All hotels in Cairns, Queensland, Australia
87 Lake Street, Cairns, QLD, 4870, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

"3 nights stay"
Nice building and friendly staff however our room was extremely old and you can feel it in the mattress and blanket... We also got bitten by bed bugs :( if rooms were in a better shape it could be a very good place as it is in a good location and it has a lovely terrace
3 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
Place is older and has not been renovated in what looks to be 50 years. Decent location. I think anything over $70ish US dollars per night would not be a good deal.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2015
Below average security, comfort and service. Good central CBD location. Noisy area.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
Louise A
"Loved it!"
Very comfortable and welcoming! Perfect for the price!
3 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
Nicole
"Terrible"
A/C was never cleaned. Had to sleep with window open due to dust coming from A/C ended up with allergies.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Not worth it!!!"
Cheap yes, central yes. Dirty, smell horrible. Got sick from the Air conditioning, never been cleaned gave me allergies. Staff was nice and slow but helpful. Except for the location, I would never recommend this hotel.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Horrible place to stay. Too old and outdated facilities, bedroom smelled wet and uncomfotable, whole place is too hot, checked out staff was horrible too. So please don't advice people to stay. At the same price queens court in cairns did better than them
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
A good hotel with helpful staff who help with tickets for excursions.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Merry
"Hides Hotel"
Staff was great. Location was centrally positioned. Room was a little bit small, only 2 of the 4 lightbulbs worked & by the last day only 1 worked. The shared bathroom was deteriorating, hot water came & went. The provided breakfast was cold cereal or hard boiled eggs. It was easier to get free wi-fi across the street at Woolworth's.
3 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2014
Timothy
"It's okay, but I prefer better."
It is a barebones hotel located right in town. Pay internet that was unacceptable for my work. I check out the same day.
4 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Good deal"
Pretty good place, considering the low price and excellent location. It wasn't bad at all....very clean and updated bathroom and showers, and there's a sink inside the room. I had one of the remodeled original rooms that face the balcony. It was very spacious and the noise isn't too much of a problem...just bring earplugs for friday and saturday nights. Free wifi is available two blocks away at the Esplanade.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"beach motel"
Standard beach motel--tile floors, basic room amenities, nothing special. Good place for the price and location, easy to walk to the wharf where all sightseeing cruises leave from and many restaurants within walking distance.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Fantastic location"
Good value for money; nice free breakfast; friendly staff. Internet could also be free though.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"not impressed and nervous staying there."
stayed there one night. check in was 1pm but room was not ready yet when I arrived there. room was not very clean, water stains on the ceiling, lock on doors and windows did not seem secure. room was above Irish pub and was noisy. twin bed was uncomfortable. was awoken at 230 am by loud bang on my outside wall from someone throwing something at the wall. Pictures on site were much more flattering than reality. TV was about the same size as my laptop screen and did not have good reception(fuzzy picture and sound cutting out) It was one step up from a backpacker hostel.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Rich
"met our needs just fine"
This was a good location. We had a plane change into New Zealand, and needed an additional place to stay conveniently in Australia
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2014
"close to all sights"
10 min walk to boat to get to reef, next to food and shopping, they are fixing the street right now, harder to access area, but not too bad. I think this area could be noisy in crowed season, but it was just what we were looking for while we were here
1 night trip with friends May 19, 2014
Everything else as advertised except the shared toilets! I have stayed for 4 nights and definitely for the 3 of them I can confirm that they have not been cleaned!!
Other trip May 11, 2014
"excellent value"
very nice..convenient to everything
3 night family trip Mar 10, 2014
"Bad choice"
About the best thing that I can say about this hotel is that I don't think my room had bedbugs (and, believe me, I checked for them). This could be a very charming old hotel in a convenient location near the CBD, so it's a real shame that it is so dirty and poorly maintained. My room was filthy and there was no maid service at all for the three nights that I stayed there. The mattress appeared to be about 40 years old and was quite lumpy. The phones and internet service weren't working and some of the hotel employees were very unhelpful. My room had a door to the second-floor balcony and one night there was a large, late-night noisy party right outside of it. If I hadn't pre-paid for my room, I would have found another place to stay, even if it cost substantially more.
