noisy"
Parts of the hotel was under construction that was annoying. My room was next to the Max line that was loud.but they did provide ear plugs.
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
It was great. But don't like the fact you have to write a review!!!!!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"birthday perks!"
We received special treatment for my husband's birthday. That was great. Our only mil complaint was how long it took for them to bring us coffee... we had to call twice
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Monica
"nice city view of cityscape from 5th floor"
Breakfast was delish, bed very comfortable and suitable, bath robes a delite and a shower expierience to remember a romantic experience that wont be forgotten
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
ken
The original review was rejected without explanation. The hotel was good. Expedia not so much.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Downtown hotel, close to everything"
Remodeled hotel, close to public transportation and to most downtown sights. Parking costs extra.
Nick
Everything was good, free cupcake on check-in, ordered room service, no longer serve the root beer on the menu and were out of ravioli when we called--otherwise no complaints
"Perfect location, near river and downtown shopping"
Such a cute, friendly boutique hotel. Would definitely stay again, although the traffic outside was a bit noisy for a weekday night. Otherwise, so close to all the shops and downtown location. Room was really clean and downstairs bar/restaurant had excellent deals!
"Good hotel needs some work."
Nice staff and good location but needs some TLC. Drapes were worn and soiled. Baseboard was missing in spots in the hallways, walls were faded, and ac unit was old and not highly functional. Beds were comfy and that was a plus. No pay per view options on tv. Street noise was a little noticeable.
isabel
"Nice location, excellent service"
The three night stay was very pleasant. Positives: the staff was very nice and accommodating; the restaurant had a great menu at reasonable prices; it is a short turn away from a train stop, making it easy to get around without a car; complimentary umbrellas for the duration of your stay Neutral: my view was a grey wall; I didn't care, but if you do care about views, then I guess don't get the Metro view Negative: My AC refused to really go below the high 70s, but that was okay since opening the windows brought me the temperature I desired. I don't know how this would go in the summer, though.
Dee
Stayed 6 nights. It was just an ok hotel. Really noisy not good for light sleepers. Fridge was not working, had a maintenance guy come check it out. He confirmed it wasn't working and that he was sorry but they didn't have any he could switch it out for. Umm ok. Room only had heat but no cool air. It did get a little warm in there at times.
"Overall nice hotel"
Pros: VERY comfy bed, bike rentals, central location, very nice restaraunt/ bar attached to hotel with great happy hour. Cons: weird bathroom (shower and closet-like door closure), pay for overnight parking ($15 basic or $25 valet), no DVD player or hookups for tv.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
Rebecca
"A Rose of any color"
The Hotel Rose rooms are what every traveler wants: central location, on site and nearby restaurants, comfortable bed, high treat count sheets, soft comforter, large HD TV, free wifi, clean modern bathroom. The hotel has complimentary bicycles which I used to ride to the Convention Center 10 minutes away. The M Train stops one block from the hotel. They provided a $10 certificate to eat at the on-site restaurant which is enough to pay for a breakfast. I highly recommend the Rose as a place to stay in downtown Portland.
3 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Russell
Super comfortable bed, great location. Easy walk to Saturday Market. Hotel and valet staff very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014