All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
50 SW Morrison Street, Portland, OR, 97204-3390, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Cool hotel, good location"
Cool funky hotel. Great location walking distance to downtown. Need more ro in bathroom Dinner menu kind if strange Overall nice place
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
"A Rose is a Rose"
Just came back from a vist to Corvallis and Portland, Oregon, stopping to play some music in Corvallis. I spent one night at Hotel Rose. I had stayed at that location previously when it was a Stash Hotel. Prior, I had gotten a room upgrade for booking through Expedia. This not - not. In addition, for my "VIP" booking, I would up getting a room right across from the elevator...with it's associated movement and noise. So, I'm unsure as to what that special VIP status has to eeither the hotel or Expedia.That said, it's a nice hotel in a very good location for South Waterfront activities. The light rail stops about a block behind the hotel up Yamhill, so it's quite convenient if you want to ditch the car. Paddy's Pub is located in the same block with nice serevers, good outdoor tables, and nice servers. Always stop there for a pint of Guinneess.It's also directly across from the Waterfront Park in all its weekend glory with the weekend markets and food, music, creative folks, and interesting characters across the Portland social landscape. The Morrison Bridge is right next door with an easy airport drive. It's also straight up the street to Pioneer Square and my fave downtown taqueria "Taqueria Maya." Lastly, Portland is a good walking town and the likes of Kells Irish Pub, Voodoo, and Powell's are but a brisk walk away. There's an on-site restaurant as well, which I've not yet tried, but the looks and smells of the items were appetizing. Would I stay here again? Sure.
"Great for Business"
The Rose was pleasant and relaxing after business meetings. The staff was great and it was clean.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Great location and great comfort"
Absolutely loved our stay. 1) Fantastic location. Easy to walk around, plenty of places to eat/shop nearby, and close to public transport and car shares if one wants to go to other areas. 2) Very helpful staff, incredibly comfortable beds, great sized room for the two of us. Restaurant and bar downstairs was good for a quick bite to eat (didn't stay for meals, so can only speak to our snacks). 3) For those who aren't used to city noises, the hotel provides ear plugs. We're from a larger city, so are used to traffic and the sound of trains in the distance. I find it helpful white noise, but something to keep in mind. Overall, enjoyed our stay and definitely recommend.
diane
Depending which level you are in the hotel the main road next to the hotel may wake you around morning rush hour which might not be a problem for most business travelers and like many other reviews have stated the walls are paper thin (I was able to hear almost a full conversation) but if your neighbors are courteous which ours were during the night hours this hotel, staff, and views of the Willamette are worthwhile in my opinion.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Casual Traveler
"A little loud, but amazing staff!"
The customer service here was amazing! We called a few times before arriving and everyone was always very nice. When we arrived at the hotel staff was extremely friendly and checked us into a room ASAP. The people at the restaurant were also very nice and the hotel was very accommodating. Beds were very comfy and location is pretty good. Cons: our metro view room faced a wall, there was a train stop right outside, and there was a bar nearby where drunk people were screaming all night. Also, the room doors slam shut. Overall, very loud! We talked to the front desk the next morning and explained how horrible the first night had been and they happily moved us to another room on a different side of the hotel and it was so much quieter. They were very nice and didn't even charge us extra. I would definitely splurge for a room with a water view for a more relaxing experience. Their customer service and room comfort is 110%, but some sound proof windows and quiet closing doors would make Hotel Rose perfect all around.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Dustin
"Hotel is decent"
The hotel staff were very nice, and accommodating. I was here on business (aka just to sleep); on to that part. I could see how some people would not be able to sleep. The hotel is located near a busy intersection (and bridge loop). I woke up the first night at 4 am to the sound of big rig horn. The following nights I slept fine. One cool perk, they have a restaurant downstairs that isn't half bad; the hotel also throws in a $10 coupon that carrys no exclusions. Being use to walking around Downtown SF; I'd have to say everything in Downtown Portland is walking distance. In Portland for one or two nights? Check this place out.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Hotel Rose"
Wonderful location, wonderful people, great restaurant. I will stay here again for sure.