3 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2014
"It's OK."
The Hotel is fairly friendly. Everything is OK. Good for price.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
L
Nice place for what it is for; between a hotel and backpackers. Reasonable and clean for the situation. Know what you think is acceptable before you go there (shared bathrooms and such).
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Great location and price!"
Perfect for our short stay in Cairns. Close to everything. Right behind the airport bus drop off and only 2 blocks from the Esplanade.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"Good bargin"
Small clean room. No private bathroom, public bathroom with entire floor. 4 showers, 2 toilets. Breakfast is better than I thought, coffee, juice, cereal, boiled eggs, toast. A café breakfast will add another $15 per day. So the included breakfast is a good deal. The neighborhood is surrounded by backpacker hostels and bars, so there are many young people staying around the area getting drunk and staying up late. Though I thought the hotel was quite.
4 night trip Jun 6, 2013
Mario
"Beware: You get what you pay for"
There are several things to be ware of and I wish I had know this from reading the other reviews: 1. Shared BATH: means that six to seven people will be sharing a bath, shower and bathroom facilities. it does not mean you have a bathroom between a connecting room. 2. the cheaper rooms are musty and they tried to convert this to a room. and it is bad 3. The HOTEL is NOISY..the entire night. not from the partiers,,,you CAN hear the traffic outside all night long and you can never sleep. 4. I had a to pay extra money to upgrade
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
dissappointed
"Lovely location!!!!"
We loved it!
3 night trip Feb 26, 2013
"Great location and good price!"
This hotel was a very good bargain. It is centrally located, has an excellent staff and has a historical connection to the city. If you want someone to make your bed or bring you towels, pay the $80 extra a night. I stayed for 4 nights and it was a very nice experience.
Other trip Mar 22, 2013
Ron from UOG

"Older hotel in downtown Cairns"
Stayed three nights, but hotel was run down for the price. Had one of the rooms with a private bathroom.
3 night trip Jan 19, 2016
"Fine hotel"
I was a repeat client as I was happy with it before
2 night trip Dec 29, 2015
Stephen
PH
Hotel was clean and nice, room AC didn't work, and ceiling fan was noisy. Breakfast was really good though. More of a backpacker location rather than a hotel, but was happy with that at the price. Was a little disappointed that the band in the irish bar next door didn't finish until 1am.
1 night trip Nov 27, 2015
Glenn
"Not recommended!"
I stayed here for a conference recently, in a heritage ensuite room. The hotel was very old and in need of cleaning and refurbishment. Sheets smelled like body odour and there was a hair on my pillow. Breakfast was very light. The only good thing about this hotel was the aircon, and location - right across from Safeway and food places, and about 100m from taxi rank. Roon service came at 8:30am most days, and even if you hung the do not disturb sign on the door handle, you could still hear loud vacuuming in the hall. I definitely would not stay here again.
6 night business trip Nov 22, 2015
"Quick, cheap overnight stay in Cairns"
Quick stay overnight as had to catch the train the next morning - not bad pricing, at the end justified by the breakfast that was included in the price!