2 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
Brent
"Mediocre - won't be staying there again"
Forced air = no air conditioning. We had to place a fan in the open windows to keep the room cool enough to sleep in. The open shower plan seemed cool, but water ended up all over the floor. The shower head wasn't all that great either. The hotel staff was super friendly. I wouldn't stay there again though.
4 night trip Mar 10, 2015
The bed was uncomfortable, the room was small for two people, not enough space for luggage or drawers for storage. The hotel is in a great location.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Pleasant stay on the edge of downtown."
A comfortable but not luxurious hotel in an excellent location for both business and pleasure trips to Portland. The hotel is across the street from the waterfront park and is on the edge of the downtown area. This makes it a pleasant place to return to after conducting business downtown as its a bit removed but still very walkable. The neighborhood seems fairly safe and slightly removed from the nightlife along Burnside.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Love Hotel Rose"
I always try to book Hotel Rose! It is so comfortable and the staff is great. And I absolutely love the location; so central to most everything!
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
Kristina
"Great hotel, great location"
This hotel is a great value. Many of the larger hotels in downtown Portland seem to have their prices driven up by conference budgets. Hotel Rose was a good price and in a great location, right next to the river. There is a MAX Station nearby, as well as a park along the river, easy access to downtown Portland, and many popular landmarks within walking distance. The staff was friendly, valet parking was cheap (for hotel parking), the rooms were small but nice with a good bathroom. The beds were extremely comfortable. The room service was fairly priced (!!!) and breakfast was quite good. We didn't get a chance to dine in the restaurant, judging by the room service I would guess it's very good. My only complaint with the room was the TV picture was pretty bad for being so new. Also, there can be a decent amount of noise if you're on the side of the hotel facing the MAX/highway. Finally, if I could be a tiny bit nitpicky, I really don't like being asked "what brings you into town?" by every staff member. I'm sure many people like that kind of banter but I could do without it. ("So what are you in Portland for?" "A funeral") That being said, this would be my first choice in hotels in downtown Portland. Great value and really nice property and staff.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Great Location and Front Desk Staff"
We stayed here 1 night as part of a road trip. The front desk attendant that checked us in was very nice and friendly. The room was small but really clean and the bed was very comfortable. They have nice little touches in the room like bottled water and a Keurig. They also had good shampoo and condition provided in the bathroom for you. The hotel bar/restaurant was very visually appealing so we decided to try it out that night. We probably would have stayed there most of the night but the bartender was not really interested in us. She didn't make conversation or make any recommendations when we asked her about drinks so we left and went to another bar. The attendant in the morning was also very nice and friendly. Great location and great views. Worth the money.
1 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
"Lacking comfort"
I came here for a last minute getaway. I chose this hotel because they were dog friendly. First... It says $20 per accommodation for pets.... That means $20 flat for the trip (at least with my experience with other hotels). They should change the fee and state $20 per night. My two main concerns..... FIRST.... THERES NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!! I had a room on the second floor, facing the river so my room was hot and muggy all day and night! It was ridiculous trying to sleep. Sure they have windows.... Which led to my SECOND concern..... ITS TOOOOO NOISY!!!! I should've known when I noticed they offer ear plugs on the night stand! I heard trains, traffic, pedestrians ALL NIGHT long! My pup kept me up all night barking at the drunks returning to their cars late at night (and yes the window was closed at that point!!) I would NEVER stay there again!
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Will stay again!"
very pleasant stay and the staff was very courteous!
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Lourdes
"Rose Perfection!"
I loved this place! The hotel itself is very cool and clean. The staff was always there to help and open the doors for you. They even had complimentary bicycles and umbrellas. This hotel is located right on the water front and still within walking distance of most of downtown. All rooms are equipped with their own keurigs and cute mugs as well as a robe and slippers (if you choose). I loved this piece of pineapple property!! :)
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Bpop
"A little gem"
Great location, clean, and well appointed. Staff was very helpful and kind. This will definitely be a repeat many times over.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
Mia
"Expedia and hotel"
this is a good hotel with nice staff。clean and have enough space。however,when I asked my receipt,the front desk women who check out for me answered that I should ask Expedia for my receipt。why?I want to know is this a policy in this hotel.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Yolanda
"Rose - Portland"
Overnight business stay
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
Great downtown location. Cool views, some street noise but nothing that kept us up. Good little gym. Wish the bikes were more available though.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"First trip to Portland"
We stayed at the hotel for three nights and were very satisfied. I called at 3 am to see if we would be able to get an early check in and was told that they weren't able to guarantee it but they would put a note on my reservation. I arrived at noon and was told my room had been ready since 7 am. Wonderful! We were also given a map of the city and places pointed out for us to visit, along with a couple coupons for the hotel restaurant, and invited to cupcakes and coffee at 3. The room itself was clean and comfortable. The bed was amazing to sleep on and the in room Keurig was a great touch. Would definitely come here again on another visit to Portland.
3 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"lovely hotel"
lovely courteous staff. right on the river so it is easy to access the rest of the city, walking distance from shopping and dining and just a minute off the freeway so it is very easy to find. i'll stay there again next time.
2 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
"Not bad"
Great location. I feel it was a bit over priced but internet was included and parking was cheaper than other places.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Good Hotel Option for Downtown Portland"
Had a nice stay at the Hotel Rose. Would definitely go back as a mid range option. A few quick details: 1) Very friendly staff 2) Apparently there are free bike rentals, though they were all in use when we wanted to use them 3) Free coffee and tea in your hotel room 4) Remodeled and modern hotel 5) In a good location that is walking distance/short cab ride to places. Overall a good bargain and a place I would go back to in the future.
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Clean, great location, good restaurant and right on the waterfront.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
r
"Strange Place Next to the Freeway"
Disappointing hot noisy room. Small beds, one too small blanket that we didn't need. Weird decorations and colors
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Make certain you have a river front view !!"
Nice location. Service was good. Room was comfortable. However, too bad only one of the two elevators was working.
3 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Great for the price!"
The hotel offered a great happy hour all day Sunday . Street noise was noticeable especially on north side. Great deal for a great location in Portland.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Debbie
"Great hotel and location"
Great hotel! It was in a great location and the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the valet! The room was very clean and comfortable and we had a nice view of the city. We will definitely be staying there again!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
krystal
"Royal rose recommend"
Nice hotel, great location.
2 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Extremely noisy room!!!! Noises from cars, train, dogs barking, slammed doors, etc. A hair in the pillow!
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Paula
"Hotel Rose"
Hotel Rose is in a great location downtown, just steps from the MAX and right next to the river. However, at about 11:00 on our first night our bathroom filled up with cigarette smoke, presumably from the guest next door or below us (we were on the 5th floor). My husband called the front desk and they assured us smoking was against policy and they would look into the cause. We shut the bathroom door and opened a window. Unfortunately, late the next night it happened again, chokingly thick smoke coming out of the bathroom vents. It made our room smell like an old casino rather than a 4-star hotel. We also had an issue with housekeeping. We left our room at about 10:00 a.m., and were gone most of the day. When we returned in late afternoon housekeeping still had not come through. We called the front desk and they told us that sometimes housekeeping starts as early as 8:00 a.m., and if you are still in your room they don't clean it. We found this odd, who leaves their hotel room before 8:00 a.m. while on vacation? They told us they would send housekeeping up in a few minutes, so we went down to the restaurant to be out of their way, and stayed there for over an hour. When we got back to our room housekeeping had just gotten arrived, and we had to wait in the hall until they were finished. The walls were very thin and we had to listen to screaming and fighting from another room. For the price, it was a rather uncomfortable stay.
2 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Elisabeth
"Very Cozy"
The hotel was easy to find, however you have to park at vallet to get to the front desk. The front desk was very friendly and nice. Asked if it was my first time in Portland and gave me books of restaurants and things to do. Once I got in my room and settled, they called again later to make sure everything was fine. The rooms are very clean and the beds are so comfy. Only downfall was that there was no air conditioning, but they did have windows that open. Just wasn't fun that it was raining and loud outside. Overall, the hotel is very comfortable and nice.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Evie
"Hotel Rose Thumbs Up"
Went for a weekend get away to Portland. Room was very nice an clean. It was a nice touch they gave us a $10 voucher for resturant lounge- we used it for breakfast which was very good
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Small but adequate"
The standard room is on the small size but sufficient for two people or short stays, and for the price. Hidden jewel of this hotel is the restaurant which boasts a fabulous menu. I would go back for the food.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Elaine
"Good price"
Good room for a good price. The shower only had one glass panel and there was't a door, so water got everywhere.