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
Outback Joe
"Hides Hotel Cains"
It is like a back packed hotel, we were placed in a room were we had to use shade toilets and souses
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
"BUDGET Hotel"
Not good at all. The staff were very good and most helpful at all times. The section of the hotel we stayed in (UNFORTUNATELY) was terrible. The room fan only ran at one top speed and looked as though it would come off at any time. The A/C unit was very noisy. The window lock disintegrated in my wife's hand and we were unable to lock the window. P.J. Obrien's pub is just below this section of the hotel, OPEN until 3.00am every morning with LOUD LOUD music playing until 3.00am some nights. During the day starting at 7.00am the local council are doing on going maintenance (not the hotels fault) right below the terrace and breakfast room, more noise and lots of dust around. Sorry I can't say anything better
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Disgruntled
"Looked a bit old"
Needs to be a bit more modern . Breakfast needs to have variety
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
Staff were very nice on arrival. Room was dark and very pokey. The carpets obviously hadn't been vacuumed as there were lots of fluff and crumbs lying arround.It was also very noisy.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Lovely hotel"
Lovely little hotel near everything you could want in Cairns. The lady at the front desk was lovely. The room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2015
Kayla
"close to everything"
excellent will come back again relaxing welcomed well, facilities adequate, staff always helpful,
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
anne
"Night time construction work - parking limited"
There was construction work going on well after midnight. I don't think that was mentioned before I booked. Also, while they mentioned parking was available, it was a first come first served basis.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Hotel in heart of cairns but that akl"
Unfriendly staff, arrived early in the morning had to wait ages for them to let me in even though it has a 24 hour desk. Room small dark and dirty the tv was as big as my phone... Best part of the stay was leaving. Would not recommend!!
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Friendly. Good value. Close to everything"
Will definitely be back again. Couldn't get better value.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
maureen
"good value hotel"
We enjoyed our weeks stay at Hides Cairns. The hotel provided a comfortable stay with all the facilities we needed at reasonable cost.We liked the buffet breakfast and would use a similar dinner if provided. We did not like eating with pidgeons, though they are not under your control !
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Warwick and Liz
"Central location"
Good location, but too noisy. Was disappointed with the rooms. Shared bathrooms not clean. Beds not comfortable. Basic breakfast of tea,coffee,juice, toast. Staff not helpful.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
bridget
"Nice hotel right in the centre of Cairns"
We stayed for a week, had a pleasant stay. Staff friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Business trip"
Business trip
3 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
"Great, central location with adequate service"
Great location in the center of Cairns close to the Esplanade. Pretty basic rooms but not impressed with the service as putting up a sign to clean the room only resulted in the bed being made after two days but no change of towels etc.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
Heike
ZA
Was very disappointed (former local of Cairns) Reception area was clean but on route to our room the hallways stink & were in desperate need of a good vacuum. Our room was ok & comfortable but had a very musty smell &the pillow cases had black marks on them. The bathroom mirror was filthy & the taps drip. There was also a clump of black hair (I have blonde so it wasn't mine) in the sink hole. Don't even get me started on the shower uneven temperature scolding hot then cold couldn't get it to stay even. We paid $108 & I have stayed in many hotels for the same price in much better conditions. If we weren't so tired from our big drive down I would have got a refund & went somewhere else wont be staying here again. I was going to say something to the front desk man but it's not his fault it wasn't clean. I have been a cleaner in the mines for years & would have my butt kicked for leaving a miners room like that let alone a hotel room. Wont be staying here again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Excellent."
Great stay. Great place.
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Uday
"Close to shops"
Very poor room servicing didn't change bedding or clean room for 4 days asked manager he say not in the hotel policy, only change bedding on 4 th day , super noisy after the local pub shuts fighting all night then street sweeper at 430 am then garbage collection at 600 am please find another hotel don't get caught on the price being cheap
Other trip Aug 20, 2015
jarrod
"Ok service and rooms but great central location"
The hotel was ok but not outstanding. The service was basic and I found it rather annoying that despite putting up the please clean the room sign twice the room was either not attended to at all or only the bed was made but nothing appeared to be cleaned and during a week's stay the towels weren't replaced once. The pool is located in the parking garage and though it appeared clean the location did not invite for use. The location proved to be great, right in the center of Cairns where most restaurants clubs etc. are located. This made the weekend a bit noisy but otherwise the room was suprisingly quiet.
6 night business trip Aug 8, 2015
Heike
ZA
"Basic accommodation in the centre of Cairns"
Shared bathrooms but sink and, fridge and tea & coffee making facility in the room. Our room over PJ O'Briens pub was a bit noisy so maybe ask to be somewhere else!
Other trip Aug 17, 2015