2 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
The hotel is wonderful and had a great stay. Only complaint was parking was very limited and walls thin with doors next to room so they were very loud when closing.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Our Place to Stay in PDX!"
We have stayed at Hotel Rose on numerous occasions. We love the location downtown and close to the park. Most everything is in walking distance. The restaurant is great with a good Happy Hour menu. Love the look after the remodel. Hotel staff is very nice and helpful. This is our place to stay!
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Jacob
"comfortable and within walking distance of most of"
enjoyed room and restaurant as well as front desk staff
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Hotel Rose and recent stay."
The Rose sits on the edge of downtown Portland with views of the city center and the river area. Perfectly located to access most of downtown. I don't think I've ever slept in a more comfortable bed at a hotel! Wish I could of taken that home with me (and I spent thousands on my mattress). Little noisy if you are not use to living in a city with 24 hour traffic. They did provide ear plugs in a cup next to bed. Highly recommend for anyones stay!
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Shane
The bar and the bar staff were sub par. Everything else was great!
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
A nice and comfortable experience, great staff and good food
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nicely remodeled, older building, close to city."
Great view of the river front and biking, walking in the park. Comfy with great linens and nice TV and free internet. Located minutes from the City center, shopping and restaurants. Staff very helpful. Covered parking area (with a fee).
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Nanny
"Great Staff, Great Location, Small/Awkward Rooms"
For what you spend, the rooms are surprisingly small. I mean, wow, really small. I also wasn't so thrilled with the fact that there wasn't a closet in which I could stash away my suitcase or even really hang up a coat. It wasn't big enough and it shred a door with the bathroom. Modern, sure! Convenient and useful? Not so much. That said, the staff were fantastic. The sparkly bowling ball purple floors were a hoot. The little cupcakes were a nice touch too. And the location is about as convenient as you could get if you need to get all over the city.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Jeanne
"Great services, but not awesome room."
We booked a hotel for waterfront view which it was very nice view. Great services. A couple of comments are the hotel itself that had been remodeled interior, but the building is probably an old structure. We got a room that staying above some kind of machine/boiler or something that vibrating 24 hours. Luckily, the bed is high enough to not feel annoying on vibration. Another comment, when we got there it was a 60 F degree day. There was no air conditioning cs the hotel was running the heater only. So, we had to turn off the heater and open the window to get some breeze. Then, it was too noisy from street noise to sleep. If you look for a quite place to stay, may be ask for the higher floor or go in the summer time when the air conditioning is running. If you go in the winter time, may be make sure it is cold enough to keep the window shut.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Great location in the heart of PDX!"
The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, one of the best staff experiences I have ever had at a hotel. The room was very clean, and the location was perfect! Who wouldn't love a water view right across the street with a beautiful park to walk their dogs?! The room was very clean, nice big window with a view, and a spacious bathroom. The only downside was that the room did not have A/C, and it just happened to be an abnormally warm day in Portland (64 Degrees). Due to not having A/C, we had to request a fan for our room. The hotel was very accommodating, but the fan was very tiny. Additionally, since we were right off the road, it was very noisy when we left the windows open and it made it hard to get a good nights rest. This was totally out of the staffs control, so no need to be upset with the people at the front desk. Everyone we ran into that worked for Hotel Rose was friendly. I would stay here again, but I would be sure that it was a nice cool day so the room wasn't so hot!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
is great and staff was impeccableI enjoyed my stay very much
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Great location to downtown Nice rooms Quiet for sleeping
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Lovely boutique hotel by the river"
Our friends in Portland recommended hotel Rose and we found it to be a quintissentially Portland boutique hotel. The recent remodel is very stylish, the staff very helpful and friendly and the breakfast in the restaurant was an added surprise. We plan on staying here every time we go to Portland.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